Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2017, 02:20:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up  (Read 40575 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #455 on: May 24, 2017, 03:23:30 PM

Close enough to mine for a day 1 pickup. I had issues with 1, but it was overall a pretty enjoyable experience.

-Rasix
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #456 on: May 25, 2017, 11:36:05 AM

Yeah, I've been having difficulty holding off getting the early release on this, so I'm glad to see there's finally a release date.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: May 25, 2017, 08:51:01 PM

I liked the combat and skills systems a lot, but disliked the stat system and story (never finished the game). Will be interesting to see where this one goes. Will def play it. Hopefully they got better writers and a better plot.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:57:00 PM by lamaros »

Expect poison from the standing water.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: June 19, 2017, 11:40:09 AM

I bought the alpha.

Some of the same stuff as before, but overall a better game so far.

Worth it. Looking forward to full release.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #459 on: June 19, 2017, 01:04:38 PM

I just hit a point I didn't want to play the game anymore because it just stopped entertaining me. That's sad but there it is. I'll pick it up in a few years on discount because while it was fun at the outset, I didn't even make it past the first challenge when you get to the astral fortress or whatever it was.

I can't get past the panties - Alluvian
I really like the cocks. - Lantyssa
People rarely believe just how good I am at sucking. - Lantyssa
I love the swinging dongs - Signe
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #460 on: June 19, 2017, 02:36:55 PM

After barely making it anywhere in D:OS, a couple hours into Pillars and only about halfway through Torment, I've decided I'm not into isometric rpg anymore. Funny how that happened, used to be my favorite genre/style.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #461 on: June 19, 2017, 03:04:33 PM

I'm with you there. I can't decide if it was the lack of options in those days, the abundance of time on my part, or my unfamiliarity with the worlds in the new iso games.  They just don't click with me like they once did.

I can't get past the panties - Alluvian
I really like the cocks. - Lantyssa
People rarely believe just how good I am at sucking. - Lantyssa
I love the swinging dongs - Signe
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #462 on: June 19, 2017, 03:09:17 PM

Might have something to do with the ridiculous complexity of the systems in those games.  I found the first half hour of Divinity: Original Sin to be both perplexing and daunting due to the number of stats and lack of tutorial.  They could all stand to be more user-friendly, IMO.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #463 on: June 19, 2017, 03:31:58 PM

To be honest, D:OS, Pillars and I'm guessing Torment (given that inXile completely sucks and Fargo is nothing more than a nostalgia farmer) aren't that good of games.  At least I enjoyed playing D:OS more than Pillars. The story was awful, the combat balance is kind of shitty, the pacing was horrid, but the combat system and interactivity of the combat environment were decent. It was enjoyable enough to finish, while I felt like I was stuck in a sunk-cost loop with Pillars.

I will probably play this at some point. Even given its shortcomings, I enjoyed the experience of D:OS to want to play its sequel. It showed potential and it showed a development team that was trying to do something special rather than just pull on your heartstrings and wallet simultaneously.

-Rasix
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: June 19, 2017, 06:26:00 PM

I've recently played through BG1 & 2. In full.

D:OS2 combat is more fun, though the systems are shallower. In every other respect BG2 is better, still, (DOS2 only wins combat because of the whole 'everything is about mages' annoyance that combat becomes in BG).

PoE is just a flat out crap game.

I imagine D:OS will get stupid at some point, because the writers are insipid and dull, and it moves way too quickly into the naff 'you are a Divine god, read our lore that makes Metzen look deep'... But so far it's doing a bit better for me on that front (not t the end of alpha areas).

But even BG2 had bits of that, and D:OS2 at least has loot and combat fun before you get bored. And yeah, I gave up D:OS1 halfway into the second area too.

So far D:OS2 is boring me more slowly.

The UI is fucking awful though. A consolised piece of shit in a game I'd kill myself before playing on a console. Camera is too tight also.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:31:16 PM by lamaros »

Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: June 20, 2017, 02:36:15 AM

I prefer pillars of eternity over Divinity: OS, I like 6-man groups over 4-man groups and pausable combat much more than a strict turn-based system. Its good that they go for a single character mode for D:OS2, playing two main characters when doing it solo was a very odd experience.

I do like these types of games but they could do much more with the combat system. They also need to hire an asshole as editor that cuts down on the amount of texts with random information that dilutes the writing. Quality over quantity but I suppose that's heresy when its come to fantasy writers.

Paid the kickstarter but haven't touched the game on steam yet, waiting for the finished experienced before i get started.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #466 on: June 20, 2017, 09:01:36 AM

The dual character thing bothered me, too. I might be over party-based solo games? I had about the same playtime in Beyond Divinity that I did in D:OS, but finished Divine Divinity (it was sooo good) and Divinity II is on my Steam top ten.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: June 20, 2017, 09:17:32 PM

After barely making it anywhere in D:OS, a couple hours into Pillars and only about halfway through Torment, I've decided I'm not into isometric rpg anymore. Funny how that happened, used to be my favorite genre/style.

Pretty much the opposite direction for me.  I used to hate these types of games (heresy, I know), every time I won an encounter it felt like I should have lost and I only beat it by exploiting some glitch or because of lucky RNG.  It always felt like I was playing "wrong", that my choices were cheese or die.  The new games (of which I've only played Pillars and Tyranny) at least I mostly feel like I get why things are happening and the systems feel like they work together.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: June 21, 2017, 03:36:30 AM

I prefer pillars of eternity over Divinity: OS, I like 6-man groups over 4-man groups and pausable combat much more than a strict turn-based system. Its good that they go for a single character mode for D:OS2, playing two main characters when doing it solo was a very odd experience.

I do like these types of games but they could do much more with the combat system. They also need to hire an asshole as editor that cuts down on the amount of texts with random information that dilutes the writing. Quality over quantity but I suppose that's heresy when its come to fantasy writers.

Paid the kickstarter but haven't touched the game on steam yet, waiting for the finished experienced before i get started.

DOS2 seems to be going for more of the BG style companion business. They've got a lot of ground to make up, but they've moved in the right direction with the Alpha IMO.

And yeah, I think they could use a better story and writing editor. They get into the naff side of things a fair bit more often than is required.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up  
Jump to: