Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:09:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones, Illiterate Edition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones, Illiterate Edition  (Read 36174 times)
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: June 14, 2013, 12:07:58 AM

No, I completely agree that Martin doesn't seem to be killing off people so much as he doesn't save them via deus ex machina or something else along that line. 

Dondarrion? Mystic god brings him back to life.

I'll go back to the dirty book reader's thread now.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: June 14, 2013, 12:10:45 AM

If this is getting so predictable. Non-readers, name 3 people who will die next year.

On a question someone asked above, the books have even more foreshadowing, but it is more subtle, either because it is presented as a more cryptic prophecy or vision, or because it is mixed in with so much extra material it can often slide right by without you noticing until you come to thing being foreshadowed.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #142 on: June 14, 2013, 06:32:31 AM

No, I completely agree that Martin doesn't seem to be killing off people so much as he doesn't save them via deus ex machina or something else along that line. 

Dondarrion? Mystic god brings him back to life.

I'll go back to the dirty book reader's thread now.

awesome, for real

I don't think that counts as deus ex.  But it's been a while since I was involved in theatre and literature and shit.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #143 on: June 14, 2013, 08:17:41 AM

If this is getting so predictable. Non-readers, name 3 people who will die next year.

On a question someone asked above, the books have even more foreshadowing, but it is more subtle, either because it is presented as a more cryptic prophecy or vision, or because it is mixed in with so much extra material it can often slide right by without you noticing until you come to thing being foreshadowed.

Non reader here: Joffrey, The old Greyjoy, and ummm...Tyrion's whore.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #144 on: June 14, 2013, 10:46:51 AM

My three:
Bran, Sansa, and George.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: June 14, 2013, 10:57:32 AM

My Three :  Sansa, Sophie Turner and Sansa.

Wait, what are we talking about ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: June 14, 2013, 12:20:31 PM

Based on people that I like dropping like flies, I'm going to say Tyrion, Bron, and Arya. I know that's not right, but fuck this guy.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #147 on: June 14, 2013, 12:51:23 PM

Three seems way too easy of a challenge given some of the ridiculously heavy-handed foreshadowing done in the last season.   awesome, for real  Two of them are such gimmes that I'm surprised they didn't just do them in the last episode and get them out of the way.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: June 14, 2013, 01:38:31 PM

Feel free to shoot for more than three.

Off the top of my head I can think of...

...characters due to die and a couple more where it depends how far they get.

That spoiler only contains a number.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:53:52 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: June 14, 2013, 03:26:12 PM

What Martin does do wonderfully is create the illusion of that deus ex machina about to happen and make you buy it completely before yanking the rug from underneath you.  Ned is gonna join the nightswatch and be reunited with Jon! nope, fuck you.  Drogo is gonna get brought back by blood magic! nope, fuck you.  Theon is gonna surrender and join the nightstwatch and tell Jon all about Bran and Rickon! nope, fuck you.  Robb's plan is actually quite good he will surely turn things around! nope, fuck you.  Catelyn has a hostage now, surely she will... nope. Cause fuck you.  Yes, retroactively you can say all the deaths were coming, but you are lying if you say there wasn't always a good chance things were going to turn out well.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: June 14, 2013, 04:10:58 PM

Only Ned should've brought that reaction, after that point you should know that no one is safe from their surroundings and circumstance.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: June 14, 2013, 05:36:53 PM

Robb was fucked when he

A. killed karkstark
B. Accepted an invitation to lord freys castle....

I mean no way any good can happen there.

Drogo...err no...I mean anyone who thought dany's decision making wills save him was kidding him/herself

Theon no one liked him so his betrayal was hindsight 20/20 at that point.

Only Ned came as a surprise, considering how seneless and baseless his murder was. All the events leading up to it felt grimmy with your fucked but you didn't want to believe it because you really liked ned and then...he's fucked, and fucked again...can't be fucked a third time, nope perma fucked....
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #152 on: June 17, 2013, 04:49:51 AM

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:46:27 PM by Pagz »
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #153 on: June 23, 2014, 06:45:59 PM

</3
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: June 24, 2014, 03:43:45 AM

If the show was really determined to surprise and be more "realistic", I think stopping to have a conversation with your lover in the middle of a battle would be a good moment to get stabbed from behind.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #155 on: June 24, 2014, 04:29:52 AM

Yeah, I was a bigger fan of the way the books did it.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones, Illiterate Edition  
Jump to: