Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:38:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 4: Nuffle is a harsh mistress 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 4: Nuffle is a harsh mistress  (Read 25719 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #70 on: March 24, 2013, 11:01:48 AM

It's all bullshit. I lost to Megrim's vampires 1 - 0.

In turn 15 I had a catcher long in the end zone and my star Thrower ready for the easy bomb, without any disturbance. Loaded with rerolls and skills on both ends, the only chance for Megrim to prevent my equalizer is to take my catcher out of the game with one final blitz. Mind, knocking her down wouldn't be enough, the player has to be taken out completely. And... yes. Splotch. No more catcher, game's over.

Insatiable 1 - The Bell Jar Utd. 0

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #71 on: March 24, 2013, 01:45:48 PM

Zellar Dwellarz 2 - Blitzburg Brewers 1

This is one of those games that had everything and is what makes playing Blood Bowl fun (when you win). Gort's Orcs were down a lot of men, so he had 930k worth of inducements to make up. He went with Morg n' Thorg, Varag Ghoul Chewer, a wizard and 2 Broodweiser babes, along with some mercs to fill out the roster. I kicked off and the first half slog started. I played a bit too cautiously I must say. My first turn I sent my gutter runner to pick up the loose ball among a cage of orcs. He picked it up, but failed his dodge away and subsequently spent the rest of the first half unconscious on the bench. He also happened to be my strip ball gutter runner so missing that meant I couldn't pressure the ball as much. On the last turn of the half, he had Morg with the ball 6 spaces from the endzone. I had 4 defenders along the goal line but unfortunately I miscalculated his movement and he was able to go in at an angle untouched and unfettered for the score. 1-0.

On the kickoff, I had a chance to score a 1-turn TD. I have 2 GR's with 10 MV so they were both on the line. I clear a path, my apprentice thrower hands the ball off to my seasons thrower, who passes to the gutter runner 2 spaces away - and it lands BEHIND the thrower. Yes, that's right with "Accurate" and needing a 2+, I roll a 1 and another 1. FAIL.

Second half starts off with a kickoff to me and a quick score to tie it up. Kicking off deep, I know that I HAVE to pressure the ball hard, get a turnover in his half and pass or run it in for the score so I do just that. He cages up Morg with the ball, and I pressure. At one point, he makes a few positioning mistakes and leaves Morg in the cage with an open side. In comes my strip ball GR to take the ball away, leaving Morg stunned. Another GR picks up the ball and since it's turn 14, I figure I can move him as far away as possible without scoring so that I can wind the clock down. Only 1 orc is in range and he'll have to GFI to get the blitz. He does, and not only does he get a defender down result, it's such that the defender is left stunned next turn AND the ball goes out the back of the end zone for a touchback - which comes to the middle of the field. He gets an orc to pick it up, but doesn't have a clear path. Another of my turns and the ball is on the ground, my apprentice thrower gets the ball and runs as close as he can to throw the ball to the waiting GR in the end zone. Only one orc between the thrower and victory and he puts it up....

INTERCEPTION!!!!!!!

Yes, an ORC intercepts the pass. Flustered, he makes one final mistake. Instead of running away from my gutter runners (who are down), he runs towards them. Specifically, the gutter runner with strip ball. It requires a blitz, a pickup and 1 GFI roll but this runner is FIERCE. He knocks down the orc, grabs the ball and runs... HE SCORES! THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!!!!

With one turn left, it was all over but the crying. Kickoff, failed pickup, game over. One of the best games I've played. He was left with 1 dead black orc and I have a 2nd level linerat missing the next game with a gouged eye. His block dice let him down. I had a 68% success rate to his 39% and we both had 2 turnovers from blocks.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: March 24, 2013, 02:17:48 PM

Another dead black orc?

Jeez, what did gort do to piss off Nuffle this much?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: March 24, 2013, 06:41:08 PM

Another dead black orc?

Jeez, what did gort do to piss off Nuffle this much?

You should have seen last game's kick-off table. My opponent was gifted 2 blitzes (HaemishH had one this game too), a pitch invasion that crushed all but 2-3 of my players, a blizzard (helping him, not me!), and a bunch of rerolls.

When I made the Brewzers I figured, Orcs, 10 AV, I'll be doing sum BROOZING!  Nope, I should have named my team the Blitzburg Softies.  Even with 9-10 AV I've failed more AV rolls than even the 6 AV Skaven I've hit with MB! Me Brewzers are down to 8 players now, 2 Black Orcs and a Thrower killed and I can't count the number of in-game and 1 game injuries I've suffered. It's crazy, Morg is now a full-time player on my team! I wish the orc Star Players didn't have so many goofy goblins or that dopey troll who can't cut it in a progressed league.

HaemishH, on my last possession I was trying to throw the ball down field to an empty area but I started my move too late for being the non-host. Even with 8 seconds left I couldn't get the idiot to throw the ball. He.just.refused!  I need to keep that in mind on my last moves for the turn.  ACK!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #74 on: March 24, 2013, 07:44:33 PM

It's all bullshit. I lost to Megrim's vampires 1 - 0.

In turn 15 I had a catcher long in the end zone and my star Thrower ready for the easy bomb, without any disturbance. Loaded with rerolls and skills on both ends, the only chance for Megrim to prevent my equalizer is to take my catcher out of the game with one final blitz. Mind, knocking her down wouldn't be enough, the player has to be taken out completely. And... yes. Splotch. No more catcher, game's over.

Insatiable 1 - The Bell Jar Utd. 0

Look at the bright side - you nearly killed my best Vampire!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #75 on: March 25, 2013, 05:35:10 AM

Two days to go and two matches yet to be played.

Sjofn v Gruntle
Celer v Lightfax

Are these scheduled yet?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 05:51:44 AM

You should have seen last game's kick-off table. My opponent was gifted 2 blitzes (HaemishH had one this game too), a pitch invasion that crushed all but 2-3 of my players, a blizzard (helping him, not me!), and a bunch of rerolls.

When I made the Brewzers I figured, Orcs, 10 AV, I'll be doing sum BROOZING!  Nope, I should have named my team the Blitzburg Softies.  Even with 9-10 AV I've failed more AV rolls than even the 6 AV Skaven I've hit with MB! Me Brewzers are down to 8 players now, 2 Black Orcs and a Thrower killed and I can't count the number of in-game and 1 game injuries I've suffered. It's crazy, Morg is now a full-time player on my team! I wish the orc Star Players didn't have so many goofy goblins or that dopey troll who can't cut it in a progressed league.

HaemishH, on my last possession I was trying to throw the ball down field to an empty area but I started my move too late for being the non-host. Even with 8 seconds left I couldn't get the idiot to throw the ball. He.just.refused!  I need to keep that in mind on my last moves for the turn.  ACK!

Don't worry, your next opponent is nice and soft.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #77 on: March 25, 2013, 07:42:13 AM

By the way, I'm out of commission from the 28th of March to 5th of April on vacation in Myanmar.

So the earliest I can play my next match against Drogg is 6th of April, so look forward to it Blood Bowl fans!

(If I don't die in sectarian violence...  why so serious? )
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #78 on: March 25, 2013, 11:23:02 AM

I think Sjofn and Gruntle are planning to play today sometime. I'll bug Celer and LF.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: March 25, 2013, 12:08:24 PM

Played my game against Modern Angel's Team Power Volcano, match report to follow in the morning:

Been busy so didn't get a chance to comment.

It's REALLY hard to do bash against a team with lots of Stand Firm and Fend. Toss in generally high AVs across the board and the line just wouldn't move.

I took a couple dumb risks out of necessity which didn't break my way. Llyse's team is completely fucking terrifying.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #80 on: March 25, 2013, 12:12:48 PM

Fend on Gutter Runners who also have wrestle is just fucking awesome. I now have 2 10 MV Gutter Runners at least one with fend, and I just leveled a linerat with block and he got +1 AGI. Skaven really do come into their own as an elder team.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: March 25, 2013, 02:25:45 PM

Yeah, and then Your luck faded and half your side dies in one game...
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #82 on: March 25, 2013, 02:27:54 PM

Yeah, and then Your luck faded and half your side dies in one game...

Roll with it while you got it, because Nuffle is GOING to fuck you at some point.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #83 on: March 25, 2013, 04:44:16 PM

Roll with it while you got it, because Nuffle is GOING to fuck you at some point.

Even Werewolves fall one day...  why so serious? awesome, for real DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: March 25, 2013, 05:05:02 PM

Even Werewolves fall one day...  why so serious? awesome, for real DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: March 25, 2013, 05:42:12 PM

I think Sjofn and Gruntle are planning to play today sometime. I'll bug Celer and LF.

Yeah, we just played. Sjofn took an extra apothecary but the game barely had any injuries to speak of (both teams received a MNG on a 0 SPP second stringer, Sjofn saved a Werewolf from a real injury and returned him for the next drive with a badly hurt). It rained and it seemed like no sure handed Norsemen could hold onto the ball but the helmet's cloven hooves were just tacky enough.

[Edit to add match report graphic:]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:33:24 PM by Gruntle »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #86 on: March 25, 2013, 06:13:58 PM

I lost, by the way. As is apparently my way this season.

God Save the Horn Players
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #87 on: March 25, 2013, 07:23:43 PM

All games validated so far, just waiting for Celer and Lightfax to get their game in and then we can move on to day 5.

This is certainly a strange season, a lot of new players and many old faces with new teams. Upsets and crazy results all over the place. I'd never have put any money on me winning four in a row with a rookie Skaven team before this season for example and I'd have expected Sjofn with her veteran Norse to be cruising into a playoff spot by now. Mathematically you can still qualify but you need some help from other fixtures too.

z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: March 25, 2013, 08:32:12 PM

Don't worry, your next opponent is nice and soft.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hah, awesome, I'm looking forward to only 1 or 2 deaths (what the 2 skaven teams did to me)! The game is cruel when you suffer many positional deaths and can't afford to replace them. They give you crappy lineman journeymen to bring you up to 11 players. I think I'm up to 3 or 4 of these jokers now.

Unless you are a playing a 700 TV goblin team I think you'll have no trouble with my D'Ork team.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: March 25, 2013, 10:20:13 PM

Game played, Chemical Elvers win 6-0 but lose their star Catcher to the worms.  I love/hate this game  Heart  Heartbreak
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #90 on: March 25, 2013, 10:43:59 PM

Game played, Chemical Elvers win 6-0 but lose their star Catcher to the worms.  I love/hate this game  Heart  Heartbreak

Is that tied highest record in the league, or are we at 7-0 for the biggest blow out score?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: March 25, 2013, 10:48:11 PM

7-0 IIRC.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #92 on: March 26, 2013, 12:51:23 AM

This is certainly a strange season, a lot of new players and many old faces with new teams. Upsets and crazy results all over the place. I'd never have put any money on me winning four in a row with a rookie Skaven team before this season for example and I'd have expected Sjofn with her veteran Norse to be cruising into a playoff spot by now. Mathematically you can still qualify but you need some help from other fixtures too.

I try very hard not to bitch about my dice. I really, really do, because good play can minimize the impact of bad luck, and usually I lose/tie because of some stupid thing I've done. But this season?

FUCK MY DICE

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: March 26, 2013, 06:01:45 AM

Getting ahead of the next thread, I'm away Friday lunchtime till Thursday evening and I'm on GMT till Sunday when we shift to +1.

An evening or first thing Friday could work, next Thursday evening, or the following Saturday. Gruntle, what's your availability?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #94 on: March 26, 2013, 06:21:37 AM

7-0 IIRC.
Yeah, pretty sure I managed a 7-0 some seasons back (and it was almost an 8-0 as I recall).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: March 26, 2013, 06:54:37 AM

In fairness, Lightfax pretty much had zero interest in the ball after it was about 2-0.  His master chef took 1 reroll the entire game, his fireball targeted 4 guys and hit none of them, it was just not his day.  I don't really remember what happened after my apoc came up dead/dead, but I think I'm lucky that the only other casualties were just BHs.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #96 on: March 26, 2013, 07:21:00 AM

7-0 IIRC.
Yeah, pretty sure I managed a 7-0 some seasons back (and it was almost an 8-0 as I recall).
I beat Ironwood 7-0 with Fianna Chulain last season and Ulysees beat Danicia 7-0 on day two this season.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #97 on: March 26, 2013, 08:26:24 AM

I try very hard not to bitch about my dice. I really, really do, because good play can minimize the impact of bad luck, and usually I lose/tie because of some stupid thing I've done. But this season?

FUCK MY DICE

If your dice are anywhere near as bad in your other games as they were in ours, yeah, you have gotten SEVERELY Nuffle-fucked this season. Our block dice was 60-37% in my favor. My block dice against Gort was just as one-sided.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: March 26, 2013, 04:27:59 PM

Did I mention that I killed his werewolf with 36 SPP on the last turn of the game, only to watch regen come through for him?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: March 26, 2013, 06:17:26 PM

7-0 IIRC.

Vs. Nix in Season 3, IIRC.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #100 on: March 26, 2013, 11:17:10 PM

FUCK MY DICE

If your dice are anywhere near as bad in your other games as they were in ours, yeah, you have gotten SEVERELY Nuffle-fucked this season. Our block dice was 60-37% in my favor. My block dice against Gort was just as one-sided.

They were at their worst versus you, but I've certainly had some really frustrating moments in my other games, aside from the one versus Eldaec (at least, I don't remember being all ARGHGHGHGHGH after that one, just sort of "fuck rats, and fuck that I have to play them two more times"  why so serious?). Although to be fair, the worst moment versus avaia was sort of my own doing, what with the UI brainfart that spent my apothecary uselessly on a BH level 1 lineman so my level 3 werewolf died.  swamp poop

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 4: Nuffle is a harsh mistress  
Jump to: