Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:48:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Season 3 Changes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 3 Changes  (Read 115828 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #175 on: June 07, 2013, 10:52:21 AM

I like Taric, but I haven't played him a lot since his nerfs, but I'm sure he'll do fine while you're leveling.  Good aggressive support.

If you like hooks, get Blitzcrank. All the rest you've listed are good, although I haven't played much Leona.  I mained Soraka for a while, but she's pretty boring. Easy ass lane at low elo/leveling, but your kill potential is pretty low.  You can heal bait like a boss, however.  Alistar also seems to be less shitty nowadays.  He's fun.  His headbutt/pulv seems a lot easier to pull off, or maybe the move has just clicked for me.  I hit like 90% of them the other day.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #176 on: June 07, 2013, 11:16:37 AM

All 3 of those are good. Soraka is a good all-around support that you can't go wrong with. Lux is very fun in that she can easily switch from support/CC/protection bitch to "WAAARGH MELT FACES!" damage-dealer. Taric is kind of boring but extremely effective. I haven't played her enough, but Lulu is fun.

EDIT: Also, Zilean is an absolute blast but really requires some patience on your part (and your teams). He can lay down some serious fuck you you thought you were safe damage with his bombs and he's a real frustrating to play against if the Zilean knows what he's doing.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: June 07, 2013, 08:30:09 PM

I've been enjoying playing support as a main role with my brother in law who ADCs. I've been mostly using Thresh but I wanted to branch out and learn a few other champs. Any suggestions on who to play next?

I'm leaning towards Sona, but Janna, Leona and a few others seem interesting as well.

Sona, Janna, Alistar, Nami, Lulu are my picks for support atm. Leona is hard to play well compared to the rest
Phry
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: June 08, 2013, 06:25:48 AM

Thresh, Leona, Lulu, Mundo supports Grin
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: June 10, 2013, 12:13:45 PM

Ok so on Friday, I bought Janna and Sona. I learned that Sona is really fun to play early to mid, and really squishy late. I had to learn to play her very very passive late game.

Janna was more troublesome, but it might of been because I was drinking! It looks like Janna's best when teamed up with a melee ADC than anything else. I have to practice more with her.

Next few characters I'm looking to test are Leona and Lulu.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: June 10, 2013, 02:00:33 PM

Janna is very skill intensive but not particularly ADC intensive. She works with anyone except melee ADC's (because melee ADC's suck and with good reason)

She requires both knowledge of how to use her abilities and how to level and build (try leveling w and building AP after your sight stone!)
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: June 10, 2013, 06:15:14 PM

I would play ARAM if it was not random picks. I think with the current depth in thee champ pool we could see a variety of builds revolving around this format...
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: June 11, 2013, 02:00:24 PM

Janna is very skill intensive but not particularly ADC intensive. She works with anyone except melee ADC's (because melee ADC's suck and with good reason)

She requires both knowledge of how to use her abilities and how to level and build (try leveling w and building AP after your sight stone!)

Are there any decent build guides out there that I can use as a cheatsheet? I'm no where close to learning all the different gears.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #183 on: June 11, 2013, 02:16:37 PM

I use Mobafire but the quality can be somewhat... variable.

Rasix

Reply #184 on: June 11, 2013, 03:54:00 PM

solomid.net is generally good for guides.

spellsy, is a an ex-pro player that does some easy to read support guides/cards.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: June 11, 2013, 06:52:56 PM

I've been using mobafire and solomid. Ok so I'm looking in the right places.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: June 11, 2013, 10:30:06 PM

Don't use mobafire. If you don't know what you're doing already it won't help. If you do know you wont need it.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: June 11, 2013, 10:42:47 PM

Riot has decided that on-hit builds need help, and in their infinite wisdom is going about this by removing the quintessential AS on-hit item from the game entirely. Malady is being cut in half and glued on to Nashor's and Wit's End. Hopefully the buffs will make my old AS Kayle build viable (as much as you can call it a build now that half the core items have been removed) but it's a weird way to go about it.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: June 12, 2013, 12:20:54 AM

I actually like this a lot, I always thought the combination of Malady / Wit's End / Nashor's Tooth was too duplicative.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: June 12, 2013, 02:01:25 AM

I haven't actually seen Malady in a game that didn't have Teemo in...... well, a while.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: June 12, 2013, 03:09:16 AM

It wasn't a great item, but it felt more iconic to me than Nashor's Tooth. I love how in the patch preview they mention that on-hit builds haven't been popular lately and sound really perplexed about it, as if they weren't the ones who nerfed the shit out of every single AS item in the S3 patch.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #191 on: June 13, 2013, 04:39:52 PM

What's the status of Shyvana nowadays? Does she still get played?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: June 13, 2013, 05:10:49 PM

I don't think so, I hardly ever see her.  I'm not really too familiar with her, so if someone else disagrees ignore this, but I think she's kind of falling in between roles.  She's not really a good enough ganker to be an optimal jungler (she's got a great clear speed, but that's not really something people care much about these days), and doesn't have great dueling potential so she gets pushed out of lane a lot.  It's not like she's super weak or anything, she just doesn't do much on a team.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #193 on: June 14, 2013, 08:21:30 AM

I think the only time I see Shyvana now is in ARAM. I have maybe played 1 ranked game in the last few months with her in it.

Ludo
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: June 14, 2013, 04:07:09 PM

Shyvana's niche used to be counterjungling via superfast clears. She was a strong early duellist and had very quick clears, so she could clean out her own camps and then go mess up the opposing jungle. With the jungle changes, her clear really isn't that fast anymore. Also, the currently popular junglers are quite resilient to counterjungling (apart from Amumu but he is banned pretty much all the way to plat). Her ganks were always lacklustre, and her lategame where she was tanky via having lots of armor and magic resist, doesn't work well in a meta full of penetration. Riot planned to fix her through itemization, but I don't think they are going to avoid buffing her kit, as her hybrid damage, wonky ultimate and close-to-useless E just don't cut it these days. She is a victom of power creep, jungle changes and items changes.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: June 14, 2013, 07:59:07 PM

I don't think she is a victim of power creep, just other champs are in the spot light. Once Riot decides to "shake up" the meta, we get more shyvanna players till new tank jungles get released.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: June 14, 2013, 09:18:18 PM

The recent jungle changes were a big boost to her because she can clear so fast she can effectively farm everything forever.
Ludo
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: June 14, 2013, 11:24:06 PM

I don't think she is a victim of power creep, just other champs are in the spot light. Once Riot decides to "shake up" the meta, we get more shyvanna players till new tank jungles get released.

Vi, Zac, Hecarim after S3 item changes, remade Udyr. I think these champions have all eclipsed her in power. Especially Vi and Zac have usurped her niches, doing what she does, just better.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: June 15, 2013, 02:20:41 AM

She also has some pretty significant changes on the PBE
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: June 15, 2013, 09:02:36 AM

Shyvana is currently my favourite champ to play, and I am kind of dreading her new changes. Right now she kinda feels sleeper OP, and I'm afraid they will buff her through the roof she will be everywhere.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: June 17, 2013, 10:46:51 AM

Played a few games with some level 30s with Karma bot/support and I have to say she's isn't bad toss down AOE shielding in team fights and her poke is pretty awesome.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: June 18, 2013, 06:26:23 PM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #202 on: June 18, 2013, 07:28:41 PM

Played a few Shyvana games. Seems good out of the jungle, would be even better if I actually had the proper runes for it, too. No CC to speak of when ganking, but good pressure in teamfights.

What is it with these people and homogenising everything?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Rasix

Reply #203 on: June 18, 2013, 07:53:51 PM

Weird, unique flowers do not survive, especially if they want them to be tournament viable.   Yi is pretty much a gimmick champ, and either you get pentakills with him in competitive play, or he's useless.   He's kind of lost in the current meta and with how recent champs have been designed.   I'm not sure he's been seen in a tournament game since late season 2.

Plus, some of the older models are really, really bad. Pizza feet Yi.  Seems like they take a pass at the visuals and then look at the kit.

-Rasix
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: June 18, 2013, 08:16:58 PM

Weird, unique flowers do not survive, especially if they want them to be tournament viable.

I don't agree that they should be making every champion tournament viable, though.  Why should I care if pros are using champion X if I'm having fun playing as him?  If he was somehow OP, I could understand a nerf headed his way, but it bugs me when they overhaul champions just because they're unpopular.  If you've got new art assets and new moves, add a new character, Yi Jr. or something, you can do that without removing Yi as he currently stands.  If there's one thing I'll give Dota over LoL it's that their champion designs are way more varied than LoL and it's good for the game IMO, both from the standpoint of a casual player and a spectator.  Remake Yi is probably going to be another gap closer + damage steroid + AoE damage champion, probably with some kind of piddly self-heal as a "nod" to his former meditate ability.  And he's STILL not going to be tournament viable, unless melee ADCs have somehow become relevant again.

Plus, some of the older models are really, really bad. Pizza feet Yi.  Seems like they take a pass at the visuals and then look at the kit.

This at least I can get behind.  Yi was kind of the poster child for their original aesthetic which they've quietly shuffled off, the "big boots and gloves" Warcraft look he shares with characters like Sivir (who I suspect is headed for the chopping block herself pretty soon) and the weird seven eyed goggles he shares with Jax.

Though even then, I think it would be neat if they had a "Old School Yi" skin or something with his clunky ass feet just for the hell of it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:18:56 PM by Kail »
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: June 18, 2013, 08:24:55 PM

I'm not sure he's been seen in a tournament game since late season 2.

Alex Ich of Moscow 5/Gambit Gaming ran it twice in week one of the EU LCS Summer Split, which was this past weekend. http://euw.lolesports.com/season3/split2/players/alex-ich

I don't really like playing with him or against him, so I can get behind an overhaul.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: June 19, 2013, 12:43:08 PM

I started playing around with Zyra last night. Really fun champ to run as support. Only got one game in though.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: June 20, 2013, 08:28:59 AM

Zyra support is kinda good early game but at the end her kit isn't utility enough to justify support items imo. You get root and an ult but late game it'll just be a knockup and your dmg will be next to nothing.

So basically you really need to snowball with your adc

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #208 on: June 20, 2013, 09:14:06 AM

You don't build support Zyra as a traditional support. Once you get Philo stone and ruby sightstone, AP the fuck out of her. Haunting Guise > Liandry's Torment, Sorc's Shoes (or the cooldown boots or merc treads depending) and Rylai's at the very least. Late game she will be a fantastic damage addition and crowd control and nobody notices those goddamn plants plinking their ass until she drops the ult and BAM KNOCKUP EXTRA DAMAGE YOU JUST GOT MELTED.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: June 20, 2013, 10:33:41 AM

Yeah, I haven't really mastered it yet, but You go for ruby/philo then Rylai's and then Liandrys. In the end you turn into a mini AP cannon. It works well in my normal games. But I've only played a minimum amount of games.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Season 3 Changes  
Jump to: