Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:39:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Project Phoenix (Reseen and stuff) + now updated with Saber pack. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Project Phoenix (Reseen and stuff) + now updated with Saber pack.  (Read 29434 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: October 12, 2013, 03:59:15 PM

So basically the locust is the size of a spider and the other 3 are the size of a large heavy or small assault.

You'd think it wouldn't be so hard to keep size proportional to weight.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #71 on: October 12, 2013, 04:20:17 PM

By the way, they announced the Locust will go as fast as 170 Kph, and the 3M variant will have 5 energy hardpoints and 2AMS to defend itself from streaks. Interesting.

About weight and size, it's a known fact that they fucked up some of the early 'mechs, but for these recent ones they are providing with explanations based on game balancing and other things that aren't simply based on "more weight = more size". I can't recollect them all here, but in general I didn't disagree too much. The Shadow Hawk for example is a high mobility 'mech with very good armour. It is the same weight of a Kintaro and it is pretty much the same height (but not the same width). The Thunderbolt is short, but it is wide. Hmmmm

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 13, 2013, 09:35:23 AM

By the way, they announced the Locust will go as fast as 170 Kph, and the 3M variant will have 5 energy hardpoints and 2AMS to defend itself from streaks. Interesting.

Oh this isn't going to be annoying or anything.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 14, 2013, 11:04:04 AM

New video, Phoenix 'mechs preview.

Gods, the view from the Shadow Hawk cockpit, with the cannon sticking out on the left, is gorgeous. (Around 0:43)

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: October 15, 2013, 12:24:46 PM

That Battlemaster looks MUCH better when it's moving.  Much.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 15, 2013, 02:55:31 PM

It could hardly look worse.

Hic sunt dracones.
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 16, 2013, 05:29:02 AM

I have to say I'm really enjoying using the Thunderbolt SE currently (the one with jumpjets)

Not sure why, but I'm pleased there is now a heavy Mech I don't feel crap in (Catapult)*

Not having much fun in the Battlemaster so far but that might be that I'm too broke from grinding chassis over the double XP weekend to do much with the fits yet.

*Yes I have the Muromets and it is a gibmachine but I'm old school Battletech and like a mix of weapons ranges on my Mechs, unfortunately LRM fitted Catapults suffer at close range (except the Streak-Cat which suffers at anything other than short range)
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: October 16, 2013, 11:37:49 AM

Uh, wrong side.  And don't we have enough 'mechs who stash everything in the RT already?

Oddly that's the only variant with the launcher on that side
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: October 16, 2013, 01:23:27 PM

I really like that the Thunderbolts are so different, with differently sized launchers on different shoulders. In love with the 'mech. Doesn't look like my favourite from the 80s at all, but an instant crush for this "loosely inspired by" version. Also, it moves and feels like a truck, and I love trucks (it is why I love the Awesome).

Screenshots of the Thunderbolt 5S (P) and the Thunderbolt 5SS. The back of the huge launcher on the 5S looks like a gigantic subwoofer.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:00:16 PM by Falconeer »

Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: October 17, 2013, 04:41:32 AM

Oh this isn't going to be annoying or anything.

The most annoying thing right now is the packs of Locust you get in some games (think I've seen 4 at one point). Killing them with LRM fire seems pretty effective as they are so fragile (if your spotters can stay on them).

Hopefully once the novelty wears off and/or people finish the basic boxes we'll start to see less of them.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: October 18, 2013, 06:49:43 AM

Wow a lot of people paid for these packages if last nights drops were any indication...I'd say 3/4 of the mechs I dropped with in 6 battles were BLRs, SHDs, LCTs etc

It's also glorious cause obviously a lot of them haven't played in a while and they suck.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: October 18, 2013, 07:56:45 AM

Watching a lot of Battlemasters in action and they really seem to have some quite awesome survivability.  One last night got utterly fucking hammered by everything and was almost bright red all over and STILL took two down before the match ended.  Yes, he was still alive at the end.

The other mechs I'm not sure about, but I do like the massive fuck off guns sticking out the side of the cockpit.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: October 19, 2013, 10:11:32 AM

Shadowhawk is the first medium I've been happy with ballistics on. Having fun swapping ac5s out for multiple ac2s.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: October 19, 2013, 11:06:54 AM

The Shadow Hawk cannon is so pretty. I love the animation from the cockpit, the barrel "recoiling" after every shot. So cool.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: October 19, 2013, 03:50:14 PM

Personally though I think the shd from the outside looks as ugly as sin

Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: October 21, 2013, 04:53:36 AM

Personally though I think the shd from the outside looks as ugly as sin

Agreed I'm not a fan of the Hawk either inside or out.

Can't really put my finger on why, the limited ammo might be [part of] it.

The 4 missile Locust has my attention, shame I cant get more than 3 streaks on with Beagle (and without Beagle I never seem to get a lock!) unless I want to downgrade the engine (and die)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Project Phoenix (Reseen and stuff) + now updated with Saber pack.  
Jump to: