Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:57:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Play0ffs - Final! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Play0ffs - Final!  (Read 10007 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: June 05, 2013, 08:31:32 AM

32 coaches entered and only one will leave the Thunderdome of the finals. RK47 came in with a new team and has fought his way to the very last game of the season. His opponent Ramas by contrast has a team that are veterans of several seasons but despite that the two teams have almost identical TVs. In any case it all comes down to 16 turns of Nuffle's fickle affections.

Knights of Codexia vs Ermine Vermin

Let's get this done. Please play at your earliest convenience. I'm not going to set a timelimit on this game but try and figure it out as soon as you can so that we can close this puppy up and go home. I'm going to be out indefinitely from Thursday night as I'm moving to Madrid and I need to find an apartment and get internet service there before I will have BloodBowl access again. It's possible that I'll be able to log in from my office but it's not guaranteed. Ingmar is able to validate games and close out the league if required however.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:32:20 AM

Wow, the rookie gets to the final? This is what happens when you keep the AndyDavo out.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:54:28 AM

*cough* smurf *cough*

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 10:09:58 AM

I definitely won't be able to play till next week. Posting from the veranda of my hotel in a village in northern Italy.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 10:12:12 AM

Also I doubt someone who wiped out Llyse, Ruvaldt, and Megrim, getting to the final with literally the hardest possible draw, is a blood bowl rookie.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 06:00:59 PM

Yeah, all of those coaches have made it to a Final, at the very least.  Hell, two of the teams as well.  It was quite a feat, and well played.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 08:10:27 PM

Playing with 12 players helped  awesome, for real
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 11:51:24 AM

"Oh humans are just so horrible.  Why did I ever take them?  They suck at everything.  Waa waa waa!"

why so serious?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 02:31:30 AM

Fuck one turn touchdown rats.
I went to sleep last night and had bouts of flu-induced migraine. I kept seeing those TDs over and over as I continue to toss and turn around in bed, humping Mrs. Bolster, praying for a GFI failure.

No we did not play the game yet, I've only seen the semi final replay.
Fuck fuck fuck. FUUUUCKKK.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 01:54:12 PM

Can probably do Friday anytime till midnight uk. Weekend will be trickier.

How many hours behind do you run?

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 04:14:34 PM

im gmt +8
Let's dance on friday night.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 07:41:36 AM

for info, this is now underway

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 08:11:27 AM

4 turns played, 2-0 to the rats, but 3 players out.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 09:03:51 AM

1 TD in it on turn 16, RIOT - clock rolls back!

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 09:09:16 AM

Extra Time!

EDIT: Oh, not yet, I got overexcited.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 09:18:21 AM

Ok, done, and uploaded.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 09:18:56 AM

im done. that one turn td is just too hard to beat.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 09:21:10 AM

Result graphic screen thing:

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 09:23:00 AM

Possession stats work out at one touchdown for every 1.25% of the game that my rats were holding the ball.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 09:41:40 AM

Gratz, Eld!  awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 11:03:15 AM

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 11:55:57 AM

I called it!

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 12:17:52 PM

Congratulations, Eldaec.  Well played.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 02:14:47 PM

Congratulations Eldaec and well done to RK47 for an excellent run to the finals.

Thanks to all who participated for making it a fun and exciting league.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 02:33:45 PM

Overall league stats:

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 03:05:04 PM

Ah, good to see Nimrond making it to the top ranks.  He's my new QB.

Alas, before playing Ingmar in the first round of playoffs, I finally retired Nealtor, champion Star QB of the last few seasons.  After having BOTH of his ankles broken (reducing his speed to something like a Dwarfs!), and not being skilled up optimally anyways due to some crisis's when my team was young, he's finally turned in his Jersey.  ALIVE, despite the best efforts of every one of you fuckers over the last 5 seasons.

He will be taking over on the sidelines as an assistant coach, helping to mold young Nimrond into being an even greater QB (and he's well on his way skill wise).  Also easier access to the blood wiser babes and wood elf cheerleaders.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 12:40:14 AM

Congratulations Eldaec, well won. Let me know which game you want on Steam as first prize.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 15, 2013, 01:25:11 AM

Congrats eldaec!

Now someone kill Cheddar please.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 02:00:16 AM

Rk47 tried really hard. Inducements on bribes and a more dedicated strategy of kicking the shit out my guys than anyone else.

I scored on turns 1 and 3, but after that on his drives I spent most of the time just running away from his guys.

BTW, cheddar finally made it to level 7 on turn 15.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 04:47:30 AM

You don't get it, son. This isn't Blood Bowl. This is my operating table, and I've beaten Surgeon Simulator 2013.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 07:34:43 AM

Grats eldaec. And grats, rk47. Really, getting there with a new team deserves some serious props, too.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 03:42:51 PM

BTW, cheddar finally made it to level 7 on turn 15.
What did you take?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 22, 2013, 06:10:57 AM

It's a normal roll but haven't picked yet.

He currently has Dodge, Wrestle, Sprint, Surefeet, Leap, +1MV. (stats are 10/2/4/7)

I can see arguments for...

Dauntless
Catch
Fend
Sidestep
Sure hands
Strip Ball

Catch is best purely for the one turn process. Fend for survivability with sidestep not far behind. Strip Ball and Dauntless are great for opponent drives, but you really want both.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:34:48 AM by eldaec »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 23, 2013, 05:17:26 PM

Yeah, I'd find it very hard to look past fend or sidestep.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Play0ffs - Final!  
Jump to: