Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:54:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: So...anyone still playing? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So...anyone still playing?  (Read 61042 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: February 06, 2013, 02:46:32 PM

(insert Slowmo meme here)

But seriously, I'm having more fun with this than I did with GW2.  Anyone still out there?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:14:57 PM

(insert Slowmo meme here)

But seriously, I'm having more fun with this than I did with GW2.  Anyone still out there?

I am, Luckton but I've been a bit busy and am on the other side of the World so timezones don't match.

Most of my time is taken up doing endgame stuff but happy to chat or help out if needed! I think you've already added me to your friend's list
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 07:44:53 PM

I'm logging in a cpl times a week, just started Transylvania and have ran a few dungeons now.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 07:53:46 PM

Still playing. Trying for Panoptic Core.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 10:37:40 PM

Still playing. Trying for Panoptic Core.

I'm just focused on getting outfits but that's my long term goal as well Surly
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 11:33:08 PM

Just started Transylvania. Still there, but not every night.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 07:49:41 AM

Periodically. Started a new character so I'm only at Savage Coast.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 09:12:59 AM

I still play but usually during the day EST.  I'm sure my brain will adjust to this time zone as soon as I move to another.  Oh well.  I also started a new char which is finishing up Blue Mountain.  I never see anyone chatting in f13 regardless of when I'm playing though.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 10:16:27 AM

I'm still dinking around with it but I got a bunch of new games to play.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 01:43:16 PM

I stopped playing when  NDA and they  NDA so I could no longer  NDASad Panda

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 06:56:15 AM

I hop in every now and then. I love the setting and the stories, although I haven't really gotten far to be honest, because combat; I just don't care for it at all.

I also think this would have made one kick ass single player game with an online component instead of an MMO. That way when you're running through Kingsmouth, for instance, you can actually see progress from your work. While that's typical in MMOs, something about this game just makes me think that visual feedback is necessary. Skirting around the same pack of zombies gets old quick and takes away from the immersion. And this game could have incredible immersion if it weren't for the standard MMO stuff. Hell if it had been set up that way instead, I could have gotten past the combat.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 07:05:22 AM

They could probably make a lot of money if they simplified all the systems and resold it as a single player console game.  You could go online to do dungeons.  They would have to make the plot lines between Kingsmouth/Egypt/Transylvania tie in together and have a definitive ending though.

All they need is a slapped on cover system with tons of crates everywhere to hide behind!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 10:16:55 AM

I stopped playing when NDA and they NDA so I could no longer NDASad Panda
Awww. sad

That's mean.  You should get to keep it after a certain amount of time.  Though guess you can't give us details or opinions.  Stupid NDAs keeping us from learning all the juicy tidbits.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 10:31:27 AM

Oh, I still have my account. I think. Different issue :) Ignore me :P

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 11:21:05 AM

I was playing pretty heavily until about a couple weeks ago that i started playing age of wushu and haven't logged in since.

I am the .00000001428%
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 12:26:28 PM

Oh, I still have my account. I think. Different issue :) Ignore me :P
Oh, I get it.  That's a valid reason, too.  Still "awww".

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 07:14:18 AM

I picked this up for 10 bucks around the holidays and just started checking it out recently. Haven't really played enough to get myself out of the starting area yet. If I can find the time this weekend I intend to give it an honest effort playing around with some different skill sets, as nothing has really grabbed me right out of the gate for combat skills. I am finding the atmosphere and cut-scenes pretty neat.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 08:52:56 AM

I started with blades and ar then swapped ar for fists because the blades/fists deck is very survivable for all of New England. It requires a couple of tweaks, but is good. Most of those tweaks are earned on the way to blades/ar deck (slayer).

I am now working on Gunslinger (pistol/elemental) for the outfit. I would imagine that I will have it filled about halfway through Transylvania. I may go for the "fill the whole damn wheel" one at some point.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 02:56:43 AM

I am not because
1) its requires  sub  to even log in back
2) I have done everything in it (every quest and every dungeon achievement)

But I keep  thinking about TSW and how this was probably one of the best games I ever played
- Rich and detailed environment
- Memorable characters , stories  and plot arcs
- dynamic and fluid combat in dungeons , with  challenging nightmare mode which was fun to beat  (unlike others MMOs where its just grind for drops)

Really great game which sadly didnt succeed :(  .Reminds me of fallen earth - which was also good game (albeit not anywhere as good as TSW) no one knows about
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 04:55:49 AM

You don't need a sub anymore.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 12:02:29 PM

I should really try this now that it's F2P.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 12:59:36 AM

I tried to get into the game but it was during the zombie madness or whatever and I ebded up shelving it. I went back to GW2 but keep wondering whether I should give TSW another shot. It's not that the game is bad, I liked the feel but the questing didn't feel fluid and that damn wheel - I think I prefer the PoE tree.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 05:30:03 PM

I should really try this now that it's F2P.

It's B2P. So if you have to box, no probs, otherwise look for it on sale somewhere.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 09:05:32 AM

Evidently if you do subscribe, you get free cash store money every month and a free gift.  This months gift was some sort of Egyptian headdress, you know the cat one who's name I can't remember right now.  Dammit.  So now there's a bunch of people running about wearing an Egyptian cat who's name I can't remember headdress.  It's amusing!  I may not know what the hell I'm talking about, btw.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 09:11:33 AM

Probably Bastet since she's the one people are usually referring to when they talk about cat goddesses, though Sekhmet had the head of a lioness too.

Over and out.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 01:45:45 PM

Anubis. The head is a jackal.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 04:56:35 PM

I still log in and check the f13 chat channel, but my playtimes during the week are during the US day and weekends aren't regular
Genev
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 02:56:19 AM

I'm playing a bit again now, doing the issue quests atm (Tyler Freeborn one is amazing, pity abut the singing stones one being bugged though)
Not sure what to do afterwards, i'll have to look for a dungeon group which takes newbies i guess. Even though i have half-decent gear, i barely remember what the dungeon bosses were like when i played, let alone know what the new ones are like
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 10:59:02 AM

I haven't done any dungeons either or killed any rare spawns.  I might at some point.  It's still good so far without those things, although I'd like to get better goodies.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 02:28:35 PM

As I just started I have much to do.  I Scoured Kingsmouth and about to do the same to the Savage Coast.  I like there are no "real" levels.  I feel no need to rush to that goal and I can take my time enjoying the side stories.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 03:10:11 PM

As always, if anyone needs gear, drop me a line. I can make lots of shit as I've got of ton of raw materials left over from farming Mayans.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 04:10:14 PM

You don't need a sub anymore.

Is your avatard Ninja?   Heart

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 08:47:12 PM

Yes, that's the dork from Der Antwoord.

Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 03:06:30 AM

Yea, the shorts are what made me pick that particular image of him.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013, 07:29:15 AM

It's Die not Der.  Der Helm, Die Antwoord.  I  Heart Ninja.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: So...anyone still playing?  
Jump to: