Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:45:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  (Read 375863 times)
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #980 on: March 06, 2019, 01:02:59 PM

The nightwave stuff does have the advantage of not having to be present and capable of doing the alert for the specific item you want. At the same time a lot of the points come from high-end and group activities I don't really want to do.... so suspect I will just accept I will never see the end of the ranks.

Went to Fortuna for the first time (been away from Warframe for quite a while) and it's very pretty and some of the activities are fun. But it seems a lot of space for a relatively limited amount of gameplay and I'm not sure what I want the rep for.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #981 on: March 06, 2019, 01:14:42 PM

Went to Fortuna for the first time (been away from Warframe for quite a while) and it's very pretty and some of the activities are fun. But it seems a lot of space for a relatively limited amount of gameplay and I'm not sure what I want the rep for.
Kitguns and Moas.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #982 on: March 07, 2019, 07:23:52 PM

Also it's great if you like dicking around in an open space instead of racing to an objective or defending an objective for N minutes. The Plains done better.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #983 on: April 12, 2019, 08:25:58 AM

With the release of Mesa Prime obviously it's time to put my original Mesa out to pasture.  I just wanted to share this image and say thanks again to Trippy who originally gifted her to me.  She is my most used frame with about 324 hours of play time with her at this point (not counting the Prime version).

most often known as Drevik
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #984 on: April 12, 2019, 09:44:23 AM

That Radio Lady induced me to forma my Arca Plasmor, Amprex, and Limbo Prime all at the same time. She is the devil.

Once I get that sorted out, I still haven't gotten the Octavia Neuroptics from the Derelict and so will try that horseshit again unless Radio Lady demands more sacrifices. She will.

The rest of the chore list is another brand of horseshit, such as getting drops from juggernauts and playing the Index. I hate the Index.

Maybe I'll stumble over a Mesa Prime while I'm fucking around.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #985 on: April 12, 2019, 10:12:52 AM

Sounds like the consoles are lagging behind the PC in terms of Nightwave week activities. If you have Gara you can block your goal to keep the enemy from scoring if you have that Elite task. Not sure what that Juggernaut-related task is but Valkyr is easy safe mode against Juggy.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #986 on: April 12, 2019, 11:31:19 AM

The Juggernaut and Index chores are from quests, not the voice in my head.

I don't have Gara but I can do basically what I want with impunity as Limbo. Juggernaut defeat is easy enough, it's the grind to get them to appear that makes me groan.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #987 on: April 12, 2019, 12:06:31 PM

Oh in that case it helps to have Itzal and the Velocitus for the end of the quest line involving Juggernauts and you may want to read a walkthrough about the Index quest missions as the win conditions change in annoying ways.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #988 on: April 14, 2019, 10:16:49 PM

Some crazy friends of mine dragged me along to multiple Index runs a couple weeks back (during double-credits time with double-credits boosters) and I walked in with about 200K credits and left with like 6.7M credits, which is proving to last me a goodly long while.  I bailed early, they were aiming to raise at least 20M that weekend.

I'm presently dealing with a new difficulty cliff around lv35-45 missions and the Void past Sedna which is rather brutal.  Rhino's 3500 pts iron skin no longer lasts terribly long.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #989 on: April 14, 2019, 11:55:40 PM

As someone who might be tempted to get into this as something to play around with, I have 2 questions:

A: How Noob friendly is this to get started in
B: If I own a PS4, does the steam version and the PS4 version share account info, or are you basically forced to chose a platform and you are then stuck with it?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #990 on: April 15, 2019, 12:02:34 AM

As someone who might be tempted to get into this as something to play around with, I have 2 questions:

A: How Noob friendly is this to get started in
Not very n00b friendly though it's better than it was. Be prepared to use the Wiki (which is very good) a lot or just ask questions here. In game chat on PC is very helpful too. Don't know how it is on PS4 but I assume not as many people have keyboards to chat with hooked up.

B: If I own a PS4, does the steam version and the PS4 version share account info, or are you basically forced to chose a platform and you are then stuck with it?
You are forced to choose a platform.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #991 on: April 15, 2019, 07:57:23 AM

You'll want to do voice on PS4. Does the Master Race chat via keyboard?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #992 on: April 15, 2019, 09:58:30 AM

You'll want to do voice on PS4. Does the Master Race chat via keyboard?
PUGs on PC do — it’s rare for somebody to use the built in voice chat in that situation. Clans will use their own voice chat normally.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #993 on: April 23, 2019, 09:17:20 AM

Similarly I voice with my friends via PSN party and ignore the rest of the randoms. Warframe is easily played when no one is chatting at all, which is one reason I like it so.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #994 on: April 23, 2019, 05:39:44 PM

So, playing this again. Cons - Warframe seems to believe that adding a stupid unkillable unit and not realize you are pissing people off.  They had the Bursa back when i quit the last time and now they have a guy called "the Woof of Saturn Six" a guy with thousands of points of Armour, damage resistance, immunity from status effects and the ability (about 6%) to appear in any fucking Mission you are doing. This results ih basically everyone getting killed an he mission ruined as everyone is invariably using crappy weapons you are just leveling for Mastery, so killing ths fucking monster is beyond you. Or you are doing a high level survival mission in which point you get the level 75 version. Woohoo 86% damage reduction!

So I've taken to bringing along an anti-wolf hand to hand weapon. Rapid hitting "Shattering impact" to reduce his armour with every impact. And lots of radiation damage which he is weak to.

Pros. Well I was looking around the maps and seeing whats new in the couple of years since I last played. "huh, whats Fortuna? Affiliation - Tenno. Ok might as well have a look at it... what this, a cut scene?"

*2 minutes later*

"WE ALL LIFT TOGETHEEEEEEEEER!!!"

Freaking hell, that was just brilliant. That shows a degree of heart I haven't seen in a game in a long time. I've been listening to the song since.

I have to admit, the whole Fortuna thing is pretty well done. Both is and the plains of Elidon are really beautiful maps too. Of course it all leads into the fact that are trying to get you to hand over money for platinum, as you become afraid to join a group as everyone else is using archwings, as as a clanless git you don't have a clan lab to get the launcher.

So, one frienzied bit of selling off my old Prime bits via the Warframe Market website later I have the plat to take to the skies! And a hoverboard as well as it's kinda cool. So having fun. Still a very well crafted game.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 05:44:25 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #995 on: April 23, 2019, 08:33:00 PM

Everyone complains about the Wolf but the only time I've sen him I was solo on Khora and my kavats shredded his armour, strangledome CC'd the adds and I melee'd him and shredded him with ranged when he did his big telegraphs.

Not a hard fight really... but I had the right frame at the right time.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #996 on: April 23, 2019, 08:42:04 PM

Ya, I'm probably gonna do my weapon leveling with Titiana till he buggers off, as she has different weapons when she transforms and I've set up those as anti-Woof, so I can whip those out as needed. And she has cc powers as well.

But seriously, he turned up 3 effing times on one night when i was doing Helene on Saturn. And then I tried to join a survival on Mot and there he was as well wiping the floor with the Survivalists with his level 75 wang.

Nice thing is there are now new frames to grind for so my interest is rekindled. Looking forward to finding out how to get Khora.  why so serious?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:44:09 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #997 on: April 24, 2019, 04:34:48 AM

I'm in a mostly inactive clan I can invite you to if you want to grab some BPs.  IGN is Drevik just message me on Discord if I'm not on EWSpider#8504.

most often known as Drevik
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #998 on: April 27, 2019, 01:43:39 AM

I'm in a mostly inactive clan I can invite you to if you want to grab some BPs.  IGN is Drevik just message me on Discord if I'm not on EWSpider#8504.

Thnaks but I got randomly invited to a clan which seems to be fully developed and has sonthing like 900 members. so I think I'm ok on that score.

Hic sunt dracones.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #999 on: May 10, 2019, 10:13:24 PM

Ya, I'm probably gonna do my weapon leveling with Titiana till he buggers off, as she has different weapons when she transforms and I've set up those as anti-Woof, so I can whip those out as needed. And she has cc powers as well.

But seriously, he turned up 3 effing times on one night when i was doing Helene on Saturn. And then I tried to join a survival on Mot and there he was as well wiping the floor with the Survivalists with his level 75 wang.

Nice thing is there are now new frames to grind for so my interest is rekindled. Looking forward to finding out how to get Khora.  why so serious?
Finally ran into his sorry ass with a non-gimped loadout and of course he didn't drop anything.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1000 on: May 11, 2019, 05:40:49 PM

Finally ran into his sorry ass with a non-gimped loadout and of course he didn't drop anything.
Oh didn't realize there was going to be a Wolf farm alert/event. But of course the BP and motor will never drop for me so it doesn't really matter.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1001 on: May 12, 2019, 03:12:16 PM

I don't think it's an uber weapon... but those who farmed it when he had a 6% chance of appearing in a mission, or who paid large amounts of plat at that time, must be salty he is now farmable. Got mine in the oven anyway.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1002 on: May 13, 2019, 08:27:41 AM

Wolf is a pain in the ass, but don't do like I did and forma everything all at once then have him find you on Helene.

Got the Octavia Neuroptics this past weekend. Baking up some musical goodness.

Spent some time looking for Volt Prime/Loki Prime parts and as usual am incomplete.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1003 on: June 01, 2019, 01:07:37 AM

Almost 3 years playing and I've finally unlocked all the planets. My anti-archwing mindset blocked a few of the paths off and I just couldn't be bothered. Bit the bullet and solo'd through almost everything - apparently bosses are easy when you have every frame as an option - Ambulus was my last hit and mesa just chewed through the (boring) mission.

Now I just have to get over my hate of archwings so that I can do the MR25 test.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1004 on: June 18, 2019, 08:34:57 PM

Just wanted to share that after 757 hours playing I finally got my first Hate blueprint drop. Still no Despair blueprint drop, though.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1005 on: June 18, 2019, 09:09:36 PM

Just wanted to share that after 757 hours playing I finally got my first Hate blueprint drop. Still no Despair blueprint drop, though.

oh, this is where you've been
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1006 on: June 18, 2019, 10:05:44 PM

Haha, no, most of that was a few years back between 2014 - 2015.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1007 on: June 19, 2019, 07:04:28 AM

That is the one I don't have, also.

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #1008 on: July 06, 2019, 10:16:06 PM

Super cool impressive stuff from Tennocon.

Showed off Railjack/Empyrean and all the highly awesome systems that fit into it. Wukong Prime and the Duviri Paradox. New War shown with a little more detail of it shown in the art panel. The new sentient enemies are hilarious/cool.

Proper Tennocon Stream happens around 30 minutes in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbw9p4q82b8

Shorter videos of Railjack/Empyrean here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v8B3O17NAs

and Duviri Paradox here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DObN_3ha6M

New War trailer -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZW4cfsB6Pw

Wukong Prime [which comes with Ninkondi Prime and Zhuge Prime] which are out now with the new Nightwave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2DQHK_LrsU

New New player cinematic too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O-yCnQKYhM

Have a bonus picture of the next two Warframes

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1009 on: August 31, 2019, 08:59:37 AM

So Gauss is out. He looks pretty much the same as that picture except they have added what is effectivly a huge handlebar moustache on the sides of his head which sticks out into the air, which makes him look a little rediculous. It only seems to stick out when he is using his powers so its probably not that bad. I dont have him yet because fuck hype fueled grinding.

They have also added 6 disruption nodes to planets, ANd you can get 2 new weapon parts from a couple of them. So grind baby!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 01:22:22 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1010 on: August 31, 2019, 12:48:33 PM

Warfarm in full effect. I might have moved on.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1011 on: November 01, 2019, 08:33:06 AM

Ok, I haven't played it yet but a brand new gameplay expansion just hit warframe. The patch list is apperently 21 pages long so eeek.

The cliffnotes version.

The Plains of eidolon has a new breed of Kavat. You take your own Kavat in there during the night and find some of them, then wait till it gets bit (it glows red) then you go back to your orbiter and get a scan off it to make a gubbins, and you do it again. 2 gubbins, and you can make a new type of Kavat that can res you and heal itself by draining health. In warframe terms, that's practically a gift

For those who want to suffer, you have the new Frame, Grendel. It can suck in enemies to regain health vomit them back out as a projectile, and other stuff (what do you want from me, to actually READ the patch notes?) You do arbitrations till you can buy the keys with Arbi money, then you ise the keys to get access to special missions which give you a chance at a component. GRIND, BABY!!!

You also can get a new heavy blade that has good stats in Crit and Status, and looks like a toilet cleaner.

The "Old blood" part of the thing is that you get a "personal Villain" called a Kuva Lich, that absorbs powers that you use on it and adds them to its arsenal of powers. You have to use a speial blade mounted on every frame to kill it, and that means huntiung down the special mods needed for the blade to do it. The blade is also used in hacking. Killing the Kuva Lich gives Kuva Relics that have to be unlocked on the Kuva Fortress, which give you access to Kuva weapons, which I'm sure are Kuvatastic. You can also get those relics from Kuva missions at a rather low chance.

Melee has been reworked, and Condition overload has been nerfed into uselessness. The howls of mourning echo through the stars. People are not reporting it as being particularly good so far. I liked Melee the way it was, tbh.

Also the Catchmoon kitgun has received a long awaited Nerf. :( Ember and Vauban have been reworked. Vauban can do an Orbital Strike!!! WOOOO!!

The latest Prime release is Atlas Prime, along with Dethcube prime and the Mellee Mastery fodder weapon Tekko Prime.

All weapons now have a eximus slot for you to unlock so git grinding Simaris rep!!

Youtube vid with Proper info rather than my yammering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qo5EAtODVw

For those who want to read something at work, heeeere's PATCHY!

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1136784-update-26-the-old-blood/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 11:04:42 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1012 on: November 01, 2019, 08:56:54 AM

This game.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1013 on: November 01, 2019, 04:54:12 PM

This is what happens when I am focussed on my Destiny 2 part of the Warframe/Destiny 2 cycle.

I still haven't touched Atlas Prime or whatever the running man was, I'm just logging in for the bonuses. Condition Overload nerf sounds like ass, I actually thought melee was in a good place.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1014 on: November 01, 2019, 11:32:16 PM

Ok played a bit.

I was wrong about Grendel. Apparently the new missions you get give a guaranteed component, and cost 25 Arbitration essence each, so you are working towards a set goal. The missions are odd in that you cnt use Mods at all in them, any you have on wont work, aside from augments. So you are relying on your weapons and abilities only. The mission give Lore on Grendel. I read a comment saying the missions had a destiny 2 feel.

The Kuva Liches are in... and I havent done anything with them. I was wrong on the details. Basically you go to any grineer mission, 20+ and a target spawns, you kill it and its active. The "Kuva Relics" are requiem relics and give paragon mods that can be put into the "Assasins blade/Robocop Tool." You need a certain combination to fully kill your Kuva Lich if it appears in your mission, and you get a clue by killing its thralls. If you dont have it and you try to finish it, it will kill you instead and grow stronger.

The Problem is that there are around 13 or so weapons you can get from killing these guys, all of them give mastery rank, so the Game indirectly encourages you to just spawn and kill them over and over as fast as possible to get that SWEEET mastery goodness rather than have a system to nurture a truly dangerous nemesis. The only reason to max out your lich is to get a powerful companion, that will pop up to help you occasionally, which is what happens when you spare the Lich rather than kill it. The weapons themselves are cool, and have variable stats, so I'm sure the "best stats" are being worked out.

The other problem is that the thing is static. While the Lich larva can pop up randomly, atter you spawn the Lich it does not grow organically. You have to decide to attack it with the wrong combination (killing the Lick is never a requirement to finish a mission) so it will never grow on power if you ignore it. You have to decide to do the missions where thralls spawn to get it mad enough to attack you. Basically its totally dependent on you what it does. It will never grow organically in power to surprise you or turn up like the stalker. While this is good in one sense, I feel it would have been a better idea to give some life tot he universe if the thing was a bit more dynamite. Right now its just a rather ugly lawn decoration that you have to wind up.

Like I said I haven't actually spawned a Lich myself but I'm fairly confident at this description. Oh you can use the blade on any enemy at low health as you will get a prompt to "mercy kill" it. Personally, I dont like that as it breaks the emersion a little to see a prompt pop up, and the Mercy kill does not seem to have any advantage (bar the mercy kill animation) over doing the standard weapon finishers, which are cooler.

Melee... ok a lot has changed under the hood. If, like me, you just like hitting Q a lot swinging the weapon about, then then not much has changed on that score. In fact, that part feels better than before and combos seem easier to perform. What;s changed is that by holding down the Swap key you can go into Melee mode, and then you can pull blocks and so on (I may be misunderstanding this still have to experiment) The real meat of the changes is under the hood, where the combo counter are now slowly built up and burned at once to unleash a heavy attack, rather than increasing your damage as it builds up. This has affected things that rely on the combo counter number as the number is a lot harder to build up now.

Condition overload has been altered so that the multipliers dont get so high now, but seems to be still viable to a point. It seems to have really affected builds for hour long endurance runs.

The Zenistar weapon, one of the few interesting utility weapons in the game, has been nerfed into the ground, as now the Disk only lasts 10 seconds for every combo counter number at the moment of launch, and it does not travel as far. Since its really hard to build the combo number as the blade is slow with the Disk attached, this has made it fairly useless.

Catchmoon is still viable. The damage falloff has been brought right up to you and the range has been reduced a lot, but the damage is the same so as a close in gun the Catchmoon is still the business. Its just not able to kill stuff at medium range anymore. All in all its livable.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 11:49:13 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  
Jump to: