Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:33:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 5.4 - Needs more kitchen sink 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5.4 - Needs more kitchen sink  (Read 116013 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #210 on: November 03, 2013, 05:22:58 PM

Best thing to do is go to the timeless island and just start doing quests there. It holds your hand nicely while handing you loot bags.

Then once you have loot bags, do some quick LFR stuff to catch up on what happened with the story. Also, go to the Shadopan place to get the Thunder Island for the Thunder key faction stuff. That has story too.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: November 04, 2013, 01:19:36 AM

Cheers mate, I'm already doing the first one, but I'll start on the second.

I saw a hunter with a cool as fuck Tricerotops as a pet;  fuck me, I want one of them.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: November 04, 2013, 08:12:28 AM

You are weak, Highlander.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #213 on: November 04, 2013, 08:29:54 AM

I also remembered this: Your farm is useful now for reputation stuff. Just talk to Nana Mudclaw if you are exalted with the Tillers and she'll give you the daily work order quest sheet in the farm. This will let you plant stuff for reputation.

Also make sure if you are revered in any faction in pandaria on any toon, go buy the commendation. This gives you double the reputation all the way up to exalted. This also works with farm work orders to double the rep. It makes the faction grinding much less of a pain in the ass.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: November 04, 2013, 09:06:26 AM

Also make sure if you are revered in any faction in pandaria on any toon, go buy the commendation. This gives you double the reputation all the way up to exalted. This also works with farm work orders to double the rep. It makes the faction grinding much less of a pain in the ass.

And they're account-bound, so any alts you have will benefit.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: November 04, 2013, 10:32:09 AM

Cheers mate, I'm already doing the first one, but I'll start on the second.

From the SA New/Returning Player thread:
Step 1: Get thee to the Timeless Isle. Remember to set your loot specialization (right-click your portrait) to the role you want to gear up first (probably healer/tank if your class is capable of them and you can stand to do them), then get a bunch of the 496 random-suffix armor pieces. Random heroic dungeons are an alternative: run them for JP, use JP to buy 489/496 items. World bosses (Sha of Anger, Galleon, Oondasta, Nalak, the Celestials on Timeless Isle) can be killed once per week for loot, and you only need to hit them once before they die to get credit for killing them. If you fucking love dealing with idiots, get Elder Charms by acquiring a treasure room key and doing the scenario, then queue for MSV/HoF/ToES LFR wings and try not to kill yourself from the concentrated level of stupid contained within. When you get enough VP for it, buy the necklace from Shado-Pan Assault.
Step 2: Once you hit average ilvl 480 (the second number if you're looking at your character sheet), queue for Throne of Thunder LFR. Get as many Mogu Runes of Fate as you can by trading in Timeless Coins. Look at the loot table in the dungeon journal (default keybinding is shift-J) and figure out which bosses have the best drops for you, and use a coin roll on them for an extra chance at loot. Also pick up the heroic scenario quest from your faction shrine (in the central area inside), and do that for a free random-suffix 516. Random heroic scenarios are also a good option for gearing, since subsequent randoms will give you a chance at another 516 item. Maybe look into the 535 random-suffix loot in Timeless Isle: you can get one guaranteed one by having someone ferry you to the Blazing Chest, and you can buy them for a obscene number of Timeless Coins. If you kill a few bosses in ToT LFR, you will hit friendly with Shado-Pan Assault and gain access to a lot more 522 VP items.
Step 3: Once you hit average ilvl 496, queue for Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. At this point you are basically up to date: make sure your gear is properly gemmed, reforged, and enchanted (look in your class thread) and start looking around for flex or normal mode raiding groups. You won't be able to use a coin on every boss: you can turn in 50 Lesser Charms for 3 Warforged Seals once per week under your faction's shrine. Try to get into flex pickup groups, or even a normal mode raid. Use VP on upgrading your best pieces.

That should give you some idea of the numbers you'll need for the various stuff.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
craan
Terracotta Army

... . ...br.. . ..br. . ...br

Reply #216 on: November 04, 2013, 12:30:58 PM

It also helps if you loop some Benny Hill music when you're on the Timeless Isle.  It makes all the chat more fun.

Timer on Huo?
Huo up!
Huo at 60%
Slow DPS please!
Huo at 20%
NOOO SLOW DPS PLS!!
Where is Huo?
RareCoordinator:  Huolon is now dead.
ARRRRGH SELFISH PRICKS I TOLD YOU TO SLOW DPS

Repeat for Ship, Maw, etc.  Although Huo is more 'important' because of the chance at a mount drop and the Vesuvius/Evermaw drop a rather large amount of coins.

Also, Timeless Isle helps gearing any alts you have a lot less of a problem if you save the 496 gear tokens.  Often you can completely deck out a new level 90 to near-full 496 or close to it.

PWYWWYFSWLSOCA
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: November 04, 2013, 12:31:09 PM

There's a story here, but it's not interesting and, frankly, wouldn't change the facts.

So, yeah, pretty much.  But the wife got a whole Raid full of loot and was happy.  After a while, whatever does that, you know ?

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #218 on: November 04, 2013, 12:38:45 PM

I was going to play a little again, just for a laugh.  I actually installed the game. Then I looked at the links of my "Come back and play again" email that I got, and it was just another phishing attempt.  Crisis averted.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:40:39 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #219 on: November 04, 2013, 04:46:04 PM

It's pretty fun for a while if you don't take it very seriously. Which at this point, why the fuck would you?

Example, I'm getting all my cooking achievements. I'm getting reps done I never did. I bought a flying dragon. Etc.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: November 04, 2013, 11:10:56 PM

It's pretty fun for a while if you don't take it very seriously. Which at this point, why the fuck would you?

Example, I'm getting all my cooking achievements. I'm getting reps done I never did. I bought a flying dragon. Etc.

You're in denial.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: November 05, 2013, 02:30:54 AM

Do you have one of these yet?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #222 on: November 05, 2013, 09:02:03 AM

You're in denial.

About what? The raids?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: November 05, 2013, 11:11:54 AM

He's suggesting you're addicted and not being entirely honest with yourself.

He might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: November 05, 2013, 12:51:22 PM

There's a story here, but it's not interesting and, frankly, wouldn't change the facts.

So, yeah, pretty much.  But the wife got a whole Raid full of loot and was happy.  After a while, whatever does that, you know ?
I certainly understand that.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #225 on: November 05, 2013, 05:17:26 PM

Nah, I'm entirely solo right now and rolled up a shaman rather than playing my warrior. Some days I just don't bother logging in because honestly? You don't have to do dailies or whatnot like that anymore. You can get your valor points easily through LFG and the Timeless isle.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: November 07, 2013, 08:11:31 AM

Heh this. I'm happy you're enjoying the game but I'm also observing that you're trying to convince yourself something as well.  awesome, for real
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #227 on: November 07, 2013, 08:17:56 AM

You'll know it's hopeless if I start really raiding again, but with my current guild, that's extremely unlikely. They just like to collect pets.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: November 07, 2013, 08:50:50 AM

Heh, no.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

They added flexible raids (something I've clamored about for years) and the Island of silly loot nixes two of my major objections with the direction of this xpac. Dailies aren't really a big deal anymore as a result, and I want to vote with my wallet the same way I voted out. Also, I think the delay of Titan was what really put the focus back on WoW, especially from the comments in the investor packages given the falloff of subs.

:)
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #229 on: November 07, 2013, 09:56:12 AM

Oddly I don't flex raid at all, but I like the idea.

YOU WON'T GET ME IN YOUR WEB OF ADDICTION

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: November 21, 2013, 03:05:18 PM

The ugly fey dragon mount is now available with a cool beer dog pokemon in the online store.

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-mount-fey-dragon-bundle
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: November 21, 2013, 06:33:55 PM

I like the dog. I see a lot of these pets on the store and think to myself "that would be kind of cool", then I see that they cost $10 and I don't buy them.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: November 21, 2013, 07:39:46 PM

The fey mount looks cool to me, not that I need it.  Is it sad the only thing I miss from the game are my green proto-drakes?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: November 22, 2013, 07:50:57 AM

If you right click on the dog pet, you get a stein of brew. Your buddies can use it too. Unlimited supply. And unlike the keg toy, you can keep your pet out indefinitely. And it follows you around.

And I haven't even looked at his battle pet abilities yet.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: November 22, 2013, 07:56:45 AM

The terrible secret of Garrosh's Old God juice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjlEn88kABI&feature=youtu.be&t=5m13s

(5 minutes in)

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: May 26, 2014, 10:53:06 AM

Bump for 5.4.8.  You can now drop 3k Timeless Coins for 100 Valor.  So now you have something "useful" to spend the coins on.  Which you'll of course need to upgrade all of your SoO gear that just got allotted two more upgrade levels, including the legendary cloaks.

They also baked in a couple new global buffs.  One doubles your Black Prince rep and increases the chance you'll get legendary quest item drops.  The other buff doubles all Valor income, making those 100 Valor Timeless Coin trinkets even more valuable.  Both buffs aren't active though, and they aren't saying when or how you're gonna get them yet.  I'll take a guess that they might start doing weekend buffs a la Diablo 3 to try and keep people retained until 6.0.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: May 30, 2014, 06:31:03 AM

And lo, my guess was correct. Two week double Valor income start today.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/14313211/heart-of-the-valorous-buff-5-29-2014

Now if they only doubled the cap at the same time...

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: June 11, 2014, 12:47:39 PM

New firey horse mount is live in the cash shop for $30.

You'll accept this as a replacement for actual content updates, right?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #238 on: June 11, 2014, 04:18:01 PM

Hey, at least it's a ground mount. For riding on the ground. Like we're going to make you do for an entire expansion because we think that we totally CAN put genies back in bottles.  awesome, for real

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #239 on: June 11, 2014, 05:26:36 PM

There should be a running clock on the wall at Blizzard that times how long they've been between content.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: June 11, 2014, 09:43:55 PM

You want that clock to have a nervous breakdown?
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: June 11, 2014, 11:15:32 PM

There should be a running clock on the wall at Blizzard that times how long they've been between content.
http://patchtimer.org/ used to do that in BC (and WOTLK/Cata too maybe?), but it seems to be defunct now.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #242 on: June 12, 2014, 07:02:51 AM

Oh I mean it's easy to make one and put it on the internet.

Were I running Activision, I'd want that clock in every cubicle, and every manager's office. This shit has gotten beyond unacceptable.

In the original version they had 12 patches, with a gap of about 4 months between the last one and expansion.

In TBC they had 4 major patches, with the gap of about 7.5 months between the last one and the expansion.

In Wrath they had 3 major patches, with Ruby Sanctum getting released last as 3.3.5 patch. The gap there was about 5.5 months between Ruby Sanctum and Cata, and a year between 3.3 and expansion. That was one of the longest between a major patch, but they had the small content patch as a stopgap.

In Cata they 3 major patches, with a gap of 10.5 months between last major patch and expansion.

And now in Mists the last major patch was on September 10th. As of today, we're at 9 months and counting with no real end in sight. Again, the longest wait ever was between Wrath and Cataclysm, but even then they put a small raid in the middle just to break up the pace. They've done nothing here.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: June 12, 2014, 08:29:37 AM

The weirder thing is that Catacylsm taking so long was due to a really easy to understand issue: they wanted to revamp the entire old world and it was a ton of work. By all accounts WoD just looks like any other expansion.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: June 12, 2014, 08:32:15 AM

As of today, we're at 9 months and counting with no real end in sight. Again, the longest wait ever was between Wrath and Cataclysm, but even then they put a small raid in the middle just to break up the pace. They've done nothing here.

Removing features that players love takes a long time.

So does changing the game to cater to a small portion of your existing playerbase.

That makes sense, right?  swamp poop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 5.4 - Needs more kitchen sink  
Jump to: