Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:02:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: The Lost Shores - Nov 16-18 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Lost Shores - Nov 16-18  (Read 117041 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #210 on: November 23, 2012, 12:15:30 AM

It is interesting that they looked at radiance from LOTRO - a failed system that they said "our bad" and ditched - and decided they should use it.

Or resists in WoW. Also "our bad, not fun removing".

Let's keep it simple on how clueless they were at Fractals:

1. Stupid Place for a Dungeon Entrance
If A.net actually understood how things work on the ground they wouldn't  have placed Fractal Entrance on Lion's Arch.
Lion's Arch is already overpopulated by Trading Post, Forge users, AFKers and people using Heart of the Mists as free teleport hub. It's a mistake to place a new content dungeon entry in an already overcrowded zone. This leads to number 2

2.Disconnected? Lost a party member? Too bad.
You cannot reform a broken party in Fractals. Leaving a Fractal instance means you have to find the correct 'Lion's Arch overflow' to rejoin the instance. This will be fixed in the future, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out why NOBODY, NOT A SINGLE PERSON had this problem with CLASSIC dungeons when placed outside Lion's Arch! Shows what kind of crowd testing they've done with their 'future content'. Lost Shores live event was a lagfest too, but it wasn't when Arena.net were testing it, cause they ran it with 50 people. (I'm assuming here, but I sincerely doubt they experienced lag and other LIVE issues when testing it. And gave it a 'Pass')

And the biggest joke was watching their Swamp Fractal promotional video run, talking about 'team work' to overcome puzzle events - while blatantly using a developer's teleport cheat to show you how it's done. Well trolled, A.net.

Other than the above and player segregation through fractal difficulty level - I've no complaints.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: November 23, 2012, 07:47:01 AM

heh, I haven't logged in in about 3 weeks and I just found a survey email in my spam box.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: December 06, 2012, 01:57:02 PM

FYI for anyone who disconnected during the event: today they're apparently sending out boxes of event rewards to everyone they saw as participating but not opening the box. I don't know where that cut-off is, since I didn't disconnect, I just got bored and logged out part way through the whole thing. Will update tonight to see if I get a chest or not.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: December 06, 2012, 05:10:33 PM

FYI for anyone who disconnected during the event: today they're apparently sending out boxes of event rewards to everyone they saw as participating but not opening the box. I don't know where that cut-off is, since I didn't disconnect, I just got bored and logged out part way through the whole thing. Will update tonight to see if I get a chest or not.

I played that day but didnt attend the event and got the rewards :)
sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: December 06, 2012, 08:02:09 PM

HAHa, wife and I did the same thing; both got boxes.  No precursors. :/
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: December 07, 2012, 07:08:41 AM

I must have logged in my Mesmer for a bit during the event as I had one of these waiting for me.  Got a Big Juju which will be put to good use on my Necromancer.

I'd normally feel a little guilty about getting more than my share, but my Ranger's drops were utter shit despite attending the whole event.  It's nice to have gotten one exotic I can put to use out of it all.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: December 07, 2012, 08:18:24 AM

Yeah, wow. Thanks for the heads up. I spent about 5 minutes in that zone nowhere NEAR a scheduled event. I got a package in the mail as well!

Shit items of course, but that's par for me.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: December 07, 2012, 11:34:44 AM

I got a package as well, wasn't actually there for the final event. Got exotic gloves and a 20 slot bag I can use.

Ninja edit: Dammit rare gloves. Can't tell the difference.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:37:18 AM by Mosesandstick »
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: December 07, 2012, 12:24:34 PM

Sigh, no mail for me, probably since I was in wvw for the duration of the event  Ohhhhh, I see.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: December 07, 2012, 12:38:38 PM

Huh. Yea, I got it too. I was online at the time, and was in zone before the major event, but steered WAY clear when the event was going on. Was lonely in Orr smiley Did both the first event and then phase 2.

Got a few ectoplasmables but did get the 20 slot box which is nice and the shell which is nicer.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: December 07, 2012, 03:14:26 PM

I'm pretty surprised at this - I did about 30-45 min of the event and today got 2 named exotics, 2 ecto'd rares, the Karka Shell +25 to all and the 20 slot box.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: December 08, 2012, 05:26:50 AM

I'm pretty surprised at this - I did about 30-45 min of the event and today got 2 named exotics, 2 ecto'd rares, the Karka Shell +25 to all and the 20 slot box.

Pretty close to what I got and I was nowhere near the event.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: December 08, 2012, 11:08:38 PM

I was asleep, it being something like 2-3 AM in the morning, and this makes me no better aligned towards the retarded concept of one off events.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: December 09, 2012, 02:13:19 PM

I like this game, and I want it to succeed, but wow what a mess.  It's beginning to feel like a trolling.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: December 09, 2012, 04:33:41 PM

well. if you don't do fractals, there's nothing else to do for pve nowadays.
b4 i stopped logging, it was either dungeon running for tokens (already decided what armor to wear with proper rune) or run fractals, looking for grp, hoping to get leveled without disconnect.

if you don't enjoy world v world or structured pvp, there's not much else, i'm afraid.
One look on their 'end game crafting' I decided it's not even worth pondering about.
Terrible goldsink for a skin and minor stat upgrade. Fuck that.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: December 10, 2012, 05:49:35 AM

It would be worse if the cat-ass reward was powerful. It's fine as a visible achievement.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: December 10, 2012, 07:10:37 AM

well. if you don't do fractals, there's nothing else to do for pve nowadays.
b4 i stopped logging, it was either dungeon running for tokens (already decided what armor to wear with proper rune) or run fractals, looking for grp, hoping to get leveled without disconnect.

if you don't enjoy world v world or structured pvp, there's not much else, i'm afraid.
One look on their 'end game crafting' I decided it's not even worth pondering about.

I love WvW.  I'm lucky enough to be on a great server and in an amazing guild for it.  I also enjoy "the world," and will be leveling many alts.  I'll be in this game awhile barring an NGE event (which they flirt with in every patch).  That or I'll finally get sick of the RMT manipulations.

Crafting for leveling is fun, but when my characters hit 80 I'm done...couldn't care less about legendaries.  As far as dungeons go, It's only fair that this game get the same criticism SWTOR got:  LFD.  WoW spoiled the MMO world in this area, and it should've been coming with every MMO launch ever since.  Even with LFD though, it seems fractals would still be a pain to manage.

I mean, F.O.T.M?  How is that not a troll?  awesome, for real

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: December 10, 2012, 07:17:03 AM

Yep, they really need to implement LFD -- it's my biggest gripe right now. One of the Anet people said that "they are working on it", but that can mean anything.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: December 10, 2012, 07:43:25 AM

Which makes it true to GW1 (excepting there is any stat change at all).  I like this model more than endless mudflation.  If I like the look of something, I can work towards it.  If not, I can completely ignore it.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: December 10, 2012, 07:44:19 AM

"they are working on it", but that can mean anything.

Fuckers been working on that Fractal disconnect = shit out of luck for 2 weeks
I wouldn't get my hopes up at all.

Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: December 10, 2012, 08:03:16 AM

Wintersday starts Friday.  This is going to be a major test for them, and I hope they know it.  If they can get it right, hopefully then they'll have enough goodwill to worry less about loot rage and more about these fixes and features we're waiting for.

If this is another mad rush for amazing loot in a multi-hour, bugged, one-time-but-not-really-one-time event, made worse with a botched fix, we might as well forget the whole thing.  Credibility is teetering as it is.

In other words, do what they did with Halloween, and not Lost Shores.  Shit, just do the exact same thing.  Mad Santa dungeon, Christmas maze of loot, and jumping puzzle on a spinning Christmas tree or giant Menorah.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: December 10, 2012, 10:52:26 AM

Wintersday starts Friday.  This is going to be a major test for them, and I hope they know it.  If they can get it right, hopefully then they'll have enough goodwill to worry less about loot rage and more about these fixes and features we're waiting for.

If this is another mad rush for amazing loot in a multi-hour, bugged, one-time-but-not-really-one-time event, made worse with a botched fix, we might as well forget the whole thing.  Credibility is teetering as it is.

In other words, do what they did with Halloween, and not Lost Shores.  Shit, just do the exact same thing.  Mad Santa dungeon, Christmas maze of loot, and jumping puzzle on a spinning Christmas tree or giant Menorah.

Im ready to holiday cheer event my ass off, hopefully it doesnt suck schweaty santa balls.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: December 10, 2012, 11:20:58 AM

This will be Halloween, not Lost Shores. It's a holiday event, and will follow that model. The test of having learned their lesson will be future new content, not one off holiday events.

Not to say that Halloween didn't have a fucked up one time reward thing either. They patched in that the hat dispenser would stay live for a few days due to the hurricane. He was intended to only be giving that little cosmetic hat to people who participated in the final event.

Nobody really cared since town clothing is an abandoned concept anyways.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: December 10, 2012, 11:55:12 AM

Town clothing is an odd one. It's clearly something that isn't working and no-one is interested in it - but GW1 was full of crazy / silly outfits and people went mad for them because you could use them when actually playing the game. Not sure why they are trying to be more 'serious' with GW2 but all I know is if I could wear a top hat in dungeons they would have my money right now.

(Assuming of course they fixed their normal dungeons so they weren't the most abominable wrecks I have ever experienced in an MMO)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:04:51 AM by Maledict »
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: December 10, 2012, 12:04:12 PM

Town Clothes don't work in GW2 because you can't fight with them on, so nobody ever actually bothers hitting the button. And there are so few outfits that there is not even a collection aspect to it. If I want to make my character pretty, I get armor sets for it. It just seems like a misunderstanding of the town outfits people wore in GW1.

Give me a town slot item that makes me look like an Ooze or something whenever I'm in town and I'd be all the fuck over that. I have no interest in the random temp potions though.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: December 10, 2012, 02:47:33 PM

Nobody really cared since town clothing is an abandoned concept anyways.

Ya seriously.  I wore them for a bit until realizing I couldn't pop my swiftnesses when running back and forth between TC and crafting stations.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: December 10, 2012, 05:49:22 PM

I thought I'd be addicted to this alot longer than it turned out I was. Maybe a brightest candle/fastest-burnout thing. At first I thought it was just time off from Thanksgiving. But after I finished Dishonored, I just couldn't find the fun anymore. Not doing Fractals, not doing PvP/WvW, not doing any dungeons, and all the events are really just designed for people who still like the game. Once I hit the wall which requires dedicated attention to the exclusion of everything else, I realized again just how incompatible my lifestyle is with these kinds of endgames  tongue

Ah well. I'll keep patching it because it's fun for a romp. And I certainly got my money's worth (the equivalent of 3+ Skyrims in time spent, for the same cost).
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: December 11, 2012, 06:55:09 AM

I'm in the same boat, I still play once in a while but my morning play times mean that almost any event is impossible due to empty zones, this means that I  have to level off of kills and hearts.  This in turn means that my lower level characters are too grindy to bother with and my max level Warrior is kind of pointless to play since I don't dungeon and don't find spvp or WvW especially compelling on him.  I expected all of that since I did play GW1 off and on since launch but it is kind of disapointing that the fun dropped off so fast.  On the upside I got some good solid play time out of my initial purchase and there's no sub to deal with so dropping in and out of the game isn't a big deal.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: December 11, 2012, 07:12:17 AM

I love the looks of the town clothes, but they're a hassle to switch in and out of.  My GW1 characters used those outfits all the time.  They also need a locker or Town Clothier so you can stash stuff you're not wearing.  Using up bank space isn't cutting it.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: December 12, 2012, 09:43:20 AM

It's almost like they want you to buy more bank space.

Over and out.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: December 12, 2012, 10:34:49 AM

They should put perma-swiftness to town clothes to make wearing them favorable in non-combat situations.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: December 12, 2012, 01:50:02 PM

Perma-strut would also be acceptable.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: December 12, 2012, 03:10:46 PM

But if you die wearing town clothes, it's perma-death
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: The Lost Shores - Nov 16-18  
Jump to: