Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:33:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: a not so grand last hurrah 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: a not so grand last hurrah  (Read 74434 times)
TheWall
Terracotta Army

on: March 01, 2013, 01:12:21 PM

Having run out of things to do after cataclysm and refusing to accept the panda tween demographic this game now panders too my sub is finally ending. The 1 year for d3 thing tricked me like many others which is why I have lasted this long.

World PvP was some of the most fun I had over the years. So to recreate it I'm using the glyph of disguise to flag alliance for PvP in redridge. "One of these gnolls is not like the others..."

I know it sounds like noob baiting but the full heirloom folks fall for it just as much. So far the perfect end to a very long wow career. Yes you can have my stuff, if you are on Arathor.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 08:25:53 PM

Did we really need another "I'm quitting WoW" thread?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 08:31:51 PM

Can I quit again?  awesome, for real

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
TheWall
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 08:32:25 PM

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 08:48:27 PM by TheWall »
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 07:11:09 AM

If you're reading and posting in this sub-forum, have you really quit WoW?  why so serious?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 09:53:12 AM

This sub forum is like an AA meeting; I need reinforcement that the game is still bad so I don't fall off the wagon.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 11:41:28 AM

Do people actually read posts "by sub-forum"? I've been using "Show unread posts since last visit" since I signed up. :P

I successfully resisted re-installing WoW just a couple of days ago, as I was listening on Skype to a couple of friends doing PvP. Then I gave it a second thought and went "Hmmmm. Nah."

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 11:47:31 AM

This sub forum is like an AA meeting; I need reinforcement that the game is still bad so I don't fall off the wagon.

The game really isn't a fundamentally different game from the one I played for seven years, I'm not going to call it a bad game, it isn't anywhere near one of those. I was just tired of it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 11:58:27 AM

I've managed to not start playing again.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Mostly by reading threads in this forum.  For which I thank people!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 07:09:20 PM

Do people actually read posts "by sub-forum"? I've been using "Show unread posts since last visit" since I signed up. :P

I successfully resisted re-installing WoW just a couple of days ago, as I was listening on Skype to a couple of friends doing PvP. Then I gave it a second thought and went "Hmmmm. Nah."
I read posts by subforum. I even occasionally click into the ones I don't read just to make their names stop being yellow.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 11:34:01 PM

I just tried that and it has posts about politics and SWToR in it.

I have the same reaction when people don't know that the little yellow boxes are links, though.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 03:26:08 AM

If you go by that criteria, you'll never play another game of any sort ever again.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 04:27:42 AM

Every time I returned to WoW since launch (at least 1-2 times per expansion it always seemed), it depended on what the current end-expansion's attraction was since I know that is the destination I will end up living in once rerolled.

Classic and BC were both awesome, plain and simple.

When WotLK was end-game, I leveled up again and looked forward to it because it continued somewhat in the vein of BC before it (but imo not as good since the over-simplifications had started by then).

When Cata was end-game, I leveled up and didn't so much look forward to end-game as see all the changes throughout leveling and fly around the Old World a bit.

Now that MoP is end-game, and I already played a monk and rogue to max to see the content and grind, there is no desire whatsoever to level up again any more with that as the destination. Or to pass through that expansion again if yet another expansion comes out later.

MoP killed my usually-renewable interest finally. I can't even start leveling in a game with an expansion to pass through that I hate the very idea of encountering again.

If I want to look at WoW now, I just log in to Feenix once in a while for classic or BC content.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:29:49 AM by Redgiant »

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 06:36:17 AM

If you're reading and posting in this sub-forum, have you really quit WoW?  why so serious?

Can you post here if you never started playing WOW?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
TheWall
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 07:44:48 AM

I'd still be playing if it was BC even though the race choices were terrible. Not pandas terrible but still. Story stayed important for that content and even wrath. I even liked the world questing overhaul in cata.

For me though the real killer was dungeon queues. Now you can level to cap without ever leaving a city. That killed the PvP servers. The excitement of leveling in the world was gone. I could quest for days and never see anyone to skirmish with.

OK its also pandas. God what in the hell were they thinking.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 08:25:40 AM

Fuck off with the panda hate, it's old you goddamn whining bunch of sad sack grimdark emo-teen wananbees.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 08:30:39 AM

Fuck off with the panda hate, it's old you goddamn whining bunch of sad sack grimdark emo-teen wananbees.

Space goats were dumber than pandas.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 09:43:50 AM

I liked the panda/Asian theme. I did not like the grind, and that the thought of running every single one of my alts, which is one of each class, to cap again was soul crushing.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 09:52:25 AM

I've resubbed several times, but I don't think it's happened since before the first expansion.

I actually liked world PvP. The BGs were cool too, until I hit the 50-60 tier...Not sure what Blizzard was thinking allowing max-level full-purples derps to PvP against people still leveling up. I think getting randomly killed by lame Hunters is what finally did it for me.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
TheWall
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 05:43:16 PM

Asian theme cool. Panda race stupid. I'm sorry my OPINION gives you "mad bro" feel bads.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 07:47:55 PM

I think having pandaria be the sum total of the landmass was a mistake.  Pandas were fine, like them or not but it was hard to make players care about panda lands and they stuck it in our face non stop.  I didn't mind personally but I can see how it'd be too much.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 11:41:19 PM

Agreed, Panderia killed it for me because no matter how they tried, it's just not WoW, it's Pandaland the themepark. Spacegoats I could handle, it was loosely built into lore and then retconned.

Pandas were an April 1st joke by Samwise that got taken too far.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 11:58:13 PM

Look at all the wrong opinions ITT.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 12:16:02 AM

Sad Panda 0.0 DPS

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 05:07:20 AM

Exactly. I have a friend who's massively happy playing and I read her posts on facebook and think "hmm maybe" then come here to get my head straight again.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 06:06:55 AM

I got most of the way through the leveling experience which was enjoyable IMO, and the new art is all fantastic.

Then I saw what the endgame was shaping up to be, concluded that Blizzard had actually learned nothing from Cata, and unsubbed again.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 10:07:11 AM

What Fabricated said.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 11:19:08 AM

awesome, for real
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 02:02:21 PM

Don't care what anyone says I'm not paying cash money to play some dude's fursona.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 02:24:05 PM

swamp poop

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 26, 2013, 02:44:40 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this statement?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #31 on: April 26, 2013, 03:19:30 PM

I think it is I-don't-like-panda-people whining.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 03:33:53 PM

A timely comment to be sure.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #33 on: April 27, 2013, 05:54:12 PM

Especially given that wolf-furries have been around for a couple of years - not to mention the cow people.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 27, 2013, 08:18:15 PM

I know.  It is literally amazing how many people freak out about Pandas when Taruen have been around since day one, and while Playable Worgen are relatively new, the creature has been around since day one as well.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: a not so grand last hurrah  
Jump to: