Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:16:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this game dead or?  (Read 387772 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #560 on: October 17, 2013, 03:35:46 PM

I get their theory that it gets "boring" to face the same servers all the time (indeed, getting a little break from SoR and BG a few months ago was sorely needed by JQ), but the problem is, I think people find it more boring to just stomp/be stomped by wildly mismatched servers. And the stupid bloodlust bullshit doesn't help that at all.

God Save the Horn Players
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #561 on: October 17, 2013, 03:47:39 PM

I finally read about the leagues ( awesome, for real I know).  Uhhh, this won't work.  It'll work for 2 weeks and then, no, it won't work.  

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #562 on: October 17, 2013, 04:44:36 PM

It's going to be so dumb.

Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #563 on: October 17, 2013, 08:15:57 PM

This may be nitpicky, but none of the stuff said by JQ people is "complaining."

I did try to stealth-fix that.  It's a sore spot; I realize you guys weren't being personal.  I just felt like Tom Branson listening to the Crawleys talk shit about Ireland at the dinner table.

If iwe are losing hard, TC WvW is a ghost town.  No commander tags are up.  Map chat is dead.  Server mumble is empty.  The same is true, though , if we are winning disproportionately.  The whole thing is  swamp poop

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #564 on: October 19, 2013, 12:19:02 AM

SoR and BG are already wailing that JQ has an easier schedule than they do bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

TC should have a good time this week, at least, they're up against SoS and #magswag.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #565 on: October 19, 2013, 07:50:45 AM

Tried to PVP yesterday.  Got my ass handed to me so quickly so often I wonder what the fuck the point of trying is now.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #566 on: October 19, 2013, 07:57:11 AM

I mostly just couldn't deal with the massive skill lag.

I am the .00000001428%
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #567 on: October 19, 2013, 08:16:11 AM

Yea I still haven't tried PvP here. I did enjoy the BGs in WoW, so I'd probably go with WvW here maybe. I've been enjoying the leveling up PvE and DEs enough as it is. I feel like going PvP would be going to almost a differnet game.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #568 on: October 19, 2013, 05:44:09 PM

I am the .00000001428%
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #569 on: October 19, 2013, 06:52:38 PM

Around this time Arena-net should be releasing a new expansion.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #570 on: October 19, 2013, 07:33:10 PM

Around this time Arena-net should be releasing a new expansion.

This. It's not like people haven't been screaming out for it. Anet is sadly all "that's nice, have a shitty 2 week living story that many couldn't give a damn about". TBH, Fire and frost was the only good one so far and even then as a living story it's pathetic.

I wish I could say I'm done with the game. Instead I crafted 4 more ascended weapons taking my total to 7  ACK!

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #571 on: October 19, 2013, 07:39:36 PM

I've tried other games, i simply cannot handle the movement on any of them anymore.  Even the dodge rolling on secret world felt clunky.

I am the .00000001428%
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #572 on: October 19, 2013, 07:48:36 PM

Yeah, I booted Rift up and shut it off after 30 minutes.  GW2 has spoiled me.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #573 on: October 19, 2013, 08:23:32 PM

That how it was like with Guild Wars 1 for me.

So no instant travel to regions I already explored? Uninstall.
No free reallocation of skill points? Uninstall.
Pointless level/weapon grind for pvp? Uninstall.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #574 on: October 20, 2013, 06:20:31 AM

Decided to play some WvW and had a lot of fun. Had an exotic drop so linked it only to watch people get all excited.

Apparently The Legend* is a good drop?  awesome, for real

Think I'll sell it and buy The Colossus and put the rest of the gold towards The Hunter.

* The Legend is the Staff Precurser for the legendary

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #575 on: October 20, 2013, 07:37:57 AM

I hate you so much right now.

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #576 on: October 20, 2013, 07:39:17 AM

PSA: if you are going to sell to the lowest bidder put it up for auction for 1 copper over vendor price.  It automatically sells to highest bidder but you pay the listing fee on the price you used.  It might sound kinda scary but it will save you about 15-20 gold depending on price.

I am the .00000001428%
Rasix

Reply #577 on: October 20, 2013, 01:54:56 PM

Apparently The Legend* is a good drop?  awesome, for real

Die.  I'm broke now that I've geared another character for wvw (runes, weapons, sigil, some trinks) and finished my ascended staff.  I don't think I play enough to actually make money. I might abandon ascended crafting all together, and just speculate on materials or just sell out once ascended armor crafting is released.  That stuff's for rich people.

Getting a power set for my necro, upgrading my ele's trinkets and then gearing a tank is probably worth more to me than doing another climb to 500.  

Of course, now that I can't get into wvw reliably due to queues, I have time to farm.  Seriously, fuck these stupid achievements.  It's hard to compete when you've got a bunch of assholes afk, doing jumping puzzles, or running around in berserker's gear.   And they're always spamming dumb shit in map chat.  I wish the Halloween event was pooping out free champs bags faster and had worse grinds just to get these people out of the damn borderlands and EB.  I'm not sure what voodoo BG and SoR are doing in order to get their fair weather wvwers to actually do something.  Their blobs seem unaffected.   And they actually get their guilds in..  shocked

Shaking fist Tantrum Cry

-Rasix
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #578 on: October 20, 2013, 03:39:24 PM

It's probably the last minute wagon, since we won the last couple weeks before the league.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #579 on: October 20, 2013, 04:25:02 PM

BG and SoR probably paid to move all their PvEers over to JQ.  awesome, for real

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #580 on: October 21, 2013, 04:35:23 AM

Really, it should be fine in another day or two as people get their achievements and never return. Even tonight the queue's went from hours to minutes.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #581 on: October 21, 2013, 04:42:42 AM

Wvw is a different set of queues from the team pvp, yes?  I had instant access to the random team stuff on my server, but after getting my clock cleaned I didn't even try the WVW stuff.

Still struggling to figure out how I'm supposed to get 13 achievements for the next Halloween step when there's only 12 possible ones and I have no desire to do the pvp finisher one.  undecided

Also, is there an easier way to map fill than running around to each and every check point?  I joined a new guild last night when I ran in to them trying the world dragon. (My previous guild had all of 4 people on at any one time.)  Turned out it was the night they do guild events but I missed out on two because I didn't have waypoints and it took me too long to run from 3 maps away.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #582 on: October 21, 2013, 04:57:58 AM

PvP and WvW are totally separate. PvP is it's own entire rule set with it's own 'gear' and world. Everyone has the exact same item access in PvP and characters are automatically level 80 in PvP (not up-scaled, full 80 with full traits etc). WvW is DaoC/Warhammer style RvR, using any and all items/consumables available in PvE. Builds that are extremely powerful in PvP are often utterly useless in WvW and vice versa. Different scales to combat and stat combinations and vastly different objectives.

It's a LOT easier to just casually attach yourself to a zerg and follow a commander pin in WvW, then it is to jump into the PvP scene.

You pretty much just have to run around to places as far as I know. You can reach Lion's Arch easily by just going to the PvP lobby and exiting the gate.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #583 on: October 21, 2013, 05:07:49 AM

Ah, I see now. That explains why I got my ass handed to me the one time I went in to the borderlands areas. I didn't notice I wasn't upleveled.  Then again my server doesn't seem to do the WvW thing *at all* as we're always the tiniest slice of the pie chart, owning maybe one or two nodes ever.

Thanks for the tips.   Hit 59 last night and now it's just feeling like a grind to 80.  Been to Lion's Arch, etc but haven't map-filled since I've been Champ Zerging and event hopping for XP.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #584 on: October 21, 2013, 05:09:41 AM

Everyone is upleveled to 80 in the WvW maps.

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #585 on: October 21, 2013, 07:04:24 AM

Still struggling to figure out how I'm supposed to get 13 achievements for the next Halloween step when there's only 12 possible ones and I have no desire to do the pvp finisher one.  undecided

Every day there are two halloween achievements on the daily tab.

I am the .00000001428%
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #586 on: October 21, 2013, 07:24:08 AM

It's a LOT easier to just casually attach yourself to a zerg and follow a commander pin in WvW, then it is to jump into the PvP scene.

Yep, this is the best way to get acclimated in WvW.  Find your blast finishers and combo fields, and use them often (commanders will usually call for them too).

TC/Mag/SoS is a good matchup indeed.  TC has the advantage but you can tell it's a popular match because the queues are long.  Now everyone is complaining about the wait time, which isn't helped by the fact that Anet has admitted that their queue system is messed up.

Rasix

Reply #587 on: October 21, 2013, 07:48:07 AM

Ah, I see now. That explains why I got my ass handed to me the one time I went in to the borderlands areas. I didn't notice I wasn't upleveled.  Then again my server doesn't seem to do the WvW thing *at all* as we're always the tiniest slice of the pie chart, owning maybe one or two nodes ever.

Thanks for the tips.   Hit 59 last night and now it's just feeling like a grind to 80.  Been to Lion's Arch, etc but haven't map-filled since I've been Champ Zerging and event hopping for XP.

You're upleveled, but (correct me if I'm wrong), you're still not going to be upleveled to exotics. Those still make a difference.  And like Fordel said, your gear isn't going to be tailored for it.   I wvw'd a fair bit with my underleveled elementalist and still did OK.   I was able to provide a lot of fields, but I was really noobish and squishy.   I still kind of am, as I have no real good grasp on siege placement and range, and the most strategic aspects of it all.  However, my positioning is better and I'm not quite as squishy.  

The good thing is, you'll be able to buy some 80 exotic gear with all of the Badges of Honor you get from achievement chests up to this point.  You can get some good wvw type of gear that isn't even craftable, like Soldier's, Rabid and Dire.

-Rasix
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #588 on: October 21, 2013, 08:12:09 AM

You can also complete the pvp finisher one in The Mists staging area.  When you first zone into the Mists head to the back of the zone where there are NPCs for each profession.  You can duel them and when you down one use one of your Halloween finishers and you will get credit towards the achievement.

most often known as Drevik
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #589 on: October 21, 2013, 10:03:07 AM

Ah ha! Thanks that'll be most beneficial.

Those count? Well shit then, that's awesome. All I need to do is save a few trick or treat bags instead of spamming them open as I get them. Thanks.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #590 on: October 26, 2013, 11:29:32 PM

Sold the staff precursor, sold everything I had in terms of mats, bought the hammer precursor and learnt Sorrow's Embrace.

I'm not doing that again in a hurry.

Hello Juggernaut for PvP

Rasix

Reply #591 on: October 27, 2013, 12:27:44 AM

Grats!

Well, this matchup is fucking boring.  Learned the jumping puzzle, though.  awesome, for real

And somehow Mag talks more shit than SoR and BG combined.

-Rasix
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #592 on: October 27, 2013, 09:02:05 AM

Did you not know about #MagSwag?  why so serious?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #593 on: October 27, 2013, 09:20:31 AM

Did you not know about #MagSwag?  why so serious?

#Swagguma, we do have the goons after all.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #594 on: October 27, 2013, 10:48:14 AM

Basically, Sjofn and I are waiting on the Mag vs SoR forum war, it will be the highlight of gold league.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or?  
Jump to: