Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:27:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.  (Read 4916 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: January 18, 2013, 05:08:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9246msCh7x4

Looks... well, like every other movie in this setting (Brothers Grimm, Van Helsing...etc.)

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 01:15:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9246msCh7x4

Looks... well, like every other movie in this setting (Brothers Grimm, Van Helsing...etc.)

I honestly don't see how this won't be a terrible movie. It'll be fun to watch on cable or netflix but I won't pay theater prices for it.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 01:25:04 AM

Can someone explain why Jeremy Renner is in every movie now? The guy can barely act at all.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 02:05:41 AM

I would assume it's cause Directors/Casting Directors liked his performance in The Hurt Locker and he was cheap, relatively speaking.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 02:45:44 AM

Can someone explain why Jeremy Renner is in every movie now? The guy can barely act at all.

Every once in awhile it seems that Hollywood will 'test' an actor or actress to see if they will fit into a mold that has some gaps in it. Right now it seems we're short on young-ish action stars so I think they're seeing if he'll work out to fill that need.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 09:03:26 AM

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 11:36:20 AM

I was disappointed that it appears that they keep killing off some really good lookin girls simply for waving a stick over a pot.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 06:58:22 AM

It's tough to live up to such dramatic powerhouses like Arnie, Stallone, or anyone who's been in an Expendables movie, but it gives him something to aim for.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 02:51:10 AM

Ever seen Dolph Lungren in Macbeth?

Hic sunt dracones.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 02:34:47 AM

It's tough to live up to such dramatic powerhouses like Arnie, Stallone, or anyone who's been in an Expendables movie, but it gives him something to aim for.

I would take those guys over Renner. He was the host of SNL recently, which is a pretty good test of who has it and who doesn't, and he was terrible.

He worked in The Hurt Locker because he was supposed to be an emotionally dead slab. Unfortunately that's him in every movie. At least Arnie has some charisma.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 01:09:01 PM

It took a long time for Arnold to get there though. Rewatch Commando or Red Heat. smiley

On Renner, I always consider him the B-movie Nathan Fillion, though seems fine in can't-afford-Matt-Damon action stuff too.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 01:49:38 PM

Hawkeye, basically.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 11:51:01 AM

I saw this because nothing else was playing at a convenient time.  It was about as good as you'd expect.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 01:52:04 PM

So, marginally more terrible than Van Helsing?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Hammond
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 03:31:25 PM

The 3d version was .. interesting. They only had the 3d version playing after 5 at the theater I went to. I didn't feel like I wasted money on it like I did when I watched Dragon Wars. (still possibly the worst movie I have watched in the theater.)

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 07:28:55 PM

That reminds me of a question I had earlier. Time for Useless Conversations.

On topic, I saw the trailer for this and that was all I ever will need to see. This is talentless business decision making at its finest.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 08:11:04 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if this was greenlit during that short window when "dark fairy tales" i.e. the Snow White movie things last year were seen to be "hot".

Ubvman
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 02:39:07 AM

So, marginally more terrible than Van Helsing?

No, it's actually much better than Van Helsing. I like Gemma Arterton - she is the "go to gal" for fantasy action female lead now. Well at least for me, but then I found Van Helsing abysmally bad. Kate Beckinsale with a hilariously bad accent couldn't save it for me.
In Van Helsing, Frankenstein's monster:
SHOUTED ALL THE TIME, EVEN DURING ROUTINE EXPOSITIONS. THROUGHOUT ALL THE SCENES HE WAS IN, DID I MENTION HE SHOUTED ALL THE TIME?? YES I DID, DIDN'T I. YOU SAY HE SHOUTED A LOT AT EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE FLOWERS? YES, HE SHOUTED AT EVERYTHING INCLUDING FLOWERS, RANDOM BITS OF FURNITURE AND ROPES. YOU DON'T SAY.. YES, I SAY SO. IT WAS VERY ANNOYING!  
DRILLING AND MANLINESS  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS  why so serious?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:42:31 AM by Ubvman »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 07:16:47 PM

Did you say something about Frankenstien's Monster there? I couldn't hear you.

Hic sunt dracones.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 09:52:54 PM

So apparently, after the credits, Samuel L. Jackson shows up and revokes Renner's Avengers membership...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 12:25:00 AM

my friend is trying to convince me to make an hour and a half trip to watch this in 3d.
 why so serious?

what else r they playing there?
'parental guidance'

in 3d?
'hell no.'

ah, then i'm not going.
'fuck you!'

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.  
Jump to: