Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:34:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Wintersday - Dec 14th to Jan 3rd 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wintersday - Dec 14th to Jan 3rd  (Read 14638 times)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

on: December 11, 2012, 08:30:46 AM

Official link https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-2012/

* New Wintersday Items in the Gem Store: With festive town clothes, wintery weapon skins, and chests full of holiday treasures, The Black Lion Trading Company has everything you need to celebrate Wintersday! Check out the new items and much more in the Gem Store today!
* Winter Wonderland: It’ll take more than a good pair of snow boots to get you through this Wintersday’s jumping puzzle. Speak to the Festive Youth near the snow globe in Lion’s Arch to test your luck—and your balance.
* Snowball Mayhem: If you’ve got holiday spirit and a good throwing arm, visit the Festive Lionguard near the Lion’s Arch snow globe to try out the new snowball fight PvP activity!
* Bell Choir: Ring in the season with this new musical activity inside the Lion’s Arch snow globe, accessed through the Bell Maestro. It doesn’t matter if you have rhythm—Wintersday is all about harmony.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IYJYssUoxI8#!

Looks like the jumping puzzle at the 0:43 mark and that's what I'm most interested in. I loved the Clock Tower and I'm curious what they have next.

I have a few Black Lion Chests and keys banked just in case they do the same thing they did with the Halloween event, but it looks like they're going to skip the RNG and just put everything up for sale.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 11:39:07 AM

So it's a SERIES of one day only events? FFS, ANet.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 11:56:44 AM

So it's a SERIES of one day only events? FFS, ANet.

ColinJohanson
If you miss any of the days in a specific city, you can re-play that days event all over again once Tixx arrives in Lion’s Arch. He will let you do this the entire time he is in Lion’s Arch, from his arrival there until the Wintersday event comes to an end.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 11:58:21 AM

Ah, nice. They're learning.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 03:14:49 PM

So far nada.  Wasn't this happening today?

I am the .00000001428%
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 03:43:37 PM

Someone said the snowball fights were starting today but that the big kickoff was tomorrow?
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 03:55:17 PM

Help. I can't seem to be arsed to log in. For like two weeks. Thanksgiving and then Dishonored musta done me in for good. Man I was so into this until then too.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 04:09:07 PM

I was very happy with the halloween event, but the karka crap and extra gear tier completely killed my desire to play too.  Even the wvwvw just feels like one of those pointless weeklong AV matches from WoW.  I wanted to do the jump puzzle though.

I am the .00000001428%
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 06:49:04 PM

Serves getting hammered and its taking awhile to patch.

Why would they launch an update on Friday night?  I was online, doing my thing, when I got the 3 minute warning.  Was like "Wut, it FRIDAY, must be a hot fix!"

Nope, major patch and millions trying to get in. 

Amazing.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 12:01:33 AM

Snowball Mayhem is amazing.

e: also, apparently I'm effing terrible at GuitarBell Hero  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:41:38 AM by Zetor »

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 06:00:46 AM

Help. I can't seem to be arsed to log in. For like two weeks. Thanksgiving and then Dishonored musta done me in for good. Man I was so into this until then too.

Nope, that's about right. I am going to check out the Xmas event, but yeah. I have this thing I'm going to write up about it, but not now. Need to get my daughter to swimming practice.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 07:53:08 AM

The jumping puzzle was neat, but extremely simple compared to the Mad King Clock tower.

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 02:52:45 PM

Absolutely loved the jumping puzzle, and have done it a few times now. Vastly prefer it over the normal puzzles because its timed, which allows you to get into a real rhythm jumping rather than rely on pixel perfect jumps and agonising inching forward.

All in all best holiday content I've seen in an MMO.
sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 03:02:28 PM

I fucking rock some Bell Hero.  >570 typically.  The jumping puzzle took me forever because I get spazzy, but finally got it.  I love the dungeon as well and some nice rewards:

OMFG BABY QUAGGAN MINI YES.

Also, I now have a sparkly princess wand.  My wife will be jealous her warrior cannot use wands. 
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 03:41:26 PM

I got as far as the rolling snowballs in the jumping puzzle, once i got to where they spawn i didn't know where to go.

I am the .00000001428%
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 03:50:09 PM

there's a huge arrow telling u where to go sir.
opening cinematic shows a gaping open box as your goal.
if you look at the side of the path, there's a candy platform to take cover from the boulders.
watch out for frozen aoes and you'll be fine.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 10:58:43 PM

Objection! aka the trial of Tixx vs. the world. Brought to you by Tarnished Coast, of course.  why so serious?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:03:09 PM by Zetor »

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 06:19:04 AM

Hah!

Those Princess Dolls really are little brats.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 08:10:02 AM

Well it took them a few months, but they're finally doing an event without any big flaws.  This one is unreservedly good and offers opportunities for lots of peoples' playstyles.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Wintersday - Dec 14th to Jan 3rd  
Jump to: