Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:56:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this game dead or?  (Read 382271 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1155 on: January 24, 2015, 10:41:17 AM

So new expansion announced.  New heavy armor class, the revenant which is basically a heavy armor melee ritualist from the looks of it.  New class specializations, only one mentioned was ranger --> druid.  Alternate advanced system that somehow gets you hang gliders? i didn't really get that.  Guild halls! so hot.  There was more stuff, i didn't really catch all of it.

I am the .00000001428%
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #1156 on: January 24, 2015, 12:49:57 PM

So new expansion announced.  New heavy armor class, the revenant which is basically a heavy armor melee ritualist from the looks of it.  New class specializations, only one mentioned was ranger --> druid.  Alternate advanced system that somehow gets you hang gliders? i didn't really get that.  Guild halls! so hot.  There was more stuff, i didn't really catch all of it.

I'm really happy the new race isn't Tengu, but I'm unhappy there is no new race :/
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1157 on: January 24, 2015, 02:27:06 PM

Quaggan necro or bust.

edit to add actual content: I'm mostly on board with what they said at the reveal. Level cap / gear level staying the same is good, mastery system [alternate advancement] is whatever, at least it's not as obnoxious as gear infusing was in Prophecies. GvG and guild halls sound pretty great.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:32:27 PM by Zetor »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1158 on: January 24, 2015, 03:29:27 PM

I'll try a druid when those exist, I'm like obligated to try every druid in existence in any game I play.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1159 on: January 24, 2015, 04:47:19 PM

I'm definitely buying this.  I love GW2's combat, exploration and quests.  Don't really care for pvp, wvw and their shitty story content.   I just love to run around their zones and do a bit of crafting. 
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1160 on: January 24, 2015, 05:22:33 PM

Also the game is 10 bucks until tomorrow so its the perfect time to try it out or get a friend.

I am the .00000001428%
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #1161 on: January 25, 2015, 11:16:12 AM

The more I think about it the more I like it.  I'm hoping the prof masteries are like FF or SWOTR where there are two or more choices for which way to go.  Like if the Ranger choice is just Druid, that's cool and all but I'm hoping it's Druid or x or y.  That'll really breathe life into the existing characters. 

Might have to join a guild again, unless guild halls are attainable for the little solo guilds (doubtful!)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1162 on: January 25, 2015, 11:40:03 AM

I assume eventually there will be choices but we are only getting one per class this expansion.

I am the .00000001428%
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1163 on: January 25, 2015, 01:21:47 PM

I took the plunge and bought it while it was on sale. So far I'm really liking it. Lost most of yesterday and last night to it (although a good 3-4 hours of that was just the install). I'm kinda sorry I didn't try it sooner, but that was mostly due to up until now having a machine that would probably have choked on it.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1164 on: January 26, 2015, 03:03:10 PM

Its a good dame. Will get the expansion most likely...

Hic sunt dracones.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1165 on: January 27, 2015, 11:37:57 AM

I bought GW2, no expansions. How many have there been?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1166 on: January 27, 2015, 11:44:44 AM

None so far.  First one just announced.

I am the .00000001428%
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1167 on: January 30, 2015, 05:45:04 AM

most often known as Drevik
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1168 on: January 31, 2015, 01:51:05 PM

So I'm 5/8 through the season 2 living story, and I have to say it's actually kinda... good? The story is still not particularly memorable, but the gameplay has been fresh and varied. Bonus: shoutouts to GW1 stuff, including a particular plot character 'recognizing' me (this may be the same for all characters though, whether they linked a GW1 account or not). I loved the miniboss/boss fights so far, too. I was getting Dark Souls vibes at one point... a laggy, bargain basement Dark Souls, but still.  awesome, for real

What makes me a bit sad, though, is that after banking my PVT 6/6 monk armor for a set of zerker 6/6 flame legion armor and going for a full dps spec instead of my arcane/water build, my elementalist's effectiveness skyrocketed... especially if I just stay in fire attunement and keep lava font + meteor swarm on cooldown. Who needs all that utility when it's faster, better, and easier to just overwhelm enemies with sheer dps! I don't suppose this is going to change in the expansion, either.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:56:30 PM by Zetor »

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1169 on: January 31, 2015, 02:00:24 PM

Welcome to GW2 where it's berserker or go home  Heartbreak

My warrior still has a set of soldiers gear which I use out of habit, but almost every other class uses zerk and I hate it. The experiment with breaking the trinity is flawed and thats even after they tried to nerf zerger reliance.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1170 on: January 31, 2015, 02:35:30 PM

Making one set of armor have 3 offensive stats rather than 2/1 or 1/2 offensive/defensive was a mistake.

I am the .00000001428%
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1171 on: March 08, 2015, 05:16:38 PM

Can someone promote so I can do guildy stuff or missions or whatever?  Also, I have a relative who wants to play and I'd like to invite her.  I don't remember much about guilds and missions and all that.  I know that doing guild stuff won't really matter because hardly anyone is playing but I want to do it anyway.  Maybe people will come back for the new stuff.  I mailed Hawkbit in the game but he's not around.  HEY HAWKBIT - YOU THERE?  I sent you 6 gold, 6 silver and 6 copper so you would, you know, do stuff.  I should read up on this again.  An expansion?  Finally?  Really?  :)

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1172 on: March 09, 2015, 11:30:11 AM

Ya. I can log on tonight after work to update stuff. You can always PM me here on the forums which I'll see a lot faster than in-game. I think I'm GM in at least two other games for BC and I don't play any of them. :/
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #1173 on: March 09, 2015, 02:48:06 PM

IT HAS FINALLY CLICK'D!!!11!  ACK!
------

Ehm, now....For some reasons, in my previous tries, GW2 "defeated" me from the beginning. Too much stuff being thrown at you from the get go, the bizzare "renown" quest givers, events popping up, vistas, POIs, weapons determing your skills; yeah, definitely a different take on the genre, but that unfortunately didn't manage to catch me :(

And I say that with much regret, because Guild Wars 1 is probably the MMOG I've played the most after UO. Although I've read that the New Player Experience wasn't met with particular appreciation, so far it's what actually pushed me beyond the first few hours (but I agree that they could have left Vistas and POIs untouched and visible from the beginning).

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #1174 on: March 09, 2015, 03:20:26 PM

I got a second account going and am experiencing the new experience for the first time and I cannot see how it's better, but I am also not the target audience for it. I find it weird that certain things are visible and there, but unavailable until you hit a certain level. There was some weird decisions going on there I think. Skill points visible, but unable to interact with? That makes no sense, especially since if someone else kicks off the 'event' you can piggyback it and unlock the point. Having to wait until 22 to go to sPvP is dumb too.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1175 on: March 09, 2015, 06:07:33 PM

ZombieSigne is now an officer and can invite her friend. Feel free to tinker with the guild upgrades, if you wish. PM me with any problems.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1176 on: March 09, 2015, 06:27:26 PM

IT HAS FINALLY CLICK'D!!!11!  ACK!
------

Ehm, now....For some reasons, in my previous tries, GW2 "defeated" me from the beginning. Too much stuff being thrown at you from the get go, the bizzare "renown" quest givers, events popping up, vistas, POIs, weapons determing your skills; yeah, definitely a different take on the genre, but that unfortunately didn't manage to catch me :(

And I say that with much regret, because Guild Wars 1 is probably the MMOG I've played the most after UO. Although I've read that the New Player Experience wasn't met with particular appreciation, so far it's what actually pushed me beyond the first few hours (but I agree that they could have left Vistas and POIs untouched and visible from the beginning).

I got a face full of game and couldn't concentrate because of how much there was to do right at the start and only got one character to level 20-something and quit early on. too.  Now it's CLICK'D!!!11! for me, too.   awesome, for real  I'm hooked at the moment but who knows how long that will last.  I'm fickle.

Thank you, Hawkbit.  You are, as usual, sweet and reliable.  Not like, you know, some of those others.   Heart

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #1177 on: March 10, 2015, 08:21:17 AM

ZombieSigne is now an officer and can invite her friend. Feel free to tinker with the guild upgrades, if you wish. PM me with any problems.

For the longest time I just used [BAT] to claim +5 supply when I ran around WvW.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1178 on: March 11, 2015, 06:16:33 PM

I Agree by the way.  The new player experience revamp is a load of Arse and drove me from the game a few months back. Now I/m back playing it again but I'm bringing up a new character and its pretty much a load of crap.

Once you get to level 15 or so the fame completly opens up and is a lot of fun. Whoever did that revamp need serious therapy

Hic sunt dracones.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1179 on: March 12, 2015, 09:28:32 AM

Thankfully I have so many scrolls of instant level 20 that I'll never have to worry about the lowest levels.

Apparently they cut the Fear Itself chapter without removing any other game references to it.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1180 on: March 12, 2015, 11:15:48 AM

Same here, also have a ton of skill point scrolls to use if I really want to rush a new character.  I don't play a ton now, but still log in from time to time to grab the log in bonus and explore some of the new stories.  I'll probably buy the expansion when it comes out.  Both for the new class stuff and because the game has more than rewarded the money I spent on the original box.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #1181 on: March 12, 2015, 12:03:45 PM

Thankfully I have so many scrolls of instant level 20 that I'll never have to worry about the lowest levels.

Apparently they cut the Fear Itself chapter without removing any other game references to it.

That and I have so many Tomes of Knowledge that my Revenant will be an insta-80. Only reason I am doing this is because of the new account on the new server. Thankfully the run to 20 when it gets better only takes a couple hours.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1182 on: March 13, 2015, 05:35:47 PM

After how many years of people griping about it, Heart of Thorns will got rid of the requirement to have done the WVW maps for Map completion.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/changes-to-world-completion/

Hic sunt dracones.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1183 on: March 24, 2015, 02:19:18 PM

Expansion and living story both killed my interest. The GW2 artists and level designers are amazing, the idea of a world made up of dynamic events has potential, but they don't seem to have had the slightest clue what to do with it since launch. Lots of story content consumed and discarded, hero NPC's the game wants you to care about but they're mostly annoying drama queens and the game mechanics are terrible and stagnant. Terrible group play, so many dud powers limiting builds, so little evolution and far too long spamming the same small handful of attacks.

I haven't been watching the expansion that closely since the first news release... but not seeing much to change my mind that they still fail at game design.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1184 on: April 28, 2015, 02:35:05 PM

If you’ve been itching to discover the Heart of Maguuma, here’s your chance to claim your spot in the next closed beta for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™.

For a limited time, Guild Wars 2 players adventuring in Dry Top and the Silverwastes will have a chance to loot a rare and wonderful Portal to the Heart of Maguuma from the foes found in those maps. Claiming this portal will earn you an invitation to our next closed beta, so get out there, start killing monsters, and get ready to journey deeper into the Heart of Thorns! Happy hunting!

Beta invites as in game drops has to be a first right?

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1185 on: April 28, 2015, 04:32:35 PM

It might be, I can't think of anyone else doing it.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1186 on: April 28, 2015, 06:08:51 PM

Wonder if you can sell it on the AH?
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #1187 on: April 28, 2015, 06:54:46 PM

Not a bad marketing gimmick
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #1188 on: April 29, 2015, 04:26:00 PM

Wonder if you can sell it on the AH?

They flag your account for beta access as soon as they drop.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1189 on: April 30, 2015, 11:31:26 AM

Well there goes my grind beta invites to wealth plan.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or?  
Jump to: