Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:09:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this game dead or?  (Read 382245 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: August 16, 2013, 02:28:13 PM

Gold -> Gem pricing will rise and fall every few weeks based on new things appearing in lockboxes and the like. If nothing new is out, nobody's spiking the price.

You can also get a few gems from the achievement chests, but very VERY few and far between (the 5k chest has 400 gems in it.  I suspect any crazy 10k chest may as well)

edit: but for some content: NEXT PATCH: Tuesday. Main thing changing so far in the preview? PVE Culling: Gone.

Also, it's the one year anniversary next year, so birthday presents will begin. It's looking like a static mini this time, mini queen jenna. So nobody cares, but they're glad it's not mini Traehern. Also an increase to WXP earning rates in WvW. I suspect it will be light on the balance changes because we're still dealing with the PAX tournament and nobody expects any balance changes until that's done with.

When the fuck is that tourney over or whatever.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: August 16, 2013, 02:58:09 PM

PAX itself is the 31st->Sept 2nd. Expect a massive patch on Sept 3rd at best (assuming nobody takes a break between the end of PAX and the new patch), 17th at worst.

Supposedly they're going to do some massive content reveal at PAX that is not an expansion. Realistically it's just going to be a preview of more living world stuff I'd bet.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: August 16, 2013, 04:28:54 PM

I am super confident there's a whole fuck load of changes for rangers, but they are holding them all back because of the stupid tourney.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: August 16, 2013, 05:38:13 PM

I have a harbour bridge for sale - slightly used - if you'd like to buy that too :(

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: August 16, 2013, 07:34:38 PM

I'm far more confident there are changes to terrormancers and probably spirit rangers waiting in the wings. If they're smart, it will be coupled with (at least a preview of) the first wave of new weapon selections to distract people.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #285 on: August 16, 2013, 10:15:19 PM

If they add MH pistol to mesmers and I will be as distracted as they want!

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: August 16, 2013, 11:33:28 PM

Rangers are going to get some nerfs in SPvP probably yea, but they are going to give us more bullshit stealth stuff in return. Just watch.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: August 18, 2013, 01:19:20 AM

Just finished my second warrior. Previously I'd been told signet builds were useless past level 40. Not any more they aren't, they are great for levelling to 80 and awesome for farming.

I'm loving Axe/mace and GS again and ended up going 30/0/0/10/30 on both warriors

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: August 18, 2013, 01:28:01 AM

You can fairly trivially get 100% crit rate on Signet warriors. It's pretty lawl worthy.  why so serious?

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: August 18, 2013, 02:10:41 AM

Warriors seem ridiculously overpowered in PvE, to the point where I don't think my Mesmer can even do 50% of the damage they it out and they survive better...
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #290 on: August 18, 2013, 12:02:25 PM

Mesmer damage is just pretty sad in general beyond shatter builds. They got over nerfed a while back and never really recovered.

But yeah, my warrior can pretty much face tank things and give zero fucks. I think my necro beats him in theory for single target and my ranger does okay, but both of them wind up being crazy squishy in comparison due to warrior's easy access to invulns and crazy long duration stability.

Really though, my ranger's pve problems are entirely dumb pets in dungeons and sword #1 being irritating as fuck to use. My Mesmer's pve problems are that while I can do anything my other classes can do, it just takes 3-4x as long to do it.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: August 18, 2013, 07:13:45 PM

When I hit 40 with my Warrior just the other day, I was able to unlock that Might proc on GS strikes. I now know why every warrior runs around with a GS.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: August 19, 2013, 02:04:39 AM

Took my old warrior into Crucible of Eternity story mode last night. While my new one uses berserker gear, the old one runs knight's with berserker trinkets and divinity runes and a battle sigil on eack swap. With 22 stacks of might and about 70% crit my night was made when I weapon swapped from axe/mace to GS (love fast hands) and pulled off a 25K final hit with 100 blades.

I'd love to try Scholar runes to see if that would take me higher but I can't keep >90% health up but I'm not replacing the divinities - too damn expensive and I like the bonuses - there are times that not having them would have killed me.

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: August 19, 2013, 05:01:43 AM

That's what I mean. Do you know how long it would take my Mesmer to do 25K worth of damage?  I can't think of a single skill I have, in full exotics, that can do 2K without critting. My phantoms can do a ton of damage IF they survive to unload a few attacks, but generally they don't.

Have to say overall the class depresses me. It's such a wonderful, wonderful concept for a class and I love the illusions and clones and everything, but in PvE it seems stupidly underpowered and really only viable thanks to Time Warp.

On the plus side, experimenting with an engineer has been great fun - seems to click more for me than the elementalist did.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: August 19, 2013, 06:33:36 AM

I'm loving Axe/mace and GS again and ended up going 30/0/0/10/30 on both warriors

I hadn't ever really done much with my warrior other than get him 80 and have some half-ass spec I made up. I switched to this on Saturday and haven't looked back. I didn't go ALL Beserker gear yet (half Knight's) and it's already pretty smashfacingly good. Pretty nice rotation that does VERY good damage.

I just stuck Ruby Orbs into my armor for now, but Divinity Runes would be super duper.

Leveling right now is ridiculously easy too - I took my Necro from 62-80 in a little over a week with my spotty playtime without much difficulty. The Crown Pavillion stuff made it easy to level and not even worry about any sort of gearing as I went the last 20 levels. Finished it off by crafting 200-400 and my new exotic armor.

Setting on a 30/0/10/0/30 DPS build that I am pretty happy with.

I find it pretty awesome that I actually have a couple of decently geared, fun to play, max level characters in an MMO which I have never had before. Problem is my small guild of friends is down to 2 people so there's a whole lot of solo play and I'm not much of a PUG guy to do dungeons and fractals.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:36:22 AM by murdoc »

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: August 19, 2013, 07:11:09 AM

Took my old warrior into Crucible of Eternity story mode last night. While my new one uses berserker gear, the old one runs knight's with berserker trinkets and divinity runes and a battle sigil on eack swap. With 22 stacks of might and about 70% crit my night was made when I weapon swapped from axe/mace to GS (love fast hands) and pulled off a 25K final hit with 100 blades.

I'd love to try Scholar runes to see if that would take me higher but I can't keep >90% health up but I'm not replacing the divinities - too damn expensive and I like the bonuses - there are times that not having them would have killed me.

Scholar's are the best if you can keep >90% health for ~24% of the on target time of the fight.

A very cheap alternative that is nearly as good is simply using ruby orbs for dps.

And divinities are goddamned expensive. I personally default to orbs if I can't find a set I absolutely love the bonuses for. If I'm just after stats and nothing like boon duration or such the orbs wind up being about 2G total assuming you don't already have some lying around.

edit: and randomly: hundred blades is just a silly skill. It's overpowered as fuck in pve and some pvp (like the current mace/shield + gs build of doom). But a mesmer CAN do decent burst damage via shatter builds. But it's nowhere near the same tier. Same with Engineers in theory being able to drop a 17k 1-second burst down but in reality it takes so much work to set up that it's only useful against practice dummies and the world's easiest pve bosses.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:15:44 AM by kildorn »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: August 20, 2013, 10:00:51 AM

The new zodiac weapons are amazing.  Except the warhorn, which has you blowing directly into a chickens asshole.

I am the .00000001428%
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #297 on: August 20, 2013, 10:04:16 AM

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-20-2013

Release notes. No real class changes. Update to the living world meta, and notification that the current arena thing closes on the 3rd.

Looks like open world invasions and a new temporary instance (no idea if it's solo or 5 man)
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: August 20, 2013, 12:49:59 PM

This update basically turns one zone an hour into a giant invasion event from Rift. Unfortunately folks haven't lernt the skills from RIFT about how to do zone wide group content so most times we lose because people dont split up and just stay in one zerg...
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: August 20, 2013, 12:55:01 PM

Zodiac weapons, aka BUY OUR FUCKING KEYS  why so serious?

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: August 20, 2013, 01:01:41 PM

Some people are complaining about the way the zodiac skins look. I am not one of those people AND I NEED KEYS ARGH
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #301 on: August 20, 2013, 01:16:53 PM

Most of those skins are pretty ugly, I think. I do like the bows.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: August 20, 2013, 01:42:51 PM

I'm not a huge fan of them either, but that's ok since the last thing I need is incentive to get some gems.

Still liked the Fused stuff the best.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: August 20, 2013, 01:44:48 PM

I love almost all of them.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: August 20, 2013, 02:16:38 PM

Jade staff is best staff. Now if only it was actually VISIBLE on an asura (this goes for every other weapon out there, too)...  awesome, for real

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #305 on: August 20, 2013, 03:20:48 PM

Aw, why's the rabbit gotta be on the stupid scepter.  Heartbreak

God Save the Horn Players
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: August 20, 2013, 04:47:36 PM

I fail to see the appeal of turning off pve culling or why it was necessary at all.

I am the .00000001428%
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #307 on: August 20, 2013, 04:51:50 PM

You don't like being able to see the monsters you're fighting?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: August 20, 2013, 04:56:09 PM

I never had any problem seeing monsters, the only change is now i see about ten times the amount of people around which actually makes it harder to see anything at all.

I am the .00000001428%
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: August 20, 2013, 07:30:02 PM

I never had any problem seeing monsters, the only change is now i see about ten times the amount of people around which actually makes it harder to see anything at all.

Culling was stupid in a number of events where you could see players fine, but not see mobs. Because players have higher render priority.

The change is a bit laggy, but the new bit is that you can see mobs, not that you see more players exactly. If you're seeing more players you were already in a situation where it wasn't rendering mobs first for the most part.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: August 21, 2013, 05:42:35 AM

That's what I mean. Do you know how long it would take my Mesmer to do 25K worth of damage?  I can't think of a single skill I have, in full exotics, that can do 2K without critting. My phantoms can do a ton of damage IF they survive to unload a few attacks, but generally they don't.

Have to say overall the class depresses me. It's such a wonderful, wonderful concept for a class and I love the illusions and clones and everything, but in PvE it seems stupidly underpowered and really only viable thanks to Time Warp. 

Ya I have one of every class up to 60 except my mesmer who stalled in the low 50's. It's just hard to bother logging in to level a character who is so depressingly bad.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: August 21, 2013, 01:37:05 PM

Get the mesmer to 60, that's when they start to come alive :)

Currently I'm sitting on 14 Level 80s and the only two classes I can't bring myself to level a second char on is engineer and necro.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: August 21, 2013, 01:59:37 PM

Amusingly, necro is one of my favorite 80s. But leveling him was obnoxious.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: August 21, 2013, 02:20:19 PM

Amusingly, necro is one of my favorite 80s. But leveling him was obnoxious.

Having just got my Necro to 80, I would have to agree. Totally fun now and I'm glad I got that last twenty levels just AoE'ing the Hell out of the Pavilion event.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: August 21, 2013, 02:35:17 PM

Having just got my Necro to 80, I would have to agree. Totally fun now and I'm glad I got that last twenty levels just AoE'ing the Hell out of the Pavilion event.

Wow to both of you. I enjoyed leveling my necro immensely. Guess that was because I used a pet build that everyone swore was gimped.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or?  
Jump to: