Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:28:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  (Read 282975 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: July 21, 2013, 08:03:47 AM

Is coming.

- Zack Snyder directs
- Henry Cavill
- Haven't cast Batman
- They read one of the seminal quotes from The Dark Knight Returns, to set the vibe of the movie

I'm conflicted whether I want Bale for Batman in this. On the one hand, a new Batman kinda requires the movie spend a chunk of wasteful time establishing the actor as Wayne and Batman. But on the other, I don't feel Bale can convey a cynical enough old guy if they're doing Dark Knight Returns like conflict. I'd almost want a 1980s-era Clint Eastwood for that  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

On the Superman side though, that seems perfect.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 02:33:04 PM by Trippy »
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 12:42:13 PM

I don't want to see Bale in this, I want to Dark Knight Trilogy to remain complete and brilliant, and completely untarnished by the stupidity that is superman.

This sort of stuff gets too much into comic book wankery which has no appeal to me at all.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 12:44:33 PM

Bale said he ain't doing it tho.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 12:54:39 PM

ugh
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 12:58:23 PM

I don't think the Nolan Batman would fit into the new Superman world.  I mean he got his ass beat by Bane who was just a normal muscle bound dude.  What's he gonna do against anyone with superpowers.  He's never made to out to be super smart like Batman is in the comics, they pretty much had Luscious Fox give him most of the tech he used in the movies.  Although he was able to modify some of the stuff, the base for everything was already laid out for him.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 01:12:58 PM

Luscious Fox

Why yes, he really is  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 01:18:34 PM

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 02:18:10 PM

Batman & Robin for the Avengers generation.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 02:23:48 PM

They really can't do it as pure Miller--that only works if you've got characters with tons of history with each other. Skipping ahead to the future of Man of Steel and making the Cavill Superman a flunky for the US government doesn't have any bite or wit to it. I'm guessing they're going to go with "Batman needs to take down Superman for some good reason, once he's taken down they team up against a common enemy [likely Luthor]" where all they're going to rip off from Miller is the way that the battle in DKR goes down.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 05:59:37 PM

- Zack Snyder directs

Spoiler: The movie is bad.

They read one of the seminal quotes from The Dark Knight Returns, to set the vibe of the movie

What Khaldun said. There's no way this can be at all related to the DKR. Batman and Superman fight due to a contrived misunderstanding, then put aside their differences to beat Lex Luthor's giant robot or some shit.

The vibe of the movie is going to be the same as in all of Snyder's other movies.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:02:41 PM by Margalis »

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 06:43:17 PM

This is going to be terrible and cost a fortune.  Right now I'd put it at a toss-up between this and Guardians as the movies that burst the superhero bubble.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 07:28:35 PM

This is going to be terrible and cost a fortune.  Right now I'd put it at a toss-up between this and Guardians as the movies that burst the superhero bubble.

This could be true, but its going to make a bajillion (that's right, I said bajillion with a J) dollars.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 08:23:05 PM

I'm actually kinda psyched about Guardians of the Galaxy.  They have a pretty good cast, plus I have more faith in Marvel when it comes to movies then I do DC.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 08:34:15 PM

Given F13's amazing ability to be entirely wrong about movies I'm expecting this to be the best movie of the year.  awesome, for real
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 10:57:50 PM

Okay, but here is a question nobody on the intertubes has ever thought of before:  Who would actually win in a fight between Batman and Superman?  I say Supes would win, because just one grazing punch would turn Batman into blood pudding.

The whole idea of this is retarded.

swamp poop

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 11:12:29 PM

Okay, but here is a question nobody on the intertubes has ever thought of before:  Who would actually win in a fight between Batman and Superman?  I say Supes would win, because just one grazing punch would turn Batman into blood pudding.

swamp poop

Obviously Batman is going to find out how to recreate Kryptonite air and use it to defeat Supes.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 02:09:53 AM

swamp poop

Not sure if Serious.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 02:27:21 AM

Both serious and not serious at the same time, I guess.  The whole idea is silly.  I have never taken part of a Batman vs. Superman debate, because it is pants on head territory.  As is the idea for this movie.

swamp poop

Obviously Batman is going to find out how to recreate Kryptonite air and use it to defeat Supes.

Yeah, see, that's the whole problem right there.  Because that is his only chance.  Coincidentally, it would also be my only chance against Superman as well.  Might as well make a movie about me fighting Superman.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 02:34:55 AM

I'd watch that.

"SEE THE SON OF KRYPTON PUNCHING THE HEADS OFF MEMBERS OF F13 ONE AT A TIME!"

Fucking Be There.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 02:56:14 AM

I was more thinking he could melt my face off with his laser vision, but I like the way you think.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 02:57:16 AM

As to your actual point :  Yeah, pretty much the problem I've always had with Supes is it's Kryptonite or nuthin'.

Though in Red Son, the lamps trick by Soviet Bat was rather cool.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 03:49:30 AM

Exactly.  Minus the kryptonite, there isn't really much you can do.  He could literally beat Batman by just standing there and letting Bats punch him all day.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 04:57:38 AM

It isn't nearly as difficult as you make out. Superman's real weakness is that he isn't very smart.

You just give them a conflicting goal that doesn't involve punching each other.

Find the widget before the other guy.
Save the redhead vs save the blonde whoops they are mutually exclusive because.
Publish and be damned vs prevent a riot.
Rob from the rich vs don't rob from the rich.

Clearly they have to work together in act 3 anyway.

This film will still be terrible. It has superman in it for one thing.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 05:15:35 AM

It isn't nearly as difficult as you make out. Superman's real weakness is that he isn't very smart.
Well, he was.  Evidently the new story is, "Oh all People from Krypton are geniuses (in the same way you're a genius to someone from 12bc) and the yellow sun power has made him able to think faster than anyone!"

Much like super-speed to rival the flash (rather than 'faster than a speeding bullet) and his ridiculous power creep in the 40's some writers thought would be a good idea to heap on him for whatever storyline they wanted to sell to the comics crowd in the 70's.  Oh he's also got an eidetic memory now.

Go back to the 30's and he's a mook who acts without thinking and relies on his strength to carry-through.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 05:20:36 AM

Never mind the 30s, I once again submit Lois and Clark as the benchmark for all things Superman.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 05:22:45 AM

I wish you'd stop it.

awesome, for real

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 05:32:35 AM

You just give them a conflicting goal that doesn't involve punching each other.

Find the widget before the other guy.
Save the redhead vs save the blonde whoops they are mutually exclusive because.
Publish and be damned vs prevent a riot.
Rob from the rich vs don't rob from the rich.

Clearly they have to work together in act 3 anyway.

This film will still be terrible. It has superman in it for one thing.

Maybe, but then that isn't really Superman VERSUS Batman.  That's more like Supes and Bats sit down for a spirited game of Parcheesi, or Chutes and Ladders.  You can't put "versus" in there unless there is some kind of fight happening.  In which case Superman could just send his blazing fast fist of steel back in time to punch Batman's mom in the uterus.

I can't believe I am doing this.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 05:34:05 AM

And yet every time they've clashed in the comics, he's beaten the everliving fuck out of the alien.  And it's always been funny.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 07:42:53 AM

The laws of narrative causality tell us Batman has to win every time. Invincible alien punching the batman is even less interesting than kryptonite. And superman outwitting batman given his physical superiority just seems unfair.

And of course the competition between these can be more interesting than a straight smack down. I concede it won't be. But there is no reason it can't be.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 11:51:34 AM

I remember in one of the Saturday cartoons (I forget now if it was the Batman cartoon or the Superman cartoon) there was a "Superman vs Batman" episode where it's established that Superman thinks Batman is a criminal vigilante and wants to arrest him, but Batman blackmails Superman into not messing with him by telling him that he's rigged a gadget on himself that will detonate a bomb and kill an innocent person if Supes touches him or otherwise incapacitates him.  If Superman helps him catch the villain of the week, he'll remove the bomb.  Superman verifies the truth of all this with his super polygraph powers, and agrees to be Batman's sidekick for the remainder of the episode.

At the end of the episode, Batman of course reveals that the innocent person was himself.   awesome, for real

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 07:51:54 PM

I'd watch that.

"SEE THE SON OF KRYPTON PUNCHING THE HEADS OFF MEMBERS OF F13 ONE AT A TIME!"

Fucking Be There.

I'm imagining that Supes is screaming out, "HARDCORE PVP!" with every punch.

I'd claim that Zod made me do it. Your avatar gives me plausible deniability Ironwood.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 11:12:59 PM

Exactly.  Minus the kryptonite, there isn't really much you can do.  He could literally beat Batman by just standing there and letting Bats punch him all day.

Kryptonite isn't Superman's only weakness. He's always been vulnerable to magic.

Though Batman getting some magic trinkets to beat Superman with is, of course, a silly idea for this very serious topic.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 11:21:31 PM

Well yes, Batman getting a magic trinket is much sillier than Skeletor magically controlling Superman to attack He-Man.

Over and out.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 11:44:11 PM

Wait, He-Man can beat Superman ?

How does that work ?  Eternian Sun not Yellow enough ?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 12:06:38 AM

I shouldn't be, but I am baffled by the fact that those two universes have ever even been put together.  Superman vs He-man?  WTF?  It doesn't even look right.

Comics are strange.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  
Jump to: