Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:12:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Patch: 1/28/13 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch: 1/28/13  (Read 55335 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: February 08, 2013, 10:12:48 AM

It really depends which one clicks for you.  They're all very different from one another.

Mesmer starts out slow, but mine's become my favorite.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: February 08, 2013, 10:28:50 AM

I've got a necro at 80 that I really enjoy.  My first character was a Mesmer that I hit 52ish with.  It started to wear on me a bit because of the combat style, but I look back and it seems I might of enjoyed sticking with it.  THen I got an engi to 72 before I gave up because it became annoying.  Too many buttons: a simple rotation was ground target - toggle - ability ability -toggle - ability - toggle - ability.  Meh.

Necromancer just needs the F1 key and that makes me happy.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: February 09, 2013, 06:22:25 PM

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: February 11, 2013, 06:46:28 AM

I started with a Necro, made an Ele and a Mesmer, but then I got my Elementalist to 80 first. I keep thinking she's not my main, but I keep finding fun things to do on her, so I think she is my main. (Leveled in pve with D/D but run with a staff in wvw with a sort of bunker build - 0/0/20/30/20, I think).

Gates of Madness wvw is fun (for me). No queues that I have seen. We get stomped by Darkhaven, who has twice our numbers, and for the past 3 weeks, Darkhaven and Henge of Denravi have both focused on our borderlands on reset day. We have ended up in 2nd each week, I think. Darkhaven has more players but they are not very skilled for the most part. HoD has a few skilled players, and about the same population, it seems.

There will be no wvw reset of the rankings. It wasn't just put off, it was cancelled.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #74 on: February 11, 2013, 10:01:58 AM

I recently started playing this on and off again to take the edge off my Planetside playing. I really have to pick a character to concentrate on, but I am finding the story arcs with the 3 groups interesting. I say this as I have only just now completed each on with my Guard (Vigil), Necro (Priory), and War (Whispers). Never thought I'd like the Priory, but it seems the most interesting.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: February 11, 2013, 03:20:54 PM

The patch did some good things.  I like the new dailies, it's varied and a bit easier to do.  The monthly also is easier to accomplish, but they still tie it to doing a dungeon.  Sorry, I really like GW2, but their dungeons suuuuuck to me.

I did complete the big event in Orr where you follow Malchor and defeat the corrupted statue of Dwayna.  It was a bit overkill (oh hai 1-shotting!), but I plinked away with my short bow and we downed it.  I got three greens, one of which was a very minor upgrade and the other two were unusable.  Big frickin' deal.  I would rather a single yellow had dropped.  The loot in this game is just so lame.  I understand it's based on appearance, not stats, but I have never gotten a drop where I got that 'wooo!' thrill.

Still, they are doing a decent job updating the game and it still really scratches my combat and exploration itches.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: February 12, 2013, 09:41:56 AM

Never thought I'd like the Priory, but it seems the most interesting.
Sieran is awesome. Heart

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #77 on: February 12, 2013, 12:18:08 PM

Never thought I'd like the Priory, but it seems the most interesting.
Sieran is awesome. Heart

She is the least annoying... but still a little on the grating side. Not nearly as much as Tibby or Masterchief though.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Patch: 1/28/13  
Jump to: