Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Project Phoenix (Reseen and stuff) + now updated with Saber pack. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Project Phoenix (Reseen and stuff) + now updated with Saber pack.  (Read 29746 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: June 25, 2013, 12:16:10 PM

I am speechless.

You go see for yourself.

http://mwomercs.com/phoenix

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:45:08 PM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 12:27:12 PM

Official "Project Phoenix" FAQ:

This thread answers some frequently asked questions from our Project Phoenix Promotion. This post was last updated on June 25, 2013.
If you have feedback regarding this promotion, or if you would like to engage in discussion with other players, please see this thread.

Q: Has a sale end date been announced yet?
A: Not at this time. We want to ensure our biggest fans have ample opportunity to purchase these exclusive packages before they are vaulted. Once vaulted, the Phoenix BattleMechs will never be made available again.

Q: What can I do if I have encountered a problem with my purchase?
A: Please contact support@mwomercs.com and our Game Masters will be happy to help you out.

Q: When am I able to select my House faction?
A: Further details on dates are yet to be confirmed. Stay tuned for updates!

Q: Is there an opportunity to upgrade my package?
A: Yes, you may upgrade your package for the duration of the sale.

Q: Can packages be gifted to others? Ie. Can I buy this for a friend?
A: Not at this time.

Q: What type of added benefit will existing Founders receive upon purchase of any Project Phoenix package?
A: Great news for Founders, as a purchase of any of these packs will reward Founders with a unique and exclusive hanging cockpit item displaying their specific Founder's tier in the item's design.

Q: What is a custom forum color and what does it look like?
A: Much like the Founders colors, players who purchase the Project Phoenix Mech Packages will get a unique icon color and title to stand out on the forum.

Q: If I am also a Founder, can I choose between my founders forum badge and Project Phoenix forum badge?
A: Yes, similar to how you are currently able to change your forum avatar, you will be able to choose to show your Project Phoenix Package Icon. Changing your In-Game badge will be possible once that functionality is added to the game.

Q: Will Founders receive their unique cockpit hanging item on October 15th along with all other package contents?
A: Yes, all items will be awarded on October 15th.

Q: Will the entire collection of items in each package (ie - Mechs, Badges, Medallions etc) be delivered all on the same date or will different items be provided at different dates?
A: All package contents will be delivered on Oct 15th.

Q: How are the Phoenix Battlemechs cosmetically and functionally different from the Mechs already in-game?
A: The Phoenix Variants of each Project Phoenix Battlemech comes packed with the following cosmetic and functional perks:
Unique and Exclusive Custom Designed Exterior
30% C-Bill boost
10% Loyalty Point Boost
Important! These Phoenix Variants will NEVER again be available to purchase or to unlock once the sale offer has ended.

Q: What is the difference between a Phoenix and Standard Variant ?
A: The Standard Variants of each Project Phoenix Mech will not carry any of the Phoenix Variant cosmetic or functional benefits, as seen in the answer above.

Q: Are the Project Phoenix Phoenix Variant and Standard Variant Mechs customizable in the areas of exterior cosmetic changes, loadout changes and/or cockpit customizations?
A: The Camo Spec, Loadout and cockpit customizations can all be user-selected and changed for the Phoenix BattleMechs and their Standard Variants.

Q: Do I need empty Mechbays before I can purchase this package?
A: Great news - each Project Phoenix package comes with the precisely the necessary number of additional Mech Bays in order to house your newly purchased Mechs.

Q: Which types of payments do you accept?
A: We currently accept most major payment options through our current payment system. Availability varies by country.

Q: Will I be able to choose which Mech is included in my package? Can I switch it later?
A: Project Phoenix packages contain predefined contents and thus cannot be mixed-and-matched.

Q: Will this be available Worldwide?
A: Yes, except where prohibited by law.

Q: When will the Standard Variants be purchasable with C-bills or MC?
A: For those who do not Buy a Project Phoenix Package - The Standard Variants release schedule is currently set as:
Oct 15, 2013: Locust
Nov 20, 2013: Shadowhawk
Dec 18, 2013: Thunderbolt
Jan 22, 2014: Battlemaster

Premium Time
Q: What is "Premium Time" and how does it benefit me?
A: Premium Time applies an additional 50% of gained XP and additional 50% of gained C-Bills while active, per game played. It is a powerful and time-saving method to advance and empower your Mechs with new abilities and upgrades.

Q: Will the 'early bird' benefit of 30 Days Premium Time also be awarded also on Oct 15th?
A: No, the 30 Days Premium Time from the early bird special will be awarded on our next regularly scheduled weekly maintenance period after you place your order, and will be available for you to use immediately after it is applied to your account.

Q: Will I be able to choose when to begin my Premium Time?
A: Yes, all package-related Premium Time, including the ‘early bird’ Premium time benefit, will be added to your banked Premium Time. Any previously banked Premium Time will be combined with the new Premium Time; a button in the client allows the one-time activation of all your banked Premium Time.

Q: If I already have Premium Time activated on my account, will I still have the option to begin my Project Phoenix Premium Time at my discretion?
A: Yes, if you're currently enjoying activated Premium Time, you will still have the option of starting your banked Premium Time after your current time has expired.

Q: What if I don’t activate my ‘early bird’ 30 days premium time before October 15?
A: No problem, we'll add any Premium Time from your Project Phoenix package to your banked Premium Time on your account. Ie. Players who purchase the Overlord package and choose not to use their ‘early bird’ Premium Time right away, will have 120 days of Premium Time in their bank on October 15 when Project Phoenix packages are awarded. Note that all banked Premium Time is combined, and once activated the timer countdown will commence.

Loyalty Points
Q: What are Loyalty Points?
A: Loyalty Points are part of the upcoming Community Warfare expansion. Players will be able to work with and/or pledge allegiance to one of the major factions within the game's universe. Loyalty Points are earned by doing a variety of activities within the game. Players will have a pooled loyalty rank value per in-game faction. As the player performs specific actions they will earn loyalty points which are added or removed from these individual faction rank pools. Loyalty Point boosts increase the positive earning of points in these individual boosts. Earning a high level of rank with anyone one faction, earns the player access to specific faction content and economic benefits. Further details will be revealed with upcoming announcements on Community Warfare.

Q: Does the Faction Medallion ‘Loyalty Boost’ of 2.5%, stack together with the 10% Loyalty Boost when using a Phoenix BattleMech?
A: Yes – giving a total of 12.5% Loyalty Boost per match when using a Phoenix BattleMech that is equipped with a Faction Medallion.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 12:40:41 PM

Welp, I think that effectively ends the discussion about whether the game will be fixed to be fun or just turn into a money sink of boating and shit.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:52:33 PM

So it seems that the Phoenix variants are better than the founder mechs (or the hero mechs?) since they also get a 10% loyalty bonus (in addition to the 30% cash boost)  why so serious?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 01:05:00 PM

Buy a Battlemaster, get 3 free useless mechs.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 01:14:06 PM

Buy a Battlemaster, get 3 free useless mechs.

You have to wait until January next year unless you go Overlord (to play Battlemaster)  why so serious?

it seems  why so serious? is turning into my smiley of choice when it comes to MWO
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 01:17:59 PM

It's obviously a money scheme, but like the founders scheme here you are basically buying a bundle of Hero 'mechs. The 'mechs will be available in their standard form for c-bills anyway. So, is it so bad?

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 01:19:47 PM

Fuckers.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 01:25:42 PM

Bought.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 01:39:47 PM

Of course, me too. How could I not? I am a slave to this franchise. Damn.

Locust

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:51:20 PM by Falconeer »

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 02:05:18 PM

Fuck.  Maybe just buying the regular Battlemaster and Thunderbolt with creds will be enough for me.  I don't need bonuses.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 08:03:01 PM

Heart

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 10:23:07 AM

Fuckers bringing up a few of my favorite old school mechs
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 10:23:56 AM

Shadow Hawk pic is up.

Nice Look.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 10:26:09 AM

Yeah it is, gonna be real hard to not buy that. 
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 12:41:08 PM

No warhammer?  Wtf, lets pick the ugliest unseen mechs?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 12:50:13 PM

Because the Warhammer is delightful ?

Don't be daft. 

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 01:34:34 PM

None of these 4 are Harmony Gold, they could also maybe do Griffon and Wolverine but you won't see the others.  That's from some guy who seems to understand what's going on with the licensing. 

I don't have a clue myself.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 03:05:42 PM

Dude, I'd love to see the Warhammer and the Marauder myself, or the Archer. I even have the original vintage models on my sehlf. My mind would just explode. But saying that those four are ugly? What's wrong with you?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 03:54:55 PM

Someone needs to dust more often.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 11:04:30 PM

HEH!
They are not on display, I took them out of a very safe (but dusty) box just for the photo.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 01:28:23 AM

Someone needs to stop gouging his frustration and anger into the tabletop.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 06:58:19 AM

So I have until July 25 to save up for $80?  why so serious?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 06:59:44 AM

If you get it before the 25th you get one month of extra Premium Time (4 months instead of three), but the offer is most likely gonna stay alive until launch, meaning easily up to September.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 07:12:43 AM

No way I can afford that now.  Heartbreak

I need a sugar daddy/mommy with a big purse.

Any takers? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 07:39:40 AM

Premium game time is pretty meaningless.  While the Xp boost is nice the credits have no use once you get the chassis you want.

Then again I'm probably not the best gauge. I hadn't bought a new chassis in over 5 months once my garage filled.  I just sold off my catapharact so I could get a rifleman instead.  awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 08:11:26 AM

I used to agree with that Merusk, but I recently realized that if you like to drive more different 'mechs then you gotta spend a good amount of money to buy upgrades and especially XL engines for the ones who need it. Also, modules. Those are expensive.

But ultimately, I am pretty sure money will become a thing when they will reveal the whole "epic" 'mech scheme. Also, "branded" weapons.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 08:28:10 AM

I used to agree with that Merusk, but I recently realized that if you like to drive more different 'mechs then you gotta spend a good amount of money to buy upgrades and especially XL engines for the ones who need it. Also, modules. Those are expensive.

But ultimately, I am pretty sure money will become a thing when they will reveal the whole "epic" 'mech scheme. Also, "branded" weapons.

I'd be willing to bet that "loyalty" will be more important than money...
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 10:14:00 AM

You don't have a garage filled with modules and engines by now? I do. 

Then again, I'll also swap engines between Chassis because you can only run one mech at a time, so why buy that 315 3 times.  (Note: If you're always the first guy to die and want to run another match immediately this won't work for you.)

Until I bought the new chassis I had 8 or 9 million, and I only run 4-5 matches every few days.  I haven't played in a while and I still have 3.3mil, avg a low 128k per match.

I'd be willing to bet that "loyalty" will be more important than money...
I'd bet that, too.  I expect something Eve-like to come out with faction mechs, equip, etc.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 10:14:27 AM

Thunderbolt unveiled. It is MUCH better than I expected. It has been my all time favourite in the tabletop for more than twenty years and I must say it's already my favourite in MWO. I am delighted.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 10:19:07 AM

To Merusk, I don't know what to say. Maybe you are right. But I have about twenty chassis, and to fit them all with modules (seismic is 6M!) feels expensive to me. You don't need money if you stick to three or four 'mechs or if you sell the ones you don't need, but I never sell anything so I have a certain upkeep for all the crap I am filling my hangar mechlab with. That said, since as everyone points out money are not THAT important right now, I would be surprised if, say, to buy the cool stuff in the future they wouldn't put a Loyalty AND money requirement. Like, you need 15k Loyalty to access the Tier 2 epic 'mechs and then you need 80M C-bills (to get which you want Premium) to buy it. They have to put a carrot on that stick and they know it very well.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 10:27:33 AM

Yeah, I guess it's only if you don't buy a lot of mechs, you find credits are meaningless.  Tho if they go the 80mil route as you're speculating I'll just drop the game.  I don't grind anymore.  Even WoT drove me off with it's grind from tier 9 to 10 and the added cost of tanks.  No thanks, I'm not 20 anymore!

I have cash to spend but not the time to grind.  Probably why I'm playing P2Win games now.

(Checked my stats I only have 597 games played in MWO.)

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 02:57:29 PM

Yeah, premium time is kinda useless if you're maxed out or conservative but I'm like Falc, I really dislike selling and I don't actually have that much time to play lately so I'm nowhere near close to having a happy stable.

I haven't even activated my original premium time yet. Saving for that when I get settled again.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 04:55:13 PM

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 05:01:13 PM

I never got the performance out of it some could.  I have a 3:1 kill ratio in a stalker, and 1.0 or better in Catapult variants (1.0 in the shitty founder version)  but couldn't break .85 in the Catapharact.  It's clearly not the mech I should be piloting.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Project Phoenix (Reseen and stuff) + now updated with Saber pack.  
Jump to: