Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:54:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Camelot Unchained 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Camelot Unchained  (Read 186987 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #630 on: January 03, 2016, 11:29:44 AM

Graphics mean almost nothing to me in a pvp game.  If the mechanics suck, which they probably will, then I'll ridicule the hell out of this game.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #631 on: January 03, 2016, 11:41:04 AM

The level of graphics in comparison to how long they've worked on the game, however, is a good indication of how skilled and well run this team is.

Given data is not promising.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #632 on: January 03, 2016, 02:21:11 PM

Also, 25 fps is not good performance.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #633 on: January 03, 2016, 02:48:41 PM

If you REALLY want to lie to yourself about it, here's how.

"Artists are expensive, so of course the models look like shit. Why hire-on a full-time model builder and do all this fancy artwork before the game is funded. They're testing the collision, animation skeleton, and projectile animations. All the other fancy shit can be layered on afterwards when they have the funds and time to polish it up. Otherwise you're just paying a modeler to sit on their hands while you tweak the rest of the game!"

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #634 on: January 03, 2016, 02:52:36 PM

Also, 25 fps is not good performance.

Also, I think those are all bots, not real players.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #635 on: January 16, 2016, 06:15:52 PM

It has some good moments, but they really needed to edit it down to about 10 minutes worth of the good stuff, with scripted commentary explaining what was going on and where the current build falls short of the target, instead of Let's Play livestream style ad-libbing. And that first two-three minutes should never have been seen by anyone outside of the team, never mind being the very first thing that random people would see.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Camelot Unchained  
Jump to: