Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:39:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl 2  (Read 128114 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #210 on: December 18, 2015, 01:28:18 PM

To make that clearer, this means you want to buy BB2 by/before the first team (Norse) is released in February so you get all 4 teams for free when they come out.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: December 18, 2015, 03:51:12 PM

It's actually somewhat tempting now. Let's see if it affects the sale price for Steam's Winter Sale next week.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #212 on: December 27, 2015, 07:22:43 AM

Ugh.  I am SO HESITANT about giving these chucklefucks money after all they've done.  Can somebody confirm or deny that the last upate (that Flac was talking about) has at least fixed some of the most insulting omissions and fuck-ups?  And then, beyond that, that it feels like blood bowl and is actually sort of fun to play with?

If so, I'll probably grab it while its on winter sale to take advantage of the winter sale and upcoming team releases.  But I still wish their was an option for "pay extra for the game, and 3 random Cyanide employees instantly get kicked in the balls by a robot ball busting machine."

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #213 on: December 27, 2015, 08:44:30 AM

I... I think I can confirm that much.

The game IS Blood Bowl. The grid is now there, so are player name plates and even toggleable skill plates (that weren't in BB1). You can even reconnect after a crash, and the control scheme while confusing at first (and you can still opt for the bb1 one from options) is good enough. Visuals are good, and after much whining I can't come up with many glaring bugs from the top of my head now. Single Player is bullshit of course, but multiplayer matchmaking (in the official League) is an OK addition if you are into that. My favourite new thing is the spectator/replay tool. It allows you to watch replays of games in your league even if no one uploads anything, and most importantly allows people to spectate live matches in true real time. That is awesome.

I am sure there are still lots of issues, but they have addressed pretty much all that weren't my complains so now EXCEPT FOR THE MISSING LEAGUE MANAGEMENT/SEEDING tools, I would say the game is good to go. Especially considering you get 10 races plus the next 4 coming for free. 14 total is not a bad deal.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #214 on: December 27, 2015, 11:21:56 AM

No not yet.

In order to get the grid you must activate either names or the skill display. The names are poorly displayed and clutter up the screen. The skill thing is even worse. It includes default skills for the position. The skill icons are shown in a box that obscures what is behind it.

DICE ROLL RESULTS ARE PUT BEHIND THIS BOX.

So yeah. You can't see the results of a block die, to pick a die, without moving your camera around to dodge the skill box.

The update while a step was incredibly Cyanide of them. I want this game very badly but they haven't done anywhere near enough good work to have earned anything but "oh this is on max sale better pick it up" treatment.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: December 28, 2015, 02:20:16 AM

Your criticisms are more than valid. I don't have a problem with it as you learn very quickly to keep a finger on control to switch between no names, names, and skills constanty depending on what you need to see. And the skill plates in particular are very handy to me. Never had the necessity to player hunt to see what they are about ever again since the update. But as I said, your criticism is fair. Also, no dice log yet.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: December 28, 2015, 11:45:43 AM

It should be pretty damning that I threw $300 at a weird kickstarter grim dark anime neckbeard board game (on top of several other iffy decisions a 30 something professional bachelor with lots of disposable income makes), but remain very hesitant about handing this company $25 for a game I've spent HUNDREDS of hours playing in the past.   Ohhhhh, I see.

I'll wait till I'm good and drunk (when I stumble home from new years eve sounds good) then probably grab this.  All hail wood elf cheerleaders in HD!   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: December 28, 2015, 01:16:30 PM

Oh right, there's only human cheerleaders.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: December 28, 2015, 01:21:51 PM

0.0 DPS

-Stephen Colbert
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #219 on: January 17, 2016, 06:56:44 AM

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=7200

They are going to run a BB tournament with prizes. They will open a special ladder where your teams can only play 20 games (sounds like they aren't even programming it so you can't play more though lol). I also have no clue what they are doing to prevent cheating/fraud on said ladder? The mysteries of Cyanide.

Official World Cup Ladder

The World Cup Ladder can be found in the "Official World Cup Ladder" league in game.

The league is divided into three seasons of one month each.

- The first season starts 11 February 2016 and finishes 11 March 2016.
- The second season starts 11 March 2016 and finishes 11 April 2016.
- The third season starts 11 April 2016 and finishes 11 May 2016.

At the end of each season, the best five coaches on the leaderboard will qualify for the World Cup Play Off.
A coach can have as many teams as he wants in the ladder, but each team must play at least five matches and a maximum of 20 matches.

So from the ladders they will select 15 coaches. Which leaves another 49 slots to complete the 64-man World Cup Play Off field.

This is where it gets a little less oh Cyanide  Ohhhhh, I see. and a bit more interesting.

They have, who knows using what criteria since they have no community interaction of any kind, selected 20 BB leagues and those leagues have been granted the opportunity to run a special season with fresh teams that will then also be able to qualify X amount of the top performing coaches to the play offs. Obviously you'd expect the league winner to qualify along with 0-3 other people depending on the size/quality of the special season versus the rest of the league.

Community Qualifier Leagues

We organised the World Cup with the biggest and most active Blood Bowl community leagues. A Blood Bowl World Cup would be meaningless without its awesome community and that's why you'll be able to qualify for the playoff in the numerous community leagues!

You need to fill the registration form before applying for a Community Qualifier.

Each league has its own rules and organises its own qualifier tournament.

Registrations are open until 9 February 2016.

The number of tickets for the Play-off awarded to each league will be unveiled 11 February 2016.

The Community Qualifier Leagues start 11 February 2016 and finishes on 11 May 2016.

Don't trust that Feb 9th date, some leagues are trying to close registration earlier than that probably for the sanity of their admins. I saw several that were already saying they wanted to lock the players/teams in around Feb 4th a week before competition starts.

Obviously some effort has been made to be inclusive of various world regions though having only the data of who streams BB on twitch its a pretty shocking split:

EU Leagues: 2
France: 5
UK, Germany, Spain & Italy: 1

USA Leagues: 4

Latin America: 1

Russia/CIS: 1

Aussie: 1

Plus two leagues that claim world-wide membership make up the 20.

I have zero clue how the UK only gets 1 slot. Ditto Australia considering their TZ issues are immense compared to anyone else. Asia gets nothing at all, so I guess that confirms that they don't BB. France gets five leagues and the US gets four. That seems like too many on both counts.

I suspect the winner will come from either a ladder coach (very good players and players who play alot will grind that 20-0) or a representative of one of the two EU or World leagues which should have much stronger competition than the rest.

I can't wait for the graft, cheating and drama that is sure to come from all this. Just like the real world cup! Some of these leagues whose sites I visited do not look like they have the preparation or integrity to withstand people who really want to win playing with them.

Meanwhile this announcement did not accompany a sale of the base game or the dlc teams thus far or the release of a new team, or a patch that fixes basic shit that needs fixing. Sooooooooo basically nobody knows about it. Because Cyanide literally can't function on some basic level.

Hopefully if I get the game in time to join some leagues and some of you join some also we can have a thread on the hilarity and drama and stories.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 07:00:38 AM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: May 03, 2016, 04:59:09 AM

Norse, Undead, Necro, and Nurgle teams on the way.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/236690/announcements/detail/833540992991515942

Also, for PC people, if you buy the game today, you'll get the Undead, Necro, and Nurgle teams for free when they're released. If you buy it right nao (as of this posting) before 7PM CEST, you'll get the Norse too. That's about 1PM for EST, if I'm zoning right.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: May 03, 2016, 05:27:04 AM

For $45 US? Go and get fucked Cyanide.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: May 03, 2016, 05:42:47 AM

Yeah, pretty safe to say that they probably won't be having any flash or weekend sales like they've been having for a while. Maybe something for the summer sale.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: July 27, 2016, 01:13:16 PM

BB2 is on sale now for $17 CDN on Steam, which is 66% off, and 3 of the 4 DLC teams are on sale for 50%-66% off.  I finally caved and bought plus the Lizardmen and Wood Elves.  Preparing myself for the inevitable soul crushing double skull roll that kills my best player. awesome, for real
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: July 27, 2016, 04:38:10 PM

Still too much.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #225 on: July 27, 2016, 07:52:11 PM

It was like 14 bucks during the last Steam sale. I actually thought about it, but decided to check if they'd done anything about the league management issues. Nope, lol.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: February 09, 2017, 06:54:54 AM

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/en/news/163-blood-bowl-2-legendary-edition-brings-plenty-of-new-content-and-features-to-the-pitch

After three years and a bunch of patches and paid beta testing, we're finally getting the actual game  why so serious?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #227 on: February 09, 2017, 08:44:53 AM

Did it ever become worthwhile?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: April 01, 2017, 04:20:16 PM

Ok, after coming back to it again recently I've decided that BB2 is now pretty playable, team purchasing aside.

I'm interested in a league if anyone else is
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: April 02, 2017, 03:20:21 PM

With your go ahead on this thing, I'd be interested also.  Unfortunately, I'm about to take off from Russia in a month, and then I'll be bouncing around the globe till July (and then I don't know how long it will be till I get a steady connection in Laos).  Soooo, yeah, sorry.  I probably wont be available till the second half of this year for a different season.

-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: April 04, 2017, 06:20:55 PM

With your go ahead on this thing, I'd be interested also.  Unfortunately, I'm about to take off from Russia in a month, and then I'll be bouncing around the globe till July (and then I don't know how long it will be till I get a steady connection in Laos).  Soooo, yeah, sorry.  I probably wont be available till the second half of this year for a different season.

I'd say interest is pretty low anyhow.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: April 05, 2017, 03:30:16 AM

I'll be interested when the full version with Amazons comes out.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: April 06, 2017, 03:34:31 AM

I wouldn't mind playing a bit of the old blood bowl. There is a suspicious dearth of tier 3 teams, however...

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #233 on: April 06, 2017, 04:34:49 AM

The last season I ran for BB took a lot of wrangling to get to anywhere near reasonable numbers for a knockout league. Since then, a lot of what used to be BB regulars have gone quiet or left altogether. I have no plans to get BB2 at the moment either so a potential league has maybe 4 or 5 members as I see it. If you want to do that then maybe it's better to run it as an open league with set fixtures plus play as you like friendlies in the same league. That way people can have more than one team in the league to vary things a bit. Fixtures would be player to player, not team to team so players can pick a team that's close to their opponent's TV rather than have some bloated monstrosity vs an embattled team of mercs and most people will be able to get a game on their schedule.

That would be my suggestion anyhow but, as I said I won't be in it so you'll need to work it out with whoever wants to run a new season.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: April 09, 2017, 07:35:44 PM

once the full package drops i'll probably pick it up and dip a toe back in the ol' pool. 
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: July 10, 2017, 08:05:51 AM

http://forums.focus-home.com/topic/155/legendary-edition-overview-thread

The full package is inbound. This might finally be the version we've been looking/waiting for.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: July 10, 2017, 11:22:58 AM

Optional skills
It’s been discussed a lot with the community – more skills will be optional (Pass, Dodge, Tackle, Fend, Tentacles, Break Tackle)

Hang on a minute - they are saying this like it is a special feature and not "the rules of blood bowl". I could be tempted by this - but not if they  haven't managed to implement the actual rules of blood bowl.

Are there more examples of this nonsense?

In the team list "Kislev based on Slann" do we know if that is "real" Slann from LRB?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: July 10, 2017, 12:10:22 PM

Maybe they're talking about toggle switches for custom matches?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: July 10, 2017, 12:52:54 PM

Almost all skills are optional in BB.

BB1 let you pick which are automatically applied and when to ask you.

Most of the time the answer to whether to use them is obvious. But not all of the time.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: August 03, 2017, 06:13:08 AM

Beta this weekend if you pre-buy the expansion. 'Zons are back and you can do mixed teams like Amazons+Human+Bret+Norse.

The Amazons can get a star female Ogre player now! She has a beard because they don't have a skin for her, but that's progress!

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: August 03, 2017, 06:40:14 AM

you can do mixed teams like Amazons+Human+Bret+Norse.

wat

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: August 10, 2017, 04:37:48 AM

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: August 10, 2017, 11:27:21 AM

you can do mixed teams like Amazons+Human+Bret+Norse.

wat

Mixed teams are a thing now. I can't find the list but you can go "all humans" or "all elves" or "all undead".

You can also go "all star players".

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: August 10, 2017, 05:36:30 PM

So hang on, you can build a team with 4x human blitzers, 4x amazon blitzers, a human thrower and an ogre?! That seems unbalanced.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: August 11, 2017, 12:53:43 AM

I believe so, but the team will be marked as a mixed team and you can set the league to disallow them.

You can also create a team with any skills you want, which again is marked like that. Handy if you're playing tabletop and want to use the same team to play online for example. Or just play solo with your dream team.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2  
Jump to: