Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:34:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 3: There Will Be Blood! Also Bowls. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 3: There Will Be Blood! Also Bowls.  (Read 23383 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: March 13, 2013, 02:08:01 PM

Seems like we still have a whole bunch of games to go. Play more blood bowl.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #71 on: March 13, 2013, 05:11:58 PM

Hordes Division is 1 game away from finishing Day 3.

And we have 2 people from Down Under too!!

Move it slow pokes
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: March 13, 2013, 06:29:23 PM

Slackers. Back in my day...

Hic sunt dracones.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: March 13, 2013, 08:03:46 PM

Oh hey is it next week already?

Danicia, I'm free Thursday evening after 7pm PDT (GMT-7) and most of the day Saturday.  Start planning how you're gonna spend that sweet inducement cash!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #74 on: March 14, 2013, 10:40:20 AM

Does anyone know another way to contact Fildrigar? He doesn't seem to be reading the thread or my Steam messages.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #75 on: March 14, 2013, 11:48:02 AM

Try contacting him via Danicia if you can't raise him directly.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: March 15, 2013, 10:01:55 AM

It was looking to be a battle of grizzled skilled humans versus a full but inexperienced demon roster, and the demons were a little worried, especially about all that pesky Block.  The humans won the toss and elected to kick.  And then the snow began to fall.  Dis attempted to explain to the rest of the team that this was a very good sign, as the humans were going to be much better at passing, and this would cut down on their options, but the rest of the Purple Inferno looked at him with dim comprehension.

The ball was kicked and the humans commenced to soundly beat on the demons, injuring Malacoda right out of the gate (he regenerated, pshew).  Another bloodletter, Minos, was KOed.  This was not a promising start, but then Dis decided to show his lesser minions how things are done and killed the Knights' ogre with one mighty swipe of his claws.  The apothecary ran out to save the bleeding lout, but was unable to attach his fat severed head.

Despite this minor setback, the humans managed to wrest the ball from the demons' clutches and Brother None the blitzer grabbed it and jogged down near the goal line.  There he paused for a few turns hoping to run out the clock, and the demons continued to attempt to even the odds, slowly getting a handful of blockers within range of Mr. None.  Then he finally scored, afraid of being clawed like that hapless ogre.

There were enough turns remaining in the first half for the Inferno to tie... if they hurried.  The kickoff was run up to and handed off successfully to Vanni Fucci the herald, who made a beeline for the goal, alone and with his claws crossed he would dodge whoever managed to blitz him.  He did not.  Whitewolf the blitzer knocked the ball loose and that was basically the end of the half.

By the second half, all the demons were up and about (aided by the Bloodweiser Babes) and it was 11 demons vs. 10 humans and 1 ogre-sized hole in their line.  The Knights set up a catcher on one side to receive and Xenomorph II the thrower on the other, so Guido de Montrefeltro the kicker booted the ball over to the catcher, since his frail little body looked more ripe for the clawing.

The Knights had to use a reroll to pick up the ball.  The other two rerolls were quickly used up in subsequent turns and they had to play much of the half with no rerolls.   Whitewolf took Plutus the herald out of the game with a concussion, but then the Inferno knocked the ball loose and it was back in demonic clutches.  Geryon the bloodletter eventually fought his way to the goal line with the ball and the game was tied, with not much time remaining.

Both sides were now at 10 players.  The Knights set up heavily on one side and Guido kicked short to the other, crossing his fingers for a blitz to validate his decision.  It was not to be, alas, and the Knights got the ball and were soon running it up the sideline for their second score.  Dis did not like the looks of that, and took down the ball carrier, but in his enthusiasm the ball went flying into the stands... and for some reason the referee threw it way over on the other side of the field.  It was in a good position for the Inferno to pick up, but it was a looong way from the goal, and their chances of taking the lead were dashed when Minos failed to pick up the ball.

Purple Inferno tie Knights of Codexia 1-1. 

Plutus the Khorne Herald: serious concussion
Stabby the Catcher [Sprint, Sure Feet]: pinched nerve
Ulminati the Ogre [Block]: passed away

Fancystats:

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #77 on: March 15, 2013, 06:05:07 PM

Something about referring to anyone having "passed away" in Blood Bowl makes me laugh.

Avaia and I will be playing either Saturday or Sunday, by the way, we have not forgotten! We were just busy at different times during the week.

God Save the Horn Players
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: March 15, 2013, 06:26:11 PM

Sure sure. Lift your game!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: March 15, 2013, 06:34:45 PM

Games validated.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: March 15, 2013, 09:22:35 PM

Finally.  All but my Troll are now Block-proof  awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: March 16, 2013, 12:07:03 AM

Indirect contact achieved; I allegedly will be playing my game either tomorrow night or Sunday.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: March 16, 2013, 08:58:16 AM

Still waiting on initial contact from Danicia, but I'm free all weekend so hopefully we'll work something out!

EDIT: we connected on Steam, will play tomorrow afternoon!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:04:34 PM by Celer »
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #83 on: March 16, 2013, 02:33:43 PM

The First Ladies 1 - 0 Nifty Helmets

I took a wizard, Morg, a bribe and an extra reroll for my inducements, and they all turned out to be really helpful.  My plan was to foul the hell out of Gruntle's awesome minotaur, and get at least one TD on the board.

I chose to receive, and lined up my big guns on the line of scrimmage so that I could get a shot at his mino.  I managed to knock him down, and fouled him, scoring an badly injured, but Gruntle used his apothecary and got another badly injured as his result so I knew that he'd be back.  I had to use my bribe in the process, but I figured that I would at least get one drive without him on the field.  I then started moving the ball to my right.  After a few turns Gruntle got an awesome leaping blitz on my ball-carrying hobgoblin, and we got into a bit of a scrum over the ball.  I managed to pick it up twice with my centaur, Eleanor Roosevelt, but each time she got knocked down.  The third time was the charm though and I got her out of the scrum.  It was at this time that I noticed there was a big group of beastmen downfield that were going to be trouble if I wanted to score that half so I went against my usual aversion to fireballs and used the wizard to great effect, knocking down four of players and koing a chaos warrior.  This would prove pivotal as it enabled me to move close to the endzone and cage up, free of his leaping blitzer.  I scored on my sixth turn.

There were two turns of inconclusive play that followed, and we began the second half.  With his minotaur back on the field, Gruntle racked up two injuries against me and just generally broke armor all over the place.  I played more aggressively than I normally do, putting as many folks on the ball as possible, but also getting a little out of position in the process.  It looked like Gruntle was going to break away, but I pulled off a lucky blitz with a hobgoblin, and knocked the ball close the sidelines, where it sat for a few turns while I surrounded it.  He managed to knock the ball out of bounds and the crowd threw it close to my endzone.  Gruntle picked up the ball with a beastman, but failed on a second gfi, and it was at this point that his block dice started giving him a lot of turnovers; three in a row, in fact.  I held him off, and picked up the ball with hobgoblin, running him towards the line of scrimmage on the final turns.

I think the minotaur foul and wizard were key to scoring the TD.  If that hadn't gone perfectly I think this would've either been a draw or a loss for me, because I'm sure he would've given me a few kos or injuries in the first half otherwise.  Gruntle had bad luck on blocks at the beginning of the first half and the end of the second, but played a great game in spite of that.  It was a lot of fun.

The gory details:

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: March 16, 2013, 05:31:18 PM

The Minizilla's 2 - Bony Slaves, Iron Beards 0

Lightfax had a fair few dollars to spend on inducments in this match and Opted for extra apothecaries, a chef and a wizard but the game was largely and strangely quite bloodless with only 1 injury caused by my normally quite vicious lizard team. The match started with me winning the toss and electing to kick to Lightfax's Chaos Dwarfs. I had never played them before so didn't really know much about their strengths and weaknesses and the chef stole 2 of my re-rolls in the first half giving lightfax 6 re-rolls to my 2 so suspected this might be a game that would reward caution over rish taking, shame I never heed my own advice!.

Lightfax grabs the ball safely off the kick and runs to midfield but elects not to cage up and sets a light screen that protects his left flank but not his right and with a few blocks I open a path to blitx the carrier freeing the ball. A scrum ensues then as both teams mark the ball and an attempt by a bull centaur to pick up the ball fails and the bouncing ball finds its way into the hands of one of my Saurus and as always happens with me when I luck out I totally have no idea what to do. I want to score with the saurus as he only needs 3 points to level up but every time I try this in the past it backfires and it nearly did this time. It took me 6 turns to get into scoring range and with my skinks seemingly unable to escape the chaos dwark tackle this half turnovers were happening quite fsat for me. Luckily I was obeying the rules of Coach and making my risk free moves first so it never left me totally open but it made slow going as I trundled up the field before finding myself double marked in scoring range and on turn 7 I decide to go for the score but forget to blitz, so score the required pow and move away from the second marker but am then stuck close to the endzone and unmarked but unable to move! Luckily for me Lightfax picks the worst time to fail a dodge and turns over quickly allowing me a turn 8 score and to go into the second hald 1 - 0 up.

Second half I am receving but this time the chef obviously forgot to add salt to the stew cos it tasted so foul he failed his rolls and no re-rolls were stolen for this half. I setup for a side run and fail the first pickup with my agi4 sure hands skink. Luckily these are dwarfs so no chance of capatilising on this slip up and my next turn I make a safe pickup and run up the sideline, clearing any obstructions and safely travelling up the pitch. Nothing much of note occurs bar a smashed knee from my Krox on one of Lightfax's Hobgoblins and I run in a score on turn 14. 2 turns to go and though Lightfax lucks out a little by failing a pickup with a bull centaur that hands off to another stood close by there is not enough time to score a consolation so a few blocks are thrown but no harm is done and the story of Lightfax's blocking dice in this half continue with an ignomious skull to end the match.

2 more Saurus level ups acheived so a breack tackle Saurus will be getting mighty blow and I will finally be gettting guard on the other one.

Match is submitted (but went too fast and left it at day 1 - if you want me to submit it correctly let me know)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 05:33:42 PM by Ulysees »
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: March 17, 2013, 03:15:17 PM

The Biolab Sea Bears are officially CURSED, and they suffered another week of abnormally high mortality as the Chemical Elvers defeated them 5-0.

Highlights included:
  • Elves killing TWO LADIES on the SAME TURN (only one of them was a loner)
  • The Elf Thrower tripping over the goal line with a GFI, giving him a -AV MNG
  • An Elf catcher getting stabbed and niggled (he's already -MV, he may be on the chopping block)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #86 on: March 17, 2013, 04:06:33 PM

The deadline is tonight and there are two games outstanding still. Sjofn vs Avaia is apparently going ahead shortly but what is the news regarding Carnifex vs Megrim?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: March 17, 2013, 04:10:05 PM

A tighter game than the score might indicate; for much of the second half the game was essentially one failed necromantic dodge roll away from a tie.

A lot of bodies hit the ground, but mostly stuns and KOs. No permanent injuries, I think a beastman is MNG.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #88 on: March 17, 2013, 06:22:04 PM

The deadline is tonight and there are two games outstanding still. Sjofn vs Avaia is apparently going ahead shortly but what is the news regarding Carnifex vs Megrim?

Ugh yea, I've not really been around to schedule a game. I was hoping to play over the weekend, but with the time difference its a bit hard. Can we get a 1-day extension?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #89 on: March 17, 2013, 06:49:10 PM

1 day extension. 24 hours from now I'll roll the day forwards unless your game is actually in progress at the time.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: March 17, 2013, 07:23:00 PM

ty

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #91 on: March 17, 2013, 09:45:37 PM

ugly game, I suck at everything, brb going to go cut myself

God Save the Horn Players
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: March 17, 2013, 10:01:18 PM

The depleted Bleating took on Nurgle, and I had no expectations heading in.  I was down two nurgle warriors and my ball handler so I fielded 5 rotters, two were loners.

I chose to recieve the opening kick, and my first two blocks resulted in injuries to The Mutiny.  Sjofn burned the apothecary by mistake, and of course that never goes with punishment.  A couple of turns later her werewolf was dead, only to be hired at the end of the game as a rotter.   Heart

I held the ball back deep for the first 5 turns, hoping to inflict some pain.  I ran in a score on turn 8 after having to blitz off some pressure mid-half.

Second half was mostly uneventful, with the wizard doing his job as the norse tried to make a break down the sideline, KOing the ball carrier with a lovely ZOT.  I parked near my beast, who just sat around with a bad case of Really Stupid for most of the half.  After losing the ball, I managed to pick up the ball in a crowd, dodge out, and score again in turn 16.  2-0 nurgle.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #93 on: March 17, 2013, 11:58:57 PM

ugly game, I suck at everything, brb going to go cut myself

Heartbreak There's always next week!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: March 18, 2013, 12:22:17 AM

1 day extension. 24 hours from now I'll roll the day forwards unless your game is actually in progress at the time.

Game played, sorry about the delay.

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: March 18, 2013, 12:30:15 AM

Yup was a very close fought 1-1 tie, which was much more exciting than the score reflects.  I'm too tired to do a proper write up, so here's some stats :)
Oh, also we both commited murder :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 3: There Will Be Blood! Also Bowls.  
Jump to: