Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:37:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this game dead or?  (Read 382130 times)
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #735 on: December 09, 2013, 06:33:09 PM

You don't really have to do any of it unless you plan on doing high level fractals really, the extremely minor stat increase is hardly worth the massive gold/time sink. Edit: if you don't play much exotics are not worth it either, rares will work just fine.

Maybe we just have very different takes on what "fine" means?

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
zumu
Terracotta Army

Reply #736 on: December 09, 2013, 08:08:10 PM

Looks like I'm just going to grind PvP til I have enough gold to gear out a WvW char.

Adding gold to PvP was a good move. Here's hoping they don't make that grind too impossible.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #737 on: December 10, 2013, 07:18:14 AM

Is it me or do they still treat WvW deaths as PvE deaths.  Having to pay repairs in PvP is really a bad mechanic. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #738 on: December 10, 2013, 07:26:40 AM

Is it me or do they still treat WvW deaths as PvE deaths.  Having to pay repairs in PvP is really a bad mechanic.  

They do unless you have the outnumbered buff and then you can die for free!

Balance patch day today, so long sweet Hammer Warrior Meta - you were wicked fun for a few months.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #739 on: December 10, 2013, 07:34:27 AM

Balance patch day today, so long sweet Hammer Warrior Meta - you were wicked fun for a few months.

I'll believe it's a real balance patch when I stop seeing a bajillion warriors and guardians in WvW.   Ohhhhh, I see.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #740 on: December 10, 2013, 08:39:03 AM

You don't really have to do any of it unless you plan on doing high level fractals really, the extremely minor stat increase is hardly worth the massive gold/time sink. Edit: if you don't play much exotics are not worth it either, rares will work just fine.

Maybe we just have very different takes on what "fine" means?

Well to me "fine" means "able to easily do all pve content, and having an statistically insignificant stat disadvantage in pvp".  All pve content besides high level fractals that require agony resist obviously.

I am the .00000001428%
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #741 on: December 10, 2013, 10:49:04 AM

Well to me "fine" means "able to easily do all pve content, and having an statistically insignificant stat disadvantage in pvp".  All pve content besides high level fractals that require agony resist obviously.

I just started playing again and the Agony/Fractal thing has me baffled.  Is there anywhere that I can find a good explanation?  My friends tell me that the higher the fractal level, the better chance for loot but the more Agony resists you need.

-  Mark Twain
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #742 on: December 10, 2013, 11:29:18 AM

I am the .00000001428%
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #743 on: December 10, 2013, 11:33:47 AM

I said a "good" explanation.  I read the wiki and need an abbreviated form.  Like how do I turn +1 agony crystals into + anything better stuff?

-  Mark Twain
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #744 on: December 10, 2013, 11:40:15 AM

Oh, well sorry i have no idea since i have no interest in any group content.  I have been selling them, apparently getting them to a high level is very expensive.  Those are a new addition though, normally you would just take one of the regular +5 infusions and slap those on any ascended item, i haven't really paid any attention to those new ones.  Speaking of fractals they removed the fractured living story, i was at 10/11 :(.

I am the .00000001428%
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #745 on: December 10, 2013, 12:50:11 PM

I skipped the fractured thing since it involved dungeons which avoid on principal.  One thing I've learned about the live story events is that I need to complete theevents in week one otherwise my chance drops effectively to 0 as the herd of people zerging the content fades away to nothing.  Since I mostly play in the early morning or afternoon there isn't a huge population to join with after the initial blitz occurs. 
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #746 on: December 10, 2013, 05:48:49 PM

This is the difference from a full set of exotic armor to ascended armor:

+60 Armor(on Heavy)
+13 Primary Stat
+11 Secondary Stat
+11 Secondary Stat

The armor difference will be lower in medium and light sets.  Basically there is zero point in crafting the ascended items unless you want the agony resist slot.

I am the .00000001428%
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #747 on: December 10, 2013, 06:26:43 PM

Time to make some money.

edit: guess not.  The price bottomed out on everything.  awesome, for real

edit #2:  Well, it was quick and cheap to make a bolt of damask, which sold for all I had spent + a fair amount. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:38:27 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #748 on: December 11, 2013, 05:23:59 AM

Before the patch my Fractal Level was 40, though I had never attempted it.  I had just been doing the occasional level 38 Daily.  After the patch I'm at 34.  Reasons to do Fractals:

1.  Fractal Weapon Skins - Only drop from the Daily Chest.  Chance goes up the higher your Fractal Level.
2.  Ascended Rings and Back - Any time I get an alt to 80 I skip Exotic (save gold) and have 2 Ascended Rings and a Back item ready to go
3.  Ascended Equipment - Weapon and Armor chests have a slight chance to drop from the Daily Chest.
4.  Achievements
5.  Fun

Check the Reward tables at the bottom:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

The effects of Agony increases in tiers.  There's none at all at levels 1-10 so you have a chance to learn each Fractal.  At level 11 it starts to kick in.  It is basically a DoT whose damage increases in each tier (it doesn't increase per level in a tier, just each tier) and your Agony Resistance lowers the damage.  In the regular levels Agony can be avoided altogether.  It gets applied by certain boss attacks which can be evaded.  However, when you get to the 4th Fractal in a run (the Boss Fractal) there's a gear check Agony attack applied to you as soon as the boss fight starts and at intervals during the fight (usually only get hit by it twice total).  This one is unavoidable.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

most often known as Drevik
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #749 on: January 01, 2014, 07:36:20 PM

Got an Xmas card from Anet - nice of them to send it even if Australia Post bent it.

Going to put it next to my Teemo statue and card that Riot sent me last year :)

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #750 on: January 13, 2014, 02:35:55 PM

http://imgur.com/a/Ykv4r#1

best endgame ever.

I am the .00000001428%
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #751 on: January 13, 2014, 03:05:44 PM

I dunno - i think Sad Panda Char is better.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #752 on: January 14, 2014, 01:54:34 AM

I've seen Sad Panda Hero around - love the look and I'd kill for the slider settings :D

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Rasix

Reply #753 on: January 22, 2014, 08:36:22 AM

More coordinated large group content.  YAY.  More waiting around in an overflow waiting for shit to spawn! YAAAAAAAAY. swamp poop Facepalm Sad Panda

-Rasix
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #754 on: January 22, 2014, 09:31:44 AM

Is this game not dead yet?  Does anyone still actually like it?

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #755 on: January 22, 2014, 09:37:49 AM

More coordinated large group content.  YAY.  More waiting around in an overflow waiting for shit to spawn! YAAAAAAAAY. swamp poop Facepalm Sad Panda

The marionette at least is on an exact timer, there is no reason to wait for it.

I am the .00000001428%
Rasix

Reply #756 on: January 22, 2014, 09:42:43 AM

Overflow.

Good luck getting into your home server instance without sitting on your ass playing Hearthstone for an hour or so.  

I've heard the Marionette is doable in an overlow, but I don't see that worm going down unless it's a very coordinated attempt.  TTS (the Teq killing guild) apparently nearly downed it.

edit:

Eh, fuck it anyhow.  I'll try enough to get what achievement points I can without screwing up my WvW play. WvW is still fun, although I'd like to see another pair of servers other than Blackgate and SOR.  SOR is in a bad state, and there's no way we can stay motivated enough (nor do we have the Euro coverage) to beat BG.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:48:42 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #757 on: January 22, 2014, 12:31:13 PM

Is this game not dead yet?  Does anyone still actually like it?

I still like it a lot and play daily.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:32:50 PM by murdoc »

Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #758 on: January 22, 2014, 02:23:51 PM

Have they adjusted the large-group content so it's doable for the lower-population servers? I quit playing when my server (Eredon Terrace) couldn't finish any of the large-group content even after a week of prepping and planning, with all of the "big" guilds in full force (and even with some aggressive guesting).
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #759 on: January 22, 2014, 07:40:40 PM

Given the giant middle finger they gave small guilds with their guild activities, I'm going to say good luck getting them to reduce anything for the lower pop servers.  Maybe y'all should consider making a server-wide guild.

Is this game not dead yet?  Does anyone still actually like it?
There are parts I like, but they're fostering worse and worse behavior.  I expect it won't be long until I'm totally over it.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #760 on: January 22, 2014, 08:04:47 PM

It's a good game in some ways, but the direction since release has been pretty consistently "what? why?" Still like popping in once in a while, but. Eh. That terrible WvW league idea kinda killed it for me (in that I got bored and left, and haven't felt the need to return for more than 10 minutes since).

God Save the Horn Players
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #761 on: January 22, 2014, 08:15:04 PM

I want to like the WvW so much but the terrible, terrible class balance in that venue just kills it for me.  I've long since past the point of playing a game that makes me angry in the hope I can get some fun out of it.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #762 on: January 22, 2014, 08:23:01 PM

The balance isn't great (lol warriors) but for how I played (and what, to a lesser degree), it was rarely an issue for me. I certainly don't hate anything about Guild Wars 2 ... there's just a lot of shit about it that make me go "whelp, can't do any of that shit," which makes it lack any stickiness.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #763 on: January 22, 2014, 08:24:46 PM

I hate my pet. I'm pretty sure it hates me back.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #764 on: January 22, 2014, 09:22:54 PM

My pet either stands in fire (especially in the cannon fractal) and dies or jumps ahead of me in the asura/harpy jumps... then laughs at me when I fall off and die... then resses me to show me how to do it again.

Put my warrior through a fractal today with 40 AR, same as my ranger. I really need to stop using soldier's gear - I become a boss magnet - but I hate playing berserker warrior.

In terms of my fractal runners' survivability, it goes GS/sceptre/focus guardian > sceptre/dagger elementalist = axe/warhorn/longbow ranger > warrior.

What really shits me about fractals is that Guards can facetank where warriors have to run ranged on a lot of bosses. That and the fact that melee ranger is fail in a fractal. I'm hoping that they come good on their promises that the #1 autoattack is removed as they are promising.

Last fractal run was 1, 1, 3, 1, shit 2, 2, 1 shit my longbow is still in combat, fuckrootedcantdodge*splat*wher'smyfuckingaxe

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #765 on: January 22, 2014, 09:57:33 PM

What are they promising?

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #766 on: January 23, 2014, 04:44:48 AM

Current promise is to remove the root from autoattack. Explanation for those that don't know: Currently sword/x rangers get some avoidance from their autoattack but are rooted in place stopping you from stepping back or dodging. You can either #2 or weapon swap to disengage but if your swap and #2 are on CD then you are boned. Option 2 is to switch off autoattack and manually hit #1 which is painful but doable - just, because you still get problems with the animation locking you sometimes.

The promise is to fix the root so that the ranger's highest DPS weapon doesn't get them killed (as much) aka remove the root.

Now all they need to do is fix pet hide so the little bugger doesn't pop out and preferably buff rangers who don't have pets out - but that won't happen, instead they will be left with a creature that dies to AoE and drops ranger dps.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #767 on: January 23, 2014, 05:49:02 AM

It's not avoidance, it's a little mini gap closer for stickiness. 2h Ranger sword is the evade on auto.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #768 on: January 23, 2014, 10:00:29 AM

My pet either stands in fire (especially in the cannon fractal) and dies or jumps ahead of me in the asura/harpy jumps... then laughs at me when I fall off and die... then resses me to show me how to do it again.

Put my warrior through a fractal today with 40 AR, same as my ranger. I really need to stop using soldier's gear - I become a boss magnet - but I hate playing berserker warrior.

In terms of my fractal runners' survivability, it goes GS/sceptre/focus guardian > sceptre/dagger elementalist = axe/warhorn/longbow ranger > warrior.

What really shits me about fractals is that Guards can facetank where warriors have to run ranged on a lot of bosses. That and the fact that melee ranger is fail in a fractal. I'm hoping that they come good on their promises that the #1 autoattack is removed as they are promising.

Last fractal run was 1, 1, 3, 1, shit 2, 2, 1 shit my longbow is still in combat, fuckrootedcantdodge*splat*wher'smyfuckingaxe

The new armor combination that drops from the marionette is power precision and healing, it might be better than soldiers.  I hear healing doesn't scale well at all though.

I am the .00000001428%
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #769 on: January 23, 2014, 02:44:05 PM

Once they put in mandatory group end game content I quit playing.  Their dungeons and story lines SUCK.  Everything else is pretty cool though.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or?  
Jump to: