Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:20:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Defiance. The TV show, not the game... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Defiance. The TV show, not the game...  (Read 38106 times)
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: September 26, 2014, 12:43:30 AM

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: October 09, 2014, 01:39:12 AM

Was time to clean out the DVR so finally got around to watching season 2 recently. Actually liked it better then season 1. Glad it's been renewed for season 3.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: September 01, 2015, 07:54:07 AM

Did anyone else watch season 3? It was the best one yet by far, but the ending felt like a series finale.

I am the .00000001428%
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: September 01, 2015, 08:01:21 AM

I enjoyed it. It was a bit uneven in some parts but overall pretty enjoyable. I think they were not confident of getting a season 4 and so decided to give it a good finale and if that is the last episode this show gets I think they can all hold their heads pretty high it went out on a good note with some really nice special effects.

I liked that everybody was sad about nolan but irisa who realized her dad was living out his dream he had since he was a little kid. That would make a hell of a spin off nolan and yuel to infinity and beyond.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: September 01, 2015, 09:03:15 AM

I liked it for the most part even though the Omec turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. The ending itself was ok even if there is never anything more in the particular "universe".
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: September 01, 2015, 09:14:38 AM

Syfy picked up Killjoys and Dark Matter today but have no decision on this show yet... I gave up during season 1 when it seemed like it was trying to be a modern CW version of Babylon 5.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: September 01, 2015, 09:19:26 AM

Syfy picked up Killjoys and Dark Matter today but have no decision on this show yet... I gave up during season 1 when it seemed like it was trying to be a modern CW version of Babylon 5.

I would think that both of those are alot cheaper to produce since they have a smaller cast by far.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: September 01, 2015, 10:02:18 AM

Defiance is much, much better than Dark Matter or Killjoys.  Dark Matter is inexplicably boring despite having an interesting premise.  It's like someone decided to make Farscape without the aliens or fun.  Killjoys is just terrible.

Over and out.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: September 01, 2015, 10:57:33 AM

Defiance is much, much better than Dark Matter or Killjoys.  Dark Matter is inexplicably boring despite having an interesting premise.  It's like someone decided to make Farscape without the aliens or fun.  Killjoys is just terrible.

Dark Matter has too much stuff as any of the main (6) characters' backstory could be a show in itself so cramming them all into a 13 episode season (in addition to the whole memory loss plot) is just too much.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: September 01, 2015, 11:10:13 AM

Defiance is a mess of a show with the characters changing personalites to fit the current episode. Each one is mind controled/mind altered every episode as well.  The mayor is tough as nails one episode, the next and she's a 'mewling quim'.  The Olmec keep saying they eat Castafans, bitch go ahead and eat Stama stop talking to your food!  I've tried and tried to watch this show but kind of quit halfway through season two, I didn't realize it came back on and only saw a handful of season three. 

Killjoys is Downton Abby in comparison. The characters are better written and consistent and they do attempt a lot of world building.  Yeah, it's kind of lame in some aspects, but hey, bounty hunters in space!  If I see another 'strangers on a mysterious starship' I think I'll puke.  Dark Matter doesn't matter.  I quickly tired of sterotypical asian martial artist and other nonsense. 

I've bitched Syfy doesn't have scifi on it so now that it does I'll at least watch Killjoys, worse ways to spend an hour.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #150 on: September 01, 2015, 01:25:29 PM

I think Killjoys is just awful, too.  If I had to pick between Killjoys and Dark Matter, Dark Matter would win.  Slightly.  I do, however, enjoy Defiance.  Probably because of those daffy white people.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #151 on: September 01, 2015, 05:24:42 PM

I like all three. =P

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: September 01, 2015, 05:29:53 PM

I like all three. =P

Ditto, defiance was the best one though.

I am the .00000001428%
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: October 16, 2015, 05:23:01 PM

Just saw that this was cancelled.  While not a great show, I still think it was better than Dark Matter or Killjoys.  It had some good world building but poor storytelling, in my opinion.  They could have gone with a Deadwood-esque theme with aliens but instead it just kind of wandered around aimlessly, plot-wise.

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: October 16, 2015, 05:44:49 PM

I guess they might call it a cancellation, but we got a series finale type episode so I'm fine with this.  Honestly i have no idea what they could have done for another season anyways.

I am the .00000001428%
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: October 19, 2015, 09:06:54 AM

sad to see it cancelled but clearly they thought that was in the air and gave it a perfectly servicable series finale so I am okay with this.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: October 19, 2015, 09:13:29 AM

sad to see it cancelled but clearly they thought that was in the air and gave it a perfectly servicable series finale so I am okay with this.

It might be that the MMO for Defiance wasn't doing much (anymore) for the show nor did the MMO benefit from the show so continuing a (in all honesty mediocre) show wasn't viable.
Glad to see it end on a high note with some of the plot actually resolved instead of a big cliffhanger (like Almost Human etc single season shows).
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: October 19, 2015, 02:20:07 PM

Yup ending up with defiance safe and pretty secure and with Nathan getting to live out his childhood dream of exploring the universe in a space ship. Pretty good solid ending there with some room if they did get reupped but overall went out on a pretty strong finish.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: October 19, 2015, 03:02:33 PM

It might be that the MMO for Defiance wasn't doing much (anymore) for the show nor did the MMO benefit from the show so continuing a (in all honesty mediocre) show wasn't viable.
I think I saw a note today that the MMO will continue.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Defiance. The TV show, not the game...  
Jump to: