Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:54:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  (Read 375856 times)
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #805 on: October 17, 2017, 12:24:45 PM

The game play has been pretty fun, but being forced to choose a frame you don't really want to play in order to get anywhere is really stupid.  I'd like to try the Mesa warframe, but it looks like I have several days of playtime left to go before I can even begin farming for the components I need.  I guess this is there way of forcing you to spend money?

most often known as Drevik
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #806 on: October 17, 2017, 03:09:17 PM

Nobody is forcing you to spend money but yes their F2P model is pay for some cosmetics and to grind less.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #807 on: October 17, 2017, 11:26:17 PM

I'm 50-50 on the frames I own (all except Excal Prime). I don't mind dropping money to have fun but I also like a challenge and do the quests for the frames or go hunting.

It can be FTP or PTP, your choice. Not sure I'd go Mesa first, Rhino is great fun for starting out.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #808 on: October 18, 2017, 05:35:59 AM

Rhino is easy to get too as well, just git the Venus boss over and over till it spits out the components. Mesa is a PITA, you would be better off buying it.

Hic sunt dracones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #809 on: October 19, 2017, 12:58:47 PM

EWSpider. Add me "Talendro" in game and I'll help you get to Rhino. I'm on Aussie time though

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #810 on: October 19, 2017, 01:00:25 PM

BTW fuck PoE. It's just not fun right now - I'd rather do old school missions because I don't want to invest in the MMO aspect of PoE. I'm too old for that shit

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #811 on: October 19, 2017, 01:58:53 PM

It's not even an MMO. It's just a crazy amount of additional grinding on top of the already copious amounts of grinding. It's unfortunate Focus 2.0 is gated behind PoE. Otherwise I could ignore PoE except to do some (solo) bounty missions just for fun. As I mentioned earlier PoE is not a good place to do the normal grind stuff like XP, Endo, Syndicate standing, etc.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #812 on: October 19, 2017, 02:02:40 PM

EWSpider. Add me "Talendro" in game and I'll help you get to Rhino. I'm on Aussie time though

Request sent.  Rhino doesn't really appeal to me, but I just today figured out why my Mastery rank wasn't going up (I was playing with max level frame and gear lol).  So I guess if nothing else I could level it to 30 just for the Mastery XP.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #813 on: October 19, 2017, 02:31:34 PM

Yes, it's always good to be working on your MR as a "background task", at least until you get to like MR 12 which will allow you to use the Syndicate Primary weapons:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #814 on: October 20, 2017, 01:31:31 PM

I'm a little annoyed with how few weapon inventory slots you get.  I've bought 2 additional slots already with the free plat.  Should I just sell sub-optimal weapons after leveling them to 30 for the MXP?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #815 on: October 20, 2017, 01:53:39 PM

In general yes, if you don't want to buy more slots.

However I think you might be able to gift slots now. Are you on PC and if so what's your in-game name?
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #816 on: October 20, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

However I think you might be able to gift slots now. Are you on PC and if so what's your in-game name?

Yes, on PC as Drevik.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #817 on: October 20, 2017, 03:22:40 PM

You get some slots with the anniversary weapons... but I'm not sure if they are just for those weapons or remain if you delete them. Slots are a good buy and if you wait until the daily reward is a 50 or 75% off on platinum you can have enough for the things (mostly slots) that add to quality of life.

The MR system encourages you to play with every weapon and frame, and it can be oddly satisfying deleting a weapon you didn't like too much when it reaches 30.

If you want access to the clan frames and weapons happy to invite you to the old f13 clan, though they tend to require resources from later in the game to make I think.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #818 on: October 20, 2017, 03:27:39 PM

Yes, on PC as Drevik.
Alrightly expect some gifts after around 9 PM Pacific Time tonight from Okono.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #819 on: October 20, 2017, 04:11:01 PM

You get some slots with the anniversary weapons... but I'm not sure if they are just for those weapons or remain if you delete them. Slots are a good buy and if you wait until the daily reward is a 50 or 75% off on platinum you can have enough for the things (mostly slots) that add to quality of life.

The MR system encourages you to play with every weapon and frame, and it can be oddly satisfying deleting a weapon you didn't like too much when it reaches 30.

If you want access to the clan frames and weapons happy to invite you to the old f13 clan, though they tend to require resources from later in the game to make I think.

I'll definitely buy some plat if I get a 75% reward, but yeah I'm not sure some weapons are really worth keeping once they hit 30 and they aren't visually appealing or as powerful as something you already have.  Please do invite me when you get a chance, would love to check out the Dojo.  Made it to Pluto so far so I don't think I'm too far off from being able to get most materials.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #820 on: October 20, 2017, 04:11:24 PM

Yes, on PC as Drevik.

Thanks!

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #821 on: October 20, 2017, 04:23:31 PM

Added you.

I can't bear to throw away completed weapons (or frames) Nuts I know but I take a perverse enjoyment from making them work.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #822 on: October 20, 2017, 04:28:59 PM

The MK1's are the only ones I've sold off, I think.

You never know when DE will buff the stats, release a weapon-specific mod or allow you to dual wield something that's currently not so good.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #823 on: October 20, 2017, 06:09:23 PM

In as Rendakor; sent friend requests to Trippy and EWSpider.

It seems I picked Mag as my first Frame way back in the day, so I have that and the Frost Prime free one.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #824 on: October 20, 2017, 08:01:41 PM

I deleted weapons that I didn't actively like without a stab of conscience. They are just mastery fodder to me. A great place for level them up is Heluene on Saturn, that hits the sweet spot for XP earned and difficulty of the Mobs. Especially if you are solo as it's a popular place for grinding so you will fall into a team no problem/

I think the anniversary weapons come with their own slots. I think I have 20 slots or so.

I don't toss frames unless I manage to get the prime version of them, at which point I toss the standard version. Slots are very reasonably priced anyway.

Hic sunt dracones.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #825 on: October 20, 2017, 09:31:51 PM

Yes, on PC as Drevik.
Thanks!
Oops there's a daily gifting limit awesome, for real

I'll send more tomorrow evening.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #826 on: October 21, 2017, 08:59:15 AM

Oops there's a daily gifting limit awesome, for real

I'll send more tomorrow evening.

Waking up to play today was like Christmas morning.  Thanks again!

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #827 on: October 21, 2017, 10:33:43 AM

Not sure if lucky, but I got all the Rhino parts in 3 runs.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #828 on: October 21, 2017, 11:27:13 AM

BTW for the newcomers or those that need some extra credits you should link your account to your Twitch account and then keep open as many Warframe streams as your bandwidth and system can handle (tip: view them at 160 res). The Latron blueprint is the 2nd most common drop after the Starburst (drops about half as often as the Starburst) and you can sell your extra copies for some credits:

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #829 on: October 21, 2017, 11:48:32 AM

You get passive items from viewing Twitch streams?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #830 on: October 21, 2017, 11:55:48 AM

For Warframe streams yes, if your accounts are linked. When the streamer completes an achievement you'll get a reward. That why you see a lot of people with new accounts streaming Warframe right now (more achievements to unlock when you are new).
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #831 on: October 21, 2017, 01:31:28 PM

Actively enjoyed deleting weapons I did not like the gameplay of when they reach 30. It's amazing how easy it is for video games to trigger that feeling of achievement.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #832 on: October 21, 2017, 02:24:54 PM

Just noticed I had all the parts for Oberon.  Started building him as well as Rhino.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #833 on: October 21, 2017, 03:28:42 PM

I miss the days of farming frames.

Tonight's challenge is to try and open up the void to Mot. Solo i sem to get one shot on Chdoma Nidus and Limbo and Frost get their bubbles popped .

I have to complete kuva fortress too

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #834 on: October 21, 2017, 03:35:00 PM

I miss the days of farming frames.
Farming for Gara or Harrow should please you then awesome, for real

Tonight's challenge is to try and open up the void to Mot. Solo i sem to get one shot on Chdoma Nidus and Limbo and Frost get their bubbles popped .

I have to complete kuva fortress too
Do you have Ivara or Octavia?

Edit: additional comments
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 03:48:21 PM by Trippy »
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #835 on: October 21, 2017, 11:50:49 PM

Both. I'm stuck on the mobile defence where nullifiers pop my bubbles. I didn't have a rapid fire weapon... plus I had void Vor come to the party twice.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #836 on: October 22, 2017, 01:01:38 AM

BTW for the newcomers or those that need some extra credits you should link your account to your Twitch account and then keep open as many Warframe streams as your bandwidth and system can handle (tip: view them at 160 res). The Latron blueprint is the 2nd most common drop after the Starburst (drops about half as often as the Starburst) and you can sell your extra copies for some credits:
Apparently it might only track the last Warframe stream you loaded/refreshed, so opening multiple streams might not give you more gifts.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #837 on: October 22, 2017, 01:37:23 AM

Yeah I remember bieng totally stuck on the system before Mot. i finally lucked out and joined a 4 man that were doing it and I finally completed it.

Hic sunt dracones.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #838 on: October 22, 2017, 07:33:44 AM

For Warframe streams yes, if your accounts are linked. When the streamer completes an achievement you'll get a reward. That why you see a lot of people with new accounts streaming Warframe right now (more achievements to unlock when you are new).

Do I also have to be logged into the game, or just my twitch account?

Edit: Christmas for me upon login! Thanks very much Trippy!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:47:59 AM by Rendakor »

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #839 on: October 22, 2017, 08:54:37 AM

Do I also have to be logged into the game, or just my twitch account?
You don't need Warframe running to get the Twitch viewing gifts.

Edit: Christmas for me upon login! Thanks very much Trippy!
Sure thing.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  
Jump to: