Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:19:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Burn the witch! (Magician attacked in Dominican Republic) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Burn the witch! (Magician attacked in Dominican Republic)  (Read 4750 times)
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

on: November 30, 2012, 02:13:07 AM

Pretty horrifying video of Wayne Houchin, a US street magician being attacked and set on fire - while apparently being "blessed" - by the hosts of TV show while he was being interviewed. Houchin's statement on his Facebook page:

Monday while appearing on a TV show in the Dominican Republic, the TV host took a handful of Aqua De Florida, ignited it and intentionally dropped it on my h
ead, setting me on fire.

I was not aware he was going to do this. This was not a stunt or part of an act - this was a criminal attack.

The fast actions of the rest of our Curiosidades team saved my life. The fire was put out and I was rushed to the emergency room. I have bad burns on my head, face, neck and right hand.

I am in pain, but am recovering. I will update you on the situation when I can.

Video here with due warning that it features a man being set on fire

EDIT: From a statement about the attack by Houchin's production team:

Mr Aridio Castillo and Mr. Domingo Bautista of Super Revista publicly accused our team of practicing voodoo and witchcraft and said that the attack was divine justice for the evil practices of our artistic team.

ACK!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:17:58 AM by DraconianOne »

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 04:21:52 AM

Good.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 10:08:35 AM

I have no idea who this is. But, how is this good?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 12:24:51 PM

The more religious nutbags do crazy obscene shit, the more chance we have of a global fight where we put them to death and send them back to their fucking stupid sky-friend.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 12:39:41 PM

The more religious nutbags do crazy obscene shit, the more chance we have of a global fight where we put them to death and send them back to their fucking stupid sky-fiend.

FIFY

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 12:44:14 PM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 12:48:03 PM

The more religious nutbags do crazy obscene shit, the more chance we have of a global fight where we put them to death and send them back to their fucking stupid sky-friend.

Ladies and gentlemen, we've got one heck of a fight lined up for you tonight!
In this corner, a bunch of crazed fanatic militants with obscenely lethal weapons caches who have decades of field experience fighting guerrilla battles and are willing to die for their cause!
In the other corner, a handful of fat internet nerds!
WHO WILL WIN!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 01:38:43 AM

The Crusades was one bunch of religious nutters against the other.

The September 11th attacks worked out just fine.  They sent one of your guys to the hospital, you sent thousands of theirs to the Morgue.  I ain't clicking on any link that contains Pat Robertson.  That cunt only just admitted that the earth might be a little old.

Bottom line, this guy was INVITED on to a program to get lit on fire.  Someone should be getting shot in the head for that.

Tho it would make some great reality TV.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 10:19:00 AM

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 05:54:49 PM

The September 11th attacks worked out just fine.  They sent one of your guys to the hospital, you sent thousands of theirs to the Morgue. 

Um, what?   You both lost me on that one.  Not sure how a religious terrorist attack that killed nearly 3000 people proves that wiping out the religious extremists who would instigate such an attack won't work, nor how it "worked out just fine" since both innocent and guilty are STILL dying as a consequence of that attack.

Anyway I'm all for some Biblical justice in this case - an eye for an eye. Set the bastard on fire that lured and attacked the "magician" into this assault.  He claims the name of Christ but methinks he failed the basic "what would Jesus do" test.

And I'm cutting you a lot more slack than your actual statement
deserves in assuming that you aren't actually advocating putting to death everyone who believes in a God.  Because while I doubt that is what you meant, what you actually wrote could easily be interpreted to mean you advocate killing a few billion people for their religious beliefs.  Many anti-religious folks DO believe that anyone who believes in a God is a religious nutbag who believes in a stupid sky friend and you did state that all religious nutbags should be killed.  If we're going to kill a few billion people shouldn't we at least base it on some measure of intent (or actual) harm to others?  Which should include those advocating such extremes as well of course since such an act would far exceed anything ever done by any religious nutbag.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 08:21:43 PM

I'm going to have to agree with Ironwood

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 08:23:59 PM

I'm going to have to agree with Ironwood

Kill them all. I'm sure god will sort it out for them.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 08:28:45 PM

Pretty sure I don't want to be killed for my belief in Jesus, thanks. Nor do I wish anybody else harm in following the general guiding principles of my teacher.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 11:04:42 PM

Right, the monkey gets to live for now. Otherwise, Death to all Fanatics!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 11:24:53 PM

There's a reason Ratman linked that picture.  People don't need a reason to kill each other, it's just one excuse that's used frequently.  Eliminate it and the remainder of humanity would be killing each other because one side liked toe shoes while the other thought they were anathema.

Not to mention it's an amusing notion that of killing people whose beliefs you disagree with is justified because they want to kill people who don't agree with their beliefs.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 01:38:24 AM

I don't want to cause any heart attacks by actually being the voice of reason in a thread about well, anything. So instead:

Kill them all. I'm sure god will sort it out for them.

Or not, the real tragedy is that the irony would be completely lost on that particular clump of cells.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 12:34:33 AM

That wasn't funny.  ACK!

We should burn bless these bastards back.

“It was an accident. It was under no circumstance an intentional act,” Barazarte said.

He said that he had performed similar blessings for more than 20 years and that “none of them had ever turned out badly.” He said his hands also were burned during the incident.

By accident, of course.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:37:28 AM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 04:16:49 AM

The fast actions of the rest of our Curiosidades team saved my life. The fire was put out and I was rushed to the emergency room. I have bad burns on my head, face, neck and right hand.

Reported as first and second degree burns mostly on the head and hands, so that's a tad much.

The stuff seems to be mostly alcohol.  Which is a fucking stupid thing to try and burn a person with due to it's low boiling point.  Do these fuckers not get science?

Oh, wait.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 11:47:18 AM

Pretty sure I don't want to be killed for my belief in Jesus, thanks.

Why not? If you actually believe in him you should be eager to die, or at the very least not be afraid to die. People trying to save their own lives, especially when they're crawling over women and children to do it is why I think most people don't believe one bit and just like to wave their jesuspeen to impress other cunty idiots.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 12:24:50 PM

I'm not afraid to die. Doesn't mean I'm begging to be shot in the head for my belief. The whole purpose for a Christian man on this planet is supposed to be reaching out to the hungry, the poor, the oppressed. When you feed the lowliest of your brothers, you do it for him.

That's why I have a hard time with religious zealots. They have turned from helping the oppressed and started becoming the oppressors. Instead of a helping hand, they pick up the stick. The idea of Christians in political power is frankly laughable since Jesus wanted nothing to do with either religious law or regional law. He wanted people to unchain themselves from the sins that were weighing them down. He wanted them to turn away from the stuff that was keeping them from seeing their fellow humans as neighbors instead of competitors.

Some people don't believe. It's easy to spot them. Look to see if they are using their faith as a weapon. If they are, they've missed the point.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 03:27:07 PM

That's why I have a hard time with religious zealots. They have turned from helping the oppressed and started becoming the oppressors. Instead of a helping hand, they pick up the stick. The idea of Christians in political power is frankly laughable since Jesus wanted nothing to do with either religious law or regional law. He wanted people to unchain themselves from the sins that were weighing them down. He wanted them to turn away from the stuff that was keeping them from seeing their fellow humans as neighbors instead of competitors.

And then we nailed his ass to some wood to show him how we do things here on earth.  why so serious?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 09:18:58 PM

I'm not afraid to die. Doesn't mean I'm begging to be shot in the head for my belief. The whole purpose for a Christian man on this planet is supposed to be reaching out to the hungry, the poor, the oppressed. When you feed the lowliest of your brothers, you do it for him.

Some people don't believe. It's easy to spot them. Look to see if they are using their faith as a weapon. If they are, they've missed the point.

I consider everything you wrote to be true. You win this round sir.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 09:41:05 AM

QFT.  I pass a bunch of morons protesting an abortion clinic every Saturday on my way to referee flag football games and always consider stopping and asking what part of Jesus' teachings instructed us with sin to cast stones.

But, they'd misinterpret writings and tell me I'm a fucking idiot.  Or, tell me I'm going to hell.

It just makes me sad as someone who took a friend to a clinic and let her stay with me while she went through a pill abortion.  Man, that was some tough shit.  (Wasn't mine though.)

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Burn the witch! (Magician attacked in Dominican Republic)  
Jump to: