Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:13:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this game dead or?  (Read 390144 times)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #980 on: May 29, 2014, 03:04:18 PM

We won Bronze league (woo?) and are moving up to Silver apparently. At some point I should probably actually join a WvW guild instead of just solo/duo roaming constantly. I think I am only rank 350ish with the majority of my time being in WvW.

I think I am the ONLY [BAT] representative on GoM, but I still use the guild to claim +5 supply on camps when my main guild forgets to requeue it after use.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #981 on: May 29, 2014, 03:46:36 PM

I'm surprised Wilco ditched.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #982 on: May 31, 2014, 04:15:03 PM

It's unfortunate to hear that they didn't build on the dynamic zone idea. I thought that was the most interesting part of the game.

Their vanilla is still better than most other MMOs I've tried, though. When I look at the new MMOs, I have a knee-jerk reaction to say "Go play Guild Wars 2 instead."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #983 on: June 16, 2014, 12:27:52 PM

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #984 on: June 16, 2014, 04:39:12 PM

<sigh>

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #985 on: June 16, 2014, 04:42:22 PM

Anytime they say something about guardians, justifying that silly health pool, I lose a little desire to ever log in again.  They're really going to stick with that one until the dire end, aren't they?

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #986 on: June 16, 2014, 05:07:06 PM

The sentence about that made literally no sense.

"Necromancers don't have spike but they have a large health pool so they can sustain. Guardians are just the same! They have a small health pool so they can sustain!"

I mean, wut?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #987 on: June 16, 2014, 07:44:16 PM

To be fair, its written in concept shorthand.

I have to say though that my Guard is rocking full soldiers armour and I'm still feeling a bit squishy for the role I'm supposed to be doing.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:41:27 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #988 on: June 17, 2014, 04:38:55 AM

I think the role they had in mind was a support buff-bitch, they don't want a "tank" class. Thus the low health pool. But that's not a fun role, and it's effect is so weak it's not really that rewarding either.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #989 on: June 17, 2014, 05:57:52 AM

Are you guys complaining guardians aren't tanky enough? Because they sure as fuck do not need more hps unless you severely nerf their survival tools. Guardians are already hard as fuck to kill, they need no help at all in that department.

I am the .00000001428%
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #990 on: June 17, 2014, 06:15:35 AM

No, we're complaining that they seem clueless.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #991 on: June 17, 2014, 08:40:34 AM

I main a warrior and EVERYTHING they said about Warriors made me go WUT.

"need more options to escape combat"

I can't remember the last time ANYONE caught me in WvW when I decided to go, and if they do - they are so far ahead of their friends that I can usually burst on them and get them either downed or running from me. Warriors are ridiculous.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Rasix

Reply #992 on: June 17, 2014, 09:12:27 AM

Chasing a warrior is about as pointless as chasing a PU mesmer. 

-Rasix
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #993 on: June 25, 2014, 09:50:46 AM

Living Story Season 2 starts July 1st

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-WUW_hPwcI

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_season_2

Great intro movie I have to say. From the looks of it Destiny's Edge 2: Destiny's Lesbians are going to be a big part of it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:33:53 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #994 on: June 25, 2014, 05:06:30 PM

Apparently Anet's stellar marketing team has determined that the reason I haven't played in about a year is because I don't know how to play the game. 

Only reason I can think they sent me two emails telling giving me awesome tips on combat, such as:

Combat in Guild Wars 2 is dynamic and fast-you have the ability to get out of the way of attacks by dodging. The easiest way to dodge is to double-click on one of the W,A,S, and D keys or press the V key. The endurance bar above your health orb shows your current capacity to dodge; anything above halfway means you can jump out of the way.

and

The red circle in the bottom center of your screen monitors your current health level. It will replenish quickly out of combat, but in the heat of battle you'll want to use your healing skill, which is number 6 on your skill bar. If your health orb completely empties, you're down but not dead.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #995 on: June 25, 2014, 05:35:23 PM

Actually I disabled that double tap and set dodge to R as the double tap dodge was hard to pull off when I wanted and was getting me killed when it went off when I didn't want it.

But yeah...

Hic sunt dracones.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #996 on: June 25, 2014, 06:08:06 PM

I got that email too! The part about health was my favorite.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #997 on: June 25, 2014, 10:30:25 PM

Got it too and laughed. I disabled double tap a long time ago as I had a habit of dodging out of fields and into monster aoes etc. MMB became my dodge.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #998 on: June 26, 2014, 04:48:45 AM

Comedy moment. Some people got the email that have been long time players...

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Email-talkin-about-Combat-tips-is-it-real-or/first#post4147436
Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Sorry about this! This got sent out on accident to a segment of our playerbase that it was not intended for. It was meant to be sent to players who are just now joining us in Guild Wars 2.

Reguarding email security, it is always good practice to be cautious about emails and links. If you aren’t sure about an email or link, you can always inspect the links that are embeded before clicking them.

That being said, there is nothing wrong on a refresher for base game mechanics!

We have halted the sending of this email, but some users will still be getting them due to them being already queued in the batch send system. We intend on solving the issue before sending out any more emails of this nature to players.

Hic sunt dracones.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #999 on: June 26, 2014, 04:58:20 AM

The thing is, the only purpose this email could solve is if they are seeing players create an account and playing for 5-10 minutes before quitting. 

I mean, those are all pretty basic things you learn in the first 5 minutes (except maybe double tap to dodge, sometime in the first hour).  Furthermore, why are you sending an email, if these concepts are confusing GIVE THEM A GETTING STARTED GUIDE SOMEWHERE IN THE GAME.  You know, so they don't have to keep alt tabbing because you are too lazy to make the game approachable....

It also shows they have a huge lack of understanding on why people don't "get" Guild Wars 2.  From all the friends who tried it then promptly quit none of these things were anywheres on the confusion list.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #1000 on: June 26, 2014, 06:49:49 AM

Double-tap dodge + jumping puzzles = too much frustration

Now it's all about the jump dodges!

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1001 on: June 27, 2014, 02:26:53 AM

I think everyone learns about double tap dodge in the first few minutes when they get frustrated after triggering a dodge unintentionally for the 18th time.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1002 on: June 27, 2014, 02:36:18 AM

Kall's right.  They really don't understand their players. 
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1003 on: June 28, 2014, 01:45:18 AM

That doesn't count as news... I'm not even sure they understand their own game.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1004 on: July 01, 2014, 10:38:22 AM

Season 2 is up. Seems we have a new map

Release page https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/july-01-2014/

Patch notes (hilariously the link given in the game and the about bage for this is wrong LOL) https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-July-1-2014

Hic sunt dracones.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1005 on: July 07, 2014, 01:28:35 PM

I can't wait to play this game again. I'm probably never going to play it though. For me to come back the current devs need to take a hike and some additions:

1) New classes
2) New skills per weapon (collectible with achievements or exploration or other hidden content)
3) New weapons for each class

This living story thing, while fun, is not worth sticking around for and I never liked the zerginess of WvW to ever bother again. This game needs actual updates.
Rasix

Reply #1006 on: July 07, 2014, 01:40:29 PM

I'd come back for new weapons lines for each class.  A rifle based guardian or 2 hand sword using necro would be amusing.

Only reason to do living story is if you want the skins and money from the events.  Otherwise the content is pretty meh.  The solo stuff is OK, but the group stuff is either poorly tuned for the audience or just messy zerg fests.

I haven't even kept up with the WVW happenings.  LOL Sanctum of Rall is down in tier 7.  

At least in this game I most likely won't be horribly undergeared or uncompetitive when I come back.  Their current setup has mudflation at a somewhat sustainable pace.  If they come up with a tier after ascended, I'll be hosed.  It's always just there, which I guess is a point in it's favor.  Mance will likely have kicked me at some point.   awesome, for real

-Rasix
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1007 on: July 07, 2014, 02:17:22 PM

I already got zee boot!  why so serious?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1008 on: July 07, 2014, 03:58:21 PM

I play when there are new skins to get.  I need to be the prettiest princess.

I am the .00000001428%
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1009 on: July 07, 2014, 10:28:05 PM

I'm torn on new classes. On the one hand, I would totally play again to level a new class to 80. On the other, they already suck at balance.

I would probably come back to fuck around with new weapon skills too, but that probably wouldn't hold me as long.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1010 on: July 07, 2014, 11:00:48 PM

They will never make new classes for GW2. They couldn't deliver on their original class loadout, which is why the Ranger exists. The ranger was actually like two or three classes they had to scrap due to time/resources/ideas/mechanics and just mushed the left over bits together.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1011 on: July 08, 2014, 03:54:56 AM

The ranger seems like any other ranger in any other mmo, including GW1.

I am the .00000001428%
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #1012 on: July 08, 2014, 06:38:38 AM

I guess I am the resident fanboy at this point, but I still log in daily to do WvW roaming and zerg busting. I ran through the Season 2 stuff to keep the story up to date, but the majority of my time is still spent in WvW. I level in EOTM and then make a fool out of myself playing all my different characters in WvW which helps keep it feeling at least a little new. When I get frustrated, I just log on my easy-mode Warrior to go crush people or run bravely away from them.

I can't see new classes being introduced, but I can see new weapons at some point.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1013 on: July 08, 2014, 07:18:14 AM

I play every day as well. Its not the best game out there but it scratches my itch quite will thank you very much, and it has different things to do so aqs long aqs i do diferent things every day i dont get bored.

I am torn on rerolling my charr thief for an Asura. The female charrs voice just grates on me.

Hic sunt dracones.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1014 on: July 09, 2014, 05:45:17 AM

I still play on the reg, too. It's fun! I like the biweekly rollouts, since it feels like there's momentum while also letting me skip what I think sucks. Their storytelling is garbage, but it was garbage in GW1. Yet I really like the world, which doesn't make any sense but here we are.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or?  
Jump to: