Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:02:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Project Phoenix (Reseen and stuff) + now updated with Saber pack. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Project Phoenix (Reseen and stuff) + now updated with Saber pack.  (Read 28585 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 05:52:47 PM

It's always performed best for me as a brawler and ambusher, but the game probably doesn't allow that right now.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 27, 2013, 11:08:32 PM

It's always performed best for me as a brawler and ambusher, but the game probably doesn't allow that right now.

There's nothing like getting the alpine mountains map with a 4*LPL Atlas (and spending most of the match circling to get into range while avoiding a head-on fight at 1k+)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #37 on: June 28, 2013, 12:21:53 AM

I just started using a 4 AC5 Cataphract and I am having lots of unexpected fun. The DPS is higher than the dual-AC20 Jager or Catapult over the 4 seconds mark and while I agree that it's easier to waste ammo since you have to hit more often, the very fast rate of fire (1,5 cooldown) and the ultra long range (600 - 1800) definitely make up for it if you ask me. The extreme constant shake on the receiving end is a nice bonus.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 28, 2013, 11:30:36 AM

Battlemaster.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 28, 2013, 11:49:42 AM

Heartbreak

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 28, 2013, 11:56:25 AM

Right? It's a beautiful beast, but I can't see the Battlemaster. At all.

Not at all this

Maybe a little bit of this

The head had to stick out more, somehow. That's what the Battlemaster is all about.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:59:05 AM by Falconeer »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 28, 2013, 12:00:02 PM

It's lovely.  Doesn't say 'Battlemaster' to me tho.

I'm not familiar with your second pic, but that's clearly what they were going for.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 02, 2013, 01:24:08 AM

I have to cut them a little slack, there's just no excuse for not headshotting a Battlemaster in the original design.  They couldn't have given the thing a giant bubble cockpit and then turned around and tried to defend it having a small enough head hitbox that it doesn't die in the first fifteen seconds of a game to snipers.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 02, 2013, 01:27:19 AM

Yeah, the very first Mechwarrior had that problem.  The head was lined up with the crosshairs.  And I mean DIRECTLY lined up.  Made those missions so easy for the Blazing Aces.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #44 on: July 14, 2013, 05:21:20 PM

Yeah, the very first Mechwarrior had that problem.  The head was lined up with the crosshairs.  And I mean DIRECTLY lined up.  Made those missions so easy for the Blazing Aces.

So is anyone getting any of this? I was really tempted before but now... that's a fair amount of money I could be spending on the steam sale...
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #45 on: July 14, 2013, 05:51:39 PM

I haven't even bought MC since the founders pack, never mind premium mechs; so, no.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 14, 2013, 08:31:43 PM

I wont ever give these assholes another dime. Mostly because they broke the fuck out of the game for me and refused to pause my premium time. I don't care if that makes me sound entitled.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 14, 2013, 08:36:29 PM

If I could choose what type of mech I got for the basic pack I would get it, but I only want the Battlemasters and not paying 80 bucks.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 14, 2013, 11:23:42 PM

I got the 80$ one. I have been playing every day for a year and I still put three or four hours every days into it. So yeah, had to.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #49 on: July 14, 2013, 11:31:15 PM

I got the 80$ one. I have been playing every day for a year and I still put three or four hours every days into it. So yeah, had to.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Yeah, I'm a ShadowHawk fan... but Thunderbolt isn't bad... and then it's just a slip to Battlemaster...

I think I'm just gonna go for the Shadowhawk pack though... Damn Falc peer pressure
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 20, 2013, 12:34:22 PM

Some new pics that also show the default Phoenix pattern and colour. Phoenix colours will be unlocked for all your 'mechs as a "reward" for preordering.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 28, 2013, 12:44:19 PM

Saber Phoenix.

30 more dollars to get Griffin and Wolverine. This sucks cause, honestly, as a friend of mine said, no matter how good the stuff is, it is just BAD TASTE. Damn. way to have the vocal part of your community hate you.

Anyway, the 'mechs look great, but do we really need them at the moment?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 04, 2013, 05:54:33 AM

Looks like all they had to do to sell a lot of Phoenix packages was to post a few actual screenshots of the new 'mechs. The progress bar has been growing very slowly in the past month (although for fairness it accelerated after the many bits of Community Warfare released in the past few days).

Then, they posted those Locust screenshots yesterday and the bar jumped from about 75% to 100% overnight.

http://mwomercs.com/phoenix

Granted, this might all be fake and the bar completely artificial and rigged, but it makes sense: the Locust does look cool.

EDIT: Also, flame pattern unlocked for those who gave them all the money. Well, sweet  Heart
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 06:06:07 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 08, 2013, 02:16:11 PM

First look in game at the Battlemaster and the Shadow Hawk, dropping next Tuesday.

And the Locust from a few days ago for whoever missed it.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 08, 2013, 02:41:38 PM

That Battlemaster STILL looks shit.

Ugly and blocky and those missile pods blow.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 09, 2013, 03:43:42 AM

Uhm, strongly disagree. I think the Battlemaster looks amazing. It sucks that the photo doesn't make it look big (compared to the Shadow Hawk especially), but I really like the look of it. Blocky isn't a bad thing, and those shulders, while I am not a WoW or Gwar fan, look great to me. Disappointed by the missile pod though, yeah, which has clearly been reshaped to obtain side protection from the shoulder pauldron. I might be wrong but I'd swear they redesigned the cockpit too, this one looks a bit more like the original than what we have seen in the concept arts (I also think they updated the concept arts on the website accordingly  Tinfoil Hat ).

Today they will reveal the Thunderbolt. It has been my favourite 'mech since forever, it was my ride in the tabletop 80% of the time, so I am nervous about how it'll come out and most importantly if it'll be viable to play.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 09, 2013, 04:05:51 AM

OH YEAH Huh  WELL, LET'S JUST DISAGREE THEN !!!

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 09, 2013, 04:20:12 AM

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 09, 2013, 09:47:12 AM

New Battlemaster picture since people were whining on the forums that it looked as tall as the Shadow Hawk. Russ Bullock repeatedly stated that no they are not the same size and to clarify that he posted a new picture which, while awesome, doesn't really clarify anything. I mean, obviously he has to be believed, I just wonder why is it so hard for him (them, Bryan is often on the same confused page) to do very simple things.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 09, 2013, 11:42:24 AM

Still No.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 09, 2013, 12:07:35 PM

Agreed.  It's not a Battlemaster.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 09, 2013, 12:13:07 PM

Oh hey on that I agree, I even said so a few posts up:

Right? It's a beautiful beast, but I can't see the Battlemaster. At all.

Not at all this

Maybe a little bit of this

The head had to stick out more, somehow. That's what the Battlemaster is all about.

I just think it is a beautiful new 'mech, but it is undeniable it would be impossible to tell it's a Battlemaster just by looking at it.
I like that it has huge legs, it will probably make sense to aim for them for a change.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 09, 2013, 02:09:39 PM

So I dumped some cash into this because why not. When I pick my cockpit dangly bits - is there any reason to pick one faction over another? Do these factions have preferences for certain mechs/weapons/whatever?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 09, 2013, 02:12:15 PM

Ekman said they will when Community Warfare and the whole lore driven metagame will be implemented, and prices and availabilities will change based on factions. But he said so many things it is hard to believe anything...

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 09, 2013, 02:13:45 PM

Here is the Thunderbolt.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 09, 2013, 02:37:53 PM

Uh, wrong side.  And don't we have enough 'mechs who stash everything in the RT already?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 10, 2013, 03:04:23 AM

On the other hand, reasonably high hard points and a what looks like a manageable CT hitbox. Those lasers are presumably all LT.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 10, 2013, 03:48:21 AM

I hate that they didn't go for a lower in-the-chest cockpit like the original and put the lasers on top of it eventually, that would have been really unique, as the Thunderbolt should be. On the other hand, people whine on the forums about the lack of the undersling laser in the left arm, but I guess that is based on variants and installed weapons, so I wouldn't cry about that yet. After all, it is present in the concept art used to sell the product.

EDIT: All in all I would say the screenshot doesn't do it any justice. It is from a weird, low angle so I am eagerly waiting to see the real thing in action.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:54:02 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: October 10, 2013, 10:39:20 AM

Shadow Hawk 2D2 with the Flame pattern.

Heart

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 12, 2013, 09:05:19 AM

A lot of new pictures, mostly for scale comparison but they definitely give more angles about the upcoming Phoenix 'mechs. Plenty more under the spoiler tag.

v MORE HERE v

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:22:51 AM by Falconeer »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Project Phoenix (Reseen and stuff) + now updated with Saber pack.  
Jump to: