Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:38:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  (Read 382138 times)
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1015 on: July 02, 2019, 02:01:58 PM

I've only been able to update my hotbars on RDM, but a nice QOL change is that it appears verflare/verholy now replace the basic casts when they're available instead of having to be separate buttons.  AoE is now more than just spamming one spell, also. 
That will be nice.  I almost never used verflare/verholy because it was such a (minor) hassle to hit the different keys for them so I most just used the basic casts instead.  What is different with the AOEs though?  I mostly used scatter because impact always felt useless compared to it's casting time, IMO.

The only thing I changed on my SAM hotbars was removing Ageha.

I'll have to check if I even have that one, lol!  I can barely remember the spell/skill names most of the time, to the point I didn't even realize SAMs have an AOE attack.  I never used it because I always went for the full 3 sen attack (whateverthehellitscalled) and didn't use the 1 or 2 sen versions ever.

A friend posted a SMN rotation on Twitter in reply to a request about it and I think I'm going to see how it works out for me.  I *think* I may already be doing some of this in order but who knows.  I'm glad I don't raid regularly, I'd probably be booted out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
prepull ruin 3 -> ruin 2 + tri-disaster (+ Dreadwyrm Trance) -> Energy Drain + Ruin 3 + weaves until DWT is over -> Ruin 3 plus weaves until done with next DWT  -> Bahamut -> spam Ruin 2/4 throughout entire Bahamut phase -> repeat

When you hit 72 you hold Ruin 4s until Baha

Now you want to ideally TD BEFORE DWT so that you get the refreshed proc to use 30 seconds later since there's no damage bonus associated with DWT anymore, it's mostly a phase for building Ruin 4 procs and weaving now

also keep in mind that bane is no longer an aetherflow spender so make sure in packs to keep your dots spread, they're more powerful now

take advantage of your lucid being on a shorter cooldown and use it liberally, ruin 2 is more punishment from a raw dps perspective now (losing 40 pot instead of 20 pot to ruin 3) but it's still better to use it than delay the gcd

also be careful about double weaving egi assaults, you have to be right off the gcd cooldown for it to not clip your next gcd, and at least in my very amateur play of the job rn you're going to actually want some spell speed (though not much) so clipping is much more noticeable
---------------------------------

Frankly, I think it sounds complicated but as I said, I think I already do most of that now, just want to confirm when I can actually look at spell names.

Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1016 on: July 02, 2019, 03:20:38 PM

I've only been able to update my hotbars on RDM, but a nice QOL change is that it appears verflare/verholy now replace the basic casts when they're available instead of having to be separate buttons.  AoE is now more than just spamming one spell, also.  
That will be nice.  I almost never used verflare/verholy because it was such a (minor) hassle to hit the different keys for them so I most just used the basic casts instead.  What is different with the AOEs though?  I mostly used scatter because impact always felt useless compared to it's casting time, IMO.

Scatter is gone, and impact has a longer cast time.  They added a veraero and verthunder to weave between dualcasts of impact, to basically match it up with the style/flow of single target casting.  I'll be giving it a shot soon, as I had been mostly playing BLM before I took my break, and it's feeling flat now that I'm back.  

Edit:  They added an AOE version of aero/thunder, to clear it up a little. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 03:24:58 PM by Mazakiel »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1017 on: July 02, 2019, 04:29:08 PM

The only thing I changed on my SAM hotbars was removing Ageha.

I'll have to check if I even have that one, lol!  I can barely remember the spell/skill names most of the time, to the point I didn't even realize SAMs have an AOE attack.  I never used it because I always went for the full 3 sen attack (whateverthehellitscalled) and didn't use the 1 or 2 sen versions ever.
They have one AOE starter, then two different skills that chain from it; pre ShB they all had high TP costs, so you could only do them a few times and you would run out of TP when tanks pulled 3+ packs of trash. Now nothing has a TP cost so you can do them infinitely, and the two chain skills now extend (but don't start) your Jinpu and Shifu self buffs (one does each) in addition to each providing the same Sen as the Jinpu and Shifu line (that's not new to ShB). The 2nd Sen attack is also an AOE cone, so it works well with AOEing. SAM also have a Kenki-costing instant AOE (not sure if that's new or if I wasn't high enough level before).

On boss fights, I like to keep the 1 Sen ability up since it's a DoT, but that's just WoW experience talking; I haven't looked into rotations or parsers or anything.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1018 on: July 04, 2019, 06:04:59 PM

I've only been able to update my hotbars on RDM, but a nice QOL change is that it appears verflare/verholy now replace the basic casts when they're available instead of having to be separate buttons.  AoE is now more than just spamming one spell, also.  
That will be nice.  I almost never used verflare/verholy because it was such a (minor) hassle to hit the different keys for them so I most just used the basic casts instead.  What is different with the AOEs though?  I mostly used scatter because impact always felt useless compared to it's casting time, IMO.

Scatter is gone, and impact has a longer cast time.  They added a veraero and verthunder to weave between dualcasts of impact, to basically match it up with the style/flow of single target casting.  I'll be giving it a shot soon, as I had been mostly playing BLM before I took my break, and it's feeling flat now that I'm back.  

Edit:  They added an AOE version of aero/thunder, to clear it up a little.

Scatter isn't gone, it just gets replaced by Impact at whatever level. If you sync down low enough, you get your old Scatter back.

Veraero II and Verthunder II, the new AoEs, are also available at shockingly low levels, so you can keep up with that Black Mage AoEing trash in low-end dungeons without wanting to rip your hair out.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1019 on: July 05, 2019, 12:10:00 PM

So I've returned to FFXIV after a 5 year absence. My old 50 bard still exists but it's been so long I don't know how to play anymore. I started a brand new character so that I'd have a chance to level up and learn my way around. My question is what DLC do I need? Does any of it affect pre 50th level characters? I'm on Coeurl if that means anything.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1020 on: July 05, 2019, 12:49:00 PM

Rather than play a new character, you should use your 50 bard but pick a new class. That way you'll have a 50 bard just in case you wanna go back to the class; the best thing about this game is the ability to do everything on one toon.

Starting from scratch, you won't need any expansions for a while. Once you're ready to go beyond 50, you only have to buy Shadowbringers; it comes with Heavensward and Stormblood.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1021 on: July 05, 2019, 01:12:27 PM

That's a good idea. I've got my little thaumaturge up to level 6 and the game is starting to come back to me. I'll go ahead and turn my Bard into a Thaumy as well and see how it goes.

edit: It was definitely a good idea. I skipped a lot of drudgery. I already have all of my mounts and have completed all but the last level 50 quest. Lots of crafting skills too. And money.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 04:39:13 PM by Reg »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1022 on: July 05, 2019, 06:16:49 PM

The subscription fee is also cheaper if you opt for the single character option. Remembering what to do might be a little harder, but you've skipped a ton of mandatory quests this way.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1023 on: July 05, 2019, 07:51:37 PM

I don't regret starting the newbie character. I literally couldn't remember how to walk much less fast travel or change my class.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1024 on: July 17, 2019, 03:49:32 PM

Part of me is really tempted to pick this up as overall opinion seems to be pretty positive from what I've seen. I stalled out partway into Stormblood although that was largely because I had gone through a good chunk of the base game and all of HW immediately before. Someone convince me I don't need to come back.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1025 on: July 18, 2019, 06:43:02 AM

Part of me is really tempted to pick this up as overall opinion seems to be pretty positive from what I've seen. I stalled out partway into Stormblood although that was largely because I had gone through a good chunk of the base game and all of HW immediately before. Someone convince me I don't need to come back.

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Come on, join the fun!  ShB has been excellent so far. I'm not finished yet because I'm taking my time, and I've pretty much managed to avoid any major, significant spoilers, too!  I leveled to 80 fast on my SMN/SCH (having a combo job like that is almost cheating, IMO) and was only on the level 77 MSQ so I jumped over to SAM and leveled that to 77 so I could take over the quests on that job.  It was a good choice because I'm enjoying playing SAM again.  No major changes to that job but I'd been on casters or ranged jobs for so long that being melee again was refreshing.  I haven't even logged onto my AST to fix the hotbars yet, but that might be next to level up after SAM, if I don't decide to go with DRG instead.

I'm fine with the healer changes as I've seen them so far on SCH.  I've never been a huge fan of healers having to DPS so pushing the focus back onto primarily healing is fine with me.  There's been a lot of bitching about that decision though, but meh.  If I can toss some DPS into the mix as a healer, great, but it shouldn't have been required in order for the group to defeat any mob. Now it's more a balance of keeping the party's health up and using the "over-heal" shield as a buffer.  One of the reasons I leveled SCH/SMN so fast is because I could do dungeons as a healer (very in demand right now) and everything else as a summoner. 

Right now my jobs and levels are all over the place still.  I'm just plugging away at getting my level 70 jobs up to 80 first, then will go back and pick the next highest set of jobs and work those up (probably to 70 first) and then the next highest, and so on.  It keeps things from feeling so boring if I do it in sets and then switch to another job for a while.  I haven't even picked up GNB or DNC yet at all and really don't have any desire to do so for a long while.  GNB because it's a tank and I'm leery about tanking in general and DNC because oddly, the job really doesn't interest me all that much.  Maybe it's fun but it can wait until I've leveled other jobs.

More nice things about ShB : you can completely skip all but a select few of the side quests (the blue ones to get flight in a zone) and save them for later or other jobs.  They put in level sync on the side quests so you can pick them all up at 70 but the reward will be based on your current level at the time of turn in.  Being able to kill the mobs if it's a kill quest is another matter, but you can always hold off.

The zones themselves are beautiful and so is the music.  Even on standard and not high graphics, the First is just dang pretty.  The voice acting is top notch, too. IMO.

If you do come back and happen to be on Aether dc, feel free to hit me up.  I'm on Faerie under this name.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1026 on: July 18, 2019, 07:07:45 AM

Oh wow, did a screencap to show where I was with jobs and found the same thing from almost exactly 11 months ago.  I didn't think I'd been that busy in game but apparently I play a lot more than I thought, lol!

From 8-Aug-2018 -> 1-Mar-2019 -> 18-Jul-2019

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1027 on: July 18, 2019, 12:21:49 PM

Alas, I’m on Lamia which is on a different DC from everyone else here I think. Currently on the congested worlds list but there aren’t any preferred worlds right now to transfer to.

Looks like I stopped last time with BRD at 63. Looking over the job changes though and reading people’s thoughts I might switch over to DRG which I have in the low 50s. Just need to look into some good ways to level currently and then get through the Stormblood content.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1028 on: July 18, 2019, 12:49:22 PM

I stopped at Bard 50 but I created a black mage when I came back because I had (and still don't) have any idea how to play Bard anymore. BLM is at 42 right now and it's looking like he's going to be the guy to do that last Ultimate Weapon quest.
BTW, Do crafting skills go past level 50 too now? I have a bunch of level 50 crafters it might be fun to reactivate them.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1029 on: July 18, 2019, 02:08:40 PM

The only class that won't go up to 80 right now is the Blue Mage. 
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1030 on: July 18, 2019, 04:47:35 PM

Turns out I’ve actually got DRG up to 56 so even slightly better than I thought. Just have to complete the HoH quest and then I’ll switch over from BRD. BRD just seems to be less of a utility character now so it’s lost a little bit of appeal to me. After I’ve eased back into the game a bit more and maybe finished up all the SB quests I might try to get into playing a tank or healer more.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1031 on: July 19, 2019, 07:00:35 AM

For leveling, besides the MSQ, do your daily roulettes.  It's worth it to wait out the DPS queues (and they haven't been too bad at all so far, at least on Aether DC) and you'll level up quick.  Remember to keep your food bonus up and you should also get leveling bonuses for being under 60 or 70, I forget which is it.  And then once you have at least one max level job, you'll get another bonus to leveling other jobs.  Don't forget hunting and challenge logs, plus the hunt bills.  They all give nice XP for basically roaming around.

Got the SAM almost halfway to 79 last night and I'm moving through the zones pretty nicely.  I'm in the second half of Kholusia now and only have one zone to open up (which I gather won't be until the end - it's the dwarven one) and I got flying opened up in Amn Areang, too.  Such a better way to travel through the zones.

As I progress through the story though and see older content through roulettes, I'm even more amazed at how much some of this was set up in previous content.  The whole overarching storyline really seems to flow pretty smoothly from all the way back to ARR even.  Supposedly it's all planned out through whatever the 6.0 xpac will eventually be and if that's true, then it's such a marvel that they've pulled it off as well as they have so far.

Turns out I’ve actually got DRG up to 56 so even slightly better than I thought. Just have to complete the HoH quest and then I’ll switch over from BRD. BRD just seems to be less of a utility character now so it’s lost a little bit of appeal to me. After I’ve eased back into the game a bit more and maybe finished up all the SB quests I might try to get into playing a tank or healer more.
I've heard DRG is a lot more fun to play now, but I haven't been on mine to check it out.  I've only switched over long enough to get sightseeing XP on that job and haven't actually played yet.  I really do need to finish cleaning up my other job hotbars but I want to finish the MSQ before using rested bonus on other jobs.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:06:12 AM by RhyssaFireheart »

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1032 on: July 19, 2019, 07:05:28 AM

Are trusts in the game (early game at least?)?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1033 on: July 19, 2019, 07:08:09 AM

Are trusts in the game (early game at least?)?

Not the new trusts, those are only for ShB content.  I haven't needed to try them yet.  There are squadrons that you can do through your Grand Company - you level up NPCs to do some of the dungeons with but it's not quite the same as trusts.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1034 on: July 19, 2019, 08:32:02 AM

Made a character on Aether-Siren. I seem to have accidentally picked the correct DC? Not sure how cross-zone play works.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Terracotta Army

Reply #1035 on: July 19, 2019, 08:48:12 AM

Tempting to play again, but I'm going to remain where I am.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1036 on: July 19, 2019, 10:40:33 AM

As I progress through the story though and see older content through roulettes, I'm even more amazed at how much some of this was set up in previous content.  The whole overarching storyline really seems to flow pretty smoothly from all the way back to ARR even.  Supposedly it's all planned out through whatever the 6.0 xpac will eventually be and if that's true, then it's such a marvel that they've pulled it off as well as they have so far.

It's been amusing to see how early on some of this stuff was being put out there that was just blown off at the time as villain bluster. 
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1037 on: July 19, 2019, 11:36:36 AM

Made a character on Aether-Siren. I seem to have accidentally picked the correct DC? Not sure how cross-zone play works.

All worlds on the same datacenter (Aether) can be visited just by using one of the main city aetheryte stones (so Limsa Lominsa, Gridania, Ul'dal) and you just pick where you want to travel.  You can also have cross-world friends lists now, too.  Depending on how tied you are to following the story, it's also possible to group with someone higher level and do dungeons unsynced, which means you won't get xp for individual mobs, but you will get the credit and xp for completing the dungeon.  Sometimes makes doing the lower level dungeons go much more quickly and it can be fun to just rofl-stomp all the little baby monsters when doing it unsynced.

Oh, also - the base game ARR is widely considered to be the worst part of the MSQ there is.  It can supposedly be long and tedious and there's a lot of fetching and fedexing stuff.  It really starts to pay off when you get to HW though.  I personally didn't notice the grind but I wasn't trying to complete the game in a month to get to the end game content either.  So YMMV on that front.  You can also buy jump potions to get you to 50, 60, or 70, I believe, bypassing either the base game, HW or SB.   I don't recommend skipping past HW though, at the very least.

As I progress through the story though and see older content through roulettes, I'm even more amazed at how much some of this was set up in previous content.  The whole overarching storyline really seems to flow pretty smoothly from all the way back to ARR even.  Supposedly it's all planned out through whatever the 6.0 xpac will eventually be and if that's true, then it's such a marvel that they've pulled it off as well as they have so far.

It's been amusing to see how early on some of this stuff was being put out there that was just blown off at the time as villain bluster. 

Right.  I'm still kind of sure some of it is all "from a certain perspective" but honestly, even if it is, it's all worth it to have a certain character tell you "I don't consider any of you to really be alive.  So I won't be guilty of murder if I kill you." (paraphrased).  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:41:58 AM by RhyssaFireheart »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1038 on: July 19, 2019, 12:39:45 PM

My wife and I will try to resume playing together after we stopped playing LotRO some years ago. We will likely just duo through things as they come. Personally I'd prefer to do the story in order. As for tedium: it's a MMO. We get a lot out of just seeing the sights and trying on frilly clothes.

The thing that I'm currently most unsure about is that I do not recall ever buying FF14, however it is in my PS4 library. I simply updated my Squenix account password (created May 2010, no other activity at all), linked my PS4 account, and was off to the Tall Grey Woman races. Neither PSN nor MogStation have any record of my purchase and so I don't even know what expansions I may or may not have access to. I suppose it will become evident once I convert from the free trial, or I can't do something that my wife can do (since I bought the Complete Ed today on her PSN account).

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1039 on: July 19, 2019, 01:15:34 PM

Well, however you guys end up playing, hope you enjoy it.  If you can and want, feel free to add me to your friends list.  I'll have to be online to accept but that shouldn't be a problem, I'm on most evenings for at least a bit.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1040 on: July 19, 2019, 01:38:37 PM

2010? I think that predates even the Realm Reborn. I'm sure you have access to the latest base game anyway and that's all you need to get started.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1041 on: July 19, 2019, 02:23:38 PM

Yeah, that might even be the original game that came out and was eventually replaced by ARR in 2013.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1042 on: July 19, 2019, 03:37:00 PM

May 2010 would have been a few months before the beta even. It’s possible he made a Square-Enix account for some other reason although I have no idea what.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1043 on: July 19, 2019, 07:49:10 PM

Right.  I'm still kind of sure some of it is all "from a certain perspective" but honestly, even if it is, it's all worth it to have a certain character tell you "I don't consider any of you to really be alive.  So I won't be guilty of murder if I kill you." (paraphrased).  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I love that character so much.  This has been a top notch expansion writing wise.  They really bring all sorts of stuff back in that I had kind of assumed they forgot about.  
Terracotta Army

Reply #1044 on: July 20, 2019, 03:40:14 AM

Square had a great story in FFXI if you could find it. Problem in that game was - the grind made the story hard to follow since you've advance the plot a little then have to go grind an XP camp for weeks to move to the next part.

That said, I find FFXIV story to be way more developed and fits in the game better, with better flow. I recall always doing something to advance it instead of getting distracted by side quests or activities. That is the only reason I am flirting with the idea of playing again... to see how things are moving along since I last played.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1045 on: July 24, 2019, 06:43:43 AM

Well, I finished the MSQ over the weekend.  Ended up doing it as a SCH so I could get into the final dungeon easily.  I thought the final zone was with the dwarves but boy, was I wrong!  That storyline was everything I could have wished for!  I'll miss those two though.  cry

Funny thing about the final battle - I finished the associated dungeon and then queued for the next part which turned out to be a trial.  It popped instantly for me, I accepted and.... zoned into a battle, lol!  Seems the group I got paired with got tired of waiting for another healer to join so they started with only one and since I have my duty set to join parties in progress, I got added.  It was chaos and I died pretty quickly, let me tell you.  We did eventually finish it all and that finale....   cry

Anyways, now I have SMN, SCH, and SAM all at level 80, started working on DRG and will probably switch that up with RDM occasionally.  I still have so many side quests available in some of the higher level zones but that's fine.  I still need to do the level 80 quests to get the Eden raid (no hurry to do that) and I have to level my DRK so I can do the tank role quest line.  Apparently, doing all four role quest lines nets you information about Ardbert and his group.  I've liked the three quest lines I've done, just need to get the last and learn the rest of the information.  One of my FC-mates told it explains something about how the Warrior of Darkness had the male Roegadyn paladin instead of the female Elezen paladin you see early on.  There's a point where you see both as part of the team so I'm curious about it now.

Played briefly last night and DRG is almost 71 already (FATEs are so worth doing!), then when poking through my achievements I realized I had some zones where I didn't have the completed map achievement.  So off I went to fly around just to find one tiny spot to get a bit of XP.  There's a few older dungeons that I don't have that map achievement either, but those are easy to get since I can do them unsynced and just romp through the mobs.  That's what I did with Satasha last night.  Gathering up a big chunk of mobs into a big blob and then doing my AOE jump attack.. BOOM!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1046 on: July 26, 2019, 01:55:04 AM

I was initially planned on trying to focus on getting DRG up to 70 so I could start getting into the new content. I've gone from 56 to 63 so far but have also been distracted a bit leveling up WHM (gone from 32 - 43 so far). Leveling up a DPS wasn't so bad when I could balance out longer waits doing roulettes with PotD which was near instant getting into a group. HoH so far has been queues as long or longer than the roulettes though which I guess isn't unexpected considering it only covers 10 levels rather than the 60 PotD is good for. Once I hit 64 with DRG though I can at least start getting back to the MSQ for some xp. In the meantime though WHM has been good for when I feel like clicking on the Duty Roulette and immediately being able to jump into something.

I'm always a bit intimidated by the Duty Roulette though because the sheer number of Dungeons and such combined with long breaks from the game mean there's a good chance I'll get tossed into a Dungeon where I've completely forgotten the mechanics of the boss fights.

Where I'm at level-wise with everything:
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1047 on: July 26, 2019, 06:36:39 AM

I'm always a bit intimidated by the Duty Roulette though because the sheer number of Dungeons and such combined with long breaks from the game mean there's a good chance I'll get tossed into a Dungeon where I've completely forgotten the mechanics of the boss fights.

One of the reasons I'm so intimidated by tanking - I simply do not remember the dungeons and the mechanics for the various bosses very well unless I've done them multiple, multiple times.  Lately when doing the normal raid roulette, I've been ending up in the Omega ones (Deltascape, Sigmascape, Alphascape) and I honest to gods do not remember those fights.  I did them once to finish that quest line and get my Alpha minion and then didn't bother after.  So it really is like a roulette to see what I'll end up with queuing for normal raid roulette.  I supposed I could use the trick of removing items of gear to reduce my iLVL and end up in lower level raids like that, but meh. 

Not sure if you've played them much, but if you like the ease of queuing and getting into a roulette quickly, consider doing that on your SCH as well.  Leveling that job has the added bonus of leveling the SMN at the same time.  Two-fer-one!  why so serious?  I'm waiting to get a few other jobs a bit higher in level though before I switch over to the WHM and doing the same thing though - the insta-queue thing will be nice for leveling up fast.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1048 on: July 26, 2019, 11:35:39 AM

I did a duty roulette with my 42 white mage this morning and I got freaking Titan! I did Titan exactly once 5 years ago and it was horrible. Today was every bit as bad. I'm off the roulettes now that I know there's a chance of getting one of the shitty trials.

I have a black mage the same level as my white and his job is to be the first to go to a dungeon that I haven't done in five years and relearn the mechanics. Then the WHM goes in actually looks competent. :)

I absolutely can't believe how easy leveling up a <50 is. It took me 6 months to do it with my Bard five years ago and now I have two newbies in their mid forties in less than a month.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #1049 on: July 26, 2019, 07:51:20 PM

I've given in, and started playing again.  On Faerie, as Camille Noire, working on leveling through the main story. 

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  
Jump to: