Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:36:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  (Read 382159 times)
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1155 on: February 06, 2021, 10:42:28 AM

Expansion pack Endwalkers announced for the Fall. Wrapping up a lot of the long-term storyline stuff. Subsequent patches after the expansion will start a "new adventure" as they put it.

Two new jobs. One of them announced to be Sage (a healing class). Level Cap going up to 90 so that's what, 290 levels Rhyssa is going to need to grind through across all the jobs? New jobs sound like they start at 70 at least.

There were plenty of other tidbits they announced but there's also another event in May where it sounds like they'll be dumping a lot more info. Given that I tend to only play this around when expansions come out, I'll be happy to dive back in.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1156 on: February 06, 2021, 12:01:24 PM

By my count it's only 210 levels for all my jobs plus the two news ones.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  I'm down to leveling my final two jobs to 80 (PLD is 77 and WAR is 70) so I'll be set when the xpac comes out in about 6 months.  I might even be done with all my damn relics by then (seriously, DR fucking sucks so far).  why so serious?

I stayed up to watch both the announcement and the first part of the live letter.  It was interesting to get a heads up on everything that's coming. I'm going to treasure all the 100K+ attacks I've been doing on DNC though, at least until the squish comes.  I understand why they are doing it but those massive crits sure do feel good!

The teaser trailer, if anyone's interested - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-bkJ2ZoW6k

Also - I hear Foo Fighters in the music, others have said Nirvana, Soundgarden, general grunge sound. 

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1157 on: February 06, 2021, 02:55:13 PM

Yeah, all the stat compression made sense the way they explained it. And I'm not too much into healing classes but the design of the Sage job looked pretty cool. Was also interesting how they're breaking down healers into "pure" healing and "barrier" healing. Don't know that the game needs yet another melee dps but I guess we'll see in May what they come up with.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1158 on: February 06, 2021, 06:15:08 PM

Speculation for the next melee job (which I agree, we have 4 already, and only 3 ranged melee/magical DPS each) is the job will involve a scythe user or necromancer of some type.  Supposedly Zenos had a scythe-like weapon next to him, plus the shirts Youshi-P was wearing. 

I'll level the new jobs for sure, along with all the others when the time comes.  I just need to pick a leveling order by then.  There are a few jobs I don't even bother with now, so they'll be the last to level whenever I do get around to it.  I personally don't care for BLM and MNK, just for starters, and WHM does nothing for me as a healer.  I've actually gone back to playing SCH for that, which is supposedly just "ruined" with the addition of another barrier healer.  Stat squish also means no more almost 200K HP pools for my tanks, either, lol.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1159 on: February 06, 2021, 06:25:03 PM

Speculation for the next melee job (which I agree, we have 4 already, and only 3 ranged melee/magical DPS each) is the job will involve a scythe user or necromancer of some type.  Supposedly Zenos had a scythe-like weapon next to him, plus the shirts Youshi-P was wearing. 

I'll level the new jobs for sure, along with all the others when the time comes.  I just need to pick a leveling order by then.  There are a few jobs I don't even bother with now, so they'll be the last to level whenever I do get around to it.  I personally don't care for BLM and MNK, just for starters, and WHM does nothing for me as a healer.  I've actually gone back to playing SCH for that, which is supposedly just "ruined" with the addition of another barrier healer.  Stat squish also means no more almost 200K HP pools for my tanks, either, lol.

Scythe will forever be a Dark Knight weapon just because a few of those models looked wicked as fuck in FFXI. I DRK in full AF armor with weapon was the only motivation to play it.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1160 on: February 06, 2021, 06:37:39 PM

I've tried all the jobs to various extents (except blu which I unlocked but never really messed around with), although Dragoon has been the only one I got to lv. 80. Bard had been my next favorite job after Dragoon for a while but I seem to recall it not being in a great place going into Shadowbringers so I dropped off of it pretty quick.

Actually I've played FFXI much more recently than FFXIV so the jobs there are much clearer in my memory at the moment. It's a bit of a struggle not to conflate the classes from both games for me thinking about it.

Might have to come back a month or two before the expansion drops just to remember how to play.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1161 on: February 06, 2021, 06:38:13 PM

Scythe will forever be a Dark Knight weapon just because a few of those models looked wicked as fuck in FFXI. I DRK in full AF armor with weapon was the only motivation to play it.

Are you grunk's alt account?
Terracotta Army

Reply #1162 on: February 06, 2021, 08:27:05 PM

Are you grunk's alt account?

No sir. Just a former FFXI player - was my first MMO and one I have fond memories of... even the hateful memories

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1163 on: February 07, 2021, 03:05:59 PM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Terracotta Army

Reply #1164 on: February 07, 2021, 06:09:03 PM

LULZ...  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #1165 on: February 18, 2021, 02:58:33 PM

The Countess and I have been looking for something to play together, and we ended up back here.  I'm so stressed out from work that I'm not up for a whole lot of PUG-ing, but I'm having a blast leveling all the crafters and harvesters (except Fishing) up together with my arcanist.  I've gotten 11 jobs (8 craft + 2 gather + 1 combat) up to the low 30's in less than two weeks of just puttering around doing the MSQ and job quests, watching all the cut scenes, reading all the texts, learning how to craft mostly by making my own high quality crafting gear, and only doing each of the MSQ quests when I had to to proceed. This is just shy of where I quit years ago (2013?) after 6 months of fairly serious grinding. LOL

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1166 on: February 20, 2021, 04:12:28 PM

There is something to be said about just taking your time doing the quests and not rushing things.

Which server are you and the Countess on?

Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #1167 on: March 03, 2021, 04:07:15 PM

Sorry for late response, but we're on Siren. I'm not sure which cluster that's on.  We've found a nice FC. Pretty laid back, adult bunch. Helpful. Generous. Minimal trash talk and mostly kid-safe so the grandson can play with us.  I foolishly volunteered to help with gardening and now I'm the guild gardener! LOL  I'm trying to figure out how to bootstrap up to fancy chocobo onions from scratch as the previous gardener seems to have gone awol leaving us with exactly one stack of intermediate seeds in the vault.  I'm still puttering along with my jobs. 38 Arcanist. Still haven't tried either of the new soulstones I've picked up (Scholar and Summoner). Maxed my gathering skills at 50 until I progress my main quest (currently at level 28).  Have all other crafting skills in 42-47 range except Fishing which proudly remains 0.  But they really use fish for a LOT of recipies, and they are rarely for sale on the marketplace at any price.  I'd give it a try, except bait/inventory issues.  Not worth the hassle, so far at least.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1168 on: March 05, 2021, 10:31:11 AM

Siren is part of the Aether datacenter, which is the one I'm one as well.  I'm over on Faerie though.

If you need anything, feel free to contact me (or we can DM to exchange names and you can friend across servers).  I've got all my crafting and gathering jobs at 80 so I can fish stuff up for you.  It was the most horrendous and tedious of all jobs to level, IMO, but CUL uses a lot of fish, so there you go.  Bait was a pain in the ass to manage when I was leveling, but I've found that unless the shop selling price is "None" or has (restricted) behind the amount, the bait is for sale somewhere.  So I'd just buy enough to get whatever I was fishing for, then selling the leftovers after a little while.  I've only kept the bait that I can't actually buy from a vendor.

Finding a good FC is key and being able to play with the grandson is double plus good.  I haven't tried gardening yet although my FC house has a few plots in storage.  I've been thinking about it and yeah, wanting to grow Thavnarian onions for sale, because they are valuable.  I'm currently working on redecorating the inside of the FC house because I have the power and no one else is doing it, so it's all mine to play with, lol! 

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1169 on: April 27, 2021, 02:46:01 PM

TIL that you can now link a software authenticator to your account (Google Auth, BitWarden, Authy) instead of using their proprietary one-time password app.

Which is great for me, since the app always broke on my phone. Apparently, they rigged the app's security to your cell phone carrier (if the app was installed on a phone). So whenever my Google Fi would swap between Tmo and Sprint, or vice-versa, the app would reset and I couldn't access my account at all. Ended up having to keep the app running on my old LG tablet from 2013 just to keep my stuff secure.

BUT NO MORE  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1170 on: April 27, 2021, 03:08:06 PM

Something broke their app for me, too, although I didn't switch carriers in the interim. Had to remove it and switch to Google's to fix my account. Also, they store email addresses case sensitive so recovering my account was double fun. swamp poop

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #1171 on: May 03, 2021, 08:56:08 PM

I've noticed that case-sensitive issue with a couple places where the language is not roman alphabet. I wonder if it's something to do with character translations to/from non-ascii/unicode systems. or maybe it's just unix.  At least it's better than who was that, Funcom? Turbine? a decade or more ago that did NOT store their passwords case-sensitive!

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1172 on: May 11, 2021, 01:11:54 PM

Speaking of FFXIV, we're coming up on the May Fanfest stuff in just a few days where I believe they're supposed to talk more about the expansion.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1173 on: May 15, 2021, 06:10:42 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/ncnmpl/final_fantasy_xiv_endwalker_full_trailer/gy635wz/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

That guy did all the work with listing and hyperlinking everything that dropped last night. The hype-rocket to the moon is real. The trailer's been on loop for me all morning; the remixed bits of all the previous expansion themes is great.

Speaking of XIV's musical director, here he is last night performing La-hee. https://youtu.be/aBt4zT_PBmw  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1174 on: May 15, 2021, 02:36:04 PM

I heard about that Lahee performance but the actual thing was just.. wow!  awesome, for real

That trailer has me so hyped for the xpac but having to wait until November 23 sucks.  At least we'll have Thanksgiving weekend in the US to just zoom through the content, lol.

Somewhat related note - I'm all leveled up and ready for the xpac.  I have a pic from 8 months ago with my jobs and everything except Paladin and Warrior were level 80; I hadn't even started either of those jobs. My main jumps between GNB/MCH/SCH right now.

Working on getting my beast tribe reputations up.  It's an annoyingly long slog since you only get 12 quests a day, 3 per tribe, so raising reputation can take forever it feels like.  At least I have something to do in the months between patch 5.5 and November.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1175 on: July 19, 2021, 08:36:38 AM

Free Login campaign is back until 23-August!

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/freelogincampaign/

If you haven't played in a while and feel like dropping back in, now would be a good time to try it out.

In other news, I'm just plugging on working on my relic weapons.  I actually have one completed (GNB) and another I could complete (DNC), but I'm just keeping all the various gathering quests open and stocking up on those damn memories until I have enough to do several jobs at once and then I'll do a big turn-in. 

Right now, logging in is a bit crazy because of all the streamers and WoW people coming over to check things out.  The servers are full and even the digital pre-order copies of Endwalker are sold out or were as of last week.  I haven't checked recently. 

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1176 on: September 21, 2021, 10:26:08 AM

Any interesting takeaways from the live stream they did a few days ago? It's been a long while since I've played so I don't have a lot of context for any of the job changes they're making.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1177 on: September 21, 2021, 10:29:36 AM

Scholar's got absolutely shitted on. Everyone else is getting some nice overhauls or trimming to SB overhauls, but man...they fucking hate Scholars at the moment.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1178 on: September 21, 2021, 10:34:34 AM

I'm generally hoping that maybe they're streamlining stuff a bit. I largely only play when a new expansion has come out so the biggest pain is remembering how to play each job.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1179 on: September 21, 2021, 10:44:06 AM

Literally me playing these days.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1180 on: September 21, 2021, 04:14:54 PM

In other FFXIV news, the actor that did the English dub work for Count Edmont de Fortemps has died at the age of 54.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2021/09/21/stephen-critchlow-dies/

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1181 on: September 21, 2021, 09:12:56 PM

Been playing this for a bit over a month. Just finished the Stormblood+patches storyline quest this evening. Going to be happy to no longer hear the ripped off Australian national anthem theme music for the expansion playing behind every cutscene as I play through the 'current' content.

Enjoying the game for what it is. Definitely a different thought process around how to build a game and how to keep old content still relevant for new players. Most of the games I have played everything pre-level cap was a ghost town you had to blaze through as fast as possible to be able to do things but I haven't felt that way at all with this.

As far as the expansion goes, there is a link in the launcher to something about removal of belts. Apparently in the expansion patch the belt slot is being removed. Not sure exactly why but I have obviously never played the game in any state but the current so no idea how squeenix does patching/balance. Hopefully they aren't as ham-fisted with it as other game houses have been.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1182 on: September 22, 2021, 10:07:14 AM

They reached the limitations of the Unreal engine they built their game on, and yeeting belts will apparently free up database space for characters to do other things. The loss of belts is fine; they didn't show up on your character anyways.

We're also getting a stat squish with Endwalker due to, again, engine limitations (they were hitting an apparent ceiling for number calculations which were crashing the client)

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1183 on: September 30, 2021, 10:07:25 PM

Anyone on Crystal Datacenter?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1184 on: October 03, 2021, 03:01:45 PM

Anyone on Crystal Datacenter?

Sorry, Aether dc here.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1185 on: November 08, 2021, 07:32:20 AM

So Endwalker release is delayed by two weeks, from 23-Nov to 7-Dec because Yoshi-P wanted more QA or something for the player stuff.  Not entirely sure since I didn't watch the live letter and haven't dug into the reasons.  Those don't really matter as much as the fact of the delay and that the devs are like "we weren't entirely happy but we want to make this as perfect as possible before release" which is amazing, IMO.  There's some people upset because they'd taken time off for the early access/release which, I get it.  I did the same and not just because I have vacation time to burn.  I'll just try to take 3-Dec off as well (for early access) and then have that weekend and not worry about it beyond that.  It's kind of shitty that people are getting made fun of for taking PTO for the release, like taking time off to enjoy a hobby is not a big deal, so why is this instance mockable?

Anyways, another two weeks means more Moogle tome farming, even though I pretty much have everything I wanted from this round.  And I get a bit more time to finish some more ShB relics before release as well.  I think I'm up to 13/17 now.  I'm on the last step for PLD, second to last step for DRK, third to last step for both SMN and BRD ... all of which is a lot.  I'd like to get the PLD done and that's entirely possible.  I just need to do a bunch of DR speedruns which are actually kind of fun.  I don't think I can go back to doing DR the normal way now.

On the side, I'm poking along trying to finish my first (and after this - only) ARR relic for SMN.  I actually started the process for DRG at one point but going through this for SMN has been non-optimal.  It's very obvious that the devs made changes to the long slog of relic creation but this is just tedious and boring and annoying as hell at 80 in close to BiS gear.  I have no idea how anyone ever managed doing this at level when the relic was new.

I'm also in the process of redecorating my FC house (because I'm the only one that cares to bother and it's my playground if you give me access to do it) to something vaguely lunar themed.  That was the more or less consensus after my suggestion of a brothel theme was shot down.   why so serious? I think I'll turn my personal house into a brothel instead, lol! I'm going mostly with blue/white/black colors overall, which I rather like.  Maybe I'll take some pics when I'm done and share them.  I had to go farm Haukke Manor to get some fine wax, which is only available one at a time from a chest early on, but doing it undersized means I can go in as DNC, one-shot all the mobs until I get to the chest in question, then leave the dungeon and start over again.  Takes no time at all, really.  And since the wax was going for 10,000/ea on the market board, I should farm some more and make a profit.  Otherwise, the redecorating is almost done for the top and bottom floors of our house; it's the main floor I'm having issues with.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1186 on: November 26, 2021, 02:07:54 PM

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1187 on: November 27, 2021, 05:09:47 PM

Needs a mayhap.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1188 on: December 01, 2021, 01:59:55 PM

Servers go down tomorrow at 1 am PST for the Endwalker patching, early access starts on Friday.  I think I'll have time to update Friday morning before heading off to the husband's second immunotherapy session.  Then I've told him I'm gaming for the rest of the day/weekend.  awesome, for real

My FC is getting together in game tonight to take photos and celebrate the end of ShB and the coming of EW.  Then I'm taking all my belts the putting them into my inventory so the slot can poof forever!

Preliminary Patch Notes are out.  Actually looking forward to some of the changes, although I need to get my act together if I don't want to lose mentor status. 

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1189 on: December 02, 2021, 12:46:58 AM

Looking forward to this, but I'm working all weekend, so ya'll have fun melting down the servers. I'll pickup on Monday  why so serious?

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  
Jump to: