Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:39:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 4: Nuffle is a harsh mistress 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 4: Nuffle is a harsh mistress  (Read 25937 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 19, 2013, 09:57:16 AM

OK, if you ping me as soon as you're available Saturday we can do this.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #36 on: March 19, 2013, 11:00:58 AM

You can't throw and move with a bomber. You're stuck in position if you want to use the bomb ability.

That piece sounds worse and worse.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #37 on: March 19, 2013, 11:12:26 AM

You can't throw and move with a bomber. You're stuck in position if you want to use the bomb ability.

Especially if you're playing against any team that can catch - because if they catch it (counts as a scattered pass), they can throw it back.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 19, 2013, 11:33:56 AM

For future reference, the middle button with the green/yellow curved arrow thing in the UI is the 'throw pass' button, and is what you have to hit to make a bomber throw his bomb. There's probably a keyboard shortcut as well, but I don't know it off the top of my head.

Thanks, but that wasn't the issue. The issue was that I did not realise you couldn't move, then throw.

So, I wasted my blitz, moved my bomber  who then did nothing which left his skink open to score.

Ah - you can move then throw with most pieces, probably including the bomber - but you can't *blitz* and throw.

Blitzed with an Orc, moved the bomber, then couldn't throw. With a ball that would work.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 19, 2013, 11:34:56 AM

Especially if you're playing against any team that can catch - because if they catch it (counts as a scattered pass), they can throw it back.

Did not know that. I thought he would make a decent cage breaker, lessens learnt.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 19, 2013, 11:40:47 AM

Hm, I guess you *could* try to level one up to get Hail Mary Pass...

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 19, 2013, 01:35:57 PM

Hm, I guess you *could* try to level one up to get Hail Mary Pass...

Requires a double. Plus they skill up very slow.

Not really worth it.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 19, 2013, 04:06:54 PM

Bombardiers are only good with Hail Mary, but if that matters to you, and you are nonetheless playing goblins, then I don't know what to tell you.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #43 on: March 19, 2013, 07:43:55 PM

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #44 on: March 20, 2013, 07:16:23 AM

Ok, that got me.

Danicia
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: March 20, 2013, 09:56:37 AM

Yo yo Fildregar, when is your timezone my man?

He's GMT -8, aka Pacific time. :)
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: March 20, 2013, 07:56:19 PM

HaemishM, when would you like to play?  The best day for me is Sunday, any time from 11am EST to 9pm EST. I can also play Friday from 11am to 3pm EST, Mon/Tues/Thurs 7pm to 10pm.

Any chance we can have a sticky made with every coaches f13 forum name, their BloodBowl coach name and their Steam name?  I'm finding it very painful to find the correct name to contact and where.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: March 20, 2013, 08:53:06 PM

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: March 21, 2013, 02:21:14 AM

The crew got up at 3:30 AM local time to take on the see-saw of overpowered ogres and squishy snotlings that make up Reborne's Wrestlers.  As it that it's now a quarter after 5 AM now, I'll keep this brief.

- Took a Wizard, double kegs, a reroll, and a spare Apoth.
- Wizard actually worked in keeping the game from going 2-2 instead of 2-1.
- Double kegs paid off in keeping the guys that did get inevitably KO'd back on the pitch
- Spare Apoth kept my 'zerker in the match.
- Nuffle didn't fuck up my dice that much for a second match in a row.  The only failure was on my part for not paying attention to line-of-scrimmage assignments.
- Such failure was responsible for the ogres getting a one-turn toss-a-snot TD.
- Nobody died.

Was a good match, 5-star, would play again  awesome, for real

And now I'm going back to bed.

Stats in the spoiler.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #49 on: March 21, 2013, 02:33:16 AM

Wrestlers 1 - 2 G6 Crew

Ok, first I'm going to thank Luckton for being so accommodating in arranging this match.
I'm busy this weekend so they got up in time that I don't acknowledge to play the match.

Also, the follow comment has no baring on how Luckton played the game.

That match was bullshit.

We both had Cyanide moments.
On my first turn, snotling catches the kick, runs over and fails the hand off but I get no choice to re-roll...
After Luckton's first touchdown, the game decided where to place his players.

Nuffle did unmentionable things to my mascot and then took a huge steaming dump on my team's logo, or at least that the feel I got from the dice in the game.

Luckton was almost always rolling fantastic things.
2 die against block, sure.
No more re-rolls, who cares..
Frenzy into a sqaure of ogres, not a problem...

My one saving grace was a 1 turn TD snotling throw, which really is my favourite part of this team.
I believe this was allowed to contrast ever other die that I rolled.
My most memorable one was Luckton's ball carrier starting to make a break for it, blitz him and I got attacker down or push, reroll to attacker down or both down and the ball carrier has block.

Luckton played well and was good about it but man was that frustrating.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 21, 2013, 02:35:17 AM

Yo yo Fildregar, when is your timezone my man?

He's GMT -8, aka Pacific time. :)

Uh huh. And how exactly am I meant to contact him?
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #51 on: March 21, 2013, 04:26:17 AM

add him on steam n keep spamming i got it to work

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #52 on: March 21, 2013, 08:04:46 AM

HaemishM, when would you like to play?  The best day for me is Sunday, any time from 11am EST to 9pm EST. I can also play Friday from 11am to 3pm EST, Mon/Tues/Thurs 7pm to 10pm.

Any chance we can have a sticky made with every coaches f13 forum name, their BloodBowl coach name and their Steam name?  I'm finding it very painful to find the correct name to contact and where.

Sunday works for me. I'll look for you on Steam in the afternoon, probably after 2 pm CST (3 pm your time).

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #53 on: March 21, 2013, 12:21:18 PM

Megrim, I am confident we can try and set up a game over the weekend, right? With our time difference I doubt we will have better chances.

Should be fine, just be aware that I've got a few things on over the weekend. I will try to make time however.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: March 21, 2013, 04:13:23 PM

Uuuuuggggh. At least my troll leveled.

edit: also rolled doubles on a Goblin. Dauntless? Wrestle? Strip ball? Kick?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:21:38 PM by ezrast »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: March 21, 2013, 04:25:40 PM

Guard. You can never, ever, ever have too much guard.

...wait, you're in my division. Hail Mary Pass.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #56 on: March 21, 2013, 04:49:21 PM

Fursecution's winning streak continues with a 3-0 win over 8 Eyes.

I was receiving and got off to a good start, KOing the troll on my second try and getting some Gutter RUnners prowling in the Underworld half. I tried a throw and run play but the pass scattered. Luckily it scattered into the middle of a clutch of Skaven so it was relatively safe and also dangerously close to the Underworld end zone. 8 Eyes managed to get a Goblin onto the ball after a bit of shoving but he was sacked immediately and Fursecution took the opportunity to clear the field a little wiith Big Bear scoring a KO on a Skaven and Secretly A Unicorn managing to injure another. The ball was passed out of range of the Underworld team and the Skaven made full use of their superior numbers and strength over the next couple of turns before finally opening the score on turn 5.

The Underworld had a bad start to the next drive, the Troll stayed off the pitch as did their other KO meaning that they were down to 10 for the rest of the half. The Skaven swarmed forwards and marked up the Underworld players who were trying to cage up on a wing. I blew the cage open but made a mistake by moving a player over the ball that I hadn't intended to. The plan was for that player to mark up an Underworld player then for a Gutter Runner to grab the ball and hand it off to an unmarked Gutter Runner in the Underworld half. I should have kept hold of the ball but instead I went for a risky pass which I fumbled (having already burnt a reroll that turn on the pickup). It made little difference however, the Underworld team got to the ball, then fumbled it themselves. The ball was recovered by the Skaven who passed it off succesfully this time and held it out of reach until the end of the half. Meanwhile they surfed a few players off the pitch and scored three more injuries before the whistle blew. 2-0 at the half.

The second half was a little kinder to Ezrast but it was a case of too little, too late. Shelob the Troll came back on but they were still down to 9 on the pitch vs 11 Skaven. Big Bear the Stormvermin left almost immediately with a MNG injury that I used the Apothecary on to turn it into a Badly Hurt. The next turn my other Stormvermin was also Badly Hurt. That didn't stop the Skaven from sacking the Underworld ball carrier, unfortunately Yiffy tripped on his way out of the scrum with the ball and knocked himself out. The Underworld got the ball back and started to make their way down the pitch, unfortunately I was able to surround their cage and get Secretly A Unicorn entangled with them. His prehensile tail made moving the ball carrier risky and so the game bogged down into a brawl. Unfortunately the strength advantage was all on me and I pulled the cage apart again and got the ball back before making a run for the endzone and scoring the third on tun 14.

Three Underworld turns to go and 3-0 down is a bad lace to be in. The Underworld tried their best though and managed to score two more injuries. A last turn attempt at a consolation touchdown came to nothing as a Troll-powered Goblin sailed through the air clutching the ball, only to land one square short of reaching the endzone.

All in all an extremely violent match. 3 injuries and a death on the Underworld side and 3 injuries on the Skaven bench. We both have an MNG, the others (except the death obviously) weren't serious.

I levelled my Rat Ogre and a Gutter Runner, Ezrast levelled a random Goblin.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #57 on: March 21, 2013, 06:02:57 PM

Your Sunday morning my Sunday night sounds good Coach Power Team Volcano

Will attempt to be sober by then  awesome, for real

Also

Guard. You can never, ever, ever have too much guard.

...wait, you're in my division. Hail Mary Pass.
[/quote

+1
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 06:05:32 PM by Llyse »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: March 21, 2013, 07:04:10 PM

Uuuuuggggh. At least my troll leveled.

edit: also rolled doubles on a Goblin. Dauntless? Wrestle? Strip ball? Kick?

Wrestle or block.

Horns on normal rolls means say no to dauntless. Strip ball is nah...

And I wouldn't get guard, you don't have block, you have an expensive goblin who can do tricks, don't waste that by putting him in to contact all the time.
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: March 21, 2013, 07:43:12 PM

That's what I'm looking for, except that was last updated on Dec 2011!!  Can we (Bann?) update that first post with those that are missing? I'm one that's not on there. ;)
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: March 22, 2013, 10:27:29 AM

So, ummmm, game played.  I won 5-0. Have you ever played against someone who was still learning and they got terrible dice? Danicia was a very good sport about it, but even BB Manager says she got terrible dice compared to mine.  Her d6's were -14.51 v. +11.11 and 2d6's were -22.78 v -2.30.  I don't want to go into the gruesome details other than to say that all her injuries were BHs, so have some stats.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: March 22, 2013, 06:56:38 PM

add him on steam n keep spamming i got it to work

No luck yet. No response to any of my messages.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: March 22, 2013, 09:27:09 PM

i think i just broke chieftripodbear in half.    of the 42 d6 rolls i made, fifteen of them were sixes.  i intercepted passes, which turned into blitzes, which would become scores with injuries.  my krox picked up the ball after blasting the ball carrier and probably could've scored had he not stopped to injure julia gillard.  skinks passed, skinks caught, drogg never boneheaded.  just unbelievable.  edit: i was just reminded that i had a skink eat 6 block dice in a single round and not fall over.  that also happened; in fact, i think a skink ate turf only once during that whole match.

4-0, one orc dead, another -1 str.  props to the good chieftain for taking it all in stride as the casualties mounted and the lizard bullshit went from unfair to sublime. stats behind the spoiler.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: March 22, 2013, 10:44:47 PM

Hey Fildregar: Please contact me via steam/private/here if you read this. Tried contacting you on steam but to no avail. With our time difference the only time I think we'll be able to play is my Sunday morning-afternoon your Sat afternoon-evening, which is 17 hours from now.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: March 23, 2013, 03:52:47 PM

Ermine Vermin - 3
The First Ladies - 1

Fairly wacky game.

Vermin are missing their Thrower and a +1STR linerat - but still give away a metric asstonne of inducements, Ruvaldt picked a wizard, bribe, and reroll.

Game started with Vermin recieving, and Cheddar Persille scoring immeadiately.

Vermin kick back to the Ladies, ball lands in the end zone - and Roosevelt (centaur) recovers it. The rats race over the line of scrimmage and overwhelm Ruvaldt's centaur. Neville the Nose (GR) grabs the ball, and even Barbara Bush (mino) can't do anything except push Neville around the pitch. The Ladies are forced to call on their wizard to stop the TD, and recover the ball. Bush hands off the Rooseveldt who forms the centre of a rolling maul, that grinds down the pitch to score. In the process Blind Eddie (GR) and Neville the Nose are knocked out, and the Marquis de Brunost (Stormvermin) is taken off with a damaged back.

First drive of the second half sees the ladies establish control, it is not looking good for the vermin, as KOs and Badly Hurts take them down to just 6 rats. Then on turn 11 comes the moment that turns the game, the Ladies miss a far corner off their cage, Neville the Nose finds his way in, and manages a dauntless blitz to KO Roosevelt and send the ball loose; Cheddar Persille sniffs an opportunity, stands up from prone, leaps out of the box he is in, quadruple dodges and picks up the ball under 1 tackle zone, then tosses a pass to the Parmigiano Pimpernel who had been waiting upfield - he GFIs into the end zone. 2-1.

The Ladies recieve, Coolidge (hobgob) attempts to get things moving with a pickup and handoff to Nixon (hobgob). Nixon fails the catch. This is all the gutter runners need to swarm the ball, and Blnd Eddie soon finds his way to the end zone for a third TD.

The final drive was then just some comic hijinks with Hobgoblins failing to pick up the ball.

Stats:

Dodges:
Vermin - 24/34
Ladies - 0/1

Blocks:
Vermin - 9/14 (2 turnovers)
Ladies - 27/52 (1 turnover)

Marquis de Brunost misses next game with a niggle, no injuries to the Ladies. A Hobgoblin and the Centaur levelled up, and I gather Ruvaldt can afford his second Centaur now.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #65 on: March 23, 2013, 04:40:36 PM

Was a fun game and close.  The Ladies were more competitive than I thought they would be, and I was pretty sure we'd end on a 2-2 tie until that crazy blitz and pickup.  It came down to that play, I think.

Good news is that Roosevelt leveled and I have the cash for my second centaur.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 23, 2013, 05:37:56 PM

Fildrigar has not had much luck this season, and sadly it continued against the Mess, with another goat killed in action and general favoritism to the mutants with die rolls.

It was actually a pretty close game for the most part, and with a bit more luck on Fildrigar's side could have ended up in a draw. He did not get a lot of defender downs, which really hurt his chances to take out some goblins.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:44:44 PM by lamaros »
Fildrigar
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: March 23, 2013, 05:49:59 PM

Fildregar has not had much luck this season, and sadly it continued against the Mess, with another goat killed in action and general favoritism to the mutants with die rolls.

It was actually a pretty close game for the most part, and with a bit more luck on Fildregar's side could have ended up in a draw. He did not get a lot of defender downs, which really hurt his chances to take out some goblins.

The dice seem to hate me. Two/three die blocks and a push is the best I get. Still at one player with a skill up, which I got my first game. For the future, to get a hold of me, I'm at gmail. Fildrigar. Also, my physical BB dice seem to roll way better than my virtual ones.

Need an apothecary, but can't afford one. ( I seem to be rolling very low on the money table. ) Would buy one with inducements, but then no minotaur star player.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 23, 2013, 05:54:47 PM

Fildregar has not had much luck this season, and sadly it continued against the Mess, with another goat killed in action and general favoritism to the mutants with die rolls.

It was actually a pretty close game for the most part, and with a bit more luck on Fildregar's side could have ended up in a draw. He did not get a lot of defender downs, which really hurt his chances to take out some goblins.

The dice seem to hate me. Two/three die blocks and a push is the best I get. Still at one player with a skill up, which I got my first game. For the future, to get a hold of me, I'm at gmail. Fildrigar. Also, my physical BB dice seem to roll way better than my virtual ones.

Need an apothecary, but can't afford one. ( I seem to be rolling very low on the money table. ) Would buy one with inducements, but then no minotaur star player.

Aye, and for 21 blocks to 31 you didn't get many break armors at all. Especially considering my av is worse across the board, even with the claw and MB pieces I had.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #69 on: March 24, 2013, 07:57:49 AM

Played my game against Modern Angel's Team Power Volcano, match report to follow in the morning:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 4: Nuffle is a harsh mistress  
Jump to: