Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:51:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 7: It's the Final Countdown! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 7: It's the Final Countdown!  (Read 38577 times)
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #105 on: April 27, 2013, 06:55:19 PM

Still haven't caught Luckton, but should be able to get a game in 6 hours time
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: April 27, 2013, 09:21:20 PM

Still haven't caught Luckton, but should be able to get a game in 6 hours time

Apologies.  The Mrs. decided that she wanted to go to the beach today, and it's hard to say no to her volunteering to don a swimsuit.   awesome, for real

Should be able to knock this out tomorrow.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #107 on: April 27, 2013, 10:26:10 PM

Getting sand in vagina? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: April 28, 2013, 07:45:07 AM

The Chemical Elvers and The Bell Jar Utd. fought to a 2-2 draw that (most importantly) did not cause any lasting injuries to the playoff-bound elves.  It was supposed to be a game of keep-away, but they ended up really working for that tie though, and got some great elf BS in.

The +ST/+AG elf was MNG for this one, and as the elves kicked off a stray rock BH a Thrower.  The second Thrower was BH a couple turns later as the Amazons did a nice job pushing down the field.  They split the elves up, got the ball in a tight little cage, and pushed in for the early lead.  The elves got some good block dice on their possession and were able to immediately burst through the lady-line and get a few receivers in range for what became a 2-turn TD just before halftime (despite the lack of a proper thrower).

The second-half elven offensive was spoiled by a Perfect Defense that was... well perfect for the Amazons.  The elves were stymied at the line as the ball sat on their own goal line for a couple turns.  Some pressure was applied and it caused a mistake, as the elves left the ball uncovered, and a Dodge/pick-up/GFI later they'd given up a defensive TD.  The next kickoff started with the girls remaining on their feet and pressing forward toward the ball (this time leaving the receivers uncovered).  One made an incredible Dodge/GFI/GFI 1D Blitz against a Blodger with the ball that put the elf ball-carrier on the ground, and things looked grim.  But that elf WOULD NOT BE DENIED, as he picked himself up, had a Dodge/GFI/GFI of his own (with a pick-up in the middle), and was able to hand the ball off to another make-shift passer.  The last-ditch interception failed, and the elves equalized to end the game.

I meant to play this very conservatively, but you know how it is once you get in-game.  If one of those silly GFIs had broken someones neck I would have cried... but as it stands, all elf players are ready for Round 1 of the playoffs, and 2 of them will have shiny new skills!

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: April 28, 2013, 08:48:45 AM

And my match went as I predicted.  Lost my lvl 4 Zerker and Kicker lineman.  My cost of entry into the playoffs has been payed, I suppose.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: April 28, 2013, 08:58:50 AM

Another close match but Alive not Dead win a flattering 3-0 over luckton's Ymir G6 crew.

Match report to follow.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: April 28, 2013, 09:04:54 AM

At the very least, I had the funds to replace my dead, and Zerker's start off with a strong skill set.  He was bound to die eventually with the -AV injury that he carried for the longest time.  Also, my pet yhetee picked up Mighty Blow.

Guard is OP, rabble, rabble, rabble.   why so serious?

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: April 28, 2013, 09:12:20 AM

At the very least, I had the funds to replace my dead, and Zerker's start off with a strong skill set.  He was bound to die eventually with the -AV injury that he carried for the longest time.  Also, my pet yhetee picked up Mighty Blow.

Guard is OP, rabble, rabble, rabble.   why so serious?

Tell me about it, Beardstorm/First Presidents why do you think I have so much guard!  why so serious?

Yeah, Dufa the Cute killed Calvin too except he managed to regen...  DRILLING AND MANLINESS awesome, for real
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: April 28, 2013, 09:16:59 AM

I think that means Luckton gets to beat up my rats?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: April 28, 2013, 09:17:56 AM

I'm just saying it should work like Tackle; regardless of how many Guards are around, only one gets to contribute to the Block attempt per side.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: April 28, 2013, 09:45:49 AM

The Mrs. was concerned about me when I let out an audible groan when my zerker hit the pitch in a death kneel.  I told her what happened, and she said "well isn't that the point of the game?" 

I was like "Well...yeah, but...

Heartbreak

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: April 28, 2013, 05:22:49 PM

The Mrs. was concerned about me when I let out an audible groan when my zerker hit the pitch in a death kneel.  I told her what happened, and she said "well isn't that the point of the game?" 

I was like "Well...yeah, but...

At least you got some of your own back and killed poor Dominic the Stalwart Linezombie. 53 matches Block, Tackle, Fend zombie.

Rest in peace my friend. Heartbreak
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: April 28, 2013, 08:47:31 PM

End of the road for me I think.
Play off spot with 1900+ TV necro that is fully loaded with an array of Blodge, Tackle, Strip Ball, Sure Hands, Guard Golems with Block.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #118 on: April 28, 2013, 08:55:38 PM

Looks like I'm playing Drogg in the first round?  Fuck.  He's going to enjoy this.  And I'm not.  Oh well, I had a good run with a TV1000 team.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #119 on: April 28, 2013, 09:21:50 PM

Me, 400k inducements, and some wood elves, sounds good. Claw will be useless!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: April 28, 2013, 09:24:10 PM

Please kill some wardancers for me Ingmar  awesome, for real
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: April 28, 2013, 09:25:24 PM

Unfortunately I have a major tackle shortage.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: April 28, 2013, 09:27:08 PM

I did donate a lot of SPP to Ingmar for that.
Not sure why no Tackle yet.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: April 28, 2013, 09:34:52 PM

Had to get everyone block first, almost none of them started with it (in retrospect I kind of wish I'd given a couple zombies wrestle instead though.) I'd have tackle on Sinij if he hadn't rolled doubles.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #124 on: April 28, 2013, 10:49:48 PM

More like 200k then.  I believe I'm about to retire Nealtor before hitting the play offs.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: April 29, 2013, 03:23:51 AM

Apologies to my opponent Carnifex but I am going to have to forfeit my match as I won't be able to play during the week and next weekend I am away visiting family so the joys of a transatlantic competition mean that for the first time I am most definately not going to be able to schedule my match within the time limit or indeed even if given a weeks extension (since it doesn't affect the playoffs in my division I don't see the point of asking for a 2 week extension which delays the start of the main event).

So if IainC is ok with it then I forfeit my match for this round.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: April 29, 2013, 08:13:11 AM

I DEMAND both Lizard teams bash each other to PULP
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #127 on: April 29, 2013, 10:00:34 AM

Oh yeah, FYI, I'm leaving for my trip to Vienna and Prague tommorrow.  I won't be back till Sunday night.  So, no games for me till then.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: April 29, 2013, 10:01:30 AM

I DEMAND both Lizard teams bash each other to PULP

This.  There can be only one.  /highlander

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #129 on: April 29, 2013, 10:34:30 AM

I'm fine with a forfeit, it does change the rankings for the playoffs however but not in a way that affects who is going or staying.

With the forfeit, Carnifex goes to 2nd in the division as he beats Megrim in a tie (the head to head was a tie but Carnifex has a TD difference of +9 while Megrim has +5). For comparison's sake, if the game had been played and Carnifex lost he would have been 4th as Celer beat him in the head to head, if the game was a tie then Carnifex would be 3rd.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #130 on: April 29, 2013, 01:35:20 PM

How did this go unremarked?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: April 29, 2013, 02:01:40 PM

why so serious?

We also have a major dirty-minded Brit shortage?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: April 29, 2013, 03:42:59 PM

How did this go unremarked?

I thought it was deliberate and you don't reward those who set themselves up thusly.

As stated earlier, I am just fine with playing Celer instead of Carnifex, so forfeit away!! (also it seems like there is no viable other option).
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #133 on: April 29, 2013, 04:06:05 PM

Ruvaldt and I tied, 0-0. BEST GAME OF THE SEASON WOOOOOOOOO

Only one real injury, my level 3 lineman, Buff Drinklots, broke his hip. He also hogged the MVP, because it's not like I wanted that on my shitty werewolf or anything (to be fair, his lack of block only caused one turnover today, and it was one that didn't hurt me).

God Save the Horn Players
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #134 on: April 29, 2013, 04:09:58 PM

The First Ladies 0 - 0 The Mutiny

A pretty unremarkable game in which I just couldn't get anything going.  It seemed like all I could do was push the brawny norsemen around the pitch all match.  There was a brief moment at the end of the second half in which I thought I had her when I finally used my wizard, but it was for naught.  Even Eleanor couldn't gallop fast enough to score in the end.  Highlights of the game include my mino getting knocked down by three of his own blitzes on both down/both down or skull.  He ended up just getting injured on round 9, and that was probably for the best.  At least he couldn't embarrass himself anymore.

It was a good game, and I hope Sjofn goes into the Failoffs feeling a bit refreshed after a game in which Nuffle didn't kick her while she was down.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #135 on: April 29, 2013, 04:19:53 PM

Even when you could knock me over, you weren't getting anything meaner than a stun for the most part.  That +str centaur is a pain in the butt, I'm glad I managed to throw enough bodies in the way to slow her down in the first half. :P

Actually looking forward to the failoffs now, now that I have remembered that sometimes the dice are kind. I'm like a fucking battered housewife.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: April 29, 2013, 04:20:29 PM

And now you're going to beat up on Falc's feminists! That just ain't right.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: April 29, 2013, 04:34:00 PM

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #138 on: April 29, 2013, 04:51:29 PM

You're creepy.

z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: April 29, 2013, 05:12:42 PM

Being the new nub around here, how does the GhettoBowl (Failoffs?) work?  I can't let my fellow basement dwellers down, I almost have my full second replacement of Black Orcs ready to be murdered!
 shocked
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 7: It's the Final Countdown!  
Jump to: