Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:36:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Redknights want your advice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Redknights want your advice  (Read 13499 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 07:43:00 AM

Remember they have stunty, meaning they don't care about the number of tackle zones on a dodge. You need to make them dodge multiple times, not go for a -4 dodge. This, and STR2, translates as 'spread your guys out'.

Playing against a really stupid big guy, try to push/knockdown anyone standing next to him. A few really stupids will hurt.

And ffs blitz the chainsaw dude every turn.

I'd take a wandering apothecary and reroll for inducements. The apoth is usually better than a vanilla merc. You don't need to foul and will probably lose more TV than he will, just keep knocking goblins down.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 07:18:58 PM

Try to keep the trolls isolated from the other gobbos.  See if you can draw one away from the action and then just leave it when Really Stupid hits.

Take the ball if given the chance and score quickly, eat up those bribes/ejections.

I wouldn't waste a wizard on the looney as they are easily taken down.  An exception would be when a high value target is within his reach, of course.  Low AV teams are always a good target for a fireball if they bunch up in 5 or more; it's a crapshoot, but a good chance for an excellent return.

You may not have tackle, but you certainly have block and they don't.  You'll usually have at least two dice going for you, don't sweat it.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013, 09:56:01 PM

Gobbos destroyed. 3-0
6 casualties 2 deaths.
The human supremacy proven above stunted races once more.
My next battle will involve a Vampire team with 5 Rerolls.
He has 3 Vampires and 8 Thralls. One rookie vamp, the other 2 has Block & Dodge.

AV 7 Human Blitzer is now a Rising Star. Mighty Blow, Piling On, Tackle. So proud of his final turn casualty - that notches him 2 SPP for that rank up.
May the fates have mercy on him.

Any advice on beating Vamps? He beat Lizards team 3-0 on the previous match day. Wondering if I should take special precautions or just go all out in injuring his thralls to isolate his vampires.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:10:32 PM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 28, 2013, 11:12:29 PM

Keep knocking down thralls, you want him to be spending most of his turn thinking about bloodlust. Even just marking thralls helps.

Do you have inducements? The chef helps if you can afford it.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #39 on: January 28, 2013, 11:14:32 PM

Man, what is with those player names. Crush him please. :/

With that many thralls and that few vampires, I think my own strategy would be to keep the vamps as locked down as I could. He's not going to run out of thralls very quickly with only 3 vamps having a chance to trigger BL.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 11:16:53 PM

My TV is kinda bloated. At 1660 or so. I may have to trim the squad soon.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 12:02:59 AM

I'd probably cut the av7 lineman (unless he has kick) and one of your throwers. 12 players is enough for an av8 team. Rule of thumb : 13 players in an av 7 squad, 12 players in all other squads.

That said, cutting players is hard and always easier to advise on someone else's team.

If you give him 300k he will buy a chef.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:04:36 AM by eldaec »

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 12:37:36 AM

Ah yes, I see the problem. Yes the AV 7 Blocker must go.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Redknights want your advice  
Jump to: