Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:17:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: ATTN SPACE LARPER: CHECK YOURSELF 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATTN SPACE LARPER: CHECK YOURSELF  (Read 152359 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #210 on: September 23, 2013, 08:25:58 PM

Yeesh.  That inventory.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #211 on: September 24, 2013, 11:49:47 AM

There's nostalgia and there's plain bad fucking UI design. Guess which one those bags fall into.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #212 on: September 25, 2013, 02:44:24 PM

ACK!  swamp poop

It's not bad enough that you have to drag and drop, no right click, no "loot all."  You have to do it for each individual item, and then again when you split that item? It's 1998 all over again!

This is going to be hilarious to watch.  I hope those 3,000 people get their $85 worth, and L.B. can run a business on it because I don't see it getting much larger.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #213 on: September 25, 2013, 05:04:32 PM

Let's decorate our house with Richard Garriott! Everything you need for your OCD!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

http://youtu.be/n8tKuMvUYzY

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: September 26, 2013, 02:53:33 PM

There's nostalgia and there's plain bad fucking UI design. Guess which one those bags fall into.
Yea but that's what our nostalgia is of. The early shit sucked UI-wise while we were getting dickpunched by the game mechanic itself. And we paid a monthly fee for it while probably PlayerAuction'ing for a leg up.  awesome, for real
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #215 on: September 26, 2013, 05:31:54 PM

The sleeping bag should be IN the tent otherwise what's the purpose of having a tent at all?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
craan
Terracotta Army

... . ...br.. . ..br. . ...br

Reply #216 on: October 29, 2013, 03:16:11 AM

It seems like I will still have to snoop through 20 different bags in a toon's backpack to find their Black Pearl and/or Mandrake Root to steal so they can't Recall or cast any useful spells.

PWYWWYFSWLSOCA
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: November 01, 2013, 10:29:53 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #218 on: December 12, 2013, 03:51:00 AM

Looks like they're opting for staggered release of (presumably) alpha content (to get optimized along the way).

Long post (sorry, apparently I can't use a spoiler tag in this section of the forums) :

Hello Everyone,

We are incredibly excited to get Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues on your desktops very soon! As you have seen via our updates and progress videos, we have been making steady progress since our successful Kickstarter earlier this year. We have built out sections of the world while also developing housing, combat, crafting, conversations, AI, story and inventory. As our backers, you have a critical role to play in our development by providing feedback on design and soon the game itself.

As a crowd funded and crowd sourced project, we feel it is incredibly important that we provide our backers with information and access well before game studios would normally do so in a traditional development model. Traditionally, the players are given information and access only after the development team has already decided exactly how things will be done and even after it has already been implemented. By the time the public has access to the product, there is usually no time to meaningfully react to the public feedback

Shroud of the Avatar is different than the traditional model, as we intend to offer our backers extremely early access to information and even the game itself. With that said, we also want to be very careful that we only provide access to portions of the game when they are ready for a wider range of feedback. If we can play it internally and we know it is not ready, then there is nothing to be gained by having a wider audience come to the same conclusion. In fact, it could be quite damaging to do so.

Our strategy over the next few months is to provide you with focused and iterative releases of content. Your feedback during these releases will be critical to making the final product the best it can be and we appreciate that you are all so willing to devote your time to helping us. The first few releases will be very tightly scoped so access will be confined to a few days. With Release 4, we will have a representative game loop and we will likely increase access time. Please note that game data will be wiped periodically during early access.

Below is the currently planned schedule for releases over the next few months. It is important to note that all dates and deliverables are subject to change.

RELEASE 1: December 12 – December 14, 2013

Install / Patching system: Step one for you guys to play the game is for you to download the game and then patch the game. Since this is the first hands on impression of the product, it is critical.
Login / Registration: Players should be able to log in using their existing accounts and if they have not yet registered, they should be intuitively led to the steps to register.
Character Creation: Players should be able to create and customize their character. Creation / Customization options for Release 1 will include: name, gender, head shape, skin tone, hair style, hair color, and eye color.
Single Player Online: All public releases prior to commercial launch will be online only. For Release 1 and 2, it will be constrained to single player online only.
First Town: Our first town (perhaps Owl’s Head) will be open for business. This is important for testing purposes so we can better tune our performance metrics on real user machines. For Release 1, exiting the town will just funnel you back into the same town (anyone see Groundhog Day?)
Conversation: Important that players converse with the townsfolk so we can start expanding the dialog system. As you talk to NPCs, we will be tracking your conversations and using them to add more content based on your input.
Bag Inventory: This is a hot topic in the forums so we want to get it in your hands for feedback on preferences. Immersion vs. ease of use, let the battle begin!
Equipment: Players will be provided with several chests full of “ph@t lootz” (armor, clothes, weapons, etc.) for trying on for size.
House Claiming: Players will be able to select a house from the entire list of player houses (even Lord of the Manor!) for free so that we can test out the various size houses on the lots and allow players to test drive the various houses so they can have a better idea of which they ultimately want to own.
House Decorating: Chests full of furniture and decorative items will be provided so you can stress test the decoration system and try out various styles of interiors. Help us figure out all the ways you can break things! (Look forward to screenshot contests on this!)
Metrics: All the while you are playing, we will be stress testing our metrics system. This system is critical to maintaining a balanced economy, tracking exploits, and gathering data to improve the experience.

RELEASE 2: January 24 – January 26 2014

Crafting: We will be opening up crafting for testing with more than 100 recipes. Chests full of crafting resources will be provided. Crafting will initially focus on refining and production for smithing, tailoring, and carpentry.
Shopping: Shopkeepers will be open for business for selling and buying.
Town 2: An additional municipality (likely village sized) will be open for business! Exiting one municipality will take you immediately to the other municipality.
List Inventory: For those who prefer spreadsheets to immersion. The inventory battle royale continues!
Character Customization++: Characters will be wiped, but you will now have even more options when creating your character to make it look unique including: facial features, scaling, and more content (hairstyles, head shapes, skin tones, hair colors, etc.)

RELEASE 3: February 20 – 22, 2014

Open Multiplayer Online: FINALLY we will let you see what the other players look like BUT we’ll be taking away your house for the month as we prepare housing to have persistence in the multiplayer space for Release 4.
Chat: You know, so you can talk to your friends!
Emotes: More than 30 emotes online so you can look like a clown with your friends.
Town 3: A third municipality opens up (perhaps the lovely oceanside village of Kingsport).

RELEASE 4: March 20 – ?, 2014

Hidden Vale: A hidden island north north east of the mainland with numerous biomes to explore via the overworld map system
10 Hidden Vale Scenes: With the opening of the overworld, we need something to do between the cities so we will be turning on the first 10 scenes including wilderness, caves, and dungeons.
Combat / Magic: Those first 10 scenes might have stuff in them, so we’ve decided we should give you a way to fight back! A wide array of combat and magic skills, along with the ability to assemble these skills into decks, will now become available.
Advancement and Skill Trees: Players will start earning experience points for fighting, crafting, and questing. This will lead to level increases and skill points which can be spent to learn new skills or improve existing skills.
Quests: Players will be able to participate in quests that will send them around the world and even change game state in the scenes based on quest flags. Testing this early is important because our quest system operates differently than the current standards (e.g. no exclamation points or convo trees).
Loot: Creatures and quests will generate loot including gold and resources.
Crafting: Resource Gathering will be added to crafting including resource nodes placed in the world. Item wear begins happening and in turn, Repair will now be available. Item enhancement will now also be possible, allowing upgrading of items to more powerful versions. On top of all that, more recipes will become available
Player Housing: The housing system will be relaunched with persistence in the online space. Housing choices will now be based on backer level, add on purchase, or what can be bought in the game. Waterfront housing will also come online.
Wearable Dyeing: Clothing and Armor will now be dyeable
Social Systems: The first social systems will come online including Friends and Parties. Safety in numbers!

Thank you again for being such an amazing community who has selflessly given us so much. We are humbled that you have faith enough in us to provide us the financial backing we need to make this game. We cannot wait to share more with you when it is ready.

Sincerely,
Starr Long
Executive Producer
Shroud of the Avatar

And yeah, Release 1 is today.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #219 on: December 19, 2013, 05:29:45 PM

Dates: aggressive as fuck.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #220 on: March 27, 2018, 09:59:59 AM

So this released today. And there's a free trial available. So guess what I'm doing.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: March 27, 2018, 10:03:28 AM

Tugging it ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #222 on: March 27, 2018, 10:04:11 AM

That would accomplish so much more than playing this game I'm sure but fuck it. I love dissing shitty games and I'm sure this will be one.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: March 27, 2018, 10:05:05 AM

Let us know how it goes.

THE GAME.  GOD, THE GAME.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: March 27, 2018, 10:11:42 AM

Would you compare the pain to a thudding ache all along the right side of your head, or more like the scalding pain of a burn?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 01:35:24 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #225 on: March 27, 2018, 10:14:34 AM

We'll find out after I download the giant horking Day 1 patch.

It's like 1999/2001/2003 all over again.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #226 on: March 27, 2018, 11:08:02 AM

Well, this is entirely special. Like your old gran who you put in a home years ago expecting her to die but she just won't kick even though her legs don't work right and her mind is going.

It's that. In 3D. With the ghosts of your MMOG youth dancing around in front of you like a stripper way past her prime with scars on her belly from where she cuts herself to feel alive trying to entice you with her wares.

It's not bad. If you have to play a 3D MMOGish thing that is a blatant rehash of the entire Ultima (single player and MMOG) theme including a character creation that is a series of questions from the Oracle and you being named the Avatar, well, this is your game.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: March 27, 2018, 11:27:41 AM

Uh, Hard Pass ?

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #228 on: March 27, 2018, 11:47:35 AM

Can it be played as a single player game (not on a server, just a local game?). Besides not caring for mmo anymore, UO was kind of a trainwreck and not something to tout reviving... I can't imagine a single thing having other players running around would enhance in a positive way.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #229 on: March 27, 2018, 11:49:28 AM

Yes I think so. There was an option for single-player stuff in the menu just not sure how extensive it is.

schild
Administrator

Reply #230 on: March 27, 2018, 01:34:37 PM

playing this is the gaming equivalent of being a trump voter
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: March 27, 2018, 04:11:28 PM

So this released today. And there's a free trial available. So guess what I'm doing.

Voting Trump would have given you fewer regrets than playing this.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #232 on: March 27, 2018, 04:22:41 PM

I don't even remember what game this is.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #233 on: March 27, 2018, 04:49:04 PM

Kickstartered Ultima Online in 3D.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: March 27, 2018, 05:29:26 PM

Took me a while to realize it wasn't Star Citizen.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
schild
Administrator

Reply #235 on: March 27, 2018, 06:20:48 PM

star citizen probably has more game elements
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #236 on: May 03, 2018, 01:18:07 PM

Thread title is misleading.

schild
Administrator

Reply #237 on: May 03, 2018, 01:21:29 PM

YOU'RE MISLEADING
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: May 03, 2018, 01:42:59 PM

Demerit! Proper grammar used.

Also recentish review of NMS showing the state its in today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d13ZXtdFotE
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:45:37 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: May 03, 2018, 01:55:38 PM

This isn't the No Man's Sky thread though.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: May 03, 2018, 02:52:38 PM

DAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN YOUUUUU!!!!

Ok, ok, it should be DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNN MEEEEEEEEEE!

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: ATTN SPACE LARPER: CHECK YOURSELF  
Jump to: