Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:19:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: It's not you, it's me. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's not you, it's me.  (Read 186325 times)
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: February 07, 2013, 10:11:01 PM

Note to self:

*** deep breath ***

Count to 10

Relax
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:51:07 PM by Setanta »

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #491 on: February 07, 2013, 10:25:53 PM

Cut it out you two.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: February 08, 2013, 02:05:36 PM

Man, you guys sure do get worked up over a boring babby game.  awesome, for real

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #493 on: February 08, 2013, 03:45:23 PM

Despite all the bitching, at least my stock in ATVI finally did something this last week.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #494 on: February 09, 2013, 12:24:08 AM

Something that has continued to evolve over the life of the game has been end-game progression, and what’s required of your character to see what is at any one time considered the final raid. Originally it was a very linear path. You had to gear up through one raid before you could attempt the next, and the one after that, and so on. It meant that if you were even slightly behind the curve you could potentially never catch up. We began adding mechanics and options in Burning Crusade and beyond to ensure players could, with effort, have some ability to catch up. Fast forward to Cataclysm where we believe we went too far the other direction and a freshly minted 90 didn’t really have to do anything before jumping directly into Dragon Soul.

Did we play the same Cataclysm?  Because I distinctly recall grinding four tiers of dungeons to get into DS with my alts.

Depends when you played. Towards the end of Cata (I skipped the first year or so of it) I got my Lock to 85, equipped a bunch of BoE PvP gear and a couple of tradeable-valor-purples, went into the 376-tier heroics for a couple of runs, and was in DS later the same day.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #495 on: February 09, 2013, 12:29:57 AM

For me it was only 3 tiers, and not so much of a grind.

I came back with a scroll of rezz, got my shaman to 85 and had decent enough gear that one normal dungeon + the rep I had from quests gave me the gearscore for Heroics.   After about 3-4 normal Heroics I had enough VP & drops to buy my way into the Eternity dungeons.   Those dropped loot and VP enough that I think it only took me 2-3 days to get in to DS.    I was able to skip the bullshit of Troll dungeons entirely.

I think you probably have a serious case of rose coloured glasses, because 1000 VP would buy you a wand or totem/idol/libram slot item.

That's the other way I geared up to skip the troll dungeons. (On my Hunter as well as my lock, though this was in the final months of Cata pretty much. I pretty much had Justice maxed out from levelling through dungeons, so that equals 2 more slots, plus by this time I had the quests figures out (Chromie gave you a free ranged slot item from her quest, a couple more slots were filled with quests, but I forget exactly what.) Skipped trolls and went straight to the Eternity tier. I hated those trolls so did everything I could do to skip them...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: February 09, 2013, 02:46:24 AM

Saw this and thought of this subforum:

awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #497 on: February 09, 2013, 05:24:11 AM

We need a WUA boxing analogue here stat.  why so serious?

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: February 10, 2013, 03:36:47 AM

Okay, my turn to whinge: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7810522218
So apparently nobody has obtained a Sha or Galleon mount, ever. There is 0 proof this is on the loot tables at all. There are a few screenshots but mostly the people are in t3 etc which leads me to believe they are using a certain morphing program I won't name.

Now I always thought it was strange I have never seen either mount on a server with easily 2k+ sha loots a week seeing as it dies every 15 minutes almost the entire week. But Guildox comes to the rescue!

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30

In case you are not aware guildox scans the armory and gets EVERYONES armory details using blizzards official API. This includes hk's, mounts, achievements etc. It scans US, EU and Asian realms. Literally nobody in wow has seen this mount, Blizzard.

Four max-capacity and locked threads (with no Blizzard responses) later, there's a rolling hotfix applied to the servers and suddenly Heavenly Cloud Serpents/Mini-Galleons start showing up. Hope nobody wasted charms on trying for the mounts! Like I did. Facepalm
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 03:41:37 AM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #499 on: February 10, 2013, 03:43:53 AM

We need a WUA boxing analogue here stat.  why so serious?

Hahaha. or Sinijj telling us the game is one more subscriber loss away from going to the den and being deleted from all of our computers as mercy to us.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #500 on: February 10, 2013, 09:20:55 AM

Okay, my turn to whinge: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7810522218
So apparently nobody has obtained a Sha or Galleon mount, ever. There is 0 proof this is on the loot tables at all. There are a few screenshots but mostly the people are in t3 etc which leads me to believe they are using a certain morphing program I won't name.

Now I always thought it was strange I have never seen either mount on a server with easily 2k+ sha loots a week seeing as it dies every 15 minutes almost the entire week. But Guildox comes to the rescue!

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30

In case you are not aware guildox scans the armory and gets EVERYONES armory details using blizzards official API. This includes hk's, mounts, achievements etc. It scans US, EU and Asian realms. Literally nobody in wow has seen this mount, Blizzard.

Four max-capacity and locked threads (with no Blizzard responses) later, there's a rolling hotfix applied to the servers and suddenly Heavenly Cloud Serpents/Mini-Galleons start showing up. Hope nobody wasted charms on trying for the mounts! Like I did. Facepalm
Just think of all the fun you had trying to farm it before then? I mean, that's fun right?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: February 10, 2013, 09:27:54 AM

Well, I did get an awesome skull-shaped barbute Greathelm of the Monstrous Mushan from the only Galleon kill I was part of plus Galleon is essentially impossible to farm so that one doesn't bother me that much. Sha is pretty much "log in on Wednesday, wait five minutes for an invite & spawn, faceroll, loot" so it's not exactly PoWar bosses dropping cloth caps either. Just a little annoying.

goishen
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: March 04, 2013, 09:58:34 PM

WoW will die only after your grandchildren have faded into the dustbin of history.  And then it'll become FTP.  So yah, it'll never die.  Not completely.  I mean, heh.   EQ servers are running, right?  I'm pretty sure I can find a Meridian 59 server somewhere on the net, if I looked hard enough.

My point is that these games only die when they become irrelevant to us. 

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: March 04, 2013, 10:14:52 PM

Or if they're owned by NCSoft.  cry

Over and out.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: March 04, 2013, 10:21:51 PM

Or they're SWG, Glitch, FF14 (sorta), ...

Though to be fair, DIKU-style MMOs do seem to live forever. I think all the grind is infusing them with power from the Negative Plane, so they just become undead instead.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #505 on: March 04, 2013, 10:51:32 PM

Yes, it's so hard to find Meridian 59
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: March 05, 2013, 08:19:05 AM

Or if they're owned by NCSoft.  cry
Now I'm sad.  Again.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
goishen
Terracotta Army

Reply #507 on: March 05, 2013, 08:29:36 AM

Yes, it's so hard to find Meridian 59

Well, when I did a search for them, back in 2002, 2003?  It was relatively hard to find.

I thought that they had shut down, but apparently not.  Good to know.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: March 05, 2013, 01:32:46 PM

M59 was shut down for a while, but then started back up with a different company.  Wikipedia says shut down in 2000, reopened in 2002.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #509 on: July 19, 2013, 07:52:38 AM

I have no idea what's on page 14 of this thread but my browser won't let me look at it.

"Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on forums.f13.net.
Content from wow.mmodb.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss and permanent file deletion. Learn more"

Might just be Google being crap for all I know.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #510 on: July 19, 2013, 11:13:28 AM

Probably a hotlinked image.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #511 on: July 20, 2013, 10:41:32 AM

It's about raids and options and how people don't play anymore and then everyone starts calling each other names and shouting at some Australian guy... not Tale... and just the typical sort of posts that WoW seems to inspire.  Didn't see anything naughty, just stupid.  If your browser filters stupid, you're really lucky!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: July 31, 2013, 09:24:06 PM

I just re-subbed for 3 months again.  Downloading the client now.  Why do I keep doing this? Facepalm
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: July 31, 2013, 09:37:00 PM

I do the same thing. I get the itch, play for a few weeks and get bored. I've been trying to level my DK now and have encountered the dregs of humanity. I have never really had issues with LFD until now. Every time I run something now I either get someone spewing dick and fart jokes or I get someone who thinks my dps isn't good enough. Ignore list is only so big. sigh.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: July 31, 2013, 09:50:16 PM

What's the new flavour of the week for DPS?  I suck at tanking and hate healing (I was pretty good at it though) so dps is where I'm headed.  I only have one 90, hunter, but I've leveled every class to at least 75.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #515 on: August 01, 2013, 06:49:29 AM

Don't worry, I'll be joining you shortly. When 5.4 hits I'm going to be back playing.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #516 on: August 01, 2013, 06:58:26 AM

Ignore list is only so big. sigh.

Right Click > Report Spam.

It shuts them off from your feed and doesn't take up an ignore slot.

I just re-subbed for 3 months again.  Downloading the client now.  Why do I keep doing this? Facepalm

You hate yourself?  I haven't had the itch at all after unsubbing in.. uh.. February, I think.  Then again I've also picked-up other games to check out (Secret World, Gave LotRO another shot, TOR.) and don't have nearly the amount of free time I once did.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 07:00:52 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: August 01, 2013, 09:12:19 AM

Well, it looks like I've been hacked.  All my characters have been stripped of their gear and everything in my bags and bank is gone.  Why did I do this again? Ohhhhh, I see.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #518 on: August 01, 2013, 09:13:57 AM

Didn't you have an authenticator?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #519 on: August 01, 2013, 04:00:58 PM

Didn't you have an authenticator?

No.  I've been trying to switch my account to another email address but its working out just yet.  On a positive note, at least my characters weren't deleted. awesome, for real
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #520 on: August 02, 2013, 06:44:40 AM

Been there. It usually takes them a few days to restore all your crap as best they can, and they usually toss a few more pieces of gear on there than you actually had.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #521 on: August 02, 2013, 09:43:58 AM

Been there. It usually takes them a few days to restore all your crap as best they can, and they usually toss a few more pieces of gear on there than you actually had.

Because the gear deletion happened too long ago, they weren't able to restore anything.  I basically got the green 85 starter gear for my characters under 90 and my lone 90 got the green 88 gear.  They also gave me 500g for each character.  It's not too bad since my 90 hunter wasn't very well geared and anything my sub 90's had was going to be replaced anyway through levelling.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 09:45:34 AM by Ginaz »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #522 on: August 02, 2013, 09:53:34 AM

Well at this point you weren't sitting on current epics so it's less important. The gold will help some to outfit what's left over.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #523 on: October 19, 2013, 10:11:28 AM

I love this thread. Every time I think about playing WoW again, all I have to do is come here and read it and BOOM urge gone.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #524 on: October 19, 2013, 10:37:20 AM

Yeah, but if you did that for all the other threads on this board you'd never see any films, watch any telly, read any books, play any games, etc etc.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: It's not you, it's me.  
Jump to: