Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:52:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Scarlet Blade, the future of microtransactions (NSFW) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scarlet Blade, the future of microtransactions (NSFW)  (Read 80354 times)
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

on: April 25, 2013, 08:27:43 PM

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

-Lingerie Unsealer (T)-
    1999 AP

for 20 bucks you can unlock your Arkana's lingerie and get her all naked and ready to adventure.

I have actually been playing this for the past few days. Typical Korean grinder. But as usual, the Koreans are way ahead of us in microtrans and what the avergae player wants.
So embrace the booboofestu!

Edit by Trippy: fixed title
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:03:55 AM by Trippy »

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 08:33:56 PM

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 08:37:08 PM

The American publishers have described it as the MMORPG you can play one handed.
They seem to at least be having fun with the localization.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 08:40:28 PM

Oooh, just like Surgeon Simulator 2013.  awesome, for real

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 08:57:58 PM

I wish I didn't know as much about this game as I do its really fucking lacking in everything but boobs and cool bondage mecha suits.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 12:17:25 AM

How's PvP?

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 12:24:14 AM

pvp occurs in instances that pop once an hour. You click the ready and hope you get in. click fast. Then it's zerg vs zerg standoff. Stray too far and get focused. It was boring. As a defender I could get contribution points by taking damage. So I'd charge the line, do an aoe or two before I died, respawn to do it again.

Played the game for a while waiting for swtor expansion. Boring grinder with the t&a it's only redeeming feature, that is if you like mostly naked girls.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 06:56:17 AM

Once an hour?  Not  since I was a teenager
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 07:35:52 AM

This game is terrible.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 07:45:47 AM

I just looked at that trailer,  never even having heard of this game, and it looks as if it's all girls.  Is it?  Do only pervy men play and ERP each other?  (I only heard of "ERP" the other day on Tera.  People kept saying it and I googled but google didn't help me.  I actually had to ask.  Did we have that acronym in the olden days?  

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 07:59:48 AM

ERP? I'll have to ask for clarification on that term.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 08:15:00 AM

Erotic role play?

I am the .00000001428%
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 08:21:17 AM

Erotic role play?

You should have made him google it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 08:50:01 AM

The fuck you say.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 08:59:09 AM

ERP = Moanguard

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 09:09:10 AM

So I'm not the only one!  Shit, I thought WTF?  How out of touch (hehe) am I?  Then I thought maybe it's just that I don't play these sorts of games (well, not since Lineage 2) and it's an Asian gamer thing.  (I'm also not Asian)  Thanks for making me feel better, Haemish, although we might have been happier within our blissful world of ignorance. 

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 09:36:07 AM

I met an actual real life girl through rp'ing in wow that led to unsavory rp later.

....then I met her husband  ACK!

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 10:14:56 AM

How's PvP?

Awful. Decent progression and mechanically its not the worst but the BG's and personal scoring are fucking stupid in design and incentives. There's also a high level zone that is pvp enabled but its mostly run and gun ganks except that there are also quests in the zone designed to lead to pvp and those are nifty but at the end of the day the whole game is trash. Class balance is bad. Gear is a million times more important than skill etc.

Honestly the best thing going for it is the translation and story, swear to god not at all the worst I've seen in MMO's. I know more about the story of Scarlet Blade than Tera, but it could be the gameplay was so boring and the npc's had such nice tits that I stopped and read/listened to what they had to say in Scarlet Blade unlike any other MMO ever.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 10:25:21 AM

I met an actual real life girl through rp'ing in wow that led to unsavory rp later.

....then I met her husband  ACK!

So far I have this:  You were ERP'ing a Nightelf girl and her husband, an Big Cow or an Ogre or something walked in on you, right?  I'm just guessing at races.  I want to know more.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 10:43:55 AM

I just looked at that trailer,  never even having heard of this game, and it looks as if it's all girls.  Is it?

For now. The original game is out of Korea, and they are introducing the first male character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bhcLeEcfBf0

So eventually I expect that will make it to the American publisher. For now, it's all titties, all the time.

Do only pervy men play and ERP each other?  

You know, part of the reason I tried this thing was a bit of masochism to see how sticky pages the community is.
General chat is suprisingly business as usual. For all that some reviewers are making this game out to be, it's pretty much (IME) WoW or Rift or SWTOR, only with jiggling boobies and ridiculous animu fanservice fashions.
Though I have not grouped because fuck other people, that's why. I'll let someone braver than me explore that.

Oh and rumor has it that there is a nonzero female player population. But of course that's hard to confirm on the internets, since girls don't play video games, y'know.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:51:24 AM by Ratman_tf »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 11:05:19 AM

Oh and rumor has it that there is a nonzero female player population.

Of course there are women playing this. It's not the 80s anymore.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 11:50:06 AM

Of course there are women playing this. It's not the 80s anymore.

It's always the 80's in my heart.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 12:20:32 PM

How's PvP?
I totally didn't expect anyone to seriously answer you.

Though now it's turned into a good snipe hunt  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

That video looks like someone took Lineage 2, downsampled it to Unity and ran it through the GW2 engine. It's a bottom feeding cynical moneygrab I'm sure they're getting rich off of  awesome, for real

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 12:54:29 PM

WHAT?!?  It's not the 80s anymore?  Where have I been for the last 30 years?!?  Oh right.  Mostly stoned. 

nm.

So it'll make them a shit ton of dosh and completely disappear in a few months because of the lack of content - OR - it'll become the new anima-like pedo/pervy social  network and make a shit ton of dosh until the next one comes along, right?  Either way I'm sure you can catch a disease from it.

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 26, 2013, 01:20:23 PM

Hey wrist sprains are nothing to joke about.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 02:04:04 PM

I just did my first PvP game on my Whipper. I whipped the other girls until they screamed and moaned.  awesome, for real

Seriously, I played the Janus battlefield, and it was like a minizerg. No tactics, just run out to the center and everybody see whose zerg is biggest at the moment.
Though I did have a bit of fun pulling other players off their stairs and into our zerg.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 02:30:50 PM

I managed to guess what ERP meant. Is that bad?
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 03:35:15 PM

They're bringing back Many Men Online Role Playing Girls.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 05:20:39 PM

They're bringing back Many Men Online Role Playing Girls.

Bringing it back? 
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #29 on: April 27, 2013, 02:07:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpwBG2Dtpmk

I found this video that sums it up, I think.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 05:23:37 PM

That was really funny!  I watched the whole thing and I almost never watch anything to the end!   

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 06:39:07 AM

oh no its xhamster the video game!!  awesome, for real
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 28, 2013, 07:11:07 AM

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 07:32:18 AM

Oh no...........

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 07:51:40 AM

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Scarlet Blade, the future of microtransactions (NSFW)  
Jump to: