Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Playoffs and Failoffs - First Round Matches Are Go! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Playoffs and Failoffs - First Round Matches Are Go!  (Read 36393 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #70 on: May 07, 2013, 01:22:45 PM

Thursday might actually work.  I get off work at 5:00pm CST and normally have Thursdays free.  If not then, it'll have to be this weekend.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: May 07, 2013, 01:26:35 PM

sounds good! i'll jump on steam when i get home - should be ~6 PST.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #72 on: May 07, 2013, 05:39:32 PM

Managed to talk with Avaia last night just before I went to sleep, was up late because Crusader Kings II eats time.
Turns their wake up time is right in line with when I have to crash for work, so we're now aiming for the weekend.
Just keeping you all up to date because I don't want to stall another failoff  ACK!

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: May 07, 2013, 07:42:49 PM

z22,

So, what day and time next weekend then?

How about Saturday the 18th at 10am my time?
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: May 07, 2013, 10:59:29 PM

z22,

So, what day and time next weekend then?

How about Saturday the 18th at 10am my time?

That should be 3pm my time, see you then.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: May 08, 2013, 12:26:51 AM

I'm 6 hours behind you. 4 pm Saturday would be 10 am my time, which is probably out for me. I'll likely be just waking up and walking the dogs. 21:30 your time is 3:30 pm my time. I would be available after that. Your 1800 is my noon - earliest I'm usually available on Sundays is 11:30 am (so 1730 your time) so it looks like after 4 pm my time (10 pm yours) might work best?

Ok lets go for Sunday 10pm my time.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: May 09, 2013, 08:50:28 PM

Arrrg!  Somebody please please please for the love of (the Horned Rat) god validate Understone Raiders vs. Bring Back the Biff!  I got three skillups and it's just killing me not knowing whether I rolled doubles or not.

No, I'm not addicted to Blood Bowl.  Why do you ask?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:52:19 PM by Jasper »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #77 on: May 09, 2013, 10:05:10 PM

IainC is traveling right now IIRC, and I don't think he delegated me for the failoffs.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: May 09, 2013, 11:28:46 PM

Purple Inferno 4-0 over Biolab Sea Bears.  The Sea Bears had a shitload (like 800k or so) of inducements and bought Morg, a wizard, a half-dozen mercenaries, and I dunno, the menu was so long and off the bottom of the screen that I probably missed something else.   

The wizard's lightning bolt fizzled on Dis, Morg was taken out of the game by Dis on about turn 5, and it alll spiraled downhill from there for the Sea Bears with a continually full KO box throughout much of the game  (they did seem to wake up well, but then just went back in) and demons scampering merrily about the open field.

Somehow through all that, the Sea Bears suffered no deaths.  And all the injuries were to loners.  Christmas Miracle!

The gory stats:

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #79 on: May 10, 2013, 01:56:49 AM

Yeah I'm out until Sunday, will validate all matches then. I have net access but this laptop is a Mac so no BB client.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #80 on: May 10, 2013, 02:57:46 AM

Jesus, 19 knock downs to 1.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #81 on: May 10, 2013, 04:02:55 AM

nm.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 08:37:46 AM by IainC »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: May 10, 2013, 10:20:15 AM

Vermin - 4
G6 Crew - 1

Ymiron's men struggled to pin the rats down, and conceded 2 one turners and 2 defensive rush turnover TDs. The consolation TD was scored by standing in the middle of the pitch and punching things until the sea of rats parted.

No injuries, 2 skaven gutter runners and a norse thrower level up.

And now some stats:

Vermin

32/41 Dodges
1/1 Pass
2/3 Catch
9/13 GFIs
10/23 Blocks

G6 Crew

0/0 Dodges *
0/0 Pass
5/6 Catch
5/5 GFIs
36/72 Blocks

*not a typo, Yniron's crew attempted zero dodges.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #83 on: May 10, 2013, 11:40:30 AM

I don't know how to submit matches in BB Manager.
Here's the replay file.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #84 on: May 10, 2013, 11:45:17 AM

Well there goes our chance of a Necro vs Necro final!  why so serious?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: May 10, 2013, 03:45:36 PM

Quite the upset.

Zara is the best star player for price that cyanide bothered to code in IMO.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: May 10, 2013, 05:17:50 PM

drat it i was looking forward to going back up against lyse with my extra guard  Tantrum
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #87 on: May 10, 2013, 06:02:34 PM

drat it i was looking forward to going back up against lyse with my extra guard  Tantrum

Haha there's always next season Drogg  awesome, for real

Congrats to rk for playing a great game and good luck to all for the rest of the play offs!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: May 10, 2013, 06:42:03 PM

Celer I am about sopping ATM but should be back in few hours. Can't work out the time different off the top of my head but if that's too late I'll be about tomorrow!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: May 11, 2013, 08:38:44 AM

Ok, I seriously can't find the F13 playoff league in BBManager to upload the replay to.  Anybody know whats up?  Can you upload Ingmar?

Hippies 3 - 0 Banned

Game of hilarious dice rolls as both of us got some crazy luck and then some hilarious failures.  I made a shit ton of leaps and almost all my dodges, however, which is what probably tipped me over the top.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: May 11, 2013, 08:54:57 AM

Ok, I seriously can't find the F13 playoff league in BBManager to upload the replay to.  Anybody know whats up?  Can you upload Ingmar?

Hippies 3 - 0 Banned

Game of hilarious dice rolls as both of us got some crazy luck and then some hilarious failures.  I made a shit ton of leaps and almost all my dodges, however, which is what probably tipped me over the top.

I think it was meant that you upload it as day 8+ of the season 7
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: May 11, 2013, 08:59:53 AM

Celer I am about sopping ATM but should be back in few hours. Can't work out the time different off the top of my head but if that's too late I'll be about tomorrow!

Must have missed you, might have been too late.  By the time you wake up, it should be almost evening here, I will be waiting <3
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #92 on: May 11, 2013, 09:18:18 AM

Ok, I seriously can't find the F13 playoff league in BBManager to upload the replay to.  Anybody know whats up?

I think it was meant that you upload it as day 8+ of the season 7

Correct.

Also need the RK47 v Llyse game to be uploaded.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #93 on: May 11, 2013, 09:31:17 AM

i cant figure out how to upload it. nvm got it
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 10:31:53 AM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: May 11, 2013, 09:33:56 AM

Got it.  Unfortunately, I logged back into BB after the match trying to figure shit out, and that appears to have fucked up BBManagers ability to read it.  I tried running the replay like it said, but it didn't fix it.  Ingmar will have to upload...

-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: May 11, 2013, 12:05:15 PM

Hippies vs Vermin then?

I predict touchdowns....

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: May 11, 2013, 06:39:43 PM

In the spirit of finals meltdowns...

FUCK THIS GAME.

I am probably being a really bad sport but I feel like I had this game. I let him score early then slowly fought my way up the pitch to score in the 8th turn. Despite Morg and my MB/Claw/PO troll and my MB and Claw blitzers I only got him down to three KOs though. So he returned with a full squad.

Then in the second half he got a blitz at the kickoff, which I then recovered from, only for him to go on a run of stuns, KOs and injuries - which I was handling, only for double 1s to cause a turnover, from which he got the ball from my thrower, which then happened to bounce into his hands despite him having one around the ball and I three (basically the only square that didn't favour me), which he then ran and handoffed and passed to score.

And then again I was going to recover and score in the 16th to make it 2-2 with a wizard still up my sleeve, only to fail double 1s on the last turn of the game when one square from the endzone.

FARKKKK THIS GAME.

I am pissed off! Twice out in the first week of the finals in a row.

Congrats to Celer.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: May 11, 2013, 07:27:57 PM

In the spirit of finals meltdowns...

FUCK THIS GAME.

I am probably being a really bad sport but I feel like I had this game. I let him score early then slowly fought my way up the pitch to score in the 8th turn. Despite Morg and my MB/Claw/PO troll and my MB and Claw blitzers I only got him down to three KOs though. So he returned with a full squad.

Then in the second half he got a blitz at the kickoff, which I then recovered from, only for him to go on a run of stuns, KOs and injuries - which I was handling, only for double 1s to cause a turnover, from which he got the ball from my thrower, which then happened to bounce into his hands despite him having one around the ball and I three (basically the only square that didn't favour me), which he then ran and handoffed and passed to score.

And then again I was going to recover and score in the 16th to make it 2-2 with a wizard still up my sleeve, only to fail double 1s on the last turn of the game when one square from the endzone.

FARKKKK THIS GAME.

I am pissed off! Twice out in the first week of the finals in a row.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: May 11, 2013, 07:38:02 PM

PLAYOFF UPSET BABY  awesome, for real

The Chemical Elvers hold on against Best With the Mess, 2-1!

The Elvers received first and scored their usual 2-turn TD, the Undead team did not put up much of a fight (almost as if that was the plan...)  The mutants then did a nice slow deathmarch down the field, between Morg and the Troll there were several Elves KO'ed, but luckily for the Elves none really hurt.  The Elves even managed to put a scare into the +ST rat by giving him -ST, but the Apoc saved him.  The equalizer came right at the halftime buzzer, and the Underworld coach seemed to be executing his plan just fine.

A Blitz! event on the ensuing Elven kickoff was helpful, but the kick was deep enough that not even the speedy elven catchers could reach it.  The rats had the ball and formed up a fine cage, but they were well surrounded.  Armor started to break, and several Underworld players were off the pitch in quick succession with elves getting bodies on the ball carrier.  A goblin failed his Dodge roll at an inopportune time, and that's about all the opening the Elves need for some high-class BS.  In 60 seconds, the ball was knocked out, bounced directly into elven hands (praise Nuffle), and a handoff-and-pass later it was a stunning 2-1.

There were still 3 turns to force an OT, and the Elves made a crucial mistake by leaving a crack on their sideline.  Several rats poured through, including the ball carrier (thanks to a quick pass), and all that could be done was some scrambling to form up at the goal line.  Honestly, that's probably how it should have gone, as the elf defense was not great... but it was enough.  They left it up to 3 stunty dodges for OT, and the gobbo came up short.

It was pretty clear to me that lamaros was the better coach here.  But some combination of crucial (absolutely crucial) dice failures and a small XP difference was enough to give me my first Playoff win.  PLAYOFFS!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: May 11, 2013, 11:08:24 PM

To be fair Celer played an excellent defense whenever I had the ball and my final turn was an animosity handoff and three 2+ dodges. Even with dodge and a reroll it wasn't that unlikely I might fail. He used his guard advantage really well too.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: May 12, 2013, 06:24:49 AM

Bleating 3
Wrestlers 0

I managed to take out 3 ogres in the first half with the help of some friendly dice and claw.  I didn't even need a reroll the first half.  I was up 2-0 at the turn and the second half was pretty much mop up time.  

Reborne had a fine snotling toss on turn 14 or 15, but sadly the snot came up a square short of the goal.

Lots of casualties in this match.  I have a dead rotter and one with a damaged back.  Reborne had all but one badly hurt, and that was only a MNG on a snotling.

Stats...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 06:28:37 AM by avaia »
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: May 12, 2013, 10:06:29 AM

Keep Rolling 2, Changer of Minds 0

The dwarves mainly came through here by very lucky die rolls.  A turn 8 touch down by the dorfs which required a 5+ pass and catch, plus a go for it, but the Chaos team had been hurt a little bit by then, and not many of them got up next round, giving the dorfs a strength advantage.

The chaos team almost got an equaliser in the next round, but a failed go for it stopped that, allowing the dorfs to get the ball back, and score again.  At one point only 3 of the Chaos team were on the pitch.

The dwarves take a -1av injury on a level 2 blocker :(
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: May 12, 2013, 11:21:13 AM

PLAYOFF UPSET BABY  awesome, for real

Four matches in and we've lost half the group winners already.

Now we just need the Zellar Dwellerz to see off the Minizillas! DRILLING AND MANLINESS

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #103 on: May 12, 2013, 03:16:27 PM

Yeah, that's not happening.

The Minizillas 3 - Zellar Dwellarz 0

Total utter shutdown. Ridiculous death of 1000 silly skinky cuts. All but 1 of his skinks had diving tackle and every single time it was used, it succeeded. I couldn't dodge for shit. Blocks weren't even remotely close. By the 3rd turn of the game, he had the ball in a skinks hand, had it caged against the sideline with 2 other skinks with diving tackle (making a dodge into a blitz impossible). By the 5th turn, I was just passing turns because it was either risk getting more injuries without affecting the play at all or do nothing. Second half I might have had one chance as I passed to a gutter runner, but he failed his dodge (no diving tackle involved) and it was game over from there. 5 casualties on my side. I think I might have KOed one goddamn skink the whole game.

Fuck Games Workshop for making a game so dependent on dice literally NOTHING I could have done would have made one iota of difference. I wasn't even making mistakes - I had on chance to make a mistake because I was on the backfoot from the get go and every attempted action failed. Also FUCK YOU CYANIDE. I spent my 480k in inducements on a halfling chef and a merc gutter runner. The gutter runner disappeared in the first half - he wasn't even a bench option. Second half, after some guys are injured and KOed, he just appears. Fucking frogs.

Now I get to see if there's anything worth salvaging with this team.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: May 12, 2013, 03:23:08 PM

The Minizilla's 3 - Zeller Dwellerz 0

Sorry to disappoint Eldaec  awesome, for real but if anyone wants to watch a proper nuffle fucking then this is the match and I can only imagine the look of utter disbelief on Haemish's face after this match where I swear not one roll that he needed to make even with re-rolls would come off for him. My dive tackle skinks didn't miss a single tackle, Xhooqs either injured or KO'd pretty much everything he hit .

First half started with a blitz event allowing me to KO a gutter runner and then move 3 markers around the ball landing spot, quickly get possession of the ball then stall out to score on turn 8 while I took all bar about 3 rats off the pitch for the half.

Second half kicked off and 3 KO's stayed asleep plus the 1 injury meant I was facing 8 Rats and made a quick 2 turn touch down. On the next kick off Haemish gets up to 10 players on the pitch but things then start to go downhill as he makes a pass to a gutter runner but a block that would have opened my midfield doesn't work and he has to make a triple dodge which he fails and though I have a few issues recovering the ball eventually I manage it and run up the pitch and the rest of the half is spent decimating the rats scoring another 4 injuries, plus 1 that Haemish inflicted on himself failing a dodge blitz and a few more KO's to score the last TD on my turn 16.

Match is submitted on BBmanager.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:27:00 PM by Ulysees »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Playoffs and Failoffs - First Round Matches Are Go!  
Jump to: