Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:28:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 1 - Let's Gooooooo! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 1 - Let's Gooooooo!  (Read 24656 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 03:52:59 AM

Hazardous Hippies | 4 - 0 | Bring Back the Biff

Teams
Hazardous HippiesBring Back the Biff
Race : Wood elfOrc
TV : 2040960
Treasury : 32000040000
Rerolls : 32
Apothecary : 10
Fan Factor : 100
Cheerleaders : 10

Match Report
Score : 40
Touchdowns inflicted : 40
Touchdowns sustained : 04
Passes : 10
Catches : 10
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 414
KOs inflicted : 23
Injuries inflicted : 23
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 12
Yards gained passing : 120
Yards gained running : 7262
Ball Possession (%) : 1957
Own occupation: 1782
Opponent occupation : 8217
Note of the match: 15/20
Spectators: 30000

Despite the score, this match was closer than it looks.  Schpain played his team really well, and it was only by some pretty close dice rolls that I was able to keep him from scoring.  He was also given 1,080,000 gold in inducements, which he used to buy Morg, A Halfling Master Chef, and a Wizard.  Morg was worth his weight in gold, knocking out or injuring several of my players, including wardancers (I had to save a permanent injury from one of them with an apoth on the 2nd damned turn).  Both of my wardancers spent a large amount of the game knocked out on the sideline, which made this a lot more tricky.  The Chef stole 2 rerolls from me each half.

The game was just a bash fest from the get go.  He kicked it straight into the hands of a wardancer I had on the front line on the first turn, and I decided to run it in rather than do my normal passing BS.  Every round after that was a slug fest, with no passing to be had in the game except on the very last turn.  Oddly, I actually injured three of his players to the two of mine he injured.  Everybody was just dropping in this game.  Still my elves managed to hold out and attack his ball carrier, which he tended to leave un-caged in favor of a full line assault on my elves across the entire field.  While this took a toll on my elves, I was eventually able to finagle a TD out of it, and slow him down enough to keep him out of scoring range by one space.

Still, the game would have been 2-0 if not for some nuffle fucking at the end.  After one play, I had my star catcher near the ball, but he had knocked down pretty much everybody else near it, and had a wall of orcs caging off any support.  The ball was marked by Morg.  At the end of his turn, he used his wizard to cast lighting on my lone elf.  Which promptly fizzled (as seems to happen every time somebody uses lighting on me.  Guys, my elves wear antlers on their heads.  It works like a lighting rod!).  My elf then dodged out of the tackle zones, picked up the marked ball, dodged away from Morg, and then ran three GFI's in a row to score.

Turn 16 comes around.  The previous turn, I had managed to knock the ball lose, but was out of rerolls and nobody who could pick up the double marked ball very easily.  So I had moved most of my guys near it, left one thrower in the back field, one thrower mid field, and ran a catcher away from everybody and into scoring range.  My goal was to pray he had some bad block rolls and left the ball open for me to try and grab, hand off to a thrower, than pass to the catcher on the next turn.  Or if that failed, I knew it would be a solid cage of orcs around it by the end of his turn, so was hoping I could push an orc to crowd surf it out of bounds for a good throw in.

Neither happened, as he managed to knock down or injure all my elves nearby, then marked it with a bunch of orcs.  But then he tried to have his goblin pick it up as his last play, who failed, dropping it on the line of orcs, who proceeded to fumble the thing out of bounds.  It was thrown back in on my half, in easy pick up range for my spare QB.  A quick run and throw to my pro catcher, and the game is made 4-0 on the very last turn of the game.

So yeah, a lot of luck made the score the way it is.  Truth be told, the score easily could have been 2-1 had the luck been a little more even, and if I had been a bit more unlucky, a 2-2 tie.  He played quite well.

Also, my kicker got MVP.   awesome, for real
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:04:52 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 17, 2013, 01:01:39 PM

Haemish, bring on your rats so I can stomp on some gutter runners!

I'm out of town for the next couple of days, let me know when you are available.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 17, 2013, 02:24:19 PM

The Nifty Helmets tied the Blitzburg Brewers in an exciting 0-0 game.

WIth their 900K in inducements Gort's team took the wizard, 2 stars: Morg and the Scrapa (pogo goblin) and ...?
The Brewers chose to receive and the Helmets set up a front heavy line without their two claw goats (claw Minotaur anchoring the center though). The ball was kicked out of bounds and delivered to Scrappa, who Morg then failed to throw (attempting to pass the Helmets front line for a quick score). He blitz KO'd a guarding goat to open a hole on the side and his troll knocked down a warrior in the front-line but then the Helmets got to respond and the Mr. Big (minotaur) immediately badly hurt the troll (who failed to regenerate) taking him out of the rest of the game, and knocked down a few more blitzers to get close to Scrapa with the ball. Morg threw Scrapa who wasn't able to keep his feet landing on a goat (knocking the goat down) and ended up dropping the ball. A continuation of unlucky dice for both sides (failed GFIs, wild animals and pickups mostly) meant the rest of the first half was spent pushing the ball around near the sideline, and when the Helmets finally attempted a break near the end, we failed to have anyone in scoring range.
Two successful KO rolls meant that Gort was just able to field a full 11 (out of the team 14 with extras) at the start of the 2nd half, and the helmets who were receiving put their two claw goats on a wide front-line. A riot cost the clock a turn (might argue cost the Helmets a score) and a perfectly positioned kick put the ball on the helmets goal-line, where san-gor (the strong goat) as the only helmet within range had to run back to scoop it up. Mr. Big badly hurt a black orc then at the start of the following turn double skulled and loner'd the reroll before the ball carrier moved from the backfield. The Brewer's wizard saw its chance and lightning-struck the ball carrying goat KO'ing it and leaving the ball near the helmet's goal line, Brewer goblins made a race for the backfield from the sides. The rest of the half, Morg and the remaining black orcs slugged it out with the Minotaur and a few warriors in the midfield tying them up while goblins and blitzers fought goats for ball in the helmet's backfield. Eventually the Helmet's bashiness won through and they wrested the ball back to the half but with only one turn remaining they couldn't just take the two turns to run it in. Because they're slow learners there was only one chaos warrior standing within scoring range. The Brewers went for it to double cover the warrior and the helmet's were left with a hail mary situation for their last turn. Immediately the helmets wasted a reroll on a GFI to get a goat bearing on the defenders, then the warrior's blitz failed to knock a hole in the coverage so he had to attempt a dodge away to get into position to receive a scoring pass (ha!) -- a dodge which he failed. With the ball still held by a helmet in the midfield, the Brewers used their final turn to take revenge for their two deaths by knocking down the claw/mightyblow/jumpup goat who was then stomped to death by Scrapa (it was his time soon anyway, -av/+niggle; the apothecary suggested death was the only recourse). And with Scrapa being sent off the field the buzzer blew ending a scoreless game.

Two helmet-wearing chaos warriors leveled. Game was uploaded to bbmanager.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 04:20:57 PM by Gruntle »
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 17, 2013, 02:27:11 PM

Hazardous Hippies | 4 - 0 | Bring Back the Biff

Teams
Race : Wood elfOrc
TV : 2040960
Treasury : 32000040000
Rerolls : 32
Apothecary : 10
Fan Factor : 100
Cheerleaders : 10

Match Report
Score : 40
Touchdowns inflicted : 40
Touchdowns sustained : 04
Passes : 10
Catches : 10
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 414
KOs inflicted : 23
Injuries inflicted : 23
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 12
Yards gained passing : 120
Yards gained running : 7262
Ball Possession (%) : 1957
Own occupation: 1782
Opponent occupation : 8217
Note of the match: 15/20
Spectators: 30000

Despite the score, this match was closer than it looks.  Schpain played his team really well, and it was only by some pretty close dice rolls that I was able to keep him from scoring.  He was also given 1,080,000 gold in inducements, which he used to buy Morg, A Halfling Master Chef, and a Wizard.  Morg was worth his weight in gold, knocking out or injuring several of my players, including wardancers (I had to save a permanent injury from one of them with an apoth on the 2nd damned turn).  Both of my wardancers spent a large amount of the game knocked out on the sideline, which made this a lot more tricky.  The Chef stole 2 rerolls from me each half.

The game was just a bash fest from the get go.  He kicked it straight into the hands of a wardancer I had on the front line on the first turn, and I decided to run it in rather than do my normal passing BS.  Every round after that was a slug fest, with no passing to be had in the game except on the very last turn.  Oddly, I actually injured three of his players to the two of mine he injured.  Everybody was just dropping in this game.  Still my elves managed to hold out and attack his ball carrier, which he tended to leave un-caged in favor of a full line assault on my elves across the entire field.  While this took a toll on my elves, I was eventually able to finagle a TD out of it, and slow him down enough to keep him out of scoring range by one space.

Still, the game would have been 2-0 if not for some nuffle fucking at the end.  After one play, I had my star catcher near the ball, but he had knocked down pretty much everybody else near it, and had a wall of orcs caging off any support.  The ball was marked by Morg.  At the end of his turn, he used his wizard to cast lighting on my lone elf.  Which promptly fizzled (as seems to happen every time somebody uses lighting on me.  Guys, my elves wear antlers on their heads.  It works like a lighting rod!).  My elf then dodged out of the tackle zones, picked up the marked ball, dodged away from Morg, and then ran three GFI's in a row to score.

Turn 16 comes around.  The previous turn, I had managed to knock the ball lose, but was out of rerolls and nobody who could pick up the double marked ball very easily.  So I had moved most of my guys near it, left one thrower in the back field, one thrower mid field, and ran a catcher away from everybody and into scoring range.  My goal was to pray he had some bad block rolls and left the ball open for me to try and grab, hand off to a thrower, than pass to the catcher on the next turn.  Or if that failed, I knew it would be a solid cage of orcs around it by the end of his turn, so was hoping I could push an orc to crowd surf it out of bounds for a good throw in.

Neither happened, has he managed to knock down or injure all my elves nearby, then marked it with a bunch of orcs.  But then he tried to have his goblin pick it up as his last play, who failed, dropping it on the line of orcs, who proceeded to fumble the thing out of bounds.  It was thrown back in on my half, in easy pick up range for my spare QB.  A quick run and throw to my pro catcher, and the game is made 4-0 on the very last turn of the game.

So yeah, a lot of luck made the score the way it is.  Truth be told, the score easily could have been 2-1 had the luck been a little more even, and if I had been a bit more unlucky, a 2-2 tie.  He played quite well.

Also, my kicker got MVP.   awesome, for real

Some of those consecutive rolls you got off were nothing short of spectacular, generally a great game.  I think if I hadn't lubed up with alcohol pre-match I might have thrown my laptop out the balcony!!

Once I got those wardancers off the pitch we were actually able to play a reasonable game (apoc reroll wardancer injury ASdOISAJFsofh, also lightning fizzle ASdOISAJFsofh).  With that star catcher and the 2 dancers, it didn't matter how much protection I had on the ball; you'd leap in, grab it and run out...  I didn't give enough respect to your high SPP players, I'd never played against a 2k TV team before so i figured if i marked you 1:1 and slowly crumpled your line, a couple of orcs guarding the ball would suffice.  Boy was I wrong.

*Should be working*
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 17, 2013, 03:10:48 PM

Teleku's team is the definition of elven bullshit.  awesome, for real
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #40 on: February 17, 2013, 03:22:28 PM

Having a lightning bolt fizzle is fucking infuriating. I had one fizzle against Reborne and I am still bitter about it.

God Save the Horn Players
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #41 on: February 17, 2013, 03:28:54 PM

Having a lightning bolt fizzle is fucking infuriating. I had one fizzle against Reborne and I am still bitter about it.
Lightning usually fizzles on my Ogres.
They generate stupidity, magic requires too much smarts.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 17, 2013, 03:31:38 PM

Teleku's team is the definition of elven bullshit.  awesome, for real
And yet I never make it past the first round of playoffs.   awesome, for real

This was a harsh match up, frankly.  Schpain didn't come in with a groomed feeder league team, just a raw 960 point orc team.  My team in particular is really rough on new teams, as none of them have players who have developed the basic skills to stop my BS.  So I tend to run up the score (I believe I did a 7-0 game one time in a season...) without them having any way to stop me.  This balances out fairly fast as even a medium skilled team (matched with a good coach) has the player skills to make my BS much harder to pull off.  So oh well, good game, use it as a learning experience (basically, in the future, cage the shit out of your ball carrier when playing against a team such as mine.  The full court press you did hurt, but all I need is one wardancer to ruin your day and end the drive.  Cage and force me to try and break through a big angry block of green.  That hurts.  A LOT.)

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 17, 2013, 04:12:42 PM

Ya I really can't wait for a rematch; when I have blodge on my blitzers, tackle etc, frenzy on blorcs and maybe Julia Gillard has a few balls handling skills (the fumble goblin).

*Should be working*
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #44 on: February 17, 2013, 04:17:35 PM

Ya I really can't wait for a rematch; when I have blodge on my blitzers, tackle etc, frenzy on blorcs and maybe Julia Gillard has a few balls handling skills (the fumble goblin).

Keep dreamin' kiddo, your team will be in tatters after Drogg and I are thru  Ohhhhh, I see.

We meet next week Teleku!!!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS awesome, for real this guy looks legit
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 17, 2013, 04:46:07 PM

ohgod

-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #46 on: February 17, 2013, 04:46:07 PM

This was a harsh match up, frankly.  Schpain didn't come in with a groomed feeder league team, just a raw 960 point orc team.  My team in particular is really rough on new teams, as none of them have players who have developed the basic skills to stop my BS.  So I tend to run up the score (I believe I did a 7-0 game one time in a season...) without them having any way to stop me.  This balances out fairly fast as even a medium skilled team (matched with a good coach) has the player skills to make my BS much harder to pull off.  So oh well, good game, use it as a learning experience (basically, in the future, cage the shit out of your ball carrier when playing against a team such as mine.  The full court press you did hurt, but all I need is one wardancer to ruin your day and end the drive.  Cage and force me to try and break through a big angry block of green.  That hurts.  A LOT.)

Speaking as someone who brought a shit ton of Elven bullshit to previous seasons, the main things that made my Wardancers cry were Guard and Sure Hands. Wardancers are the best things ever for breaking cages. Two disposable Elves mark all four corners between them and then the Wardancer leaps into the middle and blocks the ball carrier. Even with a 1d block the Wardancer gets the ball 5/6 times once you give her Strip Ball (4/6 if the ball carrier has Block). Guard makes that a whole lot harder to do. Sure Hands means that the Wardancer only gets the ball half the time (a third of the time if the ball carrier has Block or Dodge and 1/6 times with both).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:30:26 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 17, 2013, 04:50:51 PM

Very true!  And I try not to highlight that exact fact about cages.   awesome, for real

But he wasn't even caging the entire game, which is where my first bit of advice comes in, heh.

-Stephen Colbert
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #48 on: February 17, 2013, 05:39:24 PM

Gave my thrower Hail Mary Pass.  awesome, for real

just kidding.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 17, 2013, 09:17:50 PM

Good write-up Gruntle.  As I feared, I have a wrecked teamed after playing my newbie 1000 TV team vs Gruntle's ClawBomb killers. I suffered 2 deaths and 4 injuries. What's the lowest a teams TV can go?  I'll be at it for sure! At least I did the league a favor and killed a ClawBomber on the last play of the game. Sorry Gruntle, that killer had to go!

Looks like Morg'N'Thorg will be a permanent player on my roster this season!  ACK!

willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 17, 2013, 09:20:37 PM

Morning Modern Angel.  I'm available all today, GMT.  Give me a nudge on steam when you want to play.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: February 17, 2013, 11:50:06 PM

Danicia,

I'm on steam and I've sent you a friend request. I'm about all day, poke me when you want a game.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 18, 2013, 02:27:31 AM

Good write-up Gruntle.  As I feared, I have a wrecked teamed after playing my newbie 1000 TV team vs Gruntle's ClawBomb killers. I suffered 2 deaths and 4 injuries. What's the lowest a teams TV can go?  I'll be at it for sure! At least I did the league a favor and killed a ClawBomber on the last play of the game. Sorry Gruntle, that killer had to go!

Looks like Morg'N'Thorg will be a permanent player on my roster this season!  ACK!

Heh, second game my team ever played (Back in season 2), Llyse killed two of my players, concussed another, then badly injured 4 others.   Had no money to replace anything at that point.  My TV dropped to something halfings teams only dream about for a bit after that.   awesome, for real

-Stephen Colbert
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: February 18, 2013, 11:27:57 AM

A solid, hard-fought 1-1 tie with willisterman's dwarves. It was about what you would expect. The chaos dwarves were on the good end of a Blitz event on turn one, and it looked like a slaughter was impending, but luck failed me in the latter part of the first half, with a bewildering array of both downs and double skulls. The dwarves fought back gamely and the Death Roller was put to very good effect; dwarves went up 1-0 just before halftime.

With the chaos dwarves receiving the kick-off in the second half, it was a different story. A solid open lane was available on the left side of the pitch for my bulls to run down. I was primed for a two turn score... and then my minotaur decided to wild animal, letting the slower dwarves close the gap. As it was, I scored, but I had to play for the tie. We shoved each other around a bit, but nobody was going to catch Snuggly Kuddlykins the bull centaur. He ran it in on the last turn and we let it at the tie.
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: February 18, 2013, 12:01:29 PM

The Dwarven team distracted the ref, and then rolled their secret weapon onto the pitch, lining it up against the largest thing out there.  By the time the ref had noticed, the game was already in progress, and it was too late to do anything about it!

Although outmatched in strength and speed, The dwarves fought against the chaos dwarves valiantly at the start, trading blow for blow, even when their darker brethren cheated at the start, going even before the whistle was blown!  They quickly (for dwarves) ran into our side of the pitch before we could even react, surrounding the ball!  A bloody battle was fought near it, with two of the hobgoblins hurt, and carried off the pitch early on.

Funus the Troll Slayer took an instant dislike to the Bull Centaurs, after being singled out by them early on, and made it his mission to deal as much damage to them as possible!  With both of them down for a short while, the dwarves saw their chance, and moved as fast as their stubbly little legs would carry them to the other side of the pitch, stopping only to hit the odd dwarf who got in their way.

It was at this point that the ref got his act together, and kicked the death roller off the pitch.  This left the dwarf team much weaker, which the chaos dwarves quickly capitalised on, using their superior strength and speed to dominate the pitch.  The Dwarves could to little more than slow the centaurs down, managing to close down one side of the pitch.  Funus, bored with Centaurs now, charged head first into their Minotaur, caring nothing for his bulk, and slamming him back, almost off the pitch.  Dwarf after dwarf threw themselves against his greater bulk, but after Funus was hurt, nobody could touch the Minotaur, and the Centaurs ran off to the other side of the pitch.  Dwarves were dropping left right and centre, till few remained standing, and the Chaos Dwarves easily carried to ball off, to draw.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: February 18, 2013, 01:31:07 PM

So, Orcs versus a new Amazon team and the poor Amazon's came off rather badly :(

The score was 2-0 to the Orcs, the Amazons had 1 death and 3 injuries despite the Orcs constant double skull rolling and the Amazon's ability to dodge almost everything the Orcs threw at them!

Got some SPP and a win, so happy days for the Orcs.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #56 on: February 18, 2013, 03:02:31 PM

Megrim with our timezone difference it is going to have to be done this weekend as I am away next weekend. I can do most weekend evenings GMT +0 so let if you can play this weekend it would be good otherwise going to have to forfeit my first match as its not your fault I can't play next weekend.

I'll try to stick around today (Sunday) to see if I can catch you on Steam, otherwise we might have to schedule for your Sunday night, my Monday morning.

I think Ulysees has gone AWAL   sad

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: February 18, 2013, 03:03:54 PM

I think your avatar went AWOL

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: February 18, 2013, 04:22:17 PM

Heh, second game my team ever played (Back in season 2), Llyse killed two of my players, concussed another, then badly injured 4 others.   Had no money to replace anything at that point.  My TV dropped to something halfings teams only dream about for a bit after that.   awesome, for real

One of the OCC seasons I played in my team suffered massive causalities and I played the entire season with a sub 1000 TV team in a division of mostly 1600+ TV teams, some ~2000. I did really well with the great Stars offered in the computer game.  Looks like I'll be going through the same thing here.   Shaking fist
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: February 18, 2013, 04:23:51 PM

8 Eyes 2-0 over The Banned. Take that, predictions thread!

My crew of rats turned out to be surprisingly scrappy and while they spent a lot of time on the ground, they held off the Necromantic players while my Troll brought the pain and tied up Flesh Golems in between bouts of stupidity. 8 Eyes' grasp on the ball was tenuous at times and The Banned very nearly scored during the second half, which would have likely ended the game in a tie. The dice were all on my side when it came to last-ditch efforts though - both of my touchdowns would have been prevented had Ingmar's werewolves not failed GFI rolls on the way to sack my carrier, and when Ingmar's ghoul looked primed to score my wizard took out both his defenders with a well-placed fireball (permanently turning HRose into ash) and my Thrower executed a perfect blitz-GFI-pickup maneuver.

Was a fun game and I'm suddenly optimistic about my band of merry mutants. Though not too optimistic because I haven't forgotten what happened last time I played an AV7 team.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #60 on: February 18, 2013, 04:54:11 PM

The First Ladies 1 - 1 Understone Raiders

I chose a wizard and two rerolls as my inducements for the match, figuring I would need them for the centaur to have a chance at picking up the ball, and then chose to receive the ball, though it appeared to be raining. 

The first few rounds went rather well for me, block-wise I knocked down Jasper's linerats fairly readily, and he managed mostly pushes and both downs.  He got a bit overzealous and rushed the ball as it floundered around, but he had very good reason to as I was proving unable to get it into the hands of anyone.  After four rounds of inconclusive play, and pushing Jasper as much out of my top left as I could, I finally managed to pick up the ball and caged up, running toward the endzone.  On my seventh turn I scored, though it was with a hobgoblin, sadly.

Jasper had some time to score, but in his opening turn he failed a dodge away from one of my linedwarves and that ended pretty much any chance of an equalizer in the first half.

The second half opened with me kicking off and sending the ball pretty much right at his thrower's feet.  It is at this time that the blood really started to pour, and over the following six rounds Jasper moved the ball back and forth, whittling down my pieces with his claw Stormvermin (who make me pine for Fillmore/Truman).  He even managed to kill Nancy Reagan, the pinko!  I kept the pressure on him as much as I could, and succeeded on more GFI rolls than I ever have in my life, but by the end I simply wasn't able to track down his thrower as he blitzed and ran away from me several times.  Even my wizard failed to make contact.  The match ended with me taking a few pot-shots and grabbing spps.

Jasper's a great coach, and I had a lot of fun with the game.  I'm looking forward to many more against him.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: February 18, 2013, 05:00:09 PM

Nancy had it coming, I tell yah.

It was a great match!  I was expecting opportunity when the rain started to pour, but I couldn't quite get at the ball and after you recovered I was out of position and so you just plowed forward to score.  Out of rerolls my chance for an equalizing TD given two turns weren't great, especially as I messed up the blocking and so had to dodge more than I should have...  I face palmed, went for the dodge anyway, and then face palmed again. smiley

In the second half I was looking to score quickly and try to win the game, but that didn't quite pan out, so I dropped my Thrower back and shifted flanks hoping to leave those slow Dwarves in the dust.  This mostly worked and then the dice started to go my way as I put my Clawrats to work, a lightning bolt missed (whew!), and so although I wasn't able to score quickly and hope for a good kick I was able to stall scoring until the final turn and feed the ball to a 3 SPP linerat.

Worth watching via BBManager.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:08:48 PM by Jasper »
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #62 on: February 18, 2013, 05:35:05 PM

8 Eyes 2-0 over The Banned. Take that, predictions thread!

My crew of rats turned out to be surprisingly scrappy and while they spent a lot of time on the ground, they held off the Necromantic players while my Troll brought the pain and tied up Flesh Golems in between bouts of stupidity. 8 Eyes' grasp on the ball was tenuous at times and The Banned very nearly scored during the second half, which would have likely ended the game in a tie. The dice were all on my side when it came to last-ditch efforts though - both of my touchdowns would have been prevented had Ingmar's werewolves not failed GFI rolls on the way to sack my carrier, and when Ingmar's ghoul looked primed to score my wizard took out both his defenders with a well-placed fireball (permanently turning HRose into ash) and my Thrower executed a perfect blitz-GFI-pickup maneuver.

Was a fun game and I'm suddenly optimistic about my band of merry mutants. Though not too optimistic because I haven't forgotten what happened last time I played an AV7 team.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 18, 2013, 05:56:28 PM

Sweet result ezrast! The group is wide open!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #64 on: February 18, 2013, 06:30:43 PM

Ezrast played a very good game, I can't think of any obvious mistakes he made at all. That wizard did hurt and was probably the difference between a tie and a loss for me (Nuffle obliging); one of the reasons I switched teams was the hope that I'd not have to play against wizards so often - so of course I land in the all-new-teams division.  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: February 19, 2013, 03:28:18 AM

Sorry Megrim i was checking the thread a lot and did not see your reply. When I checked steam you were on Snooze. I have cancelled my visit this weekend so if you can play saturday or sunday then let me know which day and I will make sure I am here.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: February 19, 2013, 03:56:33 AM

Just as a heads up, a Steam client update was released that allows for Offline Messaging.  Restart your client to get it.

As an additional heads up, the client update is 110 MB  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #67 on: February 19, 2013, 08:46:02 AM

Haemish, bring on your rats so I can stomp on some gutter runners!

I'm out of town for the next couple of days, let me know when you are available.

I'll be available all week after 7 pm CST. Just let me know when you are back in town.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: February 19, 2013, 08:58:53 AM

Four days in and it looks like we are at 10/16 games played, 11 if you count the expected Falc forfeit.   Woot!

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: February 20, 2013, 07:13:37 PM

The Norse/Lizard throw-down is about to begin...BB Manager broadcast is up.

Edit:  And we're done.  Went about as expected.  3-1 Lizards, thankfully nobody dying.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:41:30 PM by luckton »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 1 - Let's Gooooooo!  
Jump to: