Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:33:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 5.4 - Needs more kitchen sink 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5.4 - Needs more kitchen sink  (Read 116585 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: July 22, 2013, 11:01:07 AM

With the amount of time it would take to get the justice points to buy them, you could already get past those ilvls by doing dailies.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: July 22, 2013, 12:03:45 PM

Ok what's the lvl on those items? Do you still have to do LFR of all the previous crap to open the new crap?
Ilvl 489 to 496 for the factionless stuff, 522 for the Shado-Pan v2 stuff.

With the amount of time it would take to get the justice points to buy them, you could already get past those ilvls by doing dailies.
100jp/boss in heroics so 3-4 runs per item on average.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: July 22, 2013, 12:18:27 PM

And getting to 480 then starting the LFR chain is still much faster and a better use of time than grinding heroics.  You will get maybe one/two pieces of rep gear before you start out levelling it.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #108 on: July 22, 2013, 03:41:52 PM

What's the current LFR level requirement going to be for the 5.4 stuff? Have they announced that?

What's the current one now for the top level of LFR?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: July 23, 2013, 03:29:48 AM

What's the current LFR level requirement going to be for the 5.4 stuff? Have they announced that?

What's the current one now for the top level of LFR?
If they hadnt taken the servers offline approximately 10 min ago, i could tell you :/  Just dinged my DK to fresh 90 like 10 minutes before weekly downtime.   I figure that if i do the quests to unlock the Isle of Thunder (all the solo scenarios), buy a few pieces of gear off the vendors there, I should be able to ding into first round LFR within about an hour or two.   Not 100% sure, but I think i recall them saying LFR Seige of Orgrimmar would be an entry level of around 490 to 500 ish ilevel (ie, you should easily qualify if you are in Mostly LFR gear from previous tier + the 522 pieces you can get for cheap from the Shadow Pan assault guys simply for getting friendly.)

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: July 24, 2013, 01:44:59 AM

So, currently, the iLevel entry requirements are:
460 for LFR Vaults
470 for LFR HoF / Terrace
480 for LFR ToT / Heroic Scenarios

which leads me to believe that LFR Seige will be 490

I can immediately enter Heroic Dungeons with my 438 ilevel i had from random questing out about 1/3 of Dreadwastes + 1/3 of Townlong Steppes before i dinged 90.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: July 24, 2013, 10:41:07 PM

Boo, appearantly my estimate on how quickly i could get into LFR was a bit on the lenient side (by a lot, lol).  Fully quested out the unlocking of the Isle of Thunderm and unlocked the Battlefield Barrens stuff, which got me a nice new pair of ilevel 502 boots and a 476 shoulders from a Scenario reward bag, but that still leaves me with about a 20 Ilevel gap to make up.  And since I forgot that ALL the Shadowpan Assault stuff requires valor, I wont be able to grab the ilevel 522 neck for about a week.

Almost Justice Point capped (have not done any normal Heroics Yet), and cant decide if i want to just sit on the character till next patch rolls out or not.  Current JP gear is still iL458, and while i could dump JP into Honor and buy honor gear, the conversion rate still prob wouldnt let me get enough iLevel to immediately jump into first wing LFR.  Also, when next patch hits, a lot of the initial Valor gear is going to get bumped down to the Justice point vendor, which means I could prob deck the toon out in a good number of 486 pieces with my JP and then go directly into LFRs.

Since I mainly leveled the character to 90 to for Blacksmithing profession, and I have like 3 other characters I would much rather spend my time messing aroudn on, I think i will just sit on it for now.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:50:43 PM by SurfD »

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: July 25, 2013, 08:22:13 AM

Scenario's are the quickest way to bump your ilvl up since some of the rewards can be very nice. Also make sure you are buying a full set of level 90 pvp gear to start your base ilvl off higher.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: July 25, 2013, 08:23:20 AM

I played again last month to catch up and see what changed, got a warrior to 90 and was doing LFR the next reset after hitting 90 so in 2 cycles it's doable.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: July 26, 2013, 01:42:46 AM

Yeah.  I realise that if i actually played the character i could be LFR ready pretty much a day after the week reset, what with buying some PVP gear, doing a few heroics for the heroic stuff, but in all honesty, I dont really intend to play it much at the moment, with other characters to focus on.  I also have enough rep-tokens in the bank from other characters that I could easily power my rep with Sunreavers on the island up to probably honored or even revered for even more gear.  But as I said, I will prob just wait for the next patch to drop and bust out Justice points on Ilevel 286 stuff.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: August 15, 2013, 10:04:22 AM

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: August 15, 2013, 10:37:38 AM

Garrosh is a dick but at least he's an uncorrupted dick. Which is what matters.

Apparently.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: August 16, 2013, 03:19:57 PM

That clip looked interesting. It almost got me to re-sub to check it out. *If* it was all doable as non-raid content with no need to update gear, I'd be on it like a flash (I've hated Garrosh since I heard him whining in outlands). If they did it as world bosses aka GW2 I'd be there in a flash - then reality hit :(

I still might re-sub log to see the world changes.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: August 16, 2013, 05:19:27 PM

Yes, I am sure they will fundamentally change a decade old game because of this new patch.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: September 02, 2013, 12:48:33 PM

Pics from the first half of Siege of Orgrimmar: http://imgur.com/a/UJPVY

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: September 11, 2013, 08:06:25 AM

So I've got a Panda Rogue that hit 89 on patch day.  Hoping to get him leveled up this week and see how OP it is to gear up on the new Timeless Isle.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: September 11, 2013, 08:10:10 AM

I was on for about 30 minutes on Timeless Isle and got one piece of 496 gear, plus 3 other caches for other classes. If you have other 90s this works out well since they are BoA, but that also means you could spend some time there and not get anything for your class. I think the gear drops are going to be frequent enough that there is no reason to go anywhere else to gear up.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: September 11, 2013, 08:58:27 AM

Gear drops like candy on the new island. Every rare spawn drops one piece. Chests usually give 1-2. Both are shared so multiple players can loot either. I played on the island for about an hour last night and walked away with 12 pieces of BoA gear to send to alts (only one of which is at 90 and can use any, yay).

The island is pretty fun. Lot's of stuff to do/discover, wouldn't mind seeing more content like this in the future.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: September 11, 2013, 09:40:58 AM

I haven't read up, but last night I did notice the minimap pointing things out to me. One was a chest, that I could only get to by a (simple) jumping puzzle. The other was a rare mob that ended up being a group kill.

I wonder if this is Blizzard doing some (rudimentary) copying of GW2 style group quests and jumping puzzles?

Anyway, I snagged about 5 pieces of armor, all of which was mail armor since I was doing this on my hunter. So, I could usefully share those pieces with my shaman alt. I'm wondering what will happen when I send my cloth-wearing alt(s) to the TI.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: September 11, 2013, 11:00:38 AM

The Proving Grounds (healer version) has to be the most accurate depiction of a PUG ever. Well, except for the names and the fact that the 'party members' communicate in full sentences. awesome, for real

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: September 12, 2013, 02:46:50 AM

Garrosh went down overnight for both a Horde guild and an Alliance guild.  This is important because they apparently made two separate ending cinematics, and your view depends on your side.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:48:22 AM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: September 12, 2013, 03:05:33 AM

I haven't read up, but last night I did notice the minimap pointing things out to me. One was a chest, that I could only get to by a (simple) jumping puzzle. The other was a rare mob that ended up being a group kill.

I wonder if this is Blizzard doing some (rudimentary) copying of GW2 style group quests and jumping puzzles?

Anyway, I snagged about 5 pieces of armor, all of which was mail armor since I was doing this on my hunter. So, I could usefully share those pieces with my shaman alt. I'm wondering what will happen when I send my cloth-wearing alt(s) to the TI.
From what I can tell, the armor tokens are random.   I took my shaman there long enough to get her her legendary cloak, and then took my warlock in for a grand tour of the place.  Between the two of them, i spent about 4 hours on the island, and came away with something like 20-25 random armor tokens for all Armor types / slots.  

The tokens drop like candy, especially if you run around trying to kill all the rares whenever they spawn, and try to hit up the large chests.   I think i have a nearly complete set of mail tokens for my hunter, and he cant even use them (still 87).

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #127 on: September 12, 2013, 05:10:59 AM

Garrosh went down overnight for both a Horde guild and an Alliance guild.  This is important because they apparently made two separate ending cinematics, and your view depends on your side.

Lol, and according to Blizz this is supposed to be the expansion ending on an up note for the Alliance.

Ogrimmar won't really change, the lame-ass warchief everyone hated is out and one of the lore characters everyone really liked is in, and after an expansion of renewed horde/alliance hostilities lead off with the bombing of Theramore (and whether the Horde wants to admit it or not capped off with a Horde member completely befouling and destroying a whole section of Pandaria that was considered sacred) the Alliance helps depose the warchief no one liked, then politely hands their capital back with no concessions because he's ~learned things~.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: September 12, 2013, 05:34:40 AM

Jaina realls IS crazy cause honestly wouldn't Varian's chances of walking out of that room alive should he start shit be about 50/50?  Thrall is the avatar or some shit now.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #129 on: September 12, 2013, 06:36:41 AM

Jaina realls IS crazy cause honestly wouldn't Varian's chances of walking out of that room alive should he start shit be about 50/50?  Thrall is the avatar or some shit now.
Well, I think Jaina is like the most powerful living human mage at this point? Not sure; I know Rhonin got mary-sued out the ass in some book or another I didn't read because I don't read the books.

Also I can't recall since it's more book/comic horseshit but I think Varian is likely tougher than Baine/Vol'jin and probably Thrall at this point too. He has some stupid warrior spirit/god thing in him I think where he can basically go super-sayajin.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: September 12, 2013, 07:48:56 AM

Yeah all wow lore is pretty  Facepalm  at this point but I just meant the whole idea that "omg horde is weak!" doesn't apply when you are locked in a tiny room with their best fighters.  It's just bad writing because while "the horde" as a whole would be weakened militarily that means jack and shit when it's a stand up fight then and now. 

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #131 on: September 12, 2013, 08:44:46 AM

Thrall is at power-level "DRAGON" but what that means after losing all immortality and such in Cata we have no idea.

Vol'Jin and Baine are shadows of their predecessors, probably closer to Pre-Lich Bolvar in ifighting prowess than Varian, Jaina or Thrall.

Jaina is being corrupted by old gods so we can kill her next X-pac to 'even out' the balance since we killed a Horde leader this one. Mark my words.

At this point I don't even know why I'm reading or responding to any of this.  I haven't played since "instance patch 2" with the forces landing.. 5.2 I guess?  They lost me as a customer.

Loot dropping like candy? OMG Bliz learned their lesson.. oh wait, no. It's the end of an X-pac, loot doesn't matter and we'll see the announcement of the next expansion in November where loot resets again and the same BS of "You have to earn it.  Working for this MATTERS." will return.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #132 on: September 12, 2013, 08:47:58 AM

Yep at this point it's become just another formula for Blizzard to unleash the loot after a year in expansion. Which is still stupid.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #133 on: September 12, 2013, 10:26:35 AM

Nah, Thrall will talk the crazy lady down in a "shocking" reversal of roles where Jaina was half in love with Thrall and spent most of her time trying to straighten him out and mediate between the horde/alliance.

Oh, and Sylvanas will continue to kinda do whatever she wants.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:36:22 AM by Fabricated »

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: September 12, 2013, 10:50:02 AM

That's because Sylvanas is the best leader, natch.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: September 12, 2013, 01:01:09 PM

So I've got a Panda Rogue that hit 89 on patch day.  Hoping to get him leveled up this week and see how OP it is to gear up on the new Timeless Isle.

My panda monk is 90 and was wearing all greens and a few normal dungeon blues.  I was able to take him from ilvl 420 to 440 in 30 mins.  I decided to stop once my inventory was full of boa stuff I couldn't use.  It was the same thing for my hunter.  There's no real reason to do heroic dungeons now unless you are looking for one of the epic weapons or for valor points.  An hour or so on the island should give a fresh 90 enough gear to at least start doing lfr.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #136 on: September 13, 2013, 03:40:18 AM

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: September 13, 2013, 04:40:53 AM

Lies, Journalism, and Statistics.

Alternate headline: WoW makes 54% more when selling expansion boxes than they do in an otherwise "ordinary" month.

Sept 2012 is when Pandaria launched, so WoW revenues that month (and in the months from there to December) included box sales.

Here is the source article. Scroll down to the graph. The orange line is WoW revenues. You can see that revenues flattened out from January to April 2013.

It's too bad they didn't include WoW's revenue from August 2012. I wonder why?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #138 on: September 13, 2013, 05:29:54 AM

Blizzard is prepping folks for additional microtrans, which is fine.  They're leaving a ton of money on the table, but it's still a question of how many will jump ship if it's implemented vs. how many will stick around/ rejoin and expand spending. 

A lot of their most vocal userbase is vehemently against anything of the sort, and Blizz has that history of "We will never do this beyond cosmetics" statements.  It'll be seen as a really big betrayal and cause a lot of fevrent internet warrioring when it happens, even if the sub base dropped to a single million.

With so much at stake right now, it's understandable why they're taking a long, long strategy for prep.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: September 13, 2013, 07:45:48 AM

Do you really think that many people will drop their sub because they feel betrayed that Blizzard implemented XP boost potions? Does Blizzard think that? Maybe that is true but I think the vocal userbase is either just vocal and won't cancel, or too small of a minority to make much of a dent.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 5.4 - Needs more kitchen sink  
Jump to: