Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:25:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  (Read 382240 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #455 on: September 23, 2013, 11:11:03 AM

Yes but Final Fantasy games have pretty much all been storybook games. I have heard on my occasions the game's first major content patch referred to as a script. It's a story with an MMO game wrapped haphazardly over it.

And sorry Signe, I couldn't take Ultros and the population there anymore and rerolled on one of the new servers... starts with an M. I am not all that tied to it though, but at least it is not filled with assclowns and internet trash... of course it is not filled at all. Kinda nice not having roaming bands of 100 people FATE farming though. Maybe once transfers run through I can move somewhere in the middle.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: September 23, 2013, 11:17:50 AM

I think we do game a lot alike, Signe.

Guild Wars 2 has a lot of extras in it that kept me happy for several months. I sometimes think about going back but ... nah. Going back to a game is never as good as just remembering it, and I remember more fondly the more time passes.

Back to FF14 - I picked Thaumaturge to play because it sounded like the most fun of the magic classes. I didn't even look at the jobs. Do you have to pick a job? Or can you just be a max_level Thaumaturge? I guess I'll have to read more about that stuff.

What is to stop a person from leveling up an archer or a pugilist but putting all their points into int and then swapping over to thaum? Is there a cap on stats? That would be perverse if there isn't.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #457 on: September 23, 2013, 11:23:21 AM

Anyone find a class that requires lots of micro?
If you want a lot of responsibility: tank or healer. If you don't want the responsibility: monk.
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: September 23, 2013, 11:39:49 AM

Anyone find a class that requires lots of micro?
If you want a lot of responsibility: tank or healer. If you don't want the responsibility: monk.

SCH has the most micro management with healing and healer pet management.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #459 on: September 23, 2013, 12:33:59 PM

Back to FF14 - I picked Thaumaturge to play because it sounded like the most fun of the magic classes. I didn't even look at the jobs. Do you have to pick a job? Or can you just be a max_level Thaumaturge? I guess I'll have to read more about that stuff.
You do not have to pick a job but once you can past 35ish* people will expect you to have a job equipped in dungeons or other group encounters.

* You can get a job at 30/15 (lvl 30 for the primary class for that job and lvl 15 for the secondary class) but the first job skill you get at 30 isn't always "a must have" skill and you lose cross-skill slots when you switch to a job so it may not be worth switching at 30.

What is to stop a person from leveling up an archer or a pugilist but putting all their points into int and then swapping over to thaum? Is there a cap on stats? That would be perverse if there isn't.
The attribute points that you can assign when leveling up are tied to that class. When you switch classes your stats will change and the attribute points from one class don't transfer over to the other class.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: September 23, 2013, 02:32:28 PM

Jobs are just another word for advanced classes.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #461 on: September 23, 2013, 04:26:17 PM

Finally managed to get my mount and even unlocked the bard job tonight.  I still don't like that you get cock blocked from continuing your story by forcing you to do dungeons but the rest of the game is fun enough to overlook it. 
Managed to unlock Dragoon tonight myself. Dungeons don't bother me too much. I usually just queue up in the Duty Finder thing and then just run off and do something else while I wait (typically fates or leveling one of my gathering or crafting classes). Just sucks that between the hour or so I have to wait in the queue as a DPS and the time it takes to do the dungeon means I have to have a solid chunk of time to devote to it.
Thank you.  That just about killed any urge I have to buy/play. 

Just curious, but how long are the dungeons?
The early dungeons so far are small by WoW standards -- 30 minutes or so is typical as long as you don't wipe. The dungeon finder ("Duty Finder" in FF XIV) works well but like in most games of these types the DPS classes typically have to wait a long time to get in. So far it looks like the healer classes have a slightly easier time getting in than tanks (some games tanks are more in demand) but both typical have short waits or "instant" queues. Also only some of the dungeons are required to advance the story.
As a follow up to this the way FF XIV handles dungeons is really bad, especially for the DPS classes. You can not start a dungeon with anything other than a full group (you can't just walk into a dungeon by yourself) and the dungeons will sync you down in level if you are too high. This means that unlike some other MMORPGs you can not visit the dungeon later when you are higher level to make things easier*. Some DPS are already complaining that they can not progress in the story cause not enough non-DPS are queuing for the earlier story dungeons and there's no way to "cheese" the difficulty to get through it if you don't have enough friends to help you. Also most of the dungeons are mandatory to advance the story line. Only a few are optional (though even those aren't optional if you are doing GC hunting logs).

* Your higher level gear (leveled down) can make it slightly easier but it still won't be easy.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #462 on: September 23, 2013, 04:53:16 PM

I agree.  At least you don't have to wait around the dungeon.  You sign up and go about your business.  I usually take time out to do crafting or fishing or sommat when I'm waiting.  Err...  I try and remember to put my armour back on when I join.  TRY!  :(  I read that they're going to eventually work on making dungeons solo and stuff, but who knows when?  I'm sure by the time they get around it that I'll have wandered off.  They have a LOT to do all over this game.  They only put the AFK kick in like the other day or whatever.  Still, I hope it'll keep me going until something shinier catches my attention.  That's all I ever really expect.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: September 23, 2013, 05:14:44 PM

Something is wonky. Yesterday it ran ok, today it's like running through molasses. Downloading the benchmark thingie now to try to figure out what's going on.

Edited: ran the benchmark tool, got 2940ish on standard desktop. Then I downloaded a new driver, and it's like magic - no more slo mo sluggish problems.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:31:54 PM by Xanthippe »
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: September 23, 2013, 07:16:48 PM

I agree.  At least you don't have to wait around the dungeon.  You sign up and go about your business.  I usually take time out to do crafting or fishing or sommat when I'm waiting.  Err...  I try and remember to put my armour back on when I join.  TRY!  :(  I read that they're going to eventually work on making dungeons solo and stuff, but who knows when?  I'm sure by the time they get around it that I'll have wandered off.  They have a LOT to do all over this game.  They only put the AFK kick in like the other day or whatever.  Still, I hope it'll keep me going until something shinier catches my attention.  That's all I ever really expect.

Are you using gear sets by chance? When my dungeon pops when I am out mining, I just pop open the gear set list and one button press then hit Commence.

I am torn on the dungeon thing. On the one hand, I like the fact you can't breeze into it as a high level and farm. I mean you can just roll up a DPS class and then farm a full set of low end gear for your other classes/jobs. Takes the fun out of it in a way. And you only have the group restriction if you use DF. Otherwise you are free to make your own party. This FC I am in on this server was talking about how they did Hala with four summoners with topaz carbies running amok. Sounded interesting. Add in the fact you can take 8 into any dungeon (or so I assume given the social window you bring up has the 4/8 limit on the bottom of the window).

And if you REALLY hate the queue, just roll a tank. Hell you don't even have to be good, as evidenced by the 1::4 good tanks to bad I seem to get with each dungeon on DF. You can almost tell who is on a PS3 from the get go with these fucknuts. No marking, erratic movements, not engaging until they are getting beat on... such is life though.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #465 on: September 24, 2013, 07:58:05 AM

I do use gear sets.  It's a brain thing.  :( 

I started out with a tank because that's usually what I like but when I started the dungeons, I couldn't stay alive.  What a lot of crap healers there seems to be on my server.  I'd roll a healer but the only game I ever enjoyed being one was in CoH.  I might not get groups as quickly, but at least I know how to stay alive with dps characters in this game.  I might do tank again at some point since you can take everything with one character it seems. 

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #466 on: September 24, 2013, 10:35:24 AM

I agree.  At least you don't have to wait around the dungeon.  You sign up and go about your business.  I usually take time out to do crafting or fishing or sommat when I'm waiting.  Err...  I try and remember to put my armour back on when I join.  TRY!  :(
Oh, they've still kept in that stupid thing where you'd craft naked because it'd give your gear durability hits? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: September 24, 2013, 11:45:47 AM

No, you have different gear sets you use for crafting.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: September 25, 2013, 05:29:05 AM

So, I finally hit max level and I'm not sure how to begin gearing up. I ran Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium, which drop Tomes (badges) but no loot. I had to do them for the story but they were pretty tediois. I tried running Ampador Keep and actually got an upgrade, an ilvl 60 ring from a random chest in behind some trash mobs. The zone was pretty brutal though, particularly as an undergeared tank, and we never made it past the second boss. I haven't tried any of the HM trials yet.

Are we supposed to run CM and Praetoriun over and over for badges to start? I can't craft the high level gear without buying Coke from the badge vendor, which seems pretty pointless.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #469 on: September 25, 2013, 05:49:38 AM

Haven't event bothered trying to hit max level based on everything I've heard (repetitiveness, repairs costing way too much). Left my Dragoon at 42 for the time being and started trying to level up Gladiator to eventually get the Paladin job. Done some crafting and gathering a bit also, but gathering is tedious, and and each crafting class quickly gets to the point where you need stuff from the other crafting classes. You can get by somewhat just crafting some of the base stuff that crafting class uses if your goal is simply to level up (macros are essential for this), but if you want to actually make useful stuff it's a bit of a pain to find out you need to buy expensive materials on the market if you don't know some other crafters.
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: September 25, 2013, 09:02:14 AM

So, I finally hit max level and I'm not sure how to begin gearing up. I ran Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium, which drop Tomes (badges) but no loot. I had to do them for the story but they were pretty tediois. I tried running Ampador Keep and actually got an upgrade, an ilvl 60 ring from a random chest in behind some trash mobs. The zone was pretty brutal though, particularly as an undergeared tank, and we never made it past the second boss. I haven't tried any of the HM trials yet.

Are we supposed to run CM and Praetoriun over and over for badges to start? I can't craft the high level gear without buying Coke from the badge vendor, which seems pretty pointless.

From what I read, yes. You farm Tomes to get your Darklight gear set and move from there - though you should be able to do HM Ifrit for the weapon in AF/crafted gear. Only what I hear because I am crawling along leveling different jobs. Figure by the time I am high enough level, they will have nerfed stuff to a slightly more reasonable madness rather than the whole RAH RAH HARDCORE, DO ROTATIONS AND WATCH GUIDES shit they have now.

Senses
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: September 25, 2013, 10:25:00 AM

I got my White Mage relic weapon last night and did it mostly through pug groups. For Garuda and Titan, our group was formed in an endgame link shell of which I belong to 3.  All of the fights were fun and challenging, and I probably spent the most time trying to conquer Titan hard mode, but I enjoyed I thoroughly.  It really is a great fight if you enjoy boss encounters.  Here's another look at Nilla with relic and Darklight gear:

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: September 26, 2013, 01:11:22 AM

So I got suckered into playing this by some friends -- got my conjurer to level 17 so far. Random impressions below.

If there's one thing that's really bugging me, it's lack of buttons. My combat 'rotation' is the same as it was at level 4 (which itself is barely different from level 1): stone, aero, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, loot. I'm not even sure if I should be casting aero when soloing unless I need to move out of an AE -- does its DOT even do as much damage as a single stone cast in the time it takes to kill a typical mob? I just got some AE knockback spell that can spice things up, but it'll probably kill my mana, so eh. Healing groups in events / guildhests / dungeons isn't very different: use my one healing spell on whoever is taking (or going to take) damage, and that's it. In any other MMO (even few-button ones like GW1) I'd have a lot more abilities I'd be using during a typical fight by the time I got 1/3 the way to the level cap.

Also, AOE circles are all the rage nowadays in MMOs, and that's OK. What's not OK is that I can be moving out of a circle way early (like... a full second early), and still get hit by the attack. Is this just latency due to me playing on a US server from Europe? What happens at max level when (I assume) boss mechanics tied to AOE circles are pretty much going to one-shot you?

Speaking of latency, is there a latency window for casts, so e.g. if I start the next cast 0.3sec before it finishes on my screen, it will be queued on the server to start a new cast immediately after this cast finishes? This is available in pretty much every other diku, and I get the feeling it's not the case here.

There are a lot of little things in the game that are sorta amusing / different (in a good way), like having to 'hand over' quest items. Lots of nice things like not having to loot enemies and having a visible clickable frame with all enemies that have aggro on you for easy targetting and aggro indicators. There is also a LOT of text in the quests -- the writing is much better than one'd expect from a diku, though I wouldn't say it's TSW-quality throughout. The major story cutscenes are pretty amazing graphically, too.

I really dig the entire armory thing (both the storage and the easy class switching aspects). I assume that if you are planning on (e.g.) levelling up all three scholar classes, you'd keep all the old scholar gear in the armory, and equip it as you go, essentially twinking your own character? Hope this doesn't mean everyone is rolling need on everything in dungeons because "I'll need that spear when I'm levelling lancer later this month", though!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:13:30 AM by Zetor »

zumu
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: September 26, 2013, 01:38:40 AM

If there's one thing that's really bugging me, it's lack of buttons. My combat 'rotation' is the same as it was at level 4

Unfortunately, like the mmo's of yesteryear(modern day in Asia apparently) it takes forever to unlock some of your core/most useful abilities. I can't speak for WHM specifically, but in my experience things do speed up a bit as you get into your 30's.

I can be moving out of a circle way early (like... a full second early), and still get hit by the attack. Is this just latency due to me playing on a US server from Europe?

I believe I read somewhere that NA/EU servers are all located near Toronto. If so, what you are experiencing here is probably caused by some form of server congestion.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: September 26, 2013, 02:11:44 AM

All NA/EU servers are located in Montreal, I imagine with Eidos.

The game not only has latency issues from the servers being so far away from everyone, but also because FFXIV tends to get falsely flagged as a P2P program by many ISPs due to the ports it uses, so ISPs tend to throttle the shit out of it.
zumu
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: September 26, 2013, 02:39:02 AM

Not that anyone is playing this for the PvP, but it looks like it is coming regardless.

Sounds pretty ambitious. Both arena (4v4) and large scale (ala RvR, WvW, etc.) with some separation of gear/abilities from PvE.

Wolves' Den (the 4v4 arena) is debuting in Patch 2.1, which comes out soon? Anyone have any info on that?

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: September 26, 2013, 03:05:39 AM

So all servers are in Canada, eh? That explains some of the 'lag-related' problems... however, in WOW I played on a west coast server from Eastern Europe, which is far worse for latency (I had 400+ ping guaranteed), and it felt far, far, far more responsive than FF14 in almost every way. In fact, to me, FF14 feels less responsive for skill use than SWTOR was at launch, which is... pretty bad!

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: September 26, 2013, 03:40:04 AM

If there's one thing that's really bugging me, it's lack of buttons. My combat 'rotation' is the same as it was at level 4

There's only so many buttons on a PS3 controller. And I agree, I like lots and lots of buttons.

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: September 26, 2013, 10:01:54 AM

In any other MMO (even few-button ones like GW1) I'd have a lot more abilities I'd be using during a typical fight by the time I got 1/3 the way to the level cap.

Problem is you're playing a conjurer. They have the least interesting combat rotation because they're the class that's the least combat oriented (with scholar in second place, but as the base class for scholar is a combat job, they get a couple more toys). All of the DPS classes have more interesting rotations. Unfortunately, conjurer healing is pretty dull for quite a while also. Dungeon healing is just going to be chain spamming cure for a long, long time (like until the 40s).

Also, AOE circles are all the rage nowadays in MMOs, and that's OK. What's not OK is that I can be moving out of a circle way early (like... a full second early), and still get hit by the attack. Is this just latency due to me playing on a US server from Europe? What happens at max level when (I assume) boss mechanics tied to AOE circles are pretty much going to one-shot you?

There might be a couple of things going on. The most grating problem for me is that "get out of this ground effect" animations don't synch up with when the event actually fires server side. For the case where it's a one shot ability and not a persistent effect, you need to be out before the cast finishes, which can be quite a while before the circle disappears and the animation actually fires off. As long as you're out at that point, you can actually walk right back into the gigantic death inferno animation and you'll take zero damage. It's more annoying for healers because we don't usually have the mob targeted to see the cast. I found that learning to love the focus target hotkey helped a lot (It's shift-F by default IIRC).

Also, sometimes the server just chokes and is slow on processing events. Nothing to do with latency as far as I can tell. This is more often the case in large groups on the overhead map.

And of course, you might have some latency issues on top of that with the EU->NA hop.

Mostly my suggestion is just don't screw around with those abilities at all. In other MMOs, I usually game them to get out as late as possible if I needed to finish casts or the like. FFXIV's quirks broke me of that habit really quick. Now I just drop everything and run immediately. It's pretty much all you can do unfortunately =/

I really dig the entire armory thing (both the storage and the easy class switching aspects). I assume that if you are planning on (e.g.) levelling up all three scholar classes, you'd keep all the old scholar gear in the armory, and equip it as you go, essentially twinking your own character? Hope this doesn't mean everyone is rolling need on everything in dungeons because "I'll need that spear when I'm levelling lancer later this month", though!

Two things. First, you don't need to level the job/base class separately. Their levels synch. In the case of smn/sch/acn, all three levels are the same. If you're a level 35 arcanist and have finished your job quests, you just put on a summoner stone and you'll be a level 35 summoner. Put on a scholar stone, and voila, level 35 scholar. Gain a level on any of them and you'll be a level 36 on all. Your example holds if you wanted to level up thm or cnj on top of the acn jobs though (and you would to optimize your characters probably. Healers especially really, really want thm to 26 to get swiftcast)

As for the need/greed problem, you can't actually need on loot unless you're currently playing a class that benefits from its main stat. This works pretty well for the most part (though there were some bugs where dragoons couldn't actually roll need on some of their loot in the end game dungeons. Oops!)
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #479 on: September 26, 2013, 10:12:27 AM

So all servers are in Canada, eh? That explains some of the 'lag-related' problems... however, in WOW I played on a west coast server from Eastern Europe, which is far worse for latency (I had 400+ ping guaranteed), and it felt far, far, far more responsive than FF14 in almost every way. In fact, to me, FF14 feels less responsive for skill use than SWTOR was at launch, which is... pretty bad!
Servers in Canada isn't really the problem. The game has apparently some 'interesting' design decisions in it, like having the server update/sync your character's position once per 300 msec and such, which likely lends to the off/lagged feel. Then you have things like enemy attack animations with the 'now you take damage' part placed long after the attack induction was completed, confusing the players why they are taking damage when they believe they got out of the attack area in time, etc.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: September 26, 2013, 10:51:18 AM

Problem is you're playing a conjurer. They have the least interesting combat rotation

Put me down as thinking Gladiator is ten times as bad. There's just something about melee that you expect it to be a lot faster and more responsive.

Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: September 26, 2013, 10:57:01 AM

Problem is you're playing a conjurer. They have the least interesting combat rotation

Put me down as thinking Gladiator is ten times as bad. There's just something about melee that you expect it to be a lot faster and more responsive.

The 2.5s GCD.

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: September 26, 2013, 12:21:56 PM

Quote from: Numtini

At least gladiator goes through a rotation of some sort. Even if it's still just 1-2-3, 1-2-3 (My glad is only level 10 or so, so not sure how much that changes at higher levels. I'd guess not a lot, as they're a tanky class as opposed to a DPS class). Conjurer is really just stone-stone-stone-stone-stone-stone with maybe an aero tossed in just for giggles if you want something to cast while sidestepping a ground effect.

But yes, you have a point in that melee has an expectation to feel more responsive than caster classes do, and they're further out of the bounds of expectation than the casters are in this game. Leveling a cnj/whm in this (stone, stone, stone, aero) really isn't any different than leveling a holy priest in vanilla WoW was (smite, smite, smite, shadow word: pain), whereas gladiators are far less interesting and responsive than warriors were.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:27:25 PM by Goldenmean »
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: September 26, 2013, 12:43:28 PM

(snip)
Thxinfo, some good stuff -- and yea, by the three scholar classes I actually meant the three casters (arcanist / thaum / conj), it was just a bit of GW2 lingo slipping in. awesome, for real I figured I'd level conjurer until I got far enough in the story to get a mount and join a GC, then gain levels in the other two caster classes in the other two newbie zones doing sidequests and whatnot (it better be more interesting than stonestonestone!).

I also ran a few dungeons, and indeed I was only able to roll on 'matching' stuff. A minor peeve is that most duty finder things only seem to be good xp the first time you do them (guildhests especially so), I figured they'd be a decent xp source while levelling my other classes. Ah well, that +50% xp bonus is nice enough.

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: September 26, 2013, 01:19:54 PM

Thxinfo, some good stuff -- and yea, by the three scholar classes I actually meant the three casters (arcanist / thaum / conj), it was just a bit of GW2 lingo slipping in. awesome, for real I figured I'd level conjurer until I got far enough in the story to get a mount and join a GC, then gain levels in the other two caster classes in the other two newbie zones doing sidequests and whatnot (it better be more interesting than stonestonestone!).

I also ran a few dungeons, and indeed I was only able to roll on 'matching' stuff. A minor peeve is that most duty finder things only seem to be good xp the first time you do them (guildhests especially so), I figured they'd be a decent xp source while levelling my other classes. Ah well, that +50% xp bonus is nice enough.

If you're careful rationing out your sidequests (such as by not completing them on your main class if they're a couple of levels below you), quests can help supplement leveling alts. Sadly though, it's just going to be supplemental. Like you mentioned, guildhest and dungeon xp falls to negligible after you've run them once, so pretty much all alt-leveling comes down to FATE grinding like mad, which, honestly, is pretty horrible. It's fast xp, and there's essentially no risk for large xp reward, but it's also dull as hell.

Even on your main class, quests aren't enough to get you through the 40s really. You should expect to FATE grind out at least 5 levels in your 40s. There's one point where the story goes on hiatus for 4 levels or so, and there's hardly any new side quests popping up. North Thanalan and its steady supply of FATEs is going to become incredibly familiar.

And don't worry, the other casters are both more interesting than stone-stone-stone. Thaumaturges need to switch between a mana regenerating ice mode and a high damage high mana cost fire mode, and arcanists are one of those "Run around DoTing things and let your pet pick up the pieces" classes.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: September 26, 2013, 04:08:18 PM

If you're in a dungeon and there's something that you can Need on, Need on it, unless you already have a Unique version it and can't get a second. Once you get the second Sergeant rank for your Grand Company, you can take all those old green/purple items you find that you either have outleveled or don't have any use for and turn them in for seals.

Never hit Pass for anything, ever.
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: September 26, 2013, 04:24:36 PM

If you're in a dungeon and there's something that you can Need on, Need on it, unless you already have a Unique version it and can't get a second. Once you get the second Sergeant rank for your Grand Company, you can take all those old green/purple items you find that you either have outleveled or don't have any use for and turn them in for seals.

Never hit Pass for anything, ever.

I'd amend this to mention that if it's convertible, you should break it down for materia instead of seals. If you're doing daily crafting tasks for your GC or regularly FATE grinding to level alts, you'll be absolutely rolling in seals, and the only time I've ever felt that I actually was in need of seals is when I was grinding for my chocobo (and even that is just an afternoon's worth of work if you grind GC leves or FATEs)
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #487 on: September 26, 2013, 04:54:47 PM

Well I also tend to come into possession of a lot of aetherial stuff for classes I don't ever intend to level (Disciples of War, GLD/PLD/MAR/WAR stuff, etc...) through Greed rolls and leve chests, so converting isn't an option on occasion.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #488 on: September 26, 2013, 05:26:28 PM

I have a stable of nearly naked cabana boys.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: September 26, 2013, 06:42:48 PM

Can you solo in this game to max level?  I hate pugs, and none of my other friends have any interest at all.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  
Jump to: