Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:58:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 2.0 on PTS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2.0 on PTS  (Read 102376 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 01:11:39 PM

Well, it also looks like Guardian Strike/Crushing Blow damage has been buffed, and you should be able to hit Retaliation/Riposte more often (and for more damage as well I think?)

EDIT: Yeah the 15% extra crit on Riposte is new I think.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:13:54 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 01:12:43 PM

I really can't get a handle on how alacrity is going to change things now. Things that would never bother with it before are considering it now.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 01:17:19 PM

I do have to say that I'm concerned about how itemization is going to be affecting tank defenses though. I'm still patching the test server, but it looks like my Jugg's ~30/50/50 Defense/Shield/Absorb is going to be looking more like 17/43/35, while my HP is going to balloon into the mid-30k range.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 01:19:53 PM

Meh, they have to flub ratings for the extra 5 levels and new tiers of gear. I am not terribly concerned about that.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 01:23:44 PM

I do have to say that I'm concerned about how itemization is going to be affecting tank defenses though. I'm still patching the test server, but it looks like my Jugg's ~30/50/50 Defense/Shield/Absorb is going to be looking more like 17/43/35, while my HP is going to balloon into the mid-30k range.

This is in level 50 gear, at level 55? I would think that's pretty much to be expected.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 01:36:16 PM

Level 55 gear, at level 55.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 01:38:32 PM

But is it from an equivalent tier to what you wear now?

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 01:39:10 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. It's the new tier gear that's on the Fleet vendors.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 01:40:59 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. It's the new tier gear that's on the Fleet vendors.

What I mean is you're now wearing stuff that is presumably from the first dungeons or raid at a new level cap. It would make sense that your %s are more like what you had in the first tier of raiding at 50, not the last tier - the same thing that happens in any game that uses stat ratings when a new expansion hits.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 02:59:49 PM

Personal shield generators are now effective against all attacks that deal Energy and Kinetic Damage, rather than just direct weapon attacks.

How does this change anything, exactly (as in I don't know what deals energy and kinetic damage)?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 21, 2013, 03:08:44 PM

Personal shield generators are now effective against all attacks that deal Energy and Kinetic Damage, rather than just direct weapon attacks.

How does this change anything, exactly (as in I don't know what deals energy and kinetic damage)?

This is a pretty huge change. Right now your shield chance doesn't work against almost any special abilities from classes other than their basic attack. Now it will work against I think pretty much anything but force attacks.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 21, 2013, 03:10:25 PM

Surely they won't let tanks actually be tanky in PvP?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 21, 2013, 03:11:34 PM

There are four kinds of 'attacks' and four damage types.

The four kinds of attack are Ranged, Melee, Tech, Force. Ranged and Melee attacks can be dodged/shielded. Tech and Force attacks can not currently.

The four kinds of damage types are Kinetic, Energy, Internal, Elemental. Kinetic and Energy can be mitigated by armor. Elemental and Internal are only mitigated by baseline damage reductions (tank stances, talents that reduce damage by 1-3% etc).

The overwhelming majority of player special attacks (and alot of special NPC attacks) fall into the tech/force category. Currently on live, if something is Tech/Force attack, dodge/shield just don't work on it, the end.

Now on the PTS, if you have a Tech/Force attack that does Kinetic or Energy damage, it can be shielded. (Tool tips tell you which damage type each attack deals, and you can see if your attack is ranged/melee/tech/force by looking at your abilities tab).

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: February 21, 2013, 03:50:33 PM

I was hoping that was the case.  Heart I wish shadows were getting the aoe absorb but maybe that phase walk thing is cool too.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 21, 2013, 03:51:58 PM

Phase walk is the one people are already crying about being broken in PVP.  why so serious?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 21, 2013, 03:56:05 PM

It has a really big range, phase walk. 60 meters I think?

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: February 21, 2013, 04:10:14 PM

Phase walk is the one people are already crying about being broken in PVP.  why so serious?

So I finally picked a fotm? I usually find the most gimped class ever. I guess with 15 chars it was bound to happen.  awesome, for real
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 21, 2013, 04:48:24 PM

Of course people are crying about it.  The only thing people hate more than dying fast is when other people can escape them!  It's Warlock teleport on a melee class, so of course it's overpowered for something something reason!  why so serious?

Speaking of which, I assume the teleport ignores line of sight and pathing?

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: February 21, 2013, 04:55:03 PM

No idea. The complaint I've seen is that it makes node guarding too easy. That may actually be true, but I don't really PVP so no skin off my back.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: February 21, 2013, 06:44:31 PM

But is it from an equivalent tier to what you wear now?

Yes, level 55 in equivalent tier gear with appropriate armoring/mod/enh installed, the 30/50/50 numbers are borked.  There are threads on the PTR forum mentioning it but they get drowned in "are you 55 in 55 gear? and is it equivalent tier?" comments.  I guess I'll just continue reading; there's bound to be more in-depth analysis from tank experts, and/or possible changes from EA, before it goes live.  It's way too early to worry at this point.

EDIT:  Phase Walk looks more like a go-back-to-your-spot teleport.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:48:28 PM by ajax34i »
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: February 21, 2013, 07:31:46 PM

EDIT:  Phase Walk looks more like a go-back-to-your-spot teleport.

Yeah, that's exactly how the Warlock teleport works in WoW iirc.

Edit: and that Sorcerer ability looks like the Mage Ice Block?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:35:31 PM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: February 21, 2013, 08:31:52 PM

If ice block was channeled.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: February 21, 2013, 08:48:30 PM

Is there any functional difference, though?  You couldn't move or cast with Ice Block up anyway.  Or is it possible to interrupt or use knockback to end the channel early?

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: February 21, 2013, 09:11:47 PM

Can't channel mid air for an awesome action pose!  why so serious?

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: February 21, 2013, 10:40:42 PM

Well, monks in WOW are a melee class and Transcendence is basically a more versatile Phase Walk (since it exchanges your position with the original position, so you can use it again for an escape later if you want), and assassins in GW1 / thieves in GW2 have plenty of shadowstep-type abilities that teleport back to your original location when (event) happens, so I don't think having it on a meleer is overpowered.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 22, 2013, 02:22:09 AM

As I understand it the complaint is that the range is so long that the shadow/assassin can run all over the place contributing to other fights and still pop back to hit someone capping a node, or whatever.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: February 22, 2013, 03:04:56 AM

If that's the complaint they just don't get it:  it's overpowered because it saves A TON of time when jumping from pipe to pipe to get holocrons.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: February 22, 2013, 08:04:45 AM

Meh, my madness spec sorc is gonna lose the chance to proc a second zap on shock. I really liked that double zap. They also moved the old 31 power, creeping horror, up to 36. So either I have to choose whether to lose crepping horror or some of my 3/7 picks from the other two trees. Whee, I get to lose abilities and then spend time leveling up to get them back!  Mob

Need to figure out wth the new alacrity does to see if I want that chance to proc up to a whole extra 4% of it or go with damage reduction while stunned or whatever.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 22, 2013, 09:10:30 AM

My operative gets to roll...up to 12 meters...fuck u guys
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: February 22, 2013, 10:14:07 AM

What's the point of getting new levels over 50 if all it does is restore powers that were taken away?  Is that supposed to be fun?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: February 22, 2013, 10:54:00 AM

Meh, my madness spec sorc is gonna lose the chance to proc a second zap on shock. I really liked that double zap. They also moved the old 31 power, creeping horror, up to 36. So either I have to choose whether to lose crepping horror or some of my 3/7 picks from the other two trees. Whee, I get to lose abilities and then spend time leveling up to get them back!  Mob

Need to figure out wth the new alacrity does to see if I want that chance to proc up to a whole extra 4% of it or go with damage reduction while stunned or whatever.

Except you have 5 more points to spend as well, so no, you don't lose any of those other 10 points (other than perhaps temporarily). Also as best I can tell the double zap is still reachable as it is in the first tier of lightning now.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: February 22, 2013, 02:12:06 PM

Personally, I think it's a fucking cheat just to raise the same foul tasting cookie in the jar to a higher shelf.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: February 22, 2013, 03:53:05 PM

So, looking on the PTS, it looks like subscribers are going to be hit with a fairly restrictive commendations cap come 2.0. Black Hole and Daily comms are being combined into one (apparently Legacy-wide) currency... with a cap of 300. Not only that, but you're also limited to earning a max of 150 per week, across your Legacy.

I've got 700 daily comms and over 300 Black Hole comms on my tank alone, and I have to figure out what the hell I'm going to do with them before 2.0 hits.

Edit: Also, for some strange reason, Bioware decided to increase the cost of flying your ship from planet to planet by around 10x. Where it was once about 140 credits, it's now about 1500.

This applies to lowbies as well.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:57:55 PM by koro »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: February 22, 2013, 04:03:56 PM

The planet thing is fucking harsh.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: February 22, 2013, 04:06:49 PM

Yikes. I'm guessing that doesn't last long if it even makes it to live. That's high enough to actually cause you to get stuck somewhere.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 2.0 on PTS  
Jump to: