Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:48:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl 2  (Read 128108 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #105 on: April 16, 2015, 12:59:12 PM

I expect that what we're seeing is the new auto camera. Which is awful obviously but still miles better than the vertigo inducing abomination in the current version.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #106 on: June 11, 2015, 02:36:40 AM

Official Release Date: September 22.

New Campaign video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAS-pDTeejI

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: June 11, 2015, 04:05:03 AM

Hopefully they'll release a real gameplay video in a month or two and we can then see if they've made things better (or even worse).  why so serious?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: June 11, 2015, 10:50:45 AM

According to the video description, Wood Elves and Lizardmen are going to be pre-order bonus teams. But you can only choose one, and there's no word yet as to when/if those teams will be available after launch.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: June 18, 2015, 05:58:50 AM

Some undoctored gameplay from E3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ-ykYbXelw

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: June 18, 2015, 06:19:04 AM

Some undoctored gameplay from E3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ-ykYbXelw
Better graphics but other than that...meh?  Ohhhhh, I see.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: July 10, 2015, 06:51:56 AM

New "Overview Trailer". Preorders are now open. Game should be about 40 Credits and preordering will give you an additional team and beta access.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: July 10, 2015, 08:06:00 AM

New "Overview Trailer". Preorders are now open. Game should be about 40 Credits and preordering will give you an additional team and beta access.

In that video, at 0:24, you can see a different camera perspective. Looks like bird's eye may still be a thing?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: July 10, 2015, 12:19:32 PM

I am sure bird's eye camera is in. What sucks is the 45 € price point. What the hell.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: July 10, 2015, 02:14:38 PM

I am sure bird's eye camera is in. What sucks is the 45 € price point. What the hell.

Yeah, I'm not buying this one.  Cyanide has to be one of the worst developers ever.  Fucking cash grab.  I'll wait another year or 2 and maybe get it when it and the DLC's go on sale. 
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: September 09, 2015, 03:25:05 AM

Beta for those who preordered is now live.

Hello Blood Bowl coaches!

We’re excited to announce that the Blood Bowl 2 multiplayer beta is now live. That means you’re able to jump in and play the game right away and start earning XP for your coaches, and developing your teams. Yup, that means that your saves, teams, and coaches will not be deleted upon launch.

The following content will be available during the multiplayer beta – and remember, it’s exactly that: a beta. We’d love to hear your feedback, technical issues, bug reporting and anything else you’d like to share with us. The right places to do that would be the Steam Hub and the game’s official forum.

Content in the multiplayer beta:

• Four races: Orc, Humans, Dwarfs, and Skaven
• Friendly games, local, online – against AI or players
• Multiplayer leagues
• Management: team and league creation, levelling up, earning XP etc…
• Cabal TV (that’s the game’s replay mode to help you reflect on, and analyze, your game and games from other players).

Remember, this is a real beta so we really value your feedback. Play as much multiplayer as you can and create a league with your friend! There’s no NDA, so feel free to stream and discuss your impressions about the game online and with Focus and Cyanide who’ll be eagerly scanning over your feedback. There is a list of known issues that we’re working on before launch, and these are below:

• Some players might experience performance quirks depending on their hardware – still working on optimization
• In very rare cases, certain skills used in conjunction with others may cause issues – these are known, and will be fixed for launch.
• Delay in action after Always Hungry fails by about 10 seconds.
• Minor UI tweaks are in the works.

You’re playing before launch – during crunch time – so there’s still work to be done. This is quite normal, so don’t feel as though this is indicative of the final quality of the game. If you encounter a problem, let us know, and we’ll get on it (it’s probably something we’re already working on).

For new players, a handy guide can be found here (this is not the final version): http://guide.bloodbowl-game.com/

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: September 09, 2015, 04:00:12 AM

The Bretonnians, for anyone interested.

http://guide.bloodbowl-game.com/en/races-bretonnians

Really would like to get the Norse back onto the pitch in the new game, but these chaps might fill the void for now.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:02:32 AM by luckton »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #117 on: September 09, 2015, 04:04:45 AM

The Bretonnians, for anyone interested.

http://guide.bloodbowl-game.com/en/races-bretonnians

I love* the way that they've formatted the statlines so that you can't see which skills belong to which position.

Cyanide, can't even get HTML right.

They look pretty terrible. A low movement, S3 team where the only reliable ball-handling comes from positional players.

*Don't love.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: September 09, 2015, 04:26:43 AM

They probably could have at least used a space between positions, or a draw a line, but I'm not seeing as much confusion as you are? Maybe a browser issue?

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #119 on: September 09, 2015, 05:11:42 AM

They probably could have at least used a space between positions, or a draw a line, but I'm not seeing as much confusion as you are? Maybe a browser issue?

I'm guessing that 40,000GC Linemen don't get Block as standard so presumably that skill belongs to Blitzers along with Catch. Do they get Dauntless as well or is that a Blocker skill?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: September 09, 2015, 05:12:48 AM

I doubt the Bretonnian linesmen come pre-equipped with Fend and Block, is probably what Iain is trying to say.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: September 09, 2015, 05:59:31 AM

I doubt the Bretonnian linesmen come pre-equipped with Fend and Block, is probably what Iain is trying to say.

I see what you mean now...some of the other race pages for skills are questionable too.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: September 09, 2015, 06:07:24 AM

I am reading some early comments. Looks like -SURPRISE- many steps back have been made since Blood Bowl 1.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: September 09, 2015, 06:14:16 AM

Wow. The Breton roster somehow failed to live up to my expectations even for a bullshit team made up by Cyanide.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #124 on: September 09, 2015, 06:25:25 AM

Wow. The Breton roster somehow failed to live up to my expectations even for a bullshit team made up by Cyanide.
Yeah a Blocker positional who doesn't start with Block seems like a very strange design decision.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: September 09, 2015, 06:28:31 AM

Played one friendly game.

Interface is...confusing, but I think I see it. Trying to do pass and blitzes dosn't seem obvious how to do it. The icon show up...sometimes.

Deploying players is very annoying, you need to let them move every single bloody square. Just GO there dammit.

Id'ing skills in tiny icons is next to impossible.

I miss my Amazons. I'll be sure tom paying 10 bucks for them :(. In 12 months :(

It's Blood Bowl. It's still good.  Whose setting up a league?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #126 on: September 09, 2015, 07:00:25 AM

Apparently a lot of people are locked out on PC because the game defaults to XBox controls and they need to press A to continue after loading.
Also the beta forum is full of crash reports.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: September 09, 2015, 07:08:41 AM

What I gathered so far. Please note that some of these things might be common misconceptions. Like the names and position labels. Maybe it's jut everyone missing the shortcut to activate it.

- No way to see previous dice rolls. Only your most recent one.

- No way to pick if you want one of your character skills to activate or not. For example, you HAVE to side-step, no choice there. Same for all the other skills.

- No way to see the grid on the field.

- No way to see tackle zones.

- No way to see player names or position.

In general, it seems like there's a whole bunch of missing Quality of Life little features that not only would be expected in such a complicated boardgame once it gets translated to computer, but THEY WERE IN BLOOD BOWL 1.

It's beta they say. When BB1 launched it was in a similar state of disarray. I am sure patches will bring it up to speed, but for at the moment it's a bummer.

EDIT: Interestingly, they added a real-money currency (Cyans) used to take part in the Veteran ladder and other serious competition. Completely optional, and taken from M:tG I would say. I am not sure how I feel about it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:14:36 AM by Falconeer »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #128 on: September 09, 2015, 07:15:23 AM

Sounds like those are mostly a result of the console focus. There's a limited number of buttons to press on a controller. Once they are all mapped, it's hard to shoe-horn in additional functionality like 'toggle grid' without hiding it in sub-sub-menus.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: September 09, 2015, 07:21:46 AM

Soooo...... I am mad at Cyanide again after about five years of being free from the curse? FUCK ME.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #130 on: September 09, 2015, 11:47:11 AM

There's zero reason to buy this until it a) has all the teams or b) they turn the servers off for Blood Bowl 1. And maybe not even then.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: September 09, 2015, 01:37:58 PM

There's zero reason to buy this until it a) has all the teams or b) they turn the servers off for Blood Bowl 1. And maybe not even then.

Agreed. Fancy graphics are fancy, but too much consolitis may be this version's downfall for the long-time PC players.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: September 14, 2015, 11:39:43 AM

Sounds like those are mostly a result of the console focus. There's a limited number of buttons to press on a controller. Once they are all mapped, it's hard to shoe-horn in additional functionality like 'toggle grid' without hiding it in sub-sub-menus.

Also I played last night and you can see tackle zones when you have an active character. They are a bit harder to see they are light green for 1 level of tackle zone and slightly brownish for more.

I do like that when you plot your courses it gives you a lot more information about your actual chances of dodging/picking things up/passing/catching. I remember that drove me up a wall before trying to figure out when dodging out of a tackle zone what your actual percent chance of doing it was.

I messed around a few games in a big generic league and the match making seemed pretty nice. It would be nice for them to show you what the league options were. Maybe there is a way to see it but if so I did not find them. Still had a couple good matches last night pretty even teams lost first game due to being rusty and failing a go for it to score the tying TD on the final turn. Second game was classic dwarf on humie violence. By the end of the game I had about 2/3 of their team ko'ed injured or dead. I was not fouling or even going out of my way to smash people around but the dice hated my opponent.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: September 14, 2015, 11:43:54 AM

Okay for blitzing click on the guy you want to blitz one time. A pop up over his head will appear with blitz as an option. If you select that then he is in a blitz action so can run then block somebody. You can also just click a guy at a distance to blitz but I found for most consistent results just manually start your action by declaring the blitz.

Pass I believe works the same way click the guy with the ball once the pop up should have pass as an option to go into pass mode. Also just activating the guy and then clicking on another player on your team will automatically activate pass mode. You can leave pass or blitz mode by hitting escape.

Played one friendly game.

Interface is...confusing, but I think I see it. Trying to do pass and blitzes dosn't seem obvious how to do it. The icon show up...sometimes.

Deploying players is very annoying, you need to let them move every single bloody square. Just GO there dammit.

Id'ing skills in tiny icons is next to impossible.

I miss my Amazons. I'll be sure tom paying 10 bucks for them :(. In 12 months :(

It's Blood Bowl. It's still good.  Whose setting up a league?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #134 on: September 14, 2015, 01:40:16 PM

So what I'm hearing is this is a colossal step backwards from the already eye-gougingly bad BB1 interface, doesn't even have all the teams from the original, and may require real-money to play some of the higher up leagues?

Fuck Cyanide.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: September 14, 2015, 02:17:34 PM

No, the interface isn't really worse. The problem is that there's a lot of missing stuff. In that sense, it's a huge step back.

Also, the real money stuff, I was probably wrong about it and I just overreacted. But until the game launches, we don't know.

Jury is out on BB2 and where it will be in a week when it officially launches and or in a few months after proper patching. What is undeniable though is that AT THE MOMENT BB1 is a better tool to play a proper game of Blood Bowl, and this is without even considering triple amount of teams.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #136 on: September 14, 2015, 02:21:16 PM

We all know the original BB needed a serious interface upgrade. That the new interface isn't loads better, AND has problems all its own with fewer teams and a expensive new price tag? I may not even bother waiting for a sale.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: September 14, 2015, 04:33:42 PM

There are some nice things. Like the spectator tool. Apparently you can watch other people play. Live. Not only the people you know. You can even go into the "Cabal Vision" menu and watch a number of live games being featured. *

Also, as mentioned above, the matchmaker is pretty cool. Sure, who cares about joining a random league. But it's not bad to simply apply to the official ladder (or one of the many alternative ones that will pop up) and just get a random match by hitting "play" without having to fish for a match in global chat (which has been removed entirely).

* apparently there is a search tool for live games. Apparently you can watch live any given match being played. Not so important in the Twitch era, but still cool.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 04:52:32 PM by Falconeer »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #138 on: September 14, 2015, 11:19:39 PM

There are some nice things. Like the spectator tool. Apparently you can watch other people play. Live. Not only the people you know. You can even go into the "Cabal Vision" menu and watch a number of live games being featured. *

* apparently there is a search tool for live games. Apparently you can watch live any given match being played. Not so important in the Twitch era, but still cool.

You can do this in BB1 too.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: September 14, 2015, 11:31:50 PM

Oh? Wow. I am so out of the loop then. I didn't know you could, otherwise I would have watched some of the hot matches or the finals of our League back in the days.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2  
Jump to: