Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:08:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  (Read 382258 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: August 25, 2013, 07:06:27 AM

Instances were working fine this morning; managed to do the first two dungeons and get a couple nice upgrades for my MRD. Got a random DC while zoning though, and now I can't get back in (Error 90000/10102). Bleh.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: August 25, 2013, 07:22:02 AM

I Alt+F4'd out last night after getting stuck waiting for an instance, today I haven't been able to login at all (either 10102 or 90000). I guess my character is blackholed.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: August 25, 2013, 07:31:32 AM

Things were working pretty great from the end of downtime early this morning up until about 45 minutes ago. Now they're not.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: August 25, 2013, 07:36:08 AM

Why even bother trying to log on for the first week or so of an MMO launch?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: August 25, 2013, 07:37:51 AM

Because the first week or so is the most fun, when everything is new and shiny. Plus at this point I've only paid $5 for the game (preorder) so I know if I want to actually buy it or not.

Also, they're aware of the login issues.
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players are unable to log into the North American/European data center Worlds on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
From Aug. 25, 2013 6:39 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
Unable to log into several Worlds.

[Affected Worlds]
North American/European Data Center Worlds
- Moogle
- Odin
- Shiva
- Cerberus
- Faerie
- Coeurl
- Exodus
- Diabolos
- Adamantoise
- Ultros
- Midgardsormr
- Malboro
- Goblin
- Cactuar
- Gilgamesh
- Leviathan
- Behemoth
- Balmung
- Ragnarok
- Sargatanas
- Excalibur
- Hyperion

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: August 25, 2013, 09:18:34 AM

I logged in 4:30 this morning and got past the instance roadblocks that got me last night.  Hit the gym at 9am, mowed the grass and just got back to see the servers down again so glad I got on early to get some shit done or I would of still been stuck.  Not sure if this is all because of the PS3 / PC combination that's overloading them, too many players I guess?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #181 on: August 25, 2013, 09:27:53 AM

If there's too many players now it's going to be even more of a clusterfuck on Tuesday.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: August 25, 2013, 10:15:51 AM

Servers are back up a little early, with heavily restricted logins. Instance servers seem to work (for now).
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: August 25, 2013, 10:49:26 AM

They do not have a login queue system.  The login queue some of you may have seen yesterday was merely something to prevent concurrent hammer of each world.  Some friends and I noticed then when we didn't always get that queue popup.  Or the time we got it with like 300 in queue.  Cancelled out and then attempted again and immediately logged in. 

Currently they are limited logins and slowly allowing more.  So you just get an error message and have to relog and try again.  Even pre-server chara select the NA/EU world server will tell you it can't find a server list.

They couldn't handle a pre-order code web page and their forum web server they keep posting notices to cannot handle the # of concurrent users. Clearly Square Enix is ready for prime time online world wide gaming.  It will be amusing to see what happens on launch day.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: August 25, 2013, 11:12:11 AM

Now its just frustrating, I can live with a que but having to keep clicking through character select, etc to keep getting denied is retarded
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: August 25, 2013, 12:35:04 PM

Supposedly this is the new job list.

Bard = 30 Archer / 15 Pugilist
    Summoner = 30 Arcanist / 15 Thaumaturge
    Scholar = 30 Arcanist / 15 Conjurer
    Dragoon = 30 Lancer / 15 Marauder
    Black Mage = 30 Thaumaturge / 15 Archer
    White Mage = 30 Conjurer / 15 Arcanist
    Monk = 30 Pugilist / 15 Lancer
    Warrior = 30 Marauder / 15 Gladiator
    Paladin = 30 Gladiator / 15 Conjurer
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: August 25, 2013, 07:43:38 PM

I got back in around 7pm, made sure to stay in and got 2 instances done without problems.  I don't care if they have ques, let me just que up and Im good but the try again bullshit needs to go. 
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #187 on: August 25, 2013, 07:58:33 PM

queue

-Rasix
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: August 26, 2013, 12:46:43 AM

Unless you're a FF fan, I really don't see the appeal of this.  Its like WoW but with much, much worse combat and an even goofier art style.  I've tried 3 classes (Archer, Marauder, and Thaumaturge) and they've all been underwhelming so far and I don't even want to talk about the awful starting experience, with non-skippable cut scenes and doing fetch and deliver quests.  I didn't get into combat for almost an hour.  Horrible.  I really hope things pick up at higher levels because I can't see many people who aren't FF fans sticking around very long.  I had much more fun playing Neverwinter than this, for what its worth.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #189 on: August 26, 2013, 05:22:18 AM

Unless you're a FF fan, I really don't see the appeal of this.  Its like WoW but with much, much worse combat and an even goofier art style.  I've tried 3 classes (Archer, Marauder, and Thaumaturge) and they've all been underwhelming so far and I don't even want to talk about the awful starting experience, with non-skippable cut scenes and doing fetch and deliver quests.  I didn't get into combat for almost an hour.  Horrible.  I really hope things pick up at higher levels because I can't see many people who aren't FF fans sticking around very long.  I had much more fun playing Neverwinter than this, for what its worth.

Ummm, the art is pretty sweet dude.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: August 26, 2013, 05:35:06 AM

Unskippable cut scenes does suck if you aren't into it.  Combat is slow until you level up a bit and group but it does improve.  Graphics I am ok with, thats subjective so whatever.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: August 26, 2013, 05:36:11 AM

The art is great. One of the strongest parts of the game. If you hate the style that's one thing, but it's really well done.

I'd agree about the cutscenes. They were ok the first time through, but I alt-tabbed the second time. The story was slightly different, I was on a ship instead of a wagon, but exactly the same. The run around quests I don't mind so much because you learn the city--I feel like I know the FFXI city better after 2 days than I ever did any of the GW2 ones. Second time within a city and I imagine they'll be less useful.

Right now it seems to me that there's an open spot for that "not WoW" game. For a long time it was EQ2, but for the last several years there's been a void. I wonder if the FF diehards might give this enough of a stable population for it to fit into that spot in the food chain. I also appreciate the slower combat and I suspect there's enough of us who do to make an impact as well.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: August 26, 2013, 06:58:16 AM

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/68427-An-Apology-to-Our-Players-Using-NA-EU-Data-Centers
An Apology to Our Players Using NA/EU Data Centers

On behalf of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Development Team, I would like to extend my deepest apologies to those Early Access participants who have had difficulty using the NA/EU data centers.

In response to a variety of issues, we have conducted emergency maintenance several times over the past few days. The first instance, which was conducted six hours following the beginning of early access, was for the purpose of addressing the errors 90000 and 3000, which were first discovered during phase 4 of the beta test.

Our server team then began taking measures to improve the performance of the lobby and duty finder servers. The subsequent emergency maintenance was necessary to implement their changes.

This maintenance proceeded as planned, and afterwards we verified that the stability of instanced battles and the duty finder was much improved. However, we then discovered that certain lobby servers had been improperly configured, and we were forced to conduct another brief maintenance to resolve this issue.

Although we have successfully addressed a number of serious issues in the past several days, we have nevertheless decided to implement login restrictions for the time being due to the extremely heavy load being placed upon the servers. In this way, we can ensure that the maximum number of players can play the game without risking a sever crash. I know no one wants to wait to log in, but I hope you all understand why we believe this precaution is necessary.

Once again, I would like to sincerely apologize to all our players who have been unable to enjoy Early Access due to the tremendous congestion, the ensuing issues, and the frequent maintenance.

Everyone on the development and operations teams is dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our customers, and we will continue to do our utmost to resolve the remaining and any future issues.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer/Director, Naoki Yoshida
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: August 26, 2013, 07:25:33 AM

Dragon Quest X is probably too niche but it's definitely not-WoW. Too bad it's probably never going to come out in the west.

Are the XIV cutscenes really not skippable? They were in beta. Seems odd to me that would change.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #194 on: August 26, 2013, 07:34:56 AM

Some but not all of the "non-interactive" cutscenes are skipable if you mash the ESC key enough times. However none of the "cinematic" quest dialogs are skipable and advancing the quest text is so fucking slow in this game. I'm already having to redo the starting the quests cause I switched servers and while things are slightly faster cause I know the map better it's still really slow to advance given the quest dialog system and all the running back and forth.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #195 on: August 26, 2013, 09:58:11 AM

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/68427-An-Apology-to-Our-Players-Using-NA-EU-Data-Centers
An Apology to Our Players Using NA/EU Data Centers

On behalf of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Development Team, I would like to extend my deepest apologies to those Early Access participants who have had difficulty using the NA/EU data centers.

In response to a variety of issues, we have conducted emergency maintenance several times over the past few days. The first instance, which was conducted six hours following the beginning of early access, was for the purpose of addressing the errors 90000 and 3000, which were first discovered during phase 4 of the beta test.

Our server team then began taking measures to improve the performance of the lobby and duty finder servers. The subsequent emergency maintenance was necessary to implement their changes.

This maintenance proceeded as planned, and afterwards we verified that the stability of instanced battles and the duty finder was much improved. However, we then discovered that certain lobby servers had been improperly configured, and we were forced to conduct another brief maintenance to resolve this issue.

Although we have successfully addressed a number of serious issues in the past several days, we have nevertheless decided to implement login restrictions for the time being due to the extremely heavy load being placed upon the servers. In this way, we can ensure that the maximum number of players can play the game without risking a sever crash. I know no one wants to wait to log in, but I hope you all understand why we believe this precaution is necessary.

Once again, I would like to sincerely apologize to all our players who have been unable to enjoy Early Access due to the tremendous congestion, the ensuing issues, and the frequent maintenance.

Everyone on the development and operations teams is dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our customers, and we will continue to do our utmost to resolve the remaining and any future issues.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer/Director, Naoki Yoshida

This situation is doing them no favors at all. They have basically been reduced to saying, there are too many players on the server (name here) so you have to wait your turn to get on... oh and you'll have to play the lottery to get in because we have suspended the queue system as well. Have fun mashing the character select screen.

Huge queues I can understand, but not having any so it becomes a crap shoot as to whether you actually get in game or dropped back to select screen is a clownshoes way to deal with it.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: August 26, 2013, 03:10:10 PM

On a positive note I haven't seen any EU or NA community managers post so I assume they have none.  This at least saves some poor bastards unwanted stress.

17k posts in the English FF14 tech support forum.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/626-Technical-Support

JP technical support forum. Notice the top link's post count.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/519-%E3%83%86%E3%82%AF%E3%83%8B%E3%82%AB%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B5%E3%83%9D%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: August 27, 2013, 02:23:57 AM

Squeenix clamps down on Youtubers

The video must not require a paid membership for viewing;

You may not monetize your video via the YouTube partner program or any similar programs on other video sharing sites.

You may not split our videos (vocal, music, visual, etc.) and distribute components as separate assets;

You may not combine or synchronize the Materials with third party content (e.g., a mash-up), but you may include the Materials alongside third party content (e.g., before or after in the same video) as long as you also have permission from the original copyright owner);

Way to kill off a large section of your marketing potential for no fucking reason

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #198 on: August 27, 2013, 05:09:36 AM

Which ones would those be? The guys using someone else's assets to make money? No love lost.

Since you decided to cherry pick, you left out that they still allow you to do machinimas.  You just can't charge for them or present the models, music or voice work as your own doing or distribute it as "packages" to be sold.

* You may not materially alter or modify the Materials, except:
   *  You may add your own voice-over, and you may edit, combine, mash-up, mix and match the Materials with other FFXIV Materials;

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #199 on: August 27, 2013, 08:30:48 AM

I'm not far enough along to give a meaningful review, but I like what I've seen so far of the game.  Keep in mind I'm only looking for a prettier "notwow" that is polished.  What I can say is that right now, in addition to the perplexing "no queues" situation where the game gives you an error message essentially telling you to go fuck yourself, they have also intermittently suspended character creation on many realms, preventing people from playing together even when they can get on.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: August 27, 2013, 09:43:48 AM

It does have queues. They work. If you get a message saying you are in a queue, leave the game alone and it will get you in before long.

Apparently, however, the queues can only handle a limited number of people. So if too many people are queuing, the game just tells you to go away.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #201 on: August 27, 2013, 10:08:47 AM

Why even bother trying to log on for the first week or so of an MMO launch?

Because MMO players the Stepford wives of the games industry?

Lemming
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: August 27, 2013, 10:10:56 AM

Which ones would those be? The guys using someone else's assets to make money? No love lost.
That would be the LPers who have ads on their channels, and I think it's a dumb move on Squeenix's part.  These guys use the pennies they get from ads to buy the games, hardware, and software needed to upload videos to Youtube, and the last two can be very expensive.  These LPs and reviews on Youtube are free press/word of mouth for Squeenix, so them having such a hard line stance doesn't make much sense to me.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #203 on: August 27, 2013, 12:49:20 PM

Apparently, however, the queues can only handle a limited number of people. So if too many people are queuing, the game just tells you to go away.
awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #204 on: August 27, 2013, 01:14:19 PM

Isn't the point of instancing so that if too many people queue, you just pop another instance?  Facepalm

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: August 27, 2013, 01:49:24 PM

Isn't the point of instancing so that if too many people queue, you just pop another instance?  Facepalm
You can't just pop another server. These aren't zone queues, they're login queues.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #206 on: August 27, 2013, 01:54:29 PM

They need a queue queue to deal with the QQ.   why so serious?

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #207 on: August 27, 2013, 02:25:29 PM

You can't just pop another server. These aren't zone queues, they're login queues.

I will resurrect my refrain from the WoW beta/launch days. HIRE MOR AZNS.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: August 27, 2013, 02:36:09 PM

Since you decided to cherry pick, you left out that they still allow you to do machinimas.  You just can't charge for them or present the models, music or voice work as your own doing or distribute it as "packages" to be sold.

* You may not materially alter or modify the Materials, except:
   *  You may add your own voice-over, and you may edit, combine, mash-up, mix and match the Materials with other FFXIV Materials;

Well it basically stops people making video reviews. I don't know about you but let's plays and VOD reviews guide my games purchasing to a reasonable extent nowadays. I couldn't care about machinmas.

Describing streamers and youtube game reviewers as 'using someone else's assets to make money' seems like a real stretch.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: August 27, 2013, 02:44:35 PM

I will resurrect my refrain from the WoW beta/launch days. HIRE MOR AZNS.
Which has nothing to do with instancing.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  
Jump to: