Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:26:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Season 3 Changes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 3 Changes  (Read 115817 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #140 on: April 11, 2013, 07:08:36 AM

Who takes more than 5?

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #141 on: April 11, 2013, 07:24:30 AM

Resourceless champs.  Fort port start will be the next to get nerfed.

-Rasix
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: April 11, 2013, 12:46:56 PM

So, Riot just announced a systemic revision for their skin RP pricing.  Most of the costs are going down (to reflect the fact that the "average" skin today is way the hell better than they were when the game launched) but costs for 18 skins are going up, from 975 to 1350.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3328361

Naturally, there is much sturm und drang about this on the forums, but since the changes don't go live for ~2 weeks, people still have time to grab iBlitzcrank or whatever if they want him at the current price.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: April 11, 2013, 12:54:11 PM

Who takes more than 5?

"Potion-master" Akali, Morde, etc. Even mana-based champs sometimes start with just some combo of wards and pots. They provide so much sustain early game that if you buy any real item you get pushed out of lane by someone who trades and heals it all back. Especially top lane if you start with a real item and get ganked early even if you survive with minimal damage taken you're basically guaranteed to get pushed out of lane.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #144 on: April 11, 2013, 12:56:37 PM

So, Riot just announced a systemic revision for their skin RP pricing.  Most of the costs are going down (to reflect the fact that the "average" skin today is way the hell better than they were when the game launched) but costs for 18 skins are going up, from 975 to 1350.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3328361

Naturally, there is much sturm und drang about this on the forums, but since the changes don't go live for ~2 weeks, people still have time to grab iBlitzcrank or whatever if they want him at the current price.

I've still only bought one skin.  Spooky Gangplank for 260 RP, because I wanted to be a ghost pirate.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: April 11, 2013, 01:40:08 PM

Resourceless champs.  Fort port start will be the next to get nerfed.

Already done, I think.  Fort potion got a price change to 350.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: April 11, 2013, 11:17:59 PM

I'm not convinced that Spaceman Nautilus and Pool Party Ziggs are worth 1350RP

Sadly, they are two of the few skins I don't have.

Will my OCD force me to splurge or will sanity prevail?

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: April 12, 2013, 02:18:15 PM

I'm not convinced that Spaceman Nautilus and Pool Party Ziggs are worth 1350RP

Sadly, they are two of the few skins I don't have.

Will my OCD force me to splurge or will sanity prevail?

Yeah, the criteria seem kind of weird.  Steel Legion Garen is moving to 1350, but Steel Legion Lux is still only worth 975, even though they both seem pretty comparable.

But yeah, having the same crisis of self control myself... still waiting for the prize IP from that comic contest to come through, hoping I won't have to spend money for this.  Waffling on iBlitzcrank and Frostblade Irelia.  The bigger point of interest for me is the three legendary skins ("these skins will never go on sale") which are being moved down to a 1350 price point where they might be going on sale for potentially 675.  We haven't seen any of the 1350 skins go on sale yet, though, so who knows.  I generally buy my skins on sale, so bumping the prices of a few up to 1350 is not really worrying when they're moving those legendaries down a peg.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: April 19, 2013, 02:06:09 AM

The soon-to-be-1350 Sona, Ziggs and Nautilus skins are on sale for 50% off. Nice ploy to sell them*

*I threw my wallet at the screen and grabbed the two I didn't have

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: April 21, 2013, 06:26:18 PM

The soon-to-be-1350 Sona, Ziggs and Nautilus skins are on sale for 50% off. Nice ploy to sell them*

Yeah, I saw a post by Hipallus where he mentioned that they were thinking of putting the skins with increased prices which were released before 2013 on sale before the price change went live, so maybe Monday's sale will be more of them.

They probably could have avoided like 99% of the drama with this if they'd made put the skins on sale right when the price change was announced, I kinda wonder why they didn't do that.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #150 on: April 30, 2013, 07:12:17 AM

ARAM QUEUE!
Rasix

Reply #151 on: April 30, 2013, 07:19:01 AM

Yah, this will get me back to try it.  I've actually never played an ARAM.  Get off my lawn!

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: April 30, 2013, 08:11:49 AM

Don't feel bad. I've never played a Custom game, let alone ARAM  why so serious?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #153 on: April 30, 2013, 12:06:20 PM

I tried Howling Abyss ARAM at lunch after my first game was full of another group of terribad players. It was fun and different. Probably a nice way to train for late-game team fights.

Rasix

Reply #154 on: April 30, 2013, 10:37:22 PM

Well, that was fun and fast.  20 minutes for my win of the day bonus is alright by me.  Poor enemy team didn't get a single ranged character.  I did pretty decent with AP Sion.

-Rasix
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: May 01, 2013, 04:57:07 AM

Trundle seems... good. Time to get my jungle on.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #156 on: May 01, 2013, 07:31:42 AM

Played a couple more games of ARAM last night with Phry. Sucked it the first game, did better the second with Tristana. Ranged has a huge advantage, especially if they spend the first few minutes farming minions instead of getting in team fights. Teemo is a beast thanks to all the goddamn mushrooms and the very narrow channel. Karthus is good for that reason and for the fact that people can't heal up so his ult can be HUGE.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: May 01, 2013, 08:36:33 AM

Did they buff sejuani? I neer saw people playing her but with the new look I decided to buy her and find her to be a very good jungler/tank.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #158 on: May 01, 2013, 08:58:08 AM

Yes, her and Trundle both got redos.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: May 01, 2013, 09:39:34 AM

Much as I love support and like to think I'm pretty good at it I've realized my ability to carry anything in ranked is next to none. So it's become that I'm trying to main jungle and I was wondering about good jungle champs.

I tend to err on the side of tank so here's the ones I use.

Xin- My goto guy, build him tanky with frozen mallet and he is a cc machine with good dps.
Rammus- little spinball of doom, very fun but having your charge not hit minions is kind of a pita.
Hecarim- Still learning him but aoe for days is fun, when he isn't banned
Amumu- I think I've forgotten to play him he gets banned so much and his bandage also has the minion problem.
Sejuani- played a couple games, seems like a contender for top tier as far as tanky/cc goes.
Mao- man his ganks are good but I feel like late game he offers less damage and tankiness than other choices.

Who else is there that is any good?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #160 on: May 01, 2013, 09:54:11 AM

Volibear is decent as he can snowball into some serious late game damage and tankiness. He's a bit slow.
You're spot on about Mao - he's really more of a support/tank jungle late game than any damage dealing. It's mostly about tying up at least one opposing champ and making sure your team gets the protection of his ult than doing the damage yourself. Oh and scouting with your seedlings.
Nocturne seems to be trash unless you are really skilled with him. I'm not. I tend to die way too much as you have to be selective about your targets.
Vi is a serious damage dealer late game and with stuff like the Black Cleaver, she's good at debuffing the other team's armor, and she has her dunk that makes for good selective CC. Can be a bit squishy.
Yi is a beast if done right. AP Yi is not doing it right. It's doing it very very wrong. Attack speed, movement and physical damage all the way.
Darius is good if you know how to use Darius, especially his dunk. Late game he can either be a beast or a dud depending on how well you manage the ult.
Fuck Fiora and Nasus jungle. Just haven't seen them used as good junglers.

Rasix

Reply #161 on: May 01, 2013, 10:17:05 AM

Nasus jungle seems pretty damn easy.  Build tanky, wither carry, solo dragon at 6,  profit.

Also, Naut got buffed recently and that guy has CC for miles.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:25:04 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: May 01, 2013, 10:27:41 AM

The problem with Nasus jungle is his ganking potential.  The love he got a few patches ago made him decent again, but the new patch hit his CC kinda hard.

Rasix

Reply #163 on: May 01, 2013, 10:30:29 AM

Uhh, they only halved the attack speed slow, not the movement speed slow.

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: May 01, 2013, 10:36:22 AM

Uhh, they only halved the attack speed slow, not the movement speed slow.

True, but that attack speed might make a difference for some.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: May 01, 2013, 10:50:14 AM

I used to love me some nautilus but something about his kit feels lacking to me. Pre-ult his ganks aren't that great and post ult you are usually almost done with the laning phase where his chase-you-down ult lacks some of it's punch.  He is definitely a cc machine though when you learn to use his passive right.

Rasix

Reply #166 on: May 01, 2013, 10:52:13 AM

You could also do some Cho'gath.  He was used pretty effectively in the NA LCS.  Gotta hit those ruptures, though.

-Rasix
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: May 01, 2013, 10:58:26 AM

Had my first ARAM games last night and really had fun.  Shorter games, lots of action and so far less raging.  Plus I get some experience on champs I would never pick for Rift.

For jungle I like Noc, Lee & GP (though I prefer lane GP).  I tried J4 in some custom games but the first clear was rough with my runes and with no pull on blue.  I'm sure with a real pull it would be fine.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: May 01, 2013, 05:17:32 PM

I'm not particularly good at jungle, but in addition to what others have said, I've had some luck with Fiddlesticks and Zac.

The new champ seems really vicious, to me.  Excellent farm and sustain, excellent CC, a really versatile gap closer/escape tool, and her invuln ult... she seems really powerful.  Pretty fun so far, but I haven't worked out a build for her yet, she seems like she needs more defense stats than most mages.

The ARAM thing, I'm liking, but I'm not sure if I'll stick with it.  It's nice to have a low stress game against other players rather than against bots, but not being able to choose the champion I like is kind of a turnoff.  I'm not sure about the balance here, my first game I rolled with Vlad, who I loved at launch but haven't played much recently and I really sucked bad as him.  I thought that with free lifesteal and ranged resourceless poke would be OP, but I got stomped, so not sure if I suck (a definite possibility, I've never been particularly good at him) or he's just not really that viable.  The next two games I got Rengar and Monkey King and did way better, weirdly, because neither has any ranged poke (except Rengar's chain chomps) I assumed I'd get destroyed.  So, still trying to figure out the balance here.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: May 01, 2013, 05:44:23 PM

There really isn't much balance to aram, I just played a game where I got heimer, it was essentially gg for the enemy team right then. Heimer poke is godly

Phry
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: May 05, 2013, 07:00:06 PM

Mundo and Fiora jungle for me :D
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #171 on: May 05, 2013, 09:15:10 PM

There really isn't much balance to aram, I just played a game where I got heimer, it was essentially gg for the enemy team right then. Heimer poke is godly

I got Xerath on ARAM last night and there was a Ziggs and Yi on my team. It wasn't even fair. That much AOE, ranged damage in that tight a space was just ridiculous. I had 23 kills by the end and I think Ziggs was 21 or right near there. It only got close because the late game opens up near the last two turrets and it's harder for that AOE team to get kills and aces.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #172 on: May 17, 2013, 09:17:15 AM

Holy shit, it's about time.

You can now make Custom Item Sets to load during the game so that you don't have to keep trying to remember builds. You can filter them by champ and map, and make multiple item blocks each set. I've been through making a few and it's about as good as I could have hoped (at least out of game - haven't used them in game yet).

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: May 17, 2013, 09:36:38 AM

I've been making my own custom build using an app for a while now.  This is just adding the in-game version of it, which does make things easier.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: June 07, 2013, 10:22:56 AM

I've been enjoying playing support as a main role with my brother in law who ADCs. I've been mostly using Thresh but I wanted to branch out and learn a few other champs. Any suggestions on who to play next?

I'm leaning towards Sona, but Janna, Leona and a few others seem interesting as well.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Season 3 Changes  
Jump to: