Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:59:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 1 - Let's Gooooooo! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 1 - Let's Gooooooo!  (Read 24350 times)
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: February 20, 2013, 08:52:08 PM

The Norse/Lizard throw-down is about to begin...BB Manager broadcast is up.

Edit:  And we're done.  Went about as expected.  3-1 Lizards, thankfully nobody dying.
easy for you to say, i've got a skink with a broken back  cry 

got off to a super clean start slapping the norse around.  luckton made a lot of super risky rolls; i'd say roughly one third turned out in his favor, one third were neutral, and one third let me take advantage.  i scored twice without breaking a sweat before luckton's wild flailing started accumulating a body count while i couldn't do much more besides score a giant pile of KOs, which the bugman's brew took care of on the norse side.  second half was an even 1-1 that kept me on my toes but i kept enough momentum to stay competitive.

also we managed to get three free bribes apiece off of kicks.  never seen that accumulate like that before.  thankfully didn't amount to too much carnage.

stats below the spoilers!

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: February 22, 2013, 12:21:32 AM

Sjofn, I'm available from this evening till sunday lunchtime GMT, pretty much whenever.

Let me know what works for you.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #72 on: February 22, 2013, 10:35:14 PM

I'll look around for you! I'm sorry I've been sort of irritating to grab onto, I'm clearly out of practice being available for people for Blood Bowl.

God Save the Horn Players
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: February 23, 2013, 02:41:38 AM

Cool, I'll start bothering you on steam once it becomes a decent hour again in -8 land.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #74 on: February 23, 2013, 11:29:58 AM

The Mutiny loses 3-1 to rat bullshit, but it was a little closer than the score would imply, I think. I hope. Perhaps eldaec has a different opinion!

My SHITTY WEREWOLF actually hurt someone (the ONLY INJURY, by the way, The Mutiny is out of bashy practice) so he'll be going up. Block ahoy!

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: February 23, 2013, 11:35:13 AM

Turn 15 we were 2-1 up, but Sjofn's men were holding one square from the rat end zone, almost certain to make it 2-2.

So naturally Blind Eddie got up from a prone position in the centre of a cage, using dauntless knocked over the Norse ball carrier who was one square from the endzone - picked up the ball under 3 tacklezones, triple dodged out, passed half way up the pitch to a waiting rat, who GFI'd into the other end zone for 3-1.

That's what we call 'one-turn'.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 11:44:38 AM by eldaec »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #76 on: February 23, 2013, 11:38:16 AM

Hey hey, don't forget why the ball was near him, the ball had gotten thrown back onto the pitch near my berserker, who launched a perfect pass to my runner, Stump Junkman, standing in the end zone ... who dropped the ball.  Heartbreak

This is why I like Lump Beefbroth better than you, Stump. Well OK, that and the +1 str.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 11:39:59 AM by Sjofn »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #77 on: February 23, 2013, 11:41:27 AM

Two days to go and still three matches left to play. Remember that when the deadline comes around any unplayed matches will be given as draws unless you have a definite date set and it's not too far into the future.

Celer v Carnifex
Ulysees v Megrim
Haemish v Avaia.

Get those games sorted gents.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #78 on: February 23, 2013, 11:45:42 AM

Turn 15 we were 2-1 up, but Sjofn's men were holding one square from the rat end zone, almost certain to make it 2-2.

So naturally Neville the Nose got up from a prone position in the centre of a cage, using dauntless knocked over the Norse ball carrier who was one square from the endzone - picked up the ball under 3 tacklezones, triple dodged out, passed half way up the pitch to a waiting rat, who GFI'd into the other end zone for 3-1.

That's what we call 'one-turn'.
ACK!

I don't think even I've managed to pull something like that off with my elf bullshit team!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #79 on: February 23, 2013, 11:54:42 AM

The waiting rat had a Norse dude standing next to him too.  Heartbreak

So see? It was a CHEAP 3-1.  Ohhhhh, I see.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: February 23, 2013, 12:21:45 PM

Bah, at least you got your werewolf to hit something.  Between every skink having dodge and every saurus with Block, I'm surprised he made it out of the match in one piece.

Come on lucky MVP  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: February 23, 2013, 01:27:36 PM

Will be on steam for the next couple of hours and can play in the early morning or evening tomorrow so hopefully me and Megrim can catch each other.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: February 23, 2013, 01:57:23 PM

Pretty sure you can't blitz and pass with one player in a urn...

/conspiracy
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: February 23, 2013, 02:07:01 PM

I reviewed the tape - the full sequence was more complex.

Sjofn was caged on the line. Blind Eddie selflessly dives in but even he can't make the -5 dodge, falls to the ground. Next turn, he blitzes the ball to the ground, it falls loose in the end zone, Eddie dives on it, but falls, knocking the ball out of play. The crowd throw the ball back on near a norse dude about half way back up the pitch, he can't quite make the end zone on turn 16 so he picks up and throws to norseman standing in the endzone. Perfect launch. Failed catch. Ball is on the ground in 3 norse tacklezones, Eddie snatches it up, dodges out, long bomb throw upfield to a linerat, who catches, dodges, gfis. 3-1.

I probably still got some of that wrong. It was awesome is what I am saying.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:10:01 PM by eldaec »

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: February 23, 2013, 04:16:57 PM

The Minizilla's 2 - Insatiable 0

In a game that proves luck can win over skill if it could go wrong for Megrim in this match it did. And not only at the crucial times which I am sure made it a more frustrating experience than it had to be. I lost the toss and Megrim elected to receive the kick off. On my first turn I managed to injure a vampire though it passed it's regen roll to stay on the field but Xhooqs had a whale of time tihs match injuring 3 or 4 and KO'ing about the same number while all my other Saurus' tended to just stand around with their thumbs up their arses for some reason.

Megrim didn't bother with a solid cage on his drive in the first half and I managed to have it bogged down by turn 3 and a saurus was marking his ball carrier, he had however worked a vampire into my backfield and things looked promising for him when he made his dodge and threw an accurate pass and I had no one in direct blitz range and had to make a number of GFI rolls to get a couple of skinks in cover range in case the GFI's required blitz failed. Luckily for me the blitz didn't fail and I had an added bonus of a nice bounce giving a skink the ball so I wouldn't have to pray to the lizard gods for no crappy pickup luck on the next turn. Megrims push to backfield had to work otherwise he was out of position to cover me if he couldn't retake the ball straight away and this proved to be what happened as he couldn't knock down the carrier and I raced him upfield then held off the depleted Vampire team for a couple of turns before a turn 8 score to go into the second half minus 2 skinks but having taken out 7 of Megrims players, though enough recovered from KO's or regens to allow Megrim to field 11 players for the kickoff into the second half.

And the second half carried on much like the first. If Megrim had any luck it was only bad and that started with his kick off going out of bounds allowing me to hand off to a Saurus. I was going to go for a standard grind but Hypnotic gaze had me worried so I tried my sideline cage which got bogged down quickly then began the bad luck as failed dodges and block burned through Megrims re-rolls and within 4 turns all re-rolls were burned and though I had some issues with letting my skink carrier get sacked and then having to retrieve the ball and then failing the hand off and pick up twice, things that normally cost a lizardman team to concede touchdowns Megrim never got close because he either failed dodges or blocks, whatever he needed to work just refused to, even to the point where he killed one of my Saurus' who I apocced to BH thank god and on the next move he fails a GFI which comes up dead for his Vampire! Luckily he passed his regen roll otherwise I would have feared for Megrims hardware.

Apologies for Nuffle loving me so much tonight Megrim, tbh thats not the most fun way to win a match when you watch your opponents luck just shit all over them but it's happened to me a few times as well so you just have to grin through it and make sure you murder your next opponent so beware the Insatiable backlash!

Match submitted.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:49:21 PM by Ulysees »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #85 on: February 24, 2013, 01:04:52 AM

Bah, at least you got your werewolf to hit something.  Between every skink having dodge and every saurus with Block, I'm surprised he made it out of the match in one piece.

Come on lucky MVP  why so serious?

If history is any indication, now that my shitty werewolf went up a level, he will die on turn two of my next match. And that death will reroll into a death or a -1 str injury.

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: February 24, 2013, 03:57:10 AM

Pretty sure you can't blitz and pass with one player in a urn...

/conspiracy
Quite -- there's not enough room!
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: February 24, 2013, 12:23:13 PM

The Chemical Elvers have upset Carnifex Cripplers 3-1, in a pretty standard display of Elf BS.  Keys to the game included Carnifex's skinks not having Diving Tackle set to "ask", and a timely Blitz! event that allowed the elves to receive their own kickoff.

The Elvers chose to kick it off right away and failed to capitalize on a failed skink pickup that pushed the ball out of bounds.  The rust definitely showed on the elves, as they didn't get into position before attempting to steal the ball, ended up burning a reroll on a GFI and then failed the pickup.  The lizards then recovered and assumed control of the field, scoring around Turn 5.  After the kickoff, the elves sent catchers downfield but botched a dodge before they could pick up the ball, and were immediately surrounded by saurusesuses.  A UI bug burned Carnifex though, as a skink did a Diving Tackle onto the body of another skink, which caused them to be unable to moved in the next turn.  This meant there weren't enough bodies to cover the catchers, and the Elvers managed to keep the ball safe long enough to get it into the endzone for the turn 8 equalizer.

It seemed as if the lizards were going to recover in the second half, when a vile +ST/+AG skink made 2 GFIs, Blocked down the elf kickoff receiver, and picked up the ball, all in one action.  He was repaid for his efforts with a BH injury, and that was the end of lizard momentum.  When the Krox proceeded to fail a 2+ dodge, fail his Loner, and KO himself, the elves had the upper hand.  They danced around for a turn and narrowly avoided trouble before throwing a nice little pass to take a 2-1 lead.  The lizards had plenty of time to respond, but a Blitz! kickoff event allowed an elf to squirt past the line and catch the ball cleanly.  The hero elf somehow remained on his feet through the ensuing assault, and his teammates used a chain push to pop him out of the scrum and let him score the third and final TD of the game.

I was VERY rusty to start this game and made a ton of mistakes, but the injury dice were kind and once the Krox knocked himself out I knew I had a decent shot.  I feel bad about the first TD being aided by the UI, but I feel great that my position adjustments before the Blitz! event (getting +ST elf and some Guard on one side to make the hole, and getting a blodger on that side to get under the ball) were the right moves to seal the game for me.  Watch out 40k, elves are coming!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: February 25, 2013, 07:15:41 AM

Haemish and I are playing tonight after a week of misses.  We are the Monday Night game!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #89 on: February 25, 2013, 07:19:06 AM

Awesome work everyone. If Haemish v Avaia goes ahead as planned then we'll finish the day on schedule.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #90 on: February 25, 2013, 05:50:09 PM

Blood Bowl, why are you refusing to actually start up for meeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I hit "play" from the Steam Library and it just sits at PREPARING TO LAUNCH forever.  Heartbreak

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #91 on: February 25, 2013, 07:28:23 PM

Zellar Dwellarz 1 - Bleating 1

What a slog fest. It started off fantastically as Bleating's Beast of Nurgle was KILLED by a rock thrown from the crowd on the first fucking kick. Then it went mostly wrong for the Skaven most of the match until well into the second half. Nurgle slowly advanced, plowing down rat after rat at will until they scored on their 7th turn. It took an assload of stop and starts from the rats to score as somehow they couldn't complete one goddamn pass even when not in the disturbing presence of the Nurgle Warriors. I began to despair when a blitz from the Rat Ogre freed up the ball from one of those Nurgle warriors for a gutter runner to pick it up, make a dodge and toss the ball into a gutter runner who had been waiting in the endzone for three turns for ANYONE to be able to make a pass to him. With only 3 turns left, Nurgle couldn't hope to score unless I fucked up the kick and I did not. The kick landed in his own end zone and a few turns of skull skull blocks by both of us saw the game over with a draw.

5 casualties on the rat's side with at least 2 or 3 set to miss the next game (2 GR's I think) and the only loss on the Nurgle side being that Beast of Nurgle.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: February 25, 2013, 07:36:05 PM

Well, shit.  Game started off horribly as mentioned, and I braced for the worst.   Heartbreak

After the rats kept falling, things were looking up for me.  I had a chance to go up 2-0 at one point but couldn't get away from the freaksih +ST, ball stripping GR.  I kept injurying at KOing the bastards, but they always found a way to wake up.  I guess I will be happy with the tie.

Now I have to decide if I want to replace the beast or not, guess it depends on how many rat matches come up soon.   Heartbreak Heartbreak Heartbreak

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #93 on: February 25, 2013, 07:57:08 PM

Beasts of Nurgle are awesome.  One of the only big guys I like.  Tough luck on the rock throw, I've lost some good players that way...

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #94 on: February 25, 2013, 08:00:24 PM

I lost my Beast of nurgle on the first match as Nurgle - Dead to rock thrown on kick off.
Rage quit. Team deleted.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: February 25, 2013, 08:06:27 PM

+1

Use the inducements from your lowered TV to stock up on bribes, and just stomp someone every turn.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #96 on: February 25, 2013, 09:59:42 PM

Beast of Nurgle was KILLED by a rock thrown from the crowd

Crowd of Frenchmen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh98Kscctw4

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: February 25, 2013, 10:44:17 PM

Whew.  Let me be the first to say... Woo Hoo!  The Beast is dead!

No hard feelings, but my rats were /not/ looking forward to facing a Block Beast of Nurgle. ;-)

Boss! Boss! See, the DwellerZ Fan Disguise plan paid off! Snk, Snk, Told you I could hit Em!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:25:59 AM by Jasper »
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #98 on: February 26, 2013, 03:41:01 AM

Day 1 is over, and day 2 has begun. Thanks for keeping it on schedule folks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 1 - Let's Gooooooo!  
Jump to: