Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this game dead or?  (Read 382354 times)
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #805 on: January 30, 2014, 12:07:32 AM

I saw a norn warrior in full plate with the jetpack, chainsword and the gauntlets from the flame and frost LS, it was a perfect space marine costume.  That made me wish i had not missed those events.

This was back when I loved the game and ran the dungeon for the jetpack. Greatsword was a lucky dip:

Weapon off-set is fused axe and mace (ground for tickets) plus fused longbow for ranged.

I had so much fun... then.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #806 on: January 30, 2014, 07:17:24 AM

I run a horribly squishy PU Mesmer that I have a lot of success with and I can't imagine playing him without Traveler Runes.

This is how my Mesmer is spec'd and geared: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgMQNAR8anUEFWbMNG1wWbEx0jhjCBOSKKtUrkCb7CB-jEDBYfAYLLamiAm+QRjEBI5pIaslhFRjVtATVaR1KXAWzAeDMa1SBExwI-w

Condition mitigation is an issue, but considering he's full Zerker - my survivability is actually really good with all the invis I have. I think the spec you linked would probably do you very well. I am by no means an experienced Mesmer though.

The only way I have found around that 'report' issue in WvW is to actually target the person and right click their portrait in the target window - everything else just defaults to 'report'.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #807 on: January 31, 2014, 08:41:29 AM

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/world-vs-world-queue-improvements/

Most of this doesn't apply to me right now, but this does:

In WvW, the right-click context menu that may be used for party invites and other social functions will now correctly show more options than just “report” while still restricting communication options with enemies.

Wonder if it will also mean we won't be able to invite people on other servers to our groups anymore.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #808 on: February 04, 2014, 08:02:07 PM

So the new map is basically tor anroc, it is glorious.

I am the .00000001428%
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #809 on: February 04, 2014, 09:29:35 PM

Yeah, bring your stability and your knockbacks.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #810 on: February 04, 2014, 10:10:51 PM

So the new map is basically tor anroc, it is glorious.

As an Ironbreaker I loved that fucking map. I might have to take a look at it on my warrior.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #811 on: February 07, 2014, 02:06:55 PM

I am the .00000001428%
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #812 on: February 11, 2014, 07:04:35 AM

That makes me want to give the game another go.  I'm already done with FFXIV & went back to poopin around in SWGemu. 

Sigh.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #813 on: February 16, 2014, 11:01:26 AM

I didn't play it much when I got it before christmass, and I decided to give it a whirl again. Downloading 17,500 files. Yey patching. Maybe I should go buy 2 worlds for my occasional Fantasy fix... :(

Hic sunt dracones.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #814 on: February 16, 2014, 11:22:48 AM

2 Worlds is fucking terrible man.  Just load up Skyrim if you want something similar and about a thousand times better.

-Rasix
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #815 on: February 16, 2014, 04:26:43 PM

Yeah your right. Kingdoms of Amalur isnt too bad either, I might run through that as a hand to hand guy. I did it last time as a mage. Really fun combat. Anyway, off topic.

Hic sunt dracones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #816 on: February 16, 2014, 11:16:40 PM

Could be worse, I re-installed Rift and Aion. I just know I'm going to hate myself when I log into them.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #817 on: February 18, 2014, 08:32:45 AM

I am the .00000001428%
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #818 on: February 19, 2014, 07:03:11 AM

The new patch is pretty zergy right now - but I love what they have done with it. They've done a pretty great job with this step of the Living World.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #819 on: February 19, 2014, 11:49:37 AM

I lasted 30 minutes when I logged in last night.

Follow the zerg boring shit again but at least they are pushing the microtransactions.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #820 on: February 19, 2014, 01:42:48 PM

Honestly, I'd rather have a zerg event than a dungeon with the idiotic "all glass cannon dps all the time or you're doing it wrong" mentality most players seem to have. I'm a staff elementalist though, so may be pretty sure I'm biased  awesome, for real

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #821 on: February 19, 2014, 01:51:09 PM

Honestly, I'd rather have a zerg event than a dungeon with the idiotic "all glass cannon dps all the time or you're doing it wrong" mentality most players seem to have. I'm a staff elementalist though, so may be pretty sure I'm biased  awesome, for real

When dungeons are designed to kill you equally fast if you are full glass cannon or full tank then max dps really is the correct way to do them.  It's not a mentality, it is simply adapting to their game design.

I am the .00000001428%
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #822 on: February 19, 2014, 02:08:09 PM

Honestly, I'd rather have a zerg event than a dungeon with the idiotic "all glass cannon dps all the time or you're doing it wrong" mentality most players seem to have. I'm a staff elementalist though, so may be pretty sure I'm biased  awesome, for real

When dungeons are designed to kill you equally fast if you are full glass cannon or full tank then max dps really is the correct way to do them.  It's not a mentality, it is simply adapting to their game design.
Yeah, I get that... it's not surprising that everyone gravitates towards 'the deeps'. It's just that as an elementalist, I'm expected to either go with an unwieldy and annoying pseudo-melee weapon set that I hate (dagger/focus, maybe scepter/focus... still in melee range) that's using a conjured melee weapon most of the time anyway. The only 'viable' staff build has 30 in fire, and literally presses 3 buttons over and over without switching from fire attunement, since everything else sucks for damage. Oh yeah, 0 points in arcane too, because who wants versatility anyway?

In contrast, in a sufficiently hairy openworld [zerg or not] encounter or wvw, I pretty much have to use my entire toolbox, lay down fields that are actually useful for the encounter, healing and targeted CC (instead of 'spam autoattack on lightning hammer to blind all the things') has a point, etc etc. Kiting around an ogre-reinforced supply camp with my green-geared staff elementalist and slowly killing them all was far more fun than any of the GW2 dungeons so far (ok, the spinning lazer beam boss in aetherblade retreat had its moments... very brief moments at that.)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 02:16:37 PM by Zetor »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #823 on: February 19, 2014, 03:05:14 PM

As a fellow staff elementalist: preach it, brother.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Rasix

Reply #824 on: February 19, 2014, 03:15:23 PM

Relieved to hear it's a stupid zerg event.  Should make the meta less of a pain. Although doing zergs events on Jade Quarry means you're in an overflow for the first week at the very least.

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #825 on: February 19, 2014, 03:37:07 PM

Overflow builds character!

Stokowski
Terracotta Army

Reply #826 on: February 20, 2014, 07:13:51 PM

As someone who has been known to run an idiotic glass cannon dps, the sight of a staff elementalist joining the fray is supremely reassuring. Don't go changing.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #827 on: February 22, 2014, 05:58:30 PM

Silly question, whats a good fun class to level? I tent to go either blasty mages or sneaky types, though I like tanking too occasionally.

Hic sunt dracones.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #828 on: February 22, 2014, 06:52:29 PM

Warriors and thieves are both fun to level, i don't really play mage classes so i cant help you there.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #829 on: February 22, 2014, 07:27:02 PM

If it's JUST leveling, a Ranger can not be beaten.

Once you do any other content though, you'll hate yourself twice as much as you hate your pet.

So yea, I second warrior  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #830 on: February 22, 2014, 08:33:07 PM

I found 2H Guardian to be faster, not to mention my second warrior and Mesmer.

Guardian was just nuts for the fact that you just wade in, shrug off the damage and move on. Since the pet buff ranger is still up there though.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #831 on: February 22, 2014, 08:52:25 PM

Might try guardian then. Thanks guys

Hic sunt dracones.
Rasix

Reply #832 on: February 22, 2014, 09:04:35 PM

Guardian's good for tagging shit in events too.  You get a lot of exp and don't miss out on much.  I main a guardian and it was effortless to level.

Still, warrior is really easy and one of the better classes for pve, pvp and wvw.  Course, I don't really do a whole lot of the first two outside of the the living story content.

I would stay away from mesmer as a noob. It's sneaky, it's ranged or melee, can front line, but it's complete shit to level.  You don't feel powerful until about level 60.  For the first 20 levels, you'll be doubting your ability to do damage at all.

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #833 on: February 22, 2014, 10:12:53 PM

Warrior and ranger are the two classes I never hit 80 on, because I didn't want to WvW with either of them, for opposite reasons. why so serious? My thief only made it to 80 because I leveled her before I realized I enjoyed the WvW, and she's never stepped foot in one of those zones either.

I think the class I enjoyed leveling most was my elementalist, but that might be a better second character, I dunno. Honestly the only class I don't have SOME fun on is the ranger. It's good at solo PvE, but I still just ... don't like it much.

Stokowski
Terracotta Army

Reply #834 on: February 23, 2014, 04:56:35 AM

Ranger is by far the easiest class to level with, but as pointed out, it sucks terribadly at everything else.

----

Anyway, I'm belatedly getting around to completing the human Personal Story and it turns out ... sigh ... nobody at ArenaNet, not the dev/writer(s) involved, or even the professional voice talent or the recording director know how to pronounce "quay". Where's a great facepalm gif when I need one?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #835 on: February 23, 2014, 06:32:23 AM

Mesmer is a lot of fun if it clicks for you, but it's not a good first character profession for sure.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #836 on: February 23, 2014, 10:34:44 AM

I found 2H Guardian to be faster, not to mention my second warrior and Mesmer.

Guardian was just nuts for the fact that you just wade in, shrug off the damage and move on. Since the pet buff ranger is still up there though.

Nah, even before the pet buff Ranger beats a Guard in leveling, its the one thing that stupid pet is actually good at. Like there's a reason all the gold farm bots are Rangers.

The Guard is vaaaastly superior at everything else though, so it's probably better to level one of those anyways.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #837 on: February 23, 2014, 10:53:21 AM

I play my guardian when i want to win at pvp or do anything related to pve at all, they might not be the "best" at it but they make everything easier.

I am the .00000001428%
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #838 on: February 24, 2014, 04:49:27 AM

nobody at ArenaNet, not the dev/writer(s) involved, or even the professional voice talent or the recording director know how to pronounce "quay". Where's a great facepalm gif when I need one?

It's okay. They consistently didn't know the difference between "golem" and "Gollum", either. I think I bugged it like twenty times in beta and it still drives me absolutely bananas.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #839 on: February 24, 2014, 07:27:11 AM

I need gear/state advice for my mid level ranger. The official forums are complete garbage.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or?  
Jump to: