Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:49:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.6 launches 11th december 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.6 launches 11th december  (Read 35289 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: December 10, 2012, 01:51:49 AM

A thread. Because at the moment we're just posting in randomly selected prior threads.

- EA in "sticking to patch schedule" shocker.
- New warzone.
- New space missions lol.
- Ugly suit for all at level 50.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 02:52:24 AM

I can't believe how fast they've pushed this one out.  Glad to see them sticking to a schedule and new content but I bet it's going to be buggy.  Not really a lot for me, yet, in this patch.  I haven't gotten my space combat skills and gear up enough yet.  I got distracted leveling my smuggler.  The warzone doesn't interest me but glad pvp'ers have a new map.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 06:46:28 AM

They said the next one might be a few weeks late due to Xmas vacations.  This gives me some hope that the Super Sekret Space Project is actually on track though.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 06:55:31 AM

For me the best changes are the free tionese suit as well as moving WH gear to commendations. These help a LOT in reducing the gear gap both in pve and pvp (though pvp with the mk1 recruit gear will likely suck ass until I get enough comms for WH gear, it's still a huge improvement).

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 07:04:13 AM

The problem with giving everyone tionese is that I'm not sure I can bear to put anything except helm (hidden) gloves and boots on a character.

Those chests and legs.......

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 07:05:10 AM

I don't think it can be worse than the Clownsuit Armor my trooper was wearing while leveling. At least the "let's see how many country flags I can emulate by putting on different pieces" minigame was amusing.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 07:35:24 AM

I do have to say, for an IP that is all about iconic looks, they really DON'T GET that people want to choose their iconic look.

But I've been pretty vocal about appearance slots since forever.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 07:51:36 AM

I do have to say, for an IP that is all about iconic looks, they really DON'T GET that people want to choose their iconic look.

But I've been pretty vocal about appearance slots since forever.

The game has a fully working appearance system as of now.  The only hold back was PvP set bonuses were hard to get.  1.6 solves that.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 07:59:43 AM

The game has a fully working appearance system as of now.  The only hold back was PvP set bonuses were hard to get.  1.6 solves that.

Is this true?  I thought that wearing low level orange gear limited the level of augment that you could apply.  This means wearing lowbie gear for looks will kill your stats in pvp.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 08:43:07 AM

Orange gear != appearance slot.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 08:56:28 AM

I played this last week and didn't notice appearance slots.  Are these being added or am I too stupid to notice them?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 09:30:32 AM

There are no appearance slots.

But it is much closer to the vision of everything moddable that was advertised prelaunch. They also have the unify colours to chest button to solve the clown suit thing.

Appearance slots would be better, as the current system involves a lot of faff to change your outfit.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 09:39:09 AM

I'm confused.  Sky says orange gear isn't appearance.  I want to use orange gear for my appearance, but then I pay the price in augment levels.  HELP!

-  Mark Twain
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 10:22:07 AM

The game has a fully working appearance system as of now.  The only hold back was PvP set bonuses were hard to get.  1.6 solves that.

Is this true?  I thought that wearing low level orange gear limited the level of augment that you could apply.  This means wearing lowbie gear for looks will kill your stats in pvp.

War Hero gear, like Campaign gear PvE-side, ties the set bonuses to the Armorings in the armor, rather than the actual armor piece itself, letting you wear whatever while getting the set bonuses.

The only bad thing is that with the current Battlemaster set going away, a few PvE classes are losing their best PvE set bonuses. Operatives ideally run with the two-piece PvP bonus and the two-piece PvE bonus, while tanking Juggernauts get more benefit out of the PvP Vindicator's set bonuses than the PvE tank gear's.

WTB a new set of PvE gear with new set bonuses please.

Also you can put any level of augment slot into any armor piece.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:40:49 AM by koro »
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 10:42:15 AM

I'm confused.  Sky says orange gear isn't appearance.  I want to use orange gear for my appearance, but then I pay the price in augment levels.  HELP!

I think what he means is that we should have a separate appearance slot to change appearance. For example my n00b commando has regular looking pants instead of trooper looking pants, which (combined with the fact I keep grouping with asshats who "need" for companion gear in FP) annoys me to no end.

I'd much prefer (as I guess Sky is suggesting) that I get new armor with or without changing my look, and can change my character's appearance at will without having to get new gear.

As an example, my sniper's current appearance is the same as an Imperial officers. This is fine when I'm in the fleet or if I was in convo with Keeper. Out in the field though, I'd like to be in all black or something low key.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 10:53:48 AM

You can move the stats from most pieces of gear into other pieces using the mod system. So if you have an ugly l40 item, you can take out the armour mod and put it in your cool item from whatever level. The cool item is then a l40 item.

It costs some credits and a couple of minutes to do.

There are still many pieces you can't do this with in the early game. Particularly annoyingly you can't do it with the first couple of tiers of post 50 gear if you want the bonus for a full set (though you can do it with later tiers).

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 10:57:43 AM

Sky is talking about a slot where you just put in a piece of gear and it overrides whatever your wearing.  Orange gear is sufficient.  It also feels like real gear this way.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 11:05:31 AM

I'm confused.  Sky says orange gear isn't appearance.  I want to use orange gear for my appearance, but then I pay the price in augment levels.  HELP!

No. You can apply an mk-6 aug kit to anything you want. The only 'problem' with aug slots is that the native ones you get from a crit crafted piece of gear match the gear's original level. You can still overwrite that with a higher level aug kit.

The only particularly noticeable issue there is with gear appareance/mod stuff, IMO, is they never made the first couple tiers of PVE gear have removable set bonus/armorings, so you get stuck with looking like a Tionese/Columi gear person until you start raiding (or decide you don't give a shit about the set bonus).

Basically you can look like almost anything you want at 50. There's a lot less control over your looks as you're leveling up, YMMV if you think that particularly matters at all.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:08:47 AM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 11:23:22 AM

Orange gear is sufficient. 
Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me.

The game is over at level 50. I have cool stuff that I have to swap for shitty looking stuff because it's blue and I need an upgrade. We've fixed that problem in almost every other game. There's no reason to not implement appearance slots other than ego over their stupid orange system.

It's alright, just another reason to not bother with this game. It's amazing how they can take what is a good game and continue to make people dislike it.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 11:23:30 AM

There's a lot less control over your looks as you're leveling up, YMMV if you think that particularly matters at all.

I haven't really had any trouble with this since they made purples modable again.  Blue armorings/mods are pretty cheap and you can get good enhancements with planetary tokens.

The game is over at level 50. I have cool stuff that I have to swap for shitty looking stuff because it's blue and I need an upgrade.

This isn't a problem because of the purple thing as well.  Every blue/green in the game has a corresponding purple/orange.   If there's a piece you like you can definitely get it as a modable shell.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:27:15 AM by Amaron »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 11:24:29 AM

There's a lot less control over your looks as you're leveling up, YMMV if you think that particularly matters at all.

I haven't really had any trouble with this since they made purples modable again.  Blue armorings/mods are pretty cheap and you can get good enhancements with planetary tokens.

The range of options is far smaller, though. It isn't small enough where I've ever felt like I can't find a good look, but it would also be overstating it to say the range of options is particularly large (though it obviously gets better as you go.)

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 11:32:30 AM

So what's the deal with the new armor? Is it a quest reward or just what everyone gets for being 50?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 11:37:34 AM

Kinda both. You'll get a quest at 50 that rewards you a shitload of tionese commendations, which you can spend on a set of gear. My new 50s will use it, my old 50s have better balanced crafted/daily comm modded stuff so probably I'll give new outfits to Doc and Guss. Not 100% sure, maybe I give a shit about the set bonuses or stripping out the slightly higher mods/enhancements on one of those guys.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 01:05:43 PM

The range of stuff you can wear moddable-wise is smaller leveling up, but it's also a lot more likely to be something someone wants to be part of their iconic look, so I think it's probably a wash. :P

God Save the Horn Players
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 02:00:14 PM

The range of stuff you can wear moddable-wise is smaller leveling up, but it's also a lot more likely to be something someone wants to be part of their iconic look, so I think it's probably a wash. :P

I think this is sort of true, at least for me. For example I don't particularly want anything flashy for my jedi (but dear god, where is my /hood command?  Heartbreak), and as long as my trooper gear looks Havoc-y, I'm cool. But the stuff I liked the most on my IA were not customizable, so I had to give them up as I leveled.

For smuggler and IA though, I'd want tons of looks. It's only cosmetic but it seems in keeping with the classes.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 02:01:19 PM

Kinda both. You'll get a quest at 50 that rewards you a shitload of tionese commendations, which you can spend on a set of gear. My new 50s will use it, my old 50s have better balanced crafted/daily comm modded stuff so probably I'll give new outfits to Doc and Guss. Not 100% sure, maybe I give a shit about the set bonuses or stripping out the slightly higher mods/enhancements on one of those guys.

Do you know if it's soloable or heroic/FP like HK?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 02:08:22 PM

Do you know if it's soloable or heroic/FP like HK?

It's literally 'get quest at fleet box, turn in quest at fleet box', like the free PVP gear one.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 02:46:42 PM

I think this is sort of true, at least for me. For example I don't particularly want anything flashy for my jedi (but dear god, where is my /hood command?  Heartbreak), and as long as my trooper gear looks Havoc-y, I'm cool. But the stuff I liked the most on my IA were not customizable, so I had to give them up as I leveled.

For smuggler and IA though, I'd want tons of looks. It's only cosmetic but it seems in keeping with the classes.

My IA got the hooligan outfit (I don't know why it's called that, it looks like an imperial officer outfit) and wore that pretty much exclusively. Exception was Belsavis, when I swapped him into something less HELO I AM FROM THE EMPIRE looking for IMMERSION PURPOSES.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 03:32:19 PM

You clearly stole that Imp uniform from all the imps you killed. It's the perfect cover!

I really like how my Agent looks and her outfit is really simple. It's the recruit pvp suit, with a helmet swap.

Lokin and Temple wear the same outfits with matching guns too.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 06:14:56 PM

Don't everyone laugh at once but how do you get the free pvp gear?

eta: nvm I got it. Much better stuff than what I was wearing.

Fordel: where'd you get the helm? what's the name of it?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:36:17 PM by Raguel »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 06:47:12 PM

TH-16A Master Medic Headgear. They are pretty common on the auction house.

-edit- The rest of the armor from that 'set' is actually the imperial officer uniform, the fancier version with the extra medals and the little tassel thing.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:04:42 PM by Fordel »

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 09:35:57 AM

So, if I want to do the new set of space missions, I have to either grind out about 2100 fleet comms by doing the old space missions (which will take literally a month) for half of the new ship gear, pay about 1.5 million credits in mats for the other half of the new ship gear, a shitload of daily comms, and some credits. Or I can pay $20 and buy all of the pieces off of the cartel market.

I think I'll choose the third option and not do either.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 10:48:48 AM

Can anyone confirm if the new patch included extra character slots (or the ability to buy more)?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 11:35:21 AM

I am pretty sure that they upped Premium players to 6 slots. I don't think the new slot buying is in yet, but I can't check at the moment.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, 01:18:14 PM

For a guy who thinks the game ends after the class storyline + stuff like HK should I get the free pvp gear for my char and then get the free tionese gear for the companion I use the most?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.6 launches 11th december  
Jump to: