Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:43:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (Read 338301 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1190 on: October 22, 2014, 04:01:23 PM

There are rumblings that they are gong to go full on with the Inhumans on the show and are setting it up with all the alien stuff which would broaden it out.  I mean, they reference Hellcow FFS.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1191 on: October 22, 2014, 06:32:11 PM

That because dc doesnt give a fuck what they do on tv. I've said from the start that shield has been hamstrung by the quality of characters they can put on the small screen and boy it shows. 

You are not going to see any of the main movie heroes of villains from DC in Arrow or Flash either.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1192 on: October 22, 2014, 08:12:15 PM

Yeah, the Flash is getting the same ratings in the key demos as SHIELD. It's a good thing this show is about more than TV ratings because if it were anything but a Marvel vehicle, it would probably not have lasted the first full season. I'm sure there's a point where the show's ratings will be too bad to take but I don't expect that will be before Age of Ultron.

Agent Bobbi Morse is Mockingbird from the comics and she kicked ASS. Making her a regular is only a good thing though it's not like the show needed more badass women with Ming Na on board. All that strange writing leading to the revelation of the Inhuman city of Attila would be awesome. Would that make Kyle McClachlan into Black Bolt or Maximus the Mad?

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1193 on: October 22, 2014, 09:40:25 PM

... Would that make Kyle McClachlan into Black Bolt or Maximus the Mad?
Given what we've seen... and heard him say...

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1194 on: October 23, 2014, 07:23:11 AM

Agent Bobbi Morse is Mockingbird from the comics and she kicked ASS. Making her a regular is only a good thing though it's not like the show needed more badass women with Ming Na on board.

Ok, now I feel dumb, I knew that name was familiar. Should have recognized the batons. Also explains the quip about her hair color being wrong. Its probably because I actually hated that character in the West Coast Avenger days, because they basically treated her like a tag-a-long character. Who among the group shall save the day? One of the two guys that can lift a bus, or the chick with the sticks? I think they wanted her to be the Black Widow of the WCA, but it just never clicked. Which then comes full circle in an obscure way for me - they had Palicki mimic Widow's post fight scene pose from Iron Man 2? I think it was.

I may like this Mockingbird.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1195 on: October 23, 2014, 09:57:27 AM

... Would that make Kyle McClachlan into Black Bolt or Maximus the Mad?
Given what we've seen... and heard him say...

Yeah, brain fart. If it's the Inhumans, he's Maximus the Mad.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1196 on: October 23, 2014, 11:48:23 AM

Maximus makes sense from a practical reason, too - his abilities would be easy to put on screen. 

They were moving pretty hard towards an Inhumans movie a few years ago, then all discussion of it stopped.  It would certainly make sense for it to drop off the radar if they decided that telling their story made more sense in MAoS - especially as a potential down the road spin off.  I see a pretty obvious progression, if true, that does look like it has been foreshadowed.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1197 on: October 23, 2014, 12:27:21 PM

Someone on Reddit suggested perhaps that McLaughlin was Mr. Hyde, based on the temper issues, and on the origin story for Mr. Hyde's illegitimate daughter: http://marvel.wikia.com/Daisy_Johnson_(Earth-616)

Actually seems quite plausible.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1198 on: October 23, 2014, 12:55:34 PM

Other than the whole ability to absorb alien DNA without a problem thing.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1199 on: October 23, 2014, 01:20:40 PM

Maximus makes sense from a practical reason, too - his abilities would be easy to put on screen. 

They were moving pretty hard towards an Inhumans movie a few years ago, then all discussion of it stopped.  It would certainly make sense for it to drop off the radar if they decided that telling their story made more sense in MAoS - especially as a potential down the road spin off.  I see a pretty obvious progression, if true, that does look like it has been foreshadowed.

Well except Vin Diesel teasing him being in Inhumans not too long ago.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1200 on: October 23, 2014, 03:10:48 PM

Well except Vin Diesel teasing him being in Inhumans not too long ago.
There is that.... I'd forgotten he said that... but then again, they could roll up to Inhumans as a movie in MAoS.

As they have not yet cast Dr. Strange, for which we have a release date out there, and they were apparently talking to Vin about a specific role that has not been announced, there may be something else going on.  I'm wondering if we could get an Inhumans storyline up in MAoS that leads into the Strucker part of Avengers II with a post credits scene actually showing us the Inhumans for the first time at the end of the film.  It could be a fit - seeing Black Bolt recover the Terrigen Crystals that were used to make the 'Miracle' twins.  I wonder if there is anything in that post credit Cap II scene where we might have missed a crystal or mist (other than the crystal in the staff which is likely Gauntlet fodder).

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1201 on: October 23, 2014, 03:46:38 PM

Isn't Joaquin Phoenix Strange, or was that just a rumor?

I am the .00000001428%
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1202 on: October 23, 2014, 03:52:10 PM

If inhumans will ever be a movie it won't be introduced in shield.  Comic books love crossover shit but they will never, ever introduce something on the tv show first to then go to the big screen.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #1203 on: October 23, 2014, 03:56:51 PM

Rumor.  Though, I think he could look the part.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1204 on: October 23, 2014, 04:54:05 PM

Rumor.  Though, I think he could look the part.

He is completely out.  Multi movie deal is what scared him off most likely.   There are rumblings Colin Ferrel is up for the part and am weird suggestion that Andy Serkis could be Doctor Strange already.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1205 on: October 23, 2014, 10:01:33 PM

If inhumans will ever be a movie it won't be introduced in shield.  Comic books love crossover shit but they will never, ever introduce something on the tv show first to then go to the big screen.
I think it depends upon what you mean by introduced.  I could see them taking a piece from TV and moving it into an ensemble movie - and Adrianne Palicki (Mockingbird) confirmed she discussed the potential of Mockingbird to be in movies before she agreed to the role.  The character, after all, is the wife (on and off) of Hawkeye in the comics and a long time Avenger (mostly West Coast).

As mentioned above, I could also see them weaving foundation for an Inhumans movie throughout a few seasons of SHIELD and then making an Inhumans movie that can stand on its own, but also plays well with what we see on SHIELD (like Cap II). 

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1206 on: October 24, 2014, 04:15:32 AM

Serkis is Klaw though ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1207 on: October 28, 2014, 07:56:40 PM

Now Hyrda has also forgotten they have guns.

I WANT to enjoy this show but it is doing it's damnedest to make me hate it.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1208 on: October 28, 2014, 08:21:27 PM

Because hand to hand is more fun to watch then gunfights?  It's also harder to have a bunch of bad asses if they just get shot. 
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1209 on: October 29, 2014, 05:57:52 PM

May had a gun and knife guy disarmed her instantly.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1210 on: November 18, 2014, 07:43:01 PM

Good Ward was boring as shit.

Evil Ward was interesting.

CRAZY
  Ward is fucking amazing.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1211 on: November 19, 2014, 07:43:27 AM

Good Ward was boring as shit.

Evil Ward was interesting.

CRAZY
  Ward is fucking amazing.

Yes good guy ward was horrible. American psycho ward is pretty damn excellent I hope they keep him crazy he is a much better character like this.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1212 on: November 19, 2014, 12:21:42 PM

Agent Cooper is also killing it.  Love him as an addition.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1213 on: December 02, 2014, 08:11:07 PM

Good episode.  I'm always impressed by their location shooting, this time in Puerto Rico.  Nice visuals along with a nice story.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1214 on: December 02, 2014, 08:23:28 PM

He ain't dead till I see a body.

The last few episodes have been very strong, I wonder if it's a script or direction issue or what. Some of the earlier ones are just so... meh.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1215 on: December 03, 2014, 08:36:53 AM

A lot of the early quality issues were similar to last year's early issues: they were products of spending so much time introducing characters and dealing with expository setups. They're setting up stories and characters that should pay off later in the season. I think we'll learn a lot next week... that a lot of us have been speculating TV for a year now. 

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1216 on: December 04, 2014, 10:15:09 PM

It's not even that, it's stuff like my complaint about them forgetting they have guns. The last couple episodes they clearly remembered they had guns and used them when appropriate... and when they didn't use them there were legitimate reasons for not using them.

Where as earlier, they had multiple episodes where they didn't just shoot the problem because uhh... we need a fight scene now. The difference between inventing problems and simply having problems due to their current circumstance. The last few episodes have just been much tighter and thought out.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1217 on: December 07, 2014, 06:41:28 PM

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1218 on: December 07, 2014, 07:07:52 PM

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1219 on: December 08, 2014, 10:54:41 AM

They're willing to put characters on TV that will transition into movies.  Before she accepted Mockingbird, Adrianne Palicki confirmed that there was potential for the character to transition into movies.  She didn't want to take on a TV only Marvel role - she wanted a shot at the big screen.  She agreed to the role because it has a relationship to a character that is in the movies (Hawkeye).

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1220 on: December 08, 2014, 03:56:10 PM

Having the option to as a character into the movies in the future is not that same as reserving a character for the movies.

In one corner you have a D-list hero for a property already established in the movies, who may never be brought up or if they are then not likely in a significant capacity.
In the other you have a new property which has been announced will be made into a movie and one of the more central characters to that property. 

If they lay the groundwork for inhumans in this show I will be very surprised considering when the movie is made it will have to be made presuming no one has ever seen the tv show.  The movie is still years away which means if shield really is starting now then the movie will have a few years of MAoS canon to reckon with not to mention they would be playing their inhumans card maybe too early to help the movie. 

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1221 on: December 08, 2014, 05:34:27 PM

If the movies ever get to a point where they need to use Mockingbird in anything other than a cameo, or put Chloe Bennet in them, that's probably just around the time that audiences will be pretty much done with them and Disney will be looking at a reboot. They've struggled to find screen time for Hawkeye and ways to develop the character and Jeremy Renner is an Academy Award nominated actor. Mockingbird is essentially a less impressive Black Widow. I hope Adrianne Palicki isn't putting all her hopes into getting a major role in an Avengers movie because right now the closest she'll probably come was being in Legion with Paul Bettany.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1222 on: December 08, 2014, 05:59:30 PM

If the movies ever get to a point where they need to use Mockingbird in anything other than a cameo, or put Chloe Bennet in them, that's probably just around the time that audiences will be pretty much done with them and Disney will be looking at a reboot. They've struggled to find screen time for Hawkeye and ways to develop the character and Jeremy Renner is an Academy Award nominated actor. Mockingbird is essentially a less impressive Black Widow. I hope Adrianne Palicki isn't putting all her hopes into getting a major role in an Avengers movie because right now the closest she'll probably come was being in Legion with Paul Bettany.

Unless they spin off West Coast Avengers, Mockingbird won't be anything more than a named SHIELD agent in the background of a Marvel movie.  She'll be lucky if she gets a line or two.  Chloe Bennet is not going to be Crystal, I don't even see how someone would think that's a possibility.  She's not even a minor Inhuman, especially if they eventually tie her to Quicksilver in the movies.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1223 on: December 09, 2014, 02:40:24 PM

A lot of ifs in there, folks...

Crystal could easily be a minor Inhumans character depending upon the stories you tell.  Inhumans have about a dozen major characters with varying degrees of importance depending upon the tale you tell. 

Mockingbird could be a significant movie character - I would not be surprised to see them put her on screen with Hawkeye in Cap III and then spin the two of them off into a Netflix series. 

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1224 on: December 09, 2014, 04:42:51 PM

Inhumans, ANY inhumans are very unlikely to be introduced in the tv show. 

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  
Jump to: