Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:15:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this game dead or?  (Read 382215 times)
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #945 on: April 16, 2014, 02:00:02 PM

To be honest, the combat in this game has always felt flat for me.  Limiting the number of abilities does make combat faster, but it really limits the amount of counter-play options.  Very disappointing in a PvP game. 

I think they are aiming for that "counter-play" feel in PvP. So a skill gives a visual cue and is short lived / limited selection /long cooldown so that timing becomes a bit tactical and an active block, evade or counter gives a substantial advantage in a 1v1. Visible in the way that "fear" is largely a tactical interrupt rather than an effect in its own right. But it falls entirely flat in PvE where it means skills are limited, infrequent and the mobs are largely immune to control or counter and don't have complex enough behaviours condition effects have high value...

But really they're either timid or bad. The original class designs had some character but they've failed to extend that or make it core to gameplay.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #946 on: April 18, 2014, 07:44:25 PM

Well, despite saying that the Megaservers would only be in the lowest level maps for now, they were turned on for every single map in the game,.

The universal verdict seems to be that everyone hates it. Heres a pick from someone yesterday

Aside from the usual problems, its making it impossible for people to gather for guild events and its utterly naff for people who roleplay as they are bounced around 5 different instances and cant gather together. People can't run raids and world bosses with the same people anymore as the usual commanders and people who do them on the servers are now all split up. A commander said its pointless trying to tell people what to do as he wont see anyone here again and half the people cant speak english. Yeah, forget non English speaking servers. Informal asking where people are from leads to 5 different servers, so promises that the majority of people would be from the same server is pretty much a lie.

I think that guy in the screenshot is right, they are doing it to cover for falling server pops.

it HAS made it better for running group events though as there is always someone around, but the way it has been implemented will destroy RP and guilds and generally people grouping up and forming friendships. My server, Piken Square, was an RP server with a smaller pop but a decent community, and now local is filled with retards and wtf Siemka shit.

Hic sunt dracones.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #947 on: April 19, 2014, 02:49:00 AM

Well, despite saying that the Megaservers would only be in the lowest level maps for now, they were turned on for every single map in the game,.

The universal verdict seems to be that everyone hates it. Heres a pick from someone yesterday

Aside from the usual problems, its making it impossible for people to gather for guild events and its utterly naff for people who roleplay as they are bounced around 5 different instances and cant gather together. People can't run raids and world bosses with the same people anymore as the usual commanders and people who do them on the servers are now all split up. A commander said its pointless trying to tell people what to do as he wont see anyone here again and half the people cant speak english. Yeah, forget non English speaking servers. Informal asking where people are from leads to 5 different servers, so promises that the majority of people would be from the same server is pretty much a lie.

I think that guy in the screenshot is right, they are doing it to cover for falling server pops.

it HAS made it better for running group events though as there is always someone around, but the way it has been implemented will destroy RP and guilds and generally people grouping up and forming friendships. My server, Piken Square, was an RP server with a smaller pop but a decent community, and now local is filled with retards and wtf Siemka shit.

So basically it's upset the poopsockers and the Goldshire crowd while making the game better for everyone else?
Sounds like a win to me.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #948 on: April 19, 2014, 07:04:11 AM

Yeah, pretty much.  Response has been overwhelmingly positive apart from the fringe "waah, we don't have entire zones to ourselves" groups, and fuck all of them.

I am the .00000001428%
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #949 on: April 19, 2014, 10:23:10 PM

So basically it's upset the poopsockers and the Goldshire crowd while making the game better for everyone else?
Sounds like a win to me.

If you define poopsocker as "anyone who might ever want to play with friends" I guess? Right now it doesn't even guarantee you getting onto the same map as someone you're in a party with.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #950 on: April 20, 2014, 03:30:14 AM

I'm sure there is a balance between appealing to the anti-social majority and allowing equally in part the ability to fuck around with friends.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #951 on: April 20, 2014, 10:09:35 AM

Sounds like a win to me.

If you define poopsocker as "anyone who might ever want to play with friends" I guess? Right now it doesn't even guarantee you getting onto the same map as someone you're in a party with.

Right click and join instance - i have never had an occurance where I couldn't join the people in my party.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #952 on: April 20, 2014, 10:07:01 PM

Yeah, pretty much.  Response has been overwhelmingly positive apart from the fringe "waah, we don't have entire zones to ourselves" groups, and fuck all of them.

That's funny, because all the comments I have seen have been in the negative. People like most of the patch as a whole, but not the megaserver part.

Hic sunt dracones.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #953 on: April 21, 2014, 04:13:48 AM

Official forums or real people?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #954 on: April 26, 2014, 08:50:56 AM

People I've heard talking in game. General concencous seems to be that they like the majority of the update but the Jury is WAY out on the megaserver, and the timer for the world bosses isn't exactly popular either.

Hic sunt dracones.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #955 on: April 28, 2014, 09:55:37 AM

I am the .00000001428%
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #956 on: May 08, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

So is this game dead or?

Just wondering what major changes are in effect since October; I think that's when I stopped playing.  I logged on the other day and all of the talents are different, four people showed up for Maw and it failed.

Is there anything that's worth coming back to check out? 
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #957 on: May 09, 2014, 12:48:24 AM

I've gone from logging in to religiously to... not playing.

Even with the megaserver the game feels dead to me. I can't be assed trying to re-work talents with the new system and I have no idea why I just can't get enthusiastic. I sat in Rata Sum and listened to my guild try to run events only to find that they couldn't see each other until they grouped up.

I miss the game, but there's just nothing new to make me want to step outside of the cities.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #958 on: May 09, 2014, 06:40:22 AM

That's because they spent the last year making disposable content or repeatable content for only the top end.  There isn't anything new to do if you're looking for some reasonably casual fun.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #959 on: May 09, 2014, 07:58:54 AM

I haven't played much since the living story ended season 1.  Not much to do i guess, the game is alive and well though.

I am the .00000001428%
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #960 on: May 09, 2014, 08:23:57 AM

That's because they spent the last year making disposable content or repeatable content for only the top end.  There isn't anything new to do if you're looking for some reasonably casual fun.

Yep, that's a lot of effort spent on Scarlett that no one will ever see again.

The big QOL patch was nice, but unless you're doing the WvW tournament, it gave just about zero new content.  Sure, you can play dress up and change your traits around, but there's no new direction for the story.

I'm just so burnt out and completely not in the mood for the atmosphere the WvW tournament brings. I may check back in when the new living story direction is delivered.

edit:

It's funny that by just looking at the scores, the strategy is that JQ and TC are just shitting on Blackgate anytime they're in the in match up to prevent BG from placing first and possibly knocking them all the way into fourth.  TC likely finishes first in this scenario, but JQ likely doesn't care as long as BG gets wrecked.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:30:44 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #961 on: May 09, 2014, 08:34:33 AM

I've been doing WvW for the season Tournament and finally got into sPvP which I am kind of enjoying sometimes. The new reward tracks have helped that a lot. I find my patience for sPvP games is very low though and even if I win a few in a row I get ragey over SOMETHING.

Weird for me, because I can mowed repeatedly by Zergs or larger groups in WvW and barely blink an eye - but have someone knock me off Skyhammer once? I lose my shit.

Got my 6th level 80 which is remarkable only for the fact that in my MMO career I have only gotten 2 max level characters in ANY game (1 in DAoC and 1 in WoW with close calls in WAR and SWtOR). For some reason GW2 scratches that gaming itch I have quite nicely.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #962 on: May 09, 2014, 05:14:13 PM

edit:

It's funny that by just looking at the scores, the strategy is that JQ and TC are just shitting on Blackgate anytime they're in the in match up to prevent BG from placing first and possibly knocking them all the way into fourth.  TC likely finishes first in this scenario, but JQ likely doesn't care as long as BG gets wrecked.

Good, Blackgate can go fuck itself.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #963 on: May 15, 2014, 09:44:03 AM

So, they launched the game in China. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-launches-in-china/ Stand by for the chinese server's economy crashing on day 2...

Also they are repeating some live content on the 20th. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/prepare-for-the-festival-of-the-four-winds/

http://As part of the celebration of our launch in China, we’re holding an in-game festival that brings back some of the best-loved Living World content! The Zephyrites have returned to the Labyrinthine Cliffs to do business and trade their goods, and Queen Jennah has reopened the Crown Pavilion. Experience the joy of movement as you harness the power of the Zephyrites’ aspect crystals, or put your battle skills to the test in the Crown Pavilion and Queen’s Gauntlet.

Get ready: the Festival of the Four Winds begins on May 20!

Hic sunt dracones.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #964 on: May 15, 2014, 10:41:13 AM

Can Chinese players already on NA/EU servers transfer their characters to the Chinese servers? If yes, I really wonder what that will do to some servers in WvW. Like Jade Quarry has always been carried by it's enormous Chinese/SEA population relative to everyone else.

If a majority of those guys leave, well hello tier4 I guess  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Rasix

Reply #965 on: May 15, 2014, 10:50:11 AM

Can Chinese players already on NA/EU servers transfer their characters to the Chinese servers? If yes, I really wonder what that will do to some servers in WvW. Like Jade Quarry has always been carried by it's enormous Chinese/SEA population relative to everyone else.

If a majority of those guys leave, well hello tier4 I guess  why so serious?

I do not want to see Mance on a tier 4 server.  It would be like being on a bad club soccer team all over again.  "OK guys, wave to the fourth flight cars.  Ohh wait, those are your cars!  God, we suck."

I hope this does not interrupt the current 2v1 gangbang.  The punishment for sandbagging preseason must continue.  

Bleh, I still haven't played for over a month.  I missed the Festival of the Four Winds the first time, so perhaps this brings me back. And.. it launches the week I go on vacation.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:52:10 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #966 on: May 15, 2014, 12:56:18 PM

Unrelated to anything, but I actively dislike this Dev Team. They spend forever to do NOTHING, I find it amazing and frustrating.

I have no actual point, just my displeasure.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #967 on: May 15, 2014, 02:57:46 PM

Yes.. GW2 on release was an extremely strong foundation for doing something a bit different. But they've moved slowly, wasted resources on single-shot content, watered down game mechanics in the interests of PvP and have done nothing to build up the "dynamic world" mechanisms that sold the levelling experience. Plus they seem to have no direction and certainly no ability to communicate one. It's very sad.

The steam (or revenue) seems to have fallen out of their "living world" approach leaving the game basically treading water.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 01:56:04 AM by Kageru »

- Simond
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #968 on: May 15, 2014, 03:52:24 PM

You might not like what they are doing but saying they are slow or do nothing is ridiculous.  They patch virtually every other week.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #969 on: May 15, 2014, 05:04:09 PM

It took them 6 months to get tooltips done. That is fucking slow.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #970 on: May 15, 2014, 06:14:50 PM

Only if your only criteria for slow is how long they take to do stuff you care about.  They still work way faster than any other game.

I am the .00000001428%
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #971 on: May 17, 2014, 02:02:00 AM

I stated they've done nothing to build up the "dynamic zone" idea they launched with, which is true. When the special event content isn't running the game is pretty much where it was at vanilla. Only change I can think of was Orr getting nerfed and that terrible new island nobody visits.

Had they built on the idea of interesting and dynamic zone content they might have ended up in a far more interesting place.

- Simond
Rasix

Reply #972 on: May 28, 2014, 10:24:56 PM

Tourney is in the bag.  JQ takes first.  BG is double teamed into a tie for 3rd with SoS.

Still no interest in playing right now (or possibly ever again), but this pleased me greatly.  Chest thumping after week one. Tisk tisk.

-Rasix
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #973 on: May 29, 2014, 09:24:42 AM

I love that lizard.  Heart

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #974 on: May 29, 2014, 11:15:29 AM

How did Swagguma do?

I am the .00000001428%
Rasix

Reply #975 on: May 29, 2014, 11:21:29 AM

They had good fights. (Fifth).   Due to this format, I don't think they ever had to fight the tier 1 servers.  I liked last season's tourney due to being able to play all of the servers in your league, although it definitely made it harder to doublefuck BG.  SoR being morons didn't help.

SoR is bottom of the silver league.  

edit: One of the best things out of all of this is that one of our more active commanders switched while things were not going so well.  He wasn't a really well liked commander and was always a bit pissy about everything.  Super poopsocker as well, guy had like 7 legendaries.  Seemed to be super close with the guild and then just up and transfers when things looked grim.  <lizard laugh>
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:34:35 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #976 on: May 29, 2014, 02:16:02 PM

All right, fifth place! out of six! still good for a weapon though.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #977 on: May 29, 2014, 02:17:58 PM

Wait who bailed?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #978 on: May 29, 2014, 02:20:39 PM

SoR is bottom of the silver league.

awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

I don't know what it says about me that I haven't touched GW2 in months but I still fucking loathe SoR and BG.

God Save the Horn Players
Rasix

Reply #979 on: May 29, 2014, 02:31:19 PM

Wait who bailed?

Wilco. He was the main reset night commander, because Mance would prefer to drink than play during the weekends. Mostly ran a dagger/dagger ele or guardian.  I think when you were still fairly active, him or Dynamite Blocks (who got major wife aggro and had to quit) were the main weekend/reset night commanders.  Or, if you were unlucky, it was that kid Gaerfield, and then we'd get rolled because no one wanted to follow that guy.  

I'm not completely sure what the SG commander situation is right now. Gixxy commands and we have a few mute commanders that fill in when needed. Stonewall's internet is terrible, but he's still around. There's a few trainees that I didn't get much experience with due to D3 and the tournament tag-teaming my will to play into the ground.

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or?  
Jump to: