Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:18:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 2.0 on PTS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2.0 on PTS  (Read 102377 times)
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #140 on: April 11, 2013, 12:00:46 PM

I'm taking the ride to 55 slowly. I've done the main Makeb storyline, and am at 54 now, but want to just do warzones for the rest so that I get as close to capped comms as possible. WZs at 55 aren't popping much yet from what I hear, and when they do start, it'll be pretty brutal once people start wearing conqueror with the new augments.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #141 on: April 11, 2013, 01:15:40 PM

I'm taking it slow-ish myself, my highest is my manquisitor at 52. He got the macrobinocular and whatevertheotherthingiscalled stuff and I haven't felt like dealing with those yet. why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: April 11, 2013, 01:24:03 PM

You're just spreading your leveling out across the alts. I'm been sticking to my Trooper and he's 54 already and I seriously doubt I have more playtime then you  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #143 on: April 11, 2013, 01:40:30 PM

That counts as taking it slow.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: April 11, 2013, 02:42:09 PM

I just dinged 51 you bastards.  Early verdict on the Scoundrel scrapper spec.  It sucks!  And achievements?  What the fuck?  Jesus Bioware...I must do them.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #145 on: April 11, 2013, 02:59:02 PM

ahahahahahahahaha I am unkillable as my scoundrel in PvP BRING IT ON SCRUBS

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: April 11, 2013, 03:04:16 PM

I just dinged 51 you bastards.  Early verdict on the Scoundrel scrapper spec.  It sucks!  And achievements?  What the fuck?  Jesus Bioware...I must do them.

The achievement system is awful. There's nothing creative in them, it's just: "Kill ten things. Now kill fifty of the things. Now kill a hundred of the things," or "Kill a boss. Now kill it twenty-five more times." Even a lot of blasé titles are locked behind enormously grindy meta-achievements.

I mean there's an achievement (required for another meta-achievement) for killing 1,000 enemy players on Alderaan. Not the warzone, the fucking planet.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: April 11, 2013, 04:32:39 PM

Scoundrel and Operative melee DPS are awesome fun in PvP. One big blaze of glory from the moment you destealth until you inevitably get dotted and put down. People die. Fast.

ahahahahahahahaha I am unkillable as my scoundrel in PvP BRING IT ON SCRUBS

- is why my wife laughs at me whenever I play mine. Because the class just screams at you to shout things like this when you're PvPing.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:34:27 PM by Jherad »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #148 on: April 11, 2013, 04:44:31 PM

I'm not DPS scoundrel, I'm a healer. Which makes me immortal.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: April 11, 2013, 07:20:31 PM

There are roughly 10 trillion follow up quests and dailies after you finish the main storyline.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: April 11, 2013, 09:31:34 PM

There are roughly 10 trillion follow up quests and dailies after you finish the main storyline.
What's the ratio of daily-to-non-daily quests in those 10 trillion?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: April 11, 2013, 10:15:03 PM

Dunno exactly, I saw like 10 daily quests on one terminal, and half a dozen [STAGE 1] quests on another terminal.

I went to have pizza instead of dealing with either.  why so serious?

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: April 12, 2013, 01:13:27 AM

I've gotten to 54 with my sorc. I'd be 55 already if I hadn't spent time gathering/crafting. So far Makeb's been ok. Had some same sex flirt options with the binocular and bot quest ladies. Only on the first step of those quests, so I don't know if the romance progresses or it's just a one-off line.

I don't like how the grade 9 nodes give either metal or compound instead of both.

Spent some time trying to finish all the space achievements only to find like half of the "do this in the mission" type are bugged.

Dislike how they redid the skill trees. After i redid my points my sorc and alll my other alts will just be leveling to get back stuff they lost in their secondary trees. The new stuff my madness spec sorc got: dmg proc, alacrity proc are meh. Damn alacrity proc puts this electric scarf/bola thing around my neck. Looks dumb.They moved the double zap on shock out of the madness line, so I don't have points for it now :(

New rating scalings means my crit chance/crit multiplier have lost 5-9% each. Same with Khem's defense and absorption. So I'll be leveling and gearing just to get back to my starting point. Hmm, just like the skill tree.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: April 12, 2013, 10:39:50 AM

New rating scalings means my crit chance/crit multiplier have lost 5-9% each. Same with Khem's defense and absorption. So I'll be leveling and gearing just to get back to my starting point. Hmm, just like the skill tree.

So they did exactly like Blizzard does with WoW. Big shocker.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #154 on: April 12, 2013, 10:56:02 AM

Which makes sense. The only goofy thing I find is moving the capstone things in the tree up 5 levels, the gear rating thing has been in the game from day 1 so that shouldn't surprise anyone.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: April 14, 2013, 10:45:23 AM

So I noticed that the multiplayer conversation option pops up if you're grouped when you interact with your holocom on your ship to begin Makeb. So naturally I tried the obvious: I went into my Merc's duo partner's ship and watched her Agent's Makeb intro. After that, I went back onto my ship and clicked the holocom...

...and nothing. Viewing someone else's intro on their ship skips your own. So now I'll never be able to see my Merc's Makeb intro.

Take this as a warning.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: April 15, 2013, 01:25:33 PM

I think I might have killed off my man crush inadvertently when I chose to sacrifice his team during one the quests.  Fuck. Heartbreak
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: April 15, 2013, 01:41:36 PM

You fool! You Foolish Fool!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #158 on: April 15, 2013, 02:38:37 PM

I think I might have killed off my man crush inadvertently when I chose to sacrifice his team during one the quests.  Fuck. Heartbreak

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: April 16, 2013, 01:32:23 AM

I took my wee Gunslinger into pvp for some shits and giggles.

Either:

A) Sharpshooter got really buffed
B) Bolster is extra broken for Sharpshooter
C) Both

I am like, downing most everything in 3 or 4 attacks, and half those attacks are instant.  why so serious?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: April 16, 2013, 05:07:53 AM

Sharpshooter was always really powerful in the lower level PvP.  Mine tore things up, but then got really sad in level 50 PvP.  Seems pretty buffed in 2.0 though, so maybe high level PvP won't be so bad anymore.

Over and out.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: April 16, 2013, 11:51:47 AM

Gunslinger/Snipers are really REAAAAAALLY powerful for PvP in 2.0.

Sharpshooter has absolutely frightening burst potential with near unlimited energy, and dirty fighting can easily pass a million damage done without breaking a sweat if you're content spamming shrap bombs.

One of the major changes with bolster however is that you start seeing your full damage output potential much much earlier in the levels whereas before there was a big leap when you hit 50 and got geared up. It is not unheard of  now to see level 35s doing 700k damage in a long warzone.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: April 16, 2013, 12:15:52 PM

So the naked bolster bug was fixed today (ie. if you don't have anything in a slot, then bolster doesn't kick in and give you superstats for it).

Took the community all of a few hours to figure out that you can still make it work with empty shells and/or just removing mods instead.  why so serious?

Quote from: SomeRandomForumPoster
Just confirmed this. I put my EWH gear on and took out the armorings in the head, chest, legs and feet and main stat was 300 higher, bonus healing was 350 higher and health was almost 500 higher then my full set of partisan gear. Expertise was 1920. Sad.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: April 16, 2013, 02:11:15 PM

I'm not even using any bolster naked bugs and my aimed shot is critting for 8-9k. It's kinda nuts.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #164 on: April 16, 2013, 04:45:00 PM

I want to say the naked bolster thing is really only a problem at 55.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: April 17, 2013, 05:56:04 PM

I want to say the naked bolster thing is really only a problem at 55.

Yeah I agree. I'm sure it's sort of exploitable before then, but the big differences are cropping up at level cap:

Quote from: EricMusco;6171888
The second issue we want to address is concerns over the balance between level 55 PvE and PvP gear. We have seen some reports from players around the forums and in this thread that they are seeing players wearing Underworld or Arkanian gear having higher stats under Bolster than people wearing Partisan or Conqueror.

After some investigation, it appears that this is true, but it is not intended. Although we always want to keep the PvP environment competitive even for players not wearing full PvP sets, Partisan and Conqueror should be performing better in Warzones than their PvE counterparts. We will be deploying a fix for this in 2.0.1 which will be coming out on Tuesday.

I know there is still a bit of confusion around the Bolster system, how it affects stats and Expertise and I am working on getting some more information on it. Sometime after 2.0.1 I am going to work with the combat team on getting a “mathy” post explaining a bit about Bolster and how it works which will hopefully work to clear up some confusion. As you can imagine, it is a pretty complex system.

I hope that alleviates some of your concerns with the issue of PvE v PvP gearing and thank you all for your feedback.

-eric

Another bolster 'fix' on Tuesday then.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: April 18, 2013, 01:02:10 AM

I took my Vanguard tank into 55 warzones tonight. I... It was not a good time.

I couldn't really defend anyone, I couldn't really damage anyone and I wasn't really all that survivable. I was a boat anchor to every team I was on.

After a dozen or so games, I finally gave up and just played my lolsmash JK in the lower bracket and dominated every game I was in. It was ALL SKILL amirite  why so serious?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 2.0 on PTS  
Jump to: